Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Shatterpoint | Resolution

<When I don't agree with something, I do something about it.>

"How noble of you," Amani responded to Kai's excuse with an irritated twitch of her eye. Once Iris had lifted him off the ground, she pressed her hand against his forehead, and began to detoxify the alcohol in his body. "Just stay still for a second,"

"Carnifex." Iris suddenly blurted. "We need to evacuate the camp. Now."

Amani didn't have to know more for the obvious change in demeanor to scare her, "What?" She drew the hilt of her saber practically on instinct. A faint, creeping sense of dread plucked at already frayed nerves. It couldn't truly be the case, could it? "Go then, whatever it is, I'll keep it busy." As stubbornly committed as she was to protecting all of them, it was the clearly illogical choice. In her still-recovering state, Amani couldn't move faster than a light jog without hurting herself. She only even had one working arm. If the threat was as dangerous as Iris believed, then the mirialan was condemning herself to death.

Tython Refugee Camp
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys , Arlo Renard Arlo Renard , Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Iris Arani Iris Arani , Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , etc...

Jasper had now drawn the hilt of his lightsaber from his pocket, already having it prepped in the reverse Shien grip he preferred in duels, though it wasn't ignited just yet. In the distance, he could hear a faint conversation, though he couldn't quite make out what of. As he wandered through the refugee camp, he came across a group of Jedi, three to be exact.

"I'm not alone! That's-" Jasper began, but he paused. "Oh no..."

His eyes rested on the young man who was being supported by a girl who was notably scarred. Jasper could tell immediately what the problem was. More importantly, he now realized what had happened to his alcohol. As the exile examined the others, he realized that they weren't in particularly good shape themselves.

"This complicates things..." Jasper sighed, "But I don't think we have too much time to explain." The bartender reached into his pocket, pulling out a flask and offering it to the wasted Jedi. "Citrus extract. It'll help your liver detoxify, but it'll be slow."

Jasper paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. He hadn't worked with Jedi in a long time. Frankly, he didn't want to, but there people were in danger.

"Alright, let's just get this over with," he muttered out loud. "Hi, I'm Jasper Kai'el. I'm about to go get myself killed. Anyone here want in?"

Last edited:

two.png

TYTHON
TEMPORARY REFUGEE CAMP
INTERACTING WITH: Inanna Harth Inanna Harth
TAGS: Vooltroo - Arlo Renard Arlo Renard - Amani Serys Amani Serys - Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el - Iris Arani Iris Arani - Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex - Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

"Not everyone has the luxury of rest," Alicio noted, forcing a light tone. "Besides, doing nothing makes me feel antsy."

As Inanna and him spoke, Alicio had difficulty keeping his attention on the task at hand. Often, he found himself pausing while picking up a new care package, or lingering with his hands empty. "You faced her? Even if she's still around, I'm glad to see you are too. But..." He paused mid-sentence to hand out a pack to an older man with a long, singed beard. "But I can't imagine that was easy for you."

Another break in the conversation as a child was discovered. Alicio used the pause to refocus on his duties, waiting for Inanna to return. Once she did, he offered a sympathetic glance, staring at the kid. Not everyone has a family to return to.

He hoped beyond hope that wasn't the case here. He turned to face Inanna once more.

Alicio's face changed from serene and caring to disgust. He began coughing, covering his mouth with his arm, and falling to a knee. After the brief fit, he groaned, swallowing hard. Alicio had sensed something in the Force. It had tasted repugnant, like his tongue and throat had turned to sickly-sweet dust.

"What... the hell is that?" Alicio stood up, covering his mouth.

"Your Excellency," one of Alicio's guards, Lea, barked, running from the transport vessel. As she approached, she whispered in his ear. "From an open channel. They claim there is a Sith presence en route to the camp."

He looked to the woman, then to Inanna, his grey eyes widening in shock, then sharpening with clarity. His hand went to his side, and his eyes traveled over the transport ships Alderaan had brought. He knew there wasn't enough space for everyone.

There would have to be.

"Evacuate the refugees."

Unlike an animal, which would have writhed pinned beneath the Battlemaster's heel, the shadow did not obey the same laws. As the boot came down upon it, the shadow merged with that cast by that very same boot. The image of the outstretched hand passed up and over the fabric of the Jedi's pants, coiling around the leg like a serpent up a tree, as it reached higher and higher towards the Jedi's throat. Thanks to the Force shielding the man's body, it did not immediately succumb to the hungering dark as the others. Shadow fingers coiled in preparation for strangulation, ready to asphyxiate the life from this novitiate of the Light.

It stopped centimeters short when the Jedi's blade was thrust down into the blackness, piercing the shadows with a white-hot blade. The hand rapidly withdrew from the man's body, leeching the color where it had passed over fabric and skin. But rather being destroyed or sent scattering by the Light-blessed blade, the darkness seemed to congregate around where the blade had been thrust. Rather than dissipating like shadows in a dark room freshly illuminated, it seemed as though the light itself was growing dimmer around the blade itself. The shadows did not act in accordance to the properties of electromagnetism, it engorged itself on light as more was introduced to it.

Much like a black hole, swallowing both gravity and light.

But despite the brief impasse, the shadows did quickly recede back into margins like water on flooded banks spilling back into the river. But like as when the shadow withdrew from around the Jedi, so too was the land bled of color; leaving only a dull ache in the Force where it had passed. Following the shadow to its origin brought them to a lone individual standing on the border of the camp, a thick cloak swaddling what looked like bandaged bones and cooked flesh. A harrowing glow illuminated the place where eyes would have been, any discernible features riven by darkness and injury.

"Brave little plaything, putting themselves in the path of my obtenebration. Brave, but incautious." As the specter spoke, one of the vessels hailed to come assist the assailed camp appeared on the horizon sky. The shadow's glowing gaze traced a path from the Jedi in front of Him to the ship in the sky. With a blackened skeletal hand, the lich reached out towards the vessel as though He meant to cradle it in His palm. "Do you not realize that they are all doomed?"

The nearest ship suddenly combusted, a bright bloom of flame and metal that quieted all other sound before crashing down to the earth in thousands of pieces. The Sith withdrew His hand, eyes already meandering to another ship in His sight.

"You should let them all burn."

Kai thought he was hugging Iris, but really he was just leaning on her with his head lolling against her shoulder. The “comfy” embrace ended with her abruptly hauling him to his feet.

Jasper and Amani needn’t have bothered trying to detox him, because Kai went from nearly blackout drunk to stone-cold sober at the mere mention of the name Carnifex. <Okay not good, okay not fine! Why is he here?!>

As if the answer weren’t obvious. Carni was a Sith of the nastiest sort. He was drawn to places of weakness and vulnerability, feeding upon suffering and death. Of course he would target a refugee camp just for kicks.

Amani immediately insisted upon fighting. <Are you stupid? You’re gonna go fight the former Sith Emperor with a broken arm? Amani!>

But Kai himself was already running toward the threat, his lightsaber hilt in his hand, the blade not yet activated. His still-healing broken leg throbbed with every step, but he ignored the pain. If he’d still had his Sithspawn body—

No. No, he wasn’t helpless now. Beneath this mortal flesh, he was the galaxy’s only living Bamarri. His father was lightning, his mother was marble. He sang the body electric.

A white bolt forked through the clouds above his head. The energy of the storm hummed in the atmosphere, ripe for the taking. Kai opened himself to the wilderness, seeking the one called Carnifex, ready to call down its wrath upon him.

When he found him, Kai made a face.

<What's an obtenebration?>

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
As the former Dark Lord of the Sith raised their hands the first time to annhilate the transport, dark power building up within them to casually cause the lives onboard to wink out of existence, they found their will contested.

"No." Came the Jedi's flat response to Carnifex's casual attempt at slaughter. His own hand raised, all that energy, all that power seemingly swatted aside by the sheer force of Intent buffeting from the Jedi. Cancelling and negating Carnifex's power with his own. What would have been a tragic and senseless loss of life was halted, all that potential energy drained away, much like how Carnifex attempted to devour Aaran's own power.

A voracious animal up against one of the most practised users of Tutaminis in the Galaxy. Oroborus would be envious.

After all, one of the pair had not been in the biggest battle of the war recently, one of them was operating at one hundred percent. The other was most certainly not.

"Scrounging for scraps. Not terribly surprising." He mused, head tilting to the side as he could feel others reacting on the edge of his senses, more coming soon. All looking to remove a persistent weed from their garden.

"You lost. And are not welcome here." He said, his eyeless gaze matching the Lich. Bringing his hand down firmly, as the ground around Carnifex cracked, the temperature of the air spiking to incredible heights as all of the power that would have caused that ship to explode was redirected, manifesting as a brilliant column of fire that would explode upwards, looking to consume the undead abomination.

"Leave."

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Iris Arani Iris Arani Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Amani Serys Amani Serys Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Last edited:
two.png

Hey, rest is not a luxury. It’s a necessity for survival. Everyone needs it, even saints like you.” She cleared her throat awkwardly. “And you’re right, it wasn’t easy...

She leaned against the table, looking at him directly. “Say, Alicio… how would you like to, uh, go out… somewhere… with me…?

Right at that moment, Alicio started gagging. Inanna frowned. This wasn’t exactly the reaction she’d been hoping for.

"What... the hell is that?"

They call it ‘asking someone out on a date’ where I come from…” she muttered under her breath.

One of his bodyguards arrived with dire news, and it quickly became apparent that trouble was afoot. Inanna could also sense something was gravely amiss, as if a toxic cloud had descended upon the camp. A group of Jedi had already begun to head toward the source of the darkness, ready to battle it.

She scooped up the refugee boy and turned back to Alicio. “Are you going to join the fight?” she asked. Depending on his answer, she might pass the child on to him for safekeeping while she leaped into the fray on her own, or help him with the evacuation. Inanna wasn't an exceptional warrior, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve that might prove useful.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

What?

She drops that name and not just her two friends but some random stranger comes up talking about going to die? Why was everyone so determined to just die! Two injured Jedi, some kid selling alcohol, others converging to try and take down the dark presence that was here. She reached out, with the Force no less, to stop at least the three around her from running off to their deaths.

"Our priority should be the people here! Who can't defend themselves. It's ou-"

And again color seemed to leach. Not fade. Bleed. Consumed? Her eyes narrowed as she tried to focus on it. She knew this. She'd seen it before, long ago. The first battle she fought in. Something was leaching color from the Force. Carnifex? She closed her eyes the rest of the way and just fell silent. Reached out in the Force to everyone she could. Bringing color back, piece by piece. A battle meld for all the Jedi to tap into.

For everyone to tap into.

<Focus on evacuation. Keep the ships away, leave by speeder.>

Her voice rang out clear as day in the minds of the already panicking group of survivors. And with it, a sense of calm. She could do this. Domxite was here. Domxite was going to help her.

<Take the most wounded first. Those that can be moved. Go!>

Amani Serys Amani Serys | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor + Others

Phylis had been so absorbed with addressing the scans and her own observations that she hadn't noticed another approaching her. Now she looked closer the mountain itself wasn't gone per se, but the top where the Forge's ancient machinery was stored had.
She jumped a little in spite of herself. She chided herself, she should be always ready and senses extended in case of danger.
"Ah, hmm, well...yes. Though it does seem the Forge is, hmm, gone?" she asked curiously.

The other person was a big man, likely a Jedi, and she felt she knew from descriptions and from reports which had filtered to her.
"Caltin, right? I'm Phylis Alince, Jedi Master. I spent a good amount of time here early on in my days as a Knight. Came to see what the battle wrought and it's hmm, gone." She gave him a little bow of respect.

Six-Nine beeped a greeting. "He says hello, and...no, that's an inappropriate thing to ask, Six-Nine," she said crossly. "Don't mind him, he's a troublemaker."
The droid had asked Caltin how much he could lift! Something Caltin might understand.

“I-” Amani looked to the others. A real motley crew that, to be honest, did not exactly inspire confidence. But as much as she wanted to object, Kai’s more direct analysis of her situation wasn’t far from the truth. She was effectively useless in a fight. “Dammit.”

The turmoil in the Force was much clearer now. Not only the Dark, but the Light rising to meet it. Then they weren’t alone. And that was the final push that convinced her to take the more rational route. “You come back alive, or I swear I’ll kill you myself,” She shot a pointed look towards Iris and Kai, radiating all the energy of a stern mother in the process. Then Jasper caught her attention, and earned a less aggressive follow-up, “...I have no idea who you are, but also try not to die.” Good, bases covered.

Amani couldn’t fight, but there were plenty of refugees to evacuate. Who better to manage that process that one of the healers on-site? She headed further in and stopped by the nearest pair of non-injured people she could find, who seemed to be in the middle of something ( Alicio Organa Alicio Organa / Inanna Harth Inanna Harth ), “…Um, hi.” She waved sheepishly, “We need to start getting people out of here.” Given the looks on their faces, they both already seemed to have that same sense. Blue eyes locked onto the transport flotilla further past, then back towards the only man here who seemed well-kept enough to claim any ownership, “Those yours?”

Tython Refugee Camp
Tags: Iris Arani Iris Arani , Arlo Renard Arlo Renard , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo , Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , etc...

Jasper stopped in his tracks, stepping back a little.

"Wow," he began after a brief moment of silence. "I definitely heard that..."

Jasper returned his lightsaber to his pocket. The girl was right. He wouldn't achieve much running off ang getting himself killed. A wave of guilt came over him in that moment. It was likely his own self-loathing, but Jasper couldn't help but feel useless... like always. He took a breath, trying his best to push these emotions back down.

"She's right," the exile agreed finally. "We have to get as many people to safety as we can." He sighed, hanging his head a little. "Sorry about getting your friend drunk," Jasper apologized. "I had a strict limit I was enforcing, but something distracted me. Oh, that reminds me."

Jasper stuck his hand into his pocket again, fumbling about before retrieving a communicator, the direct line of contact back to his ship.

"Pilot, you need to get my ship out of there. Follow the others evacuating the area. No matter what, stay low to the ground. That thing out there can pull ships out of the sky."

The exile returned the communicator to his pocket. That was at least twenty people on their way to a safer location. Now all that was left was the hundreds more refugees across the camp, maybe thousands.

“...I have no idea who you are, but also try not to die.”

"Thanks," Jasper shrugged. "You too? Wow, I really killed the friend-group dynamic you guys have going on here."

Jasper was dealt a short straw, that much was for sure. He was incapable of telepathy, never got the hang of healing, and wasn't even going to try and understand what the previously-drunk-boy's deal was. Still, he had two arms, and he sure as hell was gonna use them.

"Alright. Let's do this."

Be careful what you wish for.
“Everyone falls down. Getting back up is how you learn how to walk.”- Walt Disney

She’s jumpy. That means either she is too wrapped up in whatever she is doing, or is a Jedi more interested in the scholastic nature of the galaxy than the field. There was nothing wrong with that and Vanagor held nothing against her for it. This would just be a footnote for further interactions, he did not want to make her always jumpy around him, the massive Jedi Master did not want that for anyone contrary to popular belief.

Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor, yes, at your service.

Maybe a little dramatic, but no disrespect intended. In fact, he bowed to her as well. Normally he would just clasp one fist into another and do a weird little head nod but no, this was a bow.

The Forge is gone because I am the one who took it. During the battle, the exfiltration, I took it and put it on my ship.

The answer was simple enough, if she wanted to know the details, then all she would have to do is ask, but he was a Jedi as well as her, hopefully that would allow for some level of trust. The droid was a funny one, and had no real sense of boundaries. “He” would have gotten along famously with R2-T3, Caltin’s old astromech from when he was a Knight himself so long ago. Paying mind the mischievous droid he raised an eyebrow.

I do not know my limits yet. I will let you know when I do though.

Allies: Phylis Alince Phylis Alince Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

Anyone that wants to converse!/ TEAM LIGHTSIDE!

FN-999

F

fourE.png

Objective: Adapt
Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo | Amani Serys Amani Serys | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Open to Interaction

X5Yx2PB.png

N I N E S
Cloak

The deserted battlefield was as silent as death itself.

Not a creature stirred, the grass beneath his feet long burnt to ashes. The only noise Nines could hear was that of his own footsteps, the faint crunch-crunch of armored boots crushing charred grass underfoot. Approaching an abandoned trench, he kneeled down and then slid down into the crevasse, taking a look around. Dozens of corpses littered the trench on either side of the legion commander, most unidentifiable. As he got closer, he realized that not all of them were even Imperial. Some of the chunks of flesh and bone were covered in armor of Galactic Alliance or New Jedi design, and still more corpses wore garments that resembled nothing known to Imperial intelligence.

However, one object in particular held Nines' attention.

Atop the head of one corpse was the largely intact, blue-striped helmet of the 501st Legion. As it seemed, even the Empire's finest had taken a great loss. Still, the legion commander held a great deal of respect for the 501st, itself the inspiration for the revitalization of his own 908th Legion. He gently reached down and took the helmet from off the trooper's head, stashing it on one of the seemingly endless hooks of his waist belt.

Once Nines departed Tython, he would take the helmet with him, a both a memento to his fallen comrade and reminder of what his absence had caused. It would then be laid to rest at Bastion, given as honorable a treatment as if the soul of its wearer still resided within it. At the very least, it was a better fate than leaving the helmet to be melted for scrap or stolen by Alliance agents.

He rose back up out of the trench, intending to return to his TIE, when he noticed something about the air.

The smell of smoke had become stronger.

An orange glow in his periphery prompted him to turn around, where a cloud of smoke rose from a lower elevation in the distance. Just a few minutes prior, there had been no such cloud. Evidently, something was happening in that area. His instinct told him to flee, that it wasn't worth throwing himself into what could potentially be a continuation of the Battle of Tython. But his survivor's guilt betrayed him, prompting him into action. At the very least, it could be an opportunity to gain more intel on the Alliance or Maw.

Nines dashed towards his TIE, rapidly scaling the ladder and leaping into the cockpit. With rising adrenaline purging his previous hesitation, he activated the console and sent the fighter rising into the air before soaring in the direction of the smoke cloud. He didn't bother suppressing the volume of the engines, which gave off the signature TIE screech as the fighter approached the sound barrier. Only when the plains transitioned into a valley and the source of the flames became abundantly clear did Nines slow his TIE down and climb.

A refugee camp was sprawled out in the cradle of the valley, a veritable city of tents with the smoke of hundreds of little campfires combining to form the smoke cloud he had seen from the plains. At the sight of transport vessels of unknown origin descending to the camp, Nines dove his TIE sharply, banking when it flew mere meters above the treeline. Then, he cut his speed down to about a hundred kilometers an hour, all to minimize and conceal his presence. Nonetheless, he flew closer, searching for a conveniently hidden landing spot close to the camp.

X5Yx2PB.png

two.png
The nearest ship suddenly combusted, a bright bloom of flame and metal that quieted all other sound before crashing down to the earth in thousands of pieces. The Sith withdrew His hand, eyes already meandering to another ship in His sight.

The legion commander's entire body jolted to attention as one of the transports exploded barely two kilometers away. Immediately, his mental danger switch flipped on. First and foremost, he dialed the TIE escorts currently in the upper atmosphere.

[Lieutenant Foureye, this is Nines. If you don't hear from me in an hour, reinforce me at my coordinates immediately.]

Then, he decided to make his own landing pad. Nines brought the TIE to a hovering halt, pointed it at the treeline below, and opened fire. The trunks gave way in an instant under the sextet of laser cannons, creating a relatively flat clearing about half a kilometer away from the camp.

The next few minutes passed in a blur.

Nines landed the TIE in the clearing, exchanged his pilot helmet for his stormtrooper helmet, secured his weapons, put on his full-body cloak, and rushed out of the vessel, still wearing his stormtrooper armor. The moment the refugee transport had exploded, all his lingering hesitation had evaporated. The blatant slaughter of civilians was a grave transgression by any decent set of morals, and the legion commander would have none of it. For now, he would have to set aside his long-held grudge against the Alliance and all it stood for. As much as he despised its government, as much as he had served over two decades in two empires advocating its destruction, he very begrudgingly admitted that the greater evil was the force working against both of them, a force unafraid to enact mindless slaughter.

The cloaked man burst through the tree line to find an evacuation effort in full swing. With no enemies immediately identifying themselves, Nines instead turned his focus to finding defensible points and covertly assisting the evacuation. He weaved through the panicked crowd with all the ease and precision of a twenty-year veteran of war, not a single refugee suspecting that an Imperial stormtrooper was cloaked among their ranks.

Of course, until a small child ran right into him.

"Are you an iron man under that cloak?" asked the girl, her eyes alight with innocent curiosity. "Your back feels so hard!"

"No, I'm not." replied Nines, slightly annoyed. "Go on now."

With a gentle shove, he pushed the girl aside, deeper into the crowd. She stopped for a moment, turning back to glance at him suspiciously. Then, she ran off, vanishing into the crowd. It seemed to travel in every conceivable direction, and if Nines was not almost two meters tall with a soldier's build, he was sure he would have been swept away too. Instead, he remained anchored in place, searching for their destination. Suddenly, it became clear. To his left, several transports sat queued, not yet stricken by the unknown assailant. A surge of refugees rushed towards the transports, but an equally large surge travelled in the opposite direction, seemingly lost.

At least that cleared up what Nines could do to help.

Inside his helmet was a built-in microphone, which could be enabled, disabled, and adjusted at will. He promptly enabled it and began to speak.

{The transports are to the left. I repeat, the transports are to the left.}

two.png

TYTHON
TEMPORARY REFUGEE CAMP
INTERACTING WITH:
Inanna Harth Inanna Harth - Amani Serys Amani Serys
TAGS: Arlo Renard Arlo Renard - Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el - Iris Arani Iris Arani - Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex - Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo - FN-999

With the taste of burnt ash still scorching his tongue, Alicio gave Inanna the bravest expression he could, setting his shoulders and hardening his heart. "I don't leave until everyone is safe."

He would be the last one to set foot on a transport. If that meant fighting whatever was coming, so be it.

Of course, Alicio's confidence was shaken slightly when an airborne transport was conflagrated and thrown to the ground by an unseen hand. The taste of incense burned stronger in his mind, and he knew for a fact that someone had man-handled the spacecraft like it was nothing.

What kind of strength in the Force does someone have to possess to do that?

"Iris?" Alicio turned his head to the side, as if looking for someone. He'd never felt another's voice in his head before, but he wasn't about to ponder the sensation now, taking solace in the calming wave, and reconstituting his bravery.

Just then, a new face introduced herself to Alicio and Inanna. Alicio carried a fierce look, an expression the Organa could only hope to make when lives were at stake. He gave the Jedi a sharp nod. "They are," Alicio said, turning towards the panicking crowd, and raising his voice.

"Listen! Enter the ships calmly! Wounded, sick, and children first!" He continued to direct the crowd, trying his best to be a commanding presence, with mixed results. He channeled his cousin Faith as best he could, speaking clearly and poised, the very picture of Alderaanian royalty, but controlling a quickly-expanding group of scared refugees was proving difficult. Amid the chaos, he snuck Inanna a wistful look.

They would have time to talk later. If they weren't all destroyed by a Sith, that was.

Last edited:

"All exist to sustain me, even the meek."

The Dark Lord held a simple belief, that those with power were fit to do with it as they pleased. From the earliest age, He understood that power came to those destined to rule. Lesser creatures needed the direction of the powerful to survive, otherwise they would tear themselves apart in barbarism. One need only look at the current state of the galaxy to understand this truth, the empty platitudes of the Jedi offered no succor to those truly suffering from the tyranny of the weak.

But beyond that, it was the power to kill that the Dark Lord truly cherished. The ability to take away the life of another, to completely erase all that they were and hoped to be in a single act. There were no words in Basic that truly encapsulating the feeling that accompanied the rush of euphoria watching another being expiring by your hand. Only the Sith possessed such wisdom. Tosochkashai, to delight in another's suffering. Though all emotion had been drained away from Him, this sensation was still keenly felt.

Carnifex took it even further, He did not just find pleasure in the eradication of life, He found sustenance in obliteration. By studying the ancients through both the written word and by traveling to places where echoes of their power lingered, the Dark Lord could absorb the vitality of other creatures to substantiate His own. He had done so just a few moments ago, using the power of obtenebration to drain the vitality from the camp guards before being so rudely interrupted. It had been a meager meal, He would require much more to satisfy Himself. But that would all come in due time, as His eye fixed upon another of the arriving Alliance ships in the air above.

The power that He would have levied against that transport was channeled away, however, redirected to the ground at His feet. Heat baked the soil beneath Him, the ground cracking as blasts of concentrated fire ruptured in a titanic explosion that completely obfuscated Himself from view. But as the explosion rippled outward, it suddenly started to move in reverse, as though time itself was being manipulated. But this was no spatial distortion, the fire was simply being pulled back towards where the Dark Lord stood. Rather, the fire was being consumed through the Dark Lord's open mouth and disappearing down into His gullet, a rush of air accompanying this motion.

When all the fire had gone, and only the Dark Lord remained, He breathed out two thin wisps of smoke from what remained of His nostrils. The fire that was contained within Him was transformed, losing its bright orange hue and turning dark azure. It wreathed His exposed bone, patches of blue flame peeking through the cloak and bandages He used to cover Himself. Rather than radiating heat like a furnace as one would expect, the fire actually absorbed the heat from around the Dark Lord's body. Water molecules in the air began to crystallize, with any lingering foliage on the ground growing brittle with frost.

But when it looked like the Dark Lord would stretch out His hand and unleash that unnatural conflagration against the Jedi before Him, He hesitated. He had sensed something at that moment, something He had sensed before. His smoldering eyes scanned the camp at the Jedi's back, looking from one structure to the other until He seemed to settle on a distant point. He could see her now, in His mind's eye, that same girl who fled from Him on Empress Teta. Her name came to Him quickly, Iris Arani, one of Valery Noble Valery Noble 's miscreants. She was standing her ground this time, using her power to infect the camp with a sense of calming serenity.

"Do you feel that, Jedi? A little girl is trying to soothe their fears, their anxieties. How long do you think she can manage?" He briefly glanced up at the sky, channeling the power of the Dark Side into Himself as He harnessed every negative emotion He stored away within Him. And not just His own negative emotions, but all the negative emotions that others have projected onto Him over many, many years. All that hatred, that anger, that fear, that was directed at Him by countless individuals. It bubbled up now, like tar through cracked ferrocrete, and was expelled out in an aura around the Dark Lord that rapidly spread out far beyond His immediate surroundings. The sky above the camp grew ever more dark and oppressive, thunder booming loudly as a howling scream tore through the camp with no discernible source.

Not only that, but the darkness that enveloped the camp amplified the occupant's horror, their pain, and their bewilderment. It was strong enough to drive the weakest of them into a manic hysteria, and even the Jedi would not be completely safe from the swelling darkness. Every lingering doubt, every nagging worry, would be magnified tenfold beneath the darkening sky. The Light Side would feel smothered, the Dark Side more emboldened.

"Perhaps she should surrender to the darkness, it is only inevitable."

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
"All exist to sustain me, even the meek."

If he still had functioning eyes, they'd be rolling. What utterly melodramatic drivel, one could only guess that Kaine took most of their inspiration from comic book villains. He honestly wished he had a recorder on his person, if only so he could replay this quote whenever some Sith screeched about how they were the ones being persecuted.

Not that he imagined it would have much effect, but Aaran would have endless fun trying to imagine their facial reactions.

His attention drawn back into the present, he noted with some annoyance that his counter-attack was being tampered with. His irritation was not born out of fear or worry, but simply due to the fact that causality warping and space-time buggery was an utter pain to deal with most of the time.

But it was the display of entropy that he found amusing, the dropping of temperature, the crystallisation of the water in the air, the truly fearsome visage the Sith Lich took before him.

All it drew from him was a slight chuckle. "You do realise you're putting on a show for a blind man right?" He queried, his tone never once wavering, stance not so much as shifting defensively, even as the clawed hand was raised towards him, as tremendous power was gathered, readied and aimed to annihilate him. "Or are you like a Loth-Cat? Puffing yourself up when you're spooked?"

It was becoming more and more apparent that the Jedi in front of him refused to be intimidated, swayed or otherwise coerced. After all,. how could he? Here was the former Dark Lord, former Emperor of a failed state, a man who despite constantly proclaiming himself a deity, failed time and time again to actually show his chops.

The majority of their achievements were built off the backs of others. All the Sith had going for them was an insidious cult of personality, full of sycophants and idiots. No one of actual true strength or conviction, just empty power.

He may be blind, but Aaran saw through to the core of the thing, no longer a man, in front of him. Empty, hollow, vain, demanding that a Galaxy that was swiftly moving past them stop and pay attention, terrified that others would eventually come to the same realisation that Aaran had come to. That he was not something to be feared, to be respected. But just another sociopath that wanted adoration, never realising that such a thing was well within reach if they ever let go of their own vanity.

"Do you feel that, Jedi? A little girl is trying to soothe their fears, their anxieties. How long do you think she can manage?."

"Amazing that a little girl can find the courage to stand against you. Maybe you're not as scary as you think you are." He had to admit, he was impressed by the resolve of the Padawans present, when faced with a foe beyond their power, they stood firm and together. Willing to put others ahead of themselves, not succumbing to their base natures, but rising to a higher ideal.

Their masters would be proud.

It was then the next temper tantrum of the Sith emerged, darkening of the cloud, the rumble of thunder, the general ominous nonsense that again belied just how pathetic the Sith were, needing such pageantry to intimidate others.

Again, one had to ask who were they trying to prove their power to? Themself or their opponents?

""Perhaps she should surrender to the darkness, it is only inevitable.""

“You’re eventually going to die. Why not kill yourself now and save someone the effort?” Aaran posited back, throwing such ridiculous logic back in their face. “I’ll be honest, every time I’ve seen or heard you fight, its always against those weaker than you. In the end you’re nothing more than a bully.”

He raised a hand, reaching up to the sky, the unnatural weather beginning to still as soon as it formed, his own fingers twisting in a slight gesture as he began to simply ask the planet around him for some aid in expelling this parasite.

“So let's see how compelling your arguments look when there’s someone around who will stand up to you.”

And with that, his hand fell with a deafening crack, the storm cloud cleared and the sun broke through the squall, and around Kaine, the earth cracked and cratered, as a tremendous impact came from above, as several thousand tons of harmless gas was drawn down in an instant, dispersing the malicious weather and attempting to bury the dark lord under the weight of the sky itself.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Iris Arani Iris Arani Amani Serys Amani Serys Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Inanna Harth Inanna Harth Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Last edited:
Amidst the chaos and pandemonium, Iris started giving orders. Kai was about to argue with her—she was a Padawan, same as him, so what right did she have to order them around?—but as Kai turned back toward Carnifex, he saw Master Tafo already taking the fight to the Sith. Tafo was probably the most qualified person among them to face the former emperor head-on, and while he certainly could benefit from the battle meld, he didn’t need help from a bunch of kids.

Kai glanced up at the sky, where warring forces raged. He threw his lightning into the volatile mix, strengthening the meld with it and electrifying the atmosphere. Cheap thrills, but if it kept them from going mad, more power to ‘em.

While he was doing that, Amani up and left, heading for another part of the camp. At this point, Kai didn’t have the time or the will to try and stop her.

Jasper apologized for getting Kai drunk. There was something absurd about his statement, given the circumstances, and Kai started to laugh. It didn’t last long, as things were still quite serious, and his attention was soon taken up by the meld.

It was hard to maintain a defense against Carnifex’s assault, even if he did sound like a goofy cartoon villain. The sense of despair his presence inspired had less to do with Carni himself being frightening, and more to do with the genuine threat he posed to the refugees. As corny as his lines were, Kai had no doubt that he would kill and consume every soul here if given the chance. The Jedi could not give him that chance.

two.png

Inanna sprouted an extra pair of arms underneath the ones she already had, continuing to hold the little boy close while leaving two hands free. She could’ve passed him along to someone else, but after witnessing one of the transports be destroyed with ease, she wasn’t sure how safe the kid would be outside of her direct supervision.

There was a sudden voice in her head. Inanna cringed, and was only a little relieved when the voice turned out to be benevolent rather than malevolent. One of the Jedi was urging them to evacuate the refugees, as if they weren’t already crushing themselves trying to escape.

By the time Amani approached them, Inanna’s expression was stricken, her emotions a tangle of rage and despair. She didn’t know what to do. The situation brought searing memories to the surface of her mind. The boy in her arms could’ve been her son Galahad, the image burning up and melting amid the flames of a bombed vessel, fuel catching fire…

The pall of the Dark Side that had spread over the camp was swiftly dispelled thanks to the Jedi’s efforts. Inanna shook her head as if to clear it. Beside her, Alicio was trying to maintain order and calm, but while some people were listening and moving toward the transports, others were headed in the opposite direction. He turned and gave her a meaningful look, and she nodded back. If they survived this nightmare, they’d talk then.

In the meantime, there had to be something she could do to help. Looking around, she found piles of discarded material and junk lying about the camp. With the Force, she built a barrier wall separating the refugees from the fighting going on toward the edge of the camp. It might not be able to stand against the Sith’s power, but it could at least serve to corral the panicking crowds.

two.png

Chaos spread through the camp the virus, and the senseless carnage around them weighed deeply on Amani's heart. Every soul in this camp was someone who had fought to protect her home, or who had lived here the same as her. Could Tython not be afforded even a single day's rest? Had they not already been through enough?

But she kept going, to ensure they would eventually get to see that day. The Maw couldn't destroy her home before, nor would they get to now. Not while Amani had life in her body. "C'mon, you heard the man! If we do this right, we all get out fine!" She put her experience to work, guiding the camp-goers toward their objective and keeping up the veneer of a stalwart presence. Panicked refugees were a common issue in her line of work; It just never usually hit this close to home.

Amani's focus was split when she reached out to grab a young girl, and pull her out of the crowd that threatened to overwhelm her. It was enough for the healer to outstretch her hand, and with the extra aid of Iris' battle mediation, she sought to calm the minds of the nearest evacuees. Like a soothing blanket, the Force washed over and tempered their most heated instincts. It didn't make things easy, but it did make things easier. With Inanna's corral keeping the battle out of sight and out of mind, their combined efforts were making an impression. Amani passed off the little girl to one of the other aides to escort her to the transports. She turned and offered Alicio an appreciative nod in turn; Seeing the fancy-looking guy actually do his part to help was a very pleasant change of pace. They just might make it out of this nightmare after all.

three.png

Objective: Talk with Master Valery
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren
div-goldiguess.png
"I could use a good talk considering only a few days ago I had an interesting war of words with a masked Sith..." he said with a sigh, a smile of his own returning to Valery. It was always a pleasure speaking to her, she seemed to understand you as no other Jedi could. Silas blinked a few times when she mentioned the brute known as Kyrel Ren. He had heard about his monstrosities to the Jedi and how truly brutal he was, the fact that Master Noble and Master Kahlil had bested him was an impressive feat.

"It doesn't surprise me, your history with him is probably far longer than my time as a Jedi" Silas stated, before frowning himself from how close they were to finally vanquishing him from the galaxy. Kyrel may have become more powerful, but his madness and lust for death were going to be his undoing.

"Master Valery, I doubt we'll ever be able to finish him. All we need to do is let him tear himself apart through time. We Jedi just need to be patient" One way or another Kyrel was going to slip up or bite something more than he could chew. When that finally happened, all they needed to do was be ready to take advantage. To Silas, that could be any means necessary.

The padawan nodded to Valery saying that should only look ahead. After all, they couldn't dwell too much on the past. Silas began to walk again through the scattered ruins of buildings around them, his eyes curiously looking at each one and the story they told. He looked up to Valery and nodded slowly to the inquiry, momentarily silent to think about what she said "Partially Master, I can feel them approaching and somewhat prepare myself when they're close. But compared to most, I'm still trying to get to grips with the feeling itself. I feel it would most certainly benefit me if I tuned into it more"

"I presume it has saved your life more times than you can count, kind of like a guardian angel of sorts"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom