Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shifting Loyalties

wb1.png

TAGS:
Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

In the early morning light, the medical tent stood at the heart of the encampment. in side rested Aliris, a young girl who had been brought there the previous evening after a harrowing encounter with a fearsome Sithspawn 'dragon'. Her injuries were not too severe, but the skilled medics had done their best to heal her wounds and provide her with a peaceful resting place.

As the sun slowly rose over the horizon, a figure clad in silken Jedi robes emerged from the shadows. Tirin, a wise and experienced Jedi Master, had been informed of Aliris' presence in the medical tent and had arrived to investigate. Concern etched across his face, he approached Aliris' bedside with quiet steps, mindful of not disturbing her. He had been made aware of her other possible 'condition' and was curious to see how she was fairing with what he would consider a monumental burden she was carrying.

Tirin's keen eyes studied the young girl's peaceful slumber, admiring her resilience in the face of the dark side's influence. He noticed the bandages delicately wrapped around her arms and the small scratches on her face, reminders of the battle she had faced the previous evening.

Wanting to offer comfort and support, Tirin quietly set a tray of nourishing breakfast and a refreshing glass of apple juice on the small table in the tent. The aroma of warm, freshly baked pastries filled the air, accompanied by the gentle sound of clinking cutlery as Tirin set the table from the basket he carried. There was a savory sweet smell of Eggs, fried egg battered toast, fresh preserves, whipped creame fresh cut fruit that was chilled in a sweet tart medley, some fried meats, fresh ice cold water and ice cold crisp apple juice. There was an array of foods for her to choose from since Tirin just didn't know what the girl might find enjoyable or prefer. Surely something in the spread he hoped would interest her.

With a soft voice, Tirin whispered, "Aliris, it's time to wake up." He gently touched her shoulder, attempting to rouse her from her slumber. "I've brought you some breakfast and some apple juice. How are you feeling?"

He kept his voice calm and soft and he stepped back, giving her some space not wanting to loom over her.

GADividerWhite.png

She was asleep.

Finally.

Mistrust and fear kept her very much awake for the longest time, but eventually sleep did claim the child. As much violence as she'd experienced, as much as she'd been trained, she was still a child. She still needed her sleep. Not that she had good dreams. The dragon, the pain, the fear of what could've happened to her, to Braze. The dark voice in the back of her mind. The more she actually dreamed, the clearer the voice actually got.

The more it filled her with absolute dread.

"Aliris, it's time to wake up."

She shot right up, raising a hand to pull on metal that seemed to form from the very air around her. Form a dagger, point it towards the person who'd spoken. She did recognize that voice. It wasn't the one in her dreams, but one she thought of none the less.

"You. Why are you here? Come to finish what you didn't last time?"

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

wb1.png

TAGS:
Tirin's eyes widened slightly at Aliris' sudden reaction, his calm expression shifting into one of concern. He quickly assessed the situation, realizing that her response was rooted in fear and trauma. He raised his hands gently, palms facing her, in a non-threatening gesture.

"No, Aliris, I am not here to harm you. I understand that you may be feeling scared and confused right now, but I assure you, I am here to offer help."
Tirin spoke softly, his voice filled with gentle empathy.

He took a step back, giving her more space and ensuring that she felt safe. He maintained a respectful distance, making it clear that he had no intention of approaching further or causing any harm.

"I have brought you breakfast and some apple juice. The medics have done their best to care for you, and I wanted to ensure you have nourishment and comfort," Tirin explained, keeping his tone gentle and reassuring.

He allowed a moment of silence, giving Aliris the space she needed to process his words and actions. Tirin remained attentive, ready to respond to any concerns or questions she might have. He stepped to the other side of the table with a slow, graceful movement putting the table and more distance between them. He smoothed out his robes and very slowly moved to sit at the table. He set out two plates one across from himself and one in front of where he was now seated.

"I understand you may have a voice that is not your own,"
Tirin began, his voice gentle and understanding. "I was going to offer you my assistance... but if you would rather just take a bite to eat and be on your way, I will not stand in your way. However, I thought perhaps we could at least talk. We didn't exactly meet under the best of circumstances before. I know you go by Aliris. My name is Tirin."

He paused for a moment, observing Aliris's reactions and giving her the opportunity to respond. His heliotrope eyes held a mixture of empathy and curiosity, his expression inviting her to share her thoughts and concerns.

Tirin's hand moved to his own hair, running his fingers through the long black locks before pulling them over his shoulder. The gesture was a soothing one, reflecting his own vulnerability and fragility. In that moment, he appeared more like a delicate flower than a formidable warrior.

"I may not fully understand what you've been through, Aliris, but I am here to listen and to help in any way I can," Tirin continued, his tone soft and genuine. "Sometimes, just having someone who is willing to lend an ear can make a difference. If you would prefer to talk, know that I will do my best to understand and support you."

He maintained his calm and patient presence, respecting her boundaries and allowing her to decide the level of engagement she felt comfortable with. Tirin knew that trust would take time to rebuild, and he was willing to invest that time to establish a connection with Aliris, showing her that he genuinely cared.

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris didn't let go of her blade. She kept it pointed right for him, her eyes narrowed in focus. Anger. Distrust. This guy was the one that easily stopped her from running and got in her head. Though, he wasn't currently trying to get in her head. The blade didn't lower, but her violent intent lessened.

They were supposed to be friends here. .. She could try trusting, right? Her gaze shifted to the plate of food before she slipped from the bed to sit down and take up a piece. If he wanted her dead, she already knew he wouldn't need to try poison.

".. Okay." She didn't say much else. Hunger won more. Asides from when she ate with Loomi Loomi she'd been avoiding meals in fear of poison or just running into someone who'd rather her dead. "I'm not talking about it though. .. But thanks. For the food."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

wb1.png

TAGS:

Tirin maintained a calm demeanor, still careful not to make any sudden movements that could trigger Aliris' mistrust. He observed her closely, noting the shift in her posture and the slight lessening of her violent intent.

As Aliris glanced at the plate of food and took a seat, Tirin allowed a small smile to grace his lips, pleased that she had chosen to at least give the meal a chance. He understood her caution, and he respected her decision not to talk about her experiences at that moment.

"I understand, Aliris," Tirin replied softly, his voice carrying a sense of acceptance. "You don't have to talk about it if you're not ready. The most important thing is that you feel safe."

He watched as she began to eat, finding some solace in the nourishment before her. Tirin felt a glimmer of hope, recognizing that even this small act of accepting food was a step towards rebuilding trust.
"I'm not talking about it though. .. But thanks. For the food."

"You're welcome," Tirin responded, his voice sincere. "I'm glad I could provide you with something to eat. If there's anything else you need, please let me know and I'll do my best to provide you with such."

Tirin remained nearby, giving Aliris the space and time she needed to enjoy her meal and regain a sense of comfort. He was prepared to wait, understanding that trust couldn't be rushed. He did fix himself a modest amount of food from the array he brought and served himself a rather meager portion eating like a bird. He was very particular about his plate and ensured nothing on it touched anything else and he was very slow to eat much of anything but he did eat taking his sweet sweet time.

As they sat in silence, Tirin reflected on the delicate nature of their encounter. Building trust would require patience, empathy, and understanding. He was hoping to create a safe space where she could eventually feel comfortable sharing her experiences.

Perhaps talking about something you would normally talk to children about would be a good starting subject.

"Let's talk about something lighthearted, something that might be a fun subject..."

He took a moment to gather his thoughts, searching for a topic that could engage both of them. Then, a gentle spark of inspiration crossed his mind.
"Have you ever heard of the creatures known as nexu?" Tirin asked, his voice filled with a touch of excitement. "They're fascinating creatures native to various planets in the galaxy. With their sharp claws and agility, they are known for their hunting abilities. But did you know that some people have actually managed to tame and train them as pets? It takes a special bond and a lot of patience, but it can be done."

Tirin's words were accompanied by a genuine smile, hoping that the mention of these creatures would capture Aliris' curiosity and interest. He wanted to create a moment of shared fascination, allowing her to see that there was still wonder and joy to be found in the galaxy, despite the hardships she had endured. "I myself am rather fond of the cute little fuzzy Loth-cat's native to here. We found some cute kittens just yesterday too. adorable little fur-balls. Do you have any favorite creatures or animals, Aliris?" he asked, wanting to encourage her to share her own thoughts and experiences.

Last edited:

GADividerWhite.png

A couple bites in and the dagger dispated entirely in favor of the utensiles provided. It was good. And.. Apple juice. It was sweet. It wasn't a taste she actually knew, and it showed on her face. Surprise, warmth, delight. It reminded her of some of the sweets Wake had shown her. She listened in silence for the most part, raising a brow part way through before turning her gaze back to her meal until she finished it off completely.

Then let out a sigh.

"Your example sounds a lot like my situation right now. You're not going to get me to trust you. .. I can't trust any of you." Not true. She knew that as she said it. Loomi. K1. Braze. She trusted them.

Confusion welled up in her face before she glanced off with a huff.

"How insufferably you Jedi continue to try and treat people like they need your help."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

Tirin was quiet as he listened to her and seemed to enjoy watching her expression as she tried the juice.
"Your example sounds a lot like my situation right now. You're not going to get me to trust you. .. I can't trust any of you."
"Why do you feel that way?" Tirin asked curiously when she announced she couldn't trust any of them. He moved to fetch his basket and set it in his lap and opened it and moved to reach in and gently fussed with something inside it that stirred and... mewed.

"How insufferably you Jedi continue to try and treat people like they need your help."
"Not everyone may need help.... but things are a lot easier and more relaxing with help."

GADividerWhite.png

"Because you're two faced liars who have no issue flexing your power to invade peoples minds."

She spoke broadly, but that one was clearly directed at Tirin himself. It didn't matter if she didn't think that was true anymore, she still wanted to get some kind of dig at him for what he did. After everything she'd been through so far, she desperately didn't want someone in her head ever again.

And now she had a passenger she couldn't seem to get rid of.

".. Maybe I do need help, but I don't need you sitting there assuming it's your job to offer it to me."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

Tirin reached into the basket and plucked up the little Loth-kitten and cradled it gently petting the sleepy baby.

"Oh, I see... well I apologize for that... I really wanted to talk to you but you just seemed so.... ready to run off I couldn't possibly get a word in edge-wise... I suppose that was rather rude of me. I'm sorry about that- I didn't mean to be so intrusive... I just wanted you to hear me. I guess I was being selfish. I shouldn't have been so intrusive. " He offered lightly as he tenderly pet the fur ball with the very tip of his finger.

He considered her briefly thinking over her last few words. "I wouldn't consider it a job. " He offered in a gentle tone.

"I'm sorry I didn't know what you liked to eat or drink... Are you at least enjoying your breakfast?" Tirin asked softly.

GADividerWhite.png

Oh he apologized.

Aliris looked around the room uncomfortably, incredibly unsure on what to say or do with him just full on apologizing. People weren't her thing. Talking wasn't her thing. None of this was her thing. Instead she just went back to chewing on some of the fruit that was provided, trying not to think about just how uncomfortable this whole scenario was for her. At least the subject changed to the food.

".. It's good. I don't.. I don't often eat stuff like this."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

Tirin noticed Aliris's discomfort and respected her need for space and quiet. He continued to eat his own breakfast, giving her the freedom to process her thoughts and feelings. As they both focused on their meals, Tirin couldn't help but notice the subtle change in her demeanor when the subject shifted to the food.

"I'm glad to hear that you find it good," Tirin responded, his voice gentle and understanding. "Sometimes, trying new things can be a small step towards discovering something enjoyable or comforting."
He paused for a moment, wanting to provide her with an opportunity to express herself without feeling pressured. Then, a spark of inspiration ignited within him, as he remembered the fluffy little Lolth-Kittens he had mentioned earlier.

"I'm glad you mentioned that," Tirin continued, his voice taking on a tone of warmth and excitement. "I made everything with just a touch of love. Perhaps, if you're feeling a teeny bit better, I could possibly trouble you for some help. That is if you are of mind to lend me your assistance."

Tirin carefully wrapped the mewling ball of fluff into a warm, fluffy tea towel and plucked up a small bottle from the basket. He cradled the tiny Lolth-Kitten with great care as he prepared to feed it.

"You see, the little Lolth-Kittens we found were abandoned or something happened to their mother," Tirin explained, his eyes lighting up with affection for the small creatures. "And I have quite the handful here, feeding three of the little fur balls... Perhaps you could help me feed one when you're done with breakfast?"

He glanced towards Aliris, offering her a small smile. "They're so small that they need to be fed every few hours. I would be very grateful if you were inclined to help me just a little. They are some what sick from being left alone for so long- It may not be much but it means the whole world to them; But if you aren't interested, I understand completely."

Tirin's suggestion was an attempt to provide Aliris with an opportunity to engage in a non-verbal activity that could potentially bring some comfort and build a connection between them. He hoped that the innocent and gentle nature of caring for these tiny creatures might help alleviate some of the tension she might be feeling. It would also help him gauge what kind of person she was.

GADividerWhite.png

"You talk really formally and it's really stressing me out. .. Are you an Ashlan?"

His personality was so drastically different from the informal and lax way Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el seemed to handle himself. That did seem to be the source of her discomfort, though, as she watched him. Sipped her apple juice. It was good. Sweet. Though she blinked slowly in surprise as he mentioned Lothcats. Kittens, even. He wanted her to.. Help with them? She frowned, glancing down at the empty plate she had.

".. I don't know how to help them. I can twist them into monsters, if you want, but that's.. It's all I've learned how to do."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

wb1.png

TAGS:

"You talk really formally and it's really stressing me out. .. Are you an Ashlan?"
Tirin blinked at that and frowned. " No. I'm sorry. I suppose I was raised in a very privileged household when I was very young. I am from Corellia. "

Tirin offered. " I'll try not to talk that way if it upsets you. " He offered lightly.

".. I don't know how to help them. I can twist them into monsters, if you want, but that's.. It's all I've learned how to do."
"Monsters? Goodness no... Feeding kittens isn't too difficult really. You do need to be a little careful so they don't aspir- I mean choke on milk, however. " He said tipping himself mid-way from using a 'big fancy word'.

He noticed her empty plate and offered. " If you're still hungry there's still a bit more you are welcome to help yourself. " He said gesturing to the serving containers he initially served each of them from. Tirin Carefully held the small kitten and started to feed it from the bottle. The small fluff ball happily eating. It didn't look that difficult at all honestly. "I'd be happy to show you how if you want to try holding a little one. " Tirin chirped.

GADividerWhite.png

Ah. Nobility. She frowned a little. She was supposed to be a noble herself, if the Ashlan's hadn't hid who she was from her. .. Or if her family weren't all dead. She didn't want to think on that long. His response to her talking about monsters brought a faint smile to her though. Yeah, that's sort of what she figured. No one would want that. She didn't really want it either. She got up and followed him though. Well, sort of clung beside him.

Another instance of not wanting to be alone, but also not fully trusting the man she was walking with.

The kitten was adorable though. She blinked, looking to it before smiling just a little. Yeah, no way she'd turn that into a monster. She reached out, not for the cat, but for something for her to snack on. She.. Still wasn't sure if she wanted to actually feed something like that herself. She wasn't sure of much at all.

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

wb1.png

TAGS:

"Do you want to try petting him?" Tirin asked gently, his voice filled with warmth and encouragement.

"You can use your fingertip because they are so small," he continued, guiding her with gentle instructions. His words aimed to instill confidence and ease any hesitation she might have had.

"They are rather soft and nice to pet," he added, emphasizing the comforting nature of the kitten's fur. He held the small fluff ball out carefully as if offering her a precious opportunity to experience the joy of connecting with another living being. Tirin kept his voice soft and gentle.

As far as food was concerned there was still plenty left over. There was even a bowl of fried apples in a sugary sweet sauce- basically, fresh apple pie filling without the crust. Something she hadn't initially been served but was something else she could try out of the spread. As she drew closer she could see other kittens curled up sleeping with one another in one half of the basket- the basket had a divider on one side for food items and the other for precious fluffy fur babies.

GADividerWhite.png

Aliris squinted as she tossed up a grape to chew on. She could tell what he was trying to do. Get her to pet the cat, relax. Stop being so panicked. She wanted to stop being so paranoid, but it really wasn't that easy, was it? Still, the idea of petting the kitten had her constantly looking towards it. It was, in fact, adorable. She let out a sigh before, hesitently, reaching out to touch the top of the creature's head. She hadn't ever actually made Sithspawn before. Some rituals, yes, to summon demons, but never crafted monsters.

She had no experience with animals.

But she pretty quickly smiled. Skritched it's little head more and more.

".. It is really soft."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

wb1.png

Tirin's smile widened as he saw Aliris's willingness to pet the Lolth-Kitten. He approached her with a soft, gentle expression, radiating warmth and encouragement.

"Here, just for a moment. " Tirin practically purred himself, his voice filled with reassurance. He gently guided her hands, turning them over and settling the adorable purrito bundle into her palms. His touch was gentle, making sure she felt supported and comfortable. The bottle was nearly finished for this baby and he wanted to just see how she would respond if he placed a small life in her hands directly.

"See? It's easy," he continued, his voice soft and soothing. "Just don't tilt the bottle too far. That's perfect."

Tirin positioned himself beside her, helping her hold the bottle in a way that was suitable for the tiny Lolth-Kitten to feed. His movements were careful and deliberate, ensuring that Aliris felt confident in her ability to assist with the feeding.

As the Lolth-Kitten nuzzled against the bottle, Tirin watched with a gentle smile, admiring the connection being forged between Aliris and the tiny creature. He allowed them a moment of quiet interaction, appreciating the beauty in the simplicity of their shared task.

"You're doing great," Tirin murmured, his voice filled with encouragement. "Feeding them helps them grow strong and healthy. Your help means a lot to them, and to me as well."

GADividerWhite.png

".. Huh?"

Aliris blinked as the kitten was put in her hands.

"...... Huh?"

She blinked again as she was the one who started to feed them herself. She practically fumbled the bottle, not the kitten, before frantically trying to make sure it was being fed. She was flustered, surprised, embarrassed? She wasn't too sure about that last one, but she was very unsure on what she was doing, only that she was now feeding a live animal. And once the freaking out ended? She blinked slower, then, smiled. Just a little.

".. Huh."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

wb1.png

TAGS:

Tirin observed Aliris's initial surprise and fumbling as she held the first Lolth-Kitten and began to feed it. He could sense her uncertainty and mixed emotions, but he also saw a glimmer of something else—perhaps a flicker of delight or contentment.

As Aliris's confusion settled and a small smile formed on her lips, Tirin couldn't help but mirror her expression with a gentle smile of his own. He felt a surge of warmth, grateful for this moment of connection and the spark of joy he witnessed.

"Sometimes, the smallest of actions could, bring the best yet unexpected feelings. " Tirin spoke softly, his voice reflecting his own admiration for her courage and willingness to try something new.

With a gentle movement, Tirin reached into the basket and retrieved a second Lolth-Kitten and a spare bottle.

"You're doing a fantastic job." Tirin praised.

Tirin guided Aliris's hands, helping her hold the second bottle and position the second kitten for feeding. He made sure to adjust his guidance to accommodate the new addition, ensuring that she felt supported and capable in this new task.

"Be careful not to tilt the bottle too far," Tirin advised gently, his eyes showing genuine pride in her progress. "You're a natural at this. The kitten is lucky to have you."

Last edited:

GADividerWhite.png

One was done, then it was onto the next. Aliris blinked again in a stunned silence as yet another adorable little critter was in her hands and waiting for her to feed it. Which she did, happily at that. She didn't think anything in the galaxy could be this cute!

"They're really helpless, aren't they?"

Right now, she was the only thing keeping it from dying. Keeping it fed, keeping it warm. It was a weird thought, and one that seemed to click in her head as she watched this second kitten feed so hungrily and happily.

"It's just.. Lucky in general."

Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom