Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shattered Republic (aka, looking for opposition)

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
So the Republic got a bit clipped off the top in the last invasion, and being the expansionist imperialist types the OS are, we're looking at moving in and taking that territory.

Building off that though, I tend to agree that from an IC perspective the cloudbreak rules are a bit sudden, and it's pretty realistic to assume that some semblance of Republic authority exists in the region, though diminished (and likely gradually retreating). This, combined with the fact that there have been several threads over the past month or so talking about a larger-scale campaign and whatnot as far as Republic vs. OS go (not to mention the minor faction I think that was formed covering most of the area) leads me to reach out to Republic and former Republic folks with the following proposal.

Now, I've wanted to do a more realistic-ish expansion campaign for a while now, but haven't really had the time or gumption. Well here's the attempt. Basically the idea is that the Sith expand into the now vacant region, confronting a variety of forces in a variety of ways. Because there's no risk of failure or lack of reward involved (dominions can't fail, after all) I think it would make an ideal opportunity for drama-free interactions between otherwise opposed writers and characters.

It would start as a military campaign, probably directed at either Alderaan or Carida. The usual fleet appears in orbit gig, but with more of a focus on the nuance of force a planetary invasion. Or maybe not, maybe for Alderaan it would be a political affair with lots of Sith saber-rattling. Whatever, either way the point is to work with people who would be opposition and craft an interesting interconnected story about a large-scale military and political campaign for what would otherwise be just another string of unconnected dominions.

So, anyone interested?

sabrina

I will help as ether Elaine or as Sabine if naval
However Mandaloriams are in the middle of taking Alderaan
[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

sabrina

Not my choice [member="Cyrus Tregessar"].
I am also sure [member="Suravi Teigra"] would be interested in this

Also [member="Lady Kay"] might be able to help

Though one question, would you be open to this ending in a full rebellion?

Well actually seeing about the Rebellion rule change to dominions from already existing worlds and you pointing out the new minor faction representing those "Free Systems" there is actually the chance for the Sith to fail if they were thinking to accept it. That was actually why that minor factioned formed at all I believe, should the Sith dominion its member worlds the Free Systems Coalition would arrive to rebel and prevent the Sith from taking over the planet.

Like when the Sith Assassins tried to prevent the Republic from getting Denon (ironically not actually doing much once they started the rebellion where the Vong did the fighting in the end in their place)

Still the idea of Republic and Sith fighting over those neutral worlds sounds great. Before Togoria me and Erebos had talked about how it'd be cool to see fights over the neutral planets. Just getting the factions into this sounds great, so count Dallen in.

"I suppose if any Sith Fleets happen to appear in Republic space as personnel are transferred to safe territory the 102nd might be present to ensure a safe evacuation."

Also because you mentioned Alderaan earlier the Mandalorions beat people to it.

Suravi and Caius Flavian could say which worlds are part of the Free Systems Coalition if you want to target those for the battles.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
[member="Cyrus Tregessar"] [member="Wrrlykam"] [member="sabrina"] [member="Kylath Connar Amadis"] [member="Aela Talith"]

Howdy!

IC dude of Carida here!

Cyrus Tregessar said:
So the Republic got a bit clipped off the top in the last invasion, and being the expansionist imperialist types the OS are, we're looking at moving in and taking that territory.

Building off that though, I tend to agree that from an IC perspective the cloudbreak rules are a bit sudden, and it's pretty realistic to assume that some semblance of Republic authority exists in the region, though diminished (and likely gradually retreating). This, combined with the fact that there have been several threads over the past month or so talking about a larger-scale campaign and whatnot as far as Republic vs. OS go (not to mention the minor faction I think that was formed covering most of the area) leads me to reach out to Republic and former Republic folks with the following proposal.

Now, I've wanted to do a more realistic-ish expansion campaign for a while now, but haven't really had the time or gumption. Well here's the attempt. Basically the idea is that the Sith expand into the now vacant region, confronting a variety of forces in a variety of ways. Because there's no risk of failure or lack of reward involved (dominions can't fail, after all) I think it would make an ideal opportunity for drama-free interactions between otherwise opposed writers and characters.

It would start as a military campaign, probably directed at either Alderaan or Carida. The usual fleet appears in orbit gig, but with more of a focus on the nuance of force a planetary invasion. Or maybe not, maybe for Alderaan it would be a political affair with lots of Sith saber-rattling. Whatever, either way the point is to work with people who would be opposition and craft an interesting interconnected story about a large-scale military and political campaign for what would otherwise be just another string of unconnected dominions.

So, anyone interested?

I would certainly be interested Mr. Tregessar!

However I would like to point out now as [member="Dallen Thayne"] has already stated we have the new rebellion rules for dominions so doms can fail. Ya can't dom dom and nom nom without your food fighting back ya willy sith types...

Theoretically you can simply do a series of Tier 1 dominions but that would probably cause the OOC drama we are all looking to avoid!

I am actually fairly stoked for the idea of a realistic military campaign of possibly annexation!

The following list are characters (and their respective writers) who have so far shown interest in aiding the Republic worlds now cut off.
So I am certain stories can be crafted between all of us!

[member="Suravi Teigra"] Senator (Ambassador) of Kiribi
[member="Alkor Centaris"] FU Warrior of the Brotherhood
[member="Nikias"] FU Warrior of the Brotherhood
[member="Aedan Miles"] Spokesperson FU Warrior of the Brotherhood
[member="Romeo Sin"] FU Warrior of the Brotherhood
[member="Nick Imura"] FU Warrior of the Brotherhood
[member="Lady Kay"] Diplomat extraordinaire
[member="Ayumi Pallopides"] Senator of Denon but fighting the good fight!
[member="Alexander Sannes"] Senator (Ambassador) of Eshan
[member="Alena Reckar"] Lord Commander of the CSAF
[member="Gaisa Theron"] Senator of Garqi

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner

Sounds like fun and an obvious move to make which is probably why so many are wanting to participate. As [member="Dallen Thayne"] has said, we were already preparing for such an event and the new rules allow to have a no-lose situation, which allows people to enjoy themselves more.

I'm currently enroute to home right now. I'll be able to post on a more regular basis starting later this evening. Still on holidays until June 10, but it's holidays at home. Yay :)

[member="Caius Flavian"], Not sure where you grabbed my name from buddy, but if I am allying myself with any Jedi, its with the GA not the GR. I do know I was in a thread with the republic recently, and that was to back up my comrades, but as far as I am aware, that thread died. And/or I am no longer participating in.

The Brotherhood has some alliances with many of the other factions. Mine are leaning more towards Sith-like factions, and the GA because they rule over Kro Var, which I happen to be one of the two leaders of. Otherwise, I work for the Brotherhood, and thats it. So, please remove my name from the list.

Caius Flavian said:
Aedan Miles Leader of the Brotherhood
ANd FYI, there is no leader of the Brotherhood. its a collection of Dark Jedi. No kind of leadership.

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Nick Imura said:
[member="Caius Flavian"], Not sure where you grabbed my name from buddy, but if I am allying myself with any Jedi, its with the GA not the GR. I do know I was in a thread with the republic recently, and that was to back up my comrades, but as far as I am aware, that thread died. And/or I am no longer participating in.

The Brotherhood has some alliances with many of the other factions. Mine are leaning more towards Sith-like factions, and the GA because they rule over Kro Var, which I happen to be one of the two leaders of. Otherwise, I work for the Brotherhood, and thats it. So, please remove my name from the list.

ANd FYI, there is no leader of the Brotherhood. its a collection of Dark Jedi. No kind of leadership.

Alright, well pardon my presumptions!

Anyways I'm certain that thread is still going... Just waiting on posts.
No one had informed me that it was done and over with.
I figured this was right up the alley for the Brotherhood to be fighting sith types and since that is the topic of discussion in that thread In Character then why not? This just provides an opportunity.

Actually that is where I grabbed your name from is that very thread spoke of that we are both in there isn't much of a posting order in it so I guess its stalled cause no one knows when to post next.

How about spokesperson instead of leader?

One day I'll figure out whats going with this rift between GA Jedi and GR Jedi writers OOC and IC... One day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom