Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadows Unleashed: Embracing the Past

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: Outfit, Lightsaber | Location: XoXaan's Temple, Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban
Tag: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

It had been an eternity since Ira had set foot on the hallowed ground of Korriban, a world steeped in the dark legacy of the Sith. Renowned as one of the Holy Worlds for the Sith, Korriban stood as a testament to the passions and power of the dark side. Its harsh, desolate landscape bore the scars of ancient conflicts, yet it teemed with an eerie vitality—a living testament to the enduring influence of the Sith. As her shuttle descended towards the outskirts of the Valley of the Dark Lords, Ira gazed out at the treacherous terrain below. The jagged rock formations and swirling dust storms served as a foreboding welcome to those who dared to tread upon this sacred soil. Here, amidst the remnants of Sith tombs and temples, acolytes and cultists embarked on pilgrimages to pay homage to the Sith Lords of old, seeking to walk in their footsteps and prove themselves worthy of their dark legacy.

Stepping off the shuttle, Ira exuded an aura of quiet authority, clad in black and red armor that marked her as a figure of reverence among the Sith. Her cloak billowed behind her, a crimson banner of her allegiance to the dark side. Her features, once marked by the grace and beauty of her Dathomiri heritage, now bore the unmistakable signs of her devotion to the dark side—a subtle shift in her gaze, a faint glimmer of crimson in her eyes. With purposeful strides, she made her way towards the entrance of the Valley, her path unhindered by the throngs of acolytes and practitioners who trained in its shadow.

But this pilgrimage was no mere act of devotion—it was a journey of reckoning. For Ira had come to Korriban not as a supplicant, but as a seeker of truth. She sought an audience with one who had once been her adversary, a Sith Lord whose actions had tested the limits of her resolve and challenged her allegiance to the dark side. As she ascended the stone steps leading to XoXaan's Temple, Ira's thoughts drifted to the past—a time when she had walked a different path, as Aaralyn Rekali, Jedi Master and defender of the light. In those days, she had crossed blades with the dark forces that now held sway over Korriban, driven by a sense of duty and honor.

But times had changed, and so had she. Transformed by the dark embrace of the Goddess Vahl, Ira had become something more—a harbinger of vengeance, a sword wielded in service to the dark side. And now, as she stood on the threshold of the temple, she knew that her meeting with the Sith Lord Carnifex would mark a turning point in her journey—a convergence of destinies set in motion by the will of the Force. Her arrival would no doubt pique the curiosity of the Sith Lord, but Ira was undeterred. For she knew that beneath his formidable exterior lay a mind steeped in the mysteries of the Force—a mind that had foreseen her coming, and perhaps even welcomed it.

As she crossed the threshold into the temple's main antechamber, Ira felt a sense of purpose coursing through her veins. The time had come to confront the shadows of the past, and to forge a new path amidst the darkness that lay ahead.

CS3FUG8.png

He stood in quiet contemplation, the aching groans of the temple His only companion. His eyes scanned the cyclopean walls, drinking in the weathered pictographs that displayed a history all but unknown save for the most studious scholars of antiquity. At times, He counted Himself among their numbers, having taken a great fascination in the ancient annuls of the Sith who once inhabited this world in great numbers. This is all that remained of them.

Reaching out, His black glove traced one of the glyphs. It was so weathered it's grooves were practically level with the stone wall itself, barely visible. But He saw it there, amidst the dust and sand. When He pulled His hand back, the tip of His finger was coated with Korribani dust. He rubbed the dust between His index finger and His thumb, before letting it fall away to the floor below.

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair."

The sound of even-paced footsteps drew His mind away from His musings, head half-turning to watch as the black and red clad Sith Lady approached. The light was at her back, casting her shadow deep into the temple. His own shadow seemed to meet it, though at complete odds as to the source of the light; which was directly facing Him. Nonetheless, as she neared she would find that the two of them were truly alone, the Dark Lord having dismissed His guard before she'd even arrived.

None else needed to bear witness.

"Welcome to Korriban, dear Lady. I do hope your journey was without difficulty. The Lightborn make travel between the stars particularly perilous through the untamed wilds of the Tingel Arm, they prey upon any that fall in their sight. Though, we keep our blades sharp upon their bones." He still hadn't fully faced her yet, keeping His body at an angle so that she only saw His shoulder and back. A thick, heavy cloak was draped over His broad shoulders, concealing His body beneath it. Only His head was exposed, a full mane of jet black hair cascading down before terminating in an intricately woven braid at the center of His back. His eyes, blazing like coals in the dim light, tracked her movements.

"How should I address you?"

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: Outfit, Lightsaber | Location: XaXaan's Temple, Korriban | Tag: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

As she stepped into the temple's ancient halls, the whispers of Lord Carnifex's contemplations enveloped her, mingling with the musty scent of age-old stone. The air seemed to hum with the echoes of his thoughts, adding an eerie layer to the ambiance. The temple, once a bastion of Sith dominion, now stood as a silent testament to the passage of eons, its secrets shrouded in the shadows of its corridors. The energies of the dark side reverberated through the Force, encasing her in an overwhelming sense of emotion.

Despite the conspicuous absence of guards and acolytes, Ira pressed forward, her resolve unshaken. Fear found no purchase in her heart, for she was no ordinary visitor. She was a figure of power and purpose in her own right, an extension of the will of the Goddess Vah. Carnifex's magnetic presence demanded respect, yet she remained wary, keenly attuned to the subtleties of his nature.

"Welcome to Korriban, dear Lady. I do hope your journey was without difficulty. The Lightborn make travel between the stars particularly perilous through the untamed wilds of the Tingel Arm, they prey upon any that fall in their sight. Though, we keep our blades sharp upon their bones." Carnifex's voice resonated through the chamber, smooth and commanding.

Ira approached with caution, maintaining a safe distance between herself and the man. Her eyes wandered over the elaborate carvings that adorned the walls. The runes appeared to pulse with dormant energy, their ancient symbols hinting at lost knowledge and unfathomable fates. With a sense of reverence, she ran her fingers along the worn surface, sensing the weight of centuries beneath her touch.

"My travels were without incident," she replied, her voice carrying a faint, otherworldly timbre. "You may address me as you see fit, though I go by Ira." She shifted her gaze back to him, and she couldn't help but admire his attractive appearance; however, as with all things in the Sith culture, looks could be deceiving. There was darkness beneath those features, a darkness she could appreciate. "Lady Ira, a devoted followed and vessel for the will of the Goddess Vahl." She turned back to the ancient runes and continued to trace the lines with delicacy.

CS3FUG8.png

"Lady Ira."

He tasted her name, letting it's syllables roll over His tongue. From His recollection, He'd never met nor heard of a Sith by that name. It wasn't impossible that He merely could've overlooked her existence, there were thousands of Sith running amok in the galaxy, and not every one was under the purview of the Sith Order; let alone the Kainate.

Still, she referred to herself as a devotee and vessel of the Goddess Vahl, the dark mistress of the Ember of Vahl. The Ember was currently bound to the Kainate, ruled by the Vahla Priestesses who in turn served Him. His wife, Emma Culein, was one of these priestesses. The Sith Lady, Darth Isolda, was His Chief Oracle and Purveyor of Visions, she too hailed from the Ember of Vahl. He had not seen her face among the congregation, though there was something in the back of His mind that professed recognition. He had seen her face before, but where?

His mind could not answer Him, and that was truly puzzling. His memory was quite sharp, and He could recall minute details even if they had occurred sixty years prior. So why was this feeling burrowing through His mind? Even her name brought about some sort of familiarity, but again He could not place it. She was a mystery, and that did not set well with the Dark Lord. There were to be no mysteries after the Wellspring, but here one was, staring at Him in the face.

He narrowed His eyes.

"Tell me, Lady Ira. From where do you hail? I have traveled far across the galaxy, seen many faces, known many names. But yours is an enigma."

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: Outfit, Lightsaber | Location: XoXaan's Temple, Korriban | Tag: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

As his deep, commanding voice called out her name, she turned her head and gazed upon him with a mix of curiosity and caution before returning her attention to the ancient runes etched into the stone wall. In that moment, her eyes flickered a brilliant shade of amethyst as her fractured soul fought to break free. A subtle disturbance in the Force caused her to pause, sensing his presence and trying to decipher his intentions. She allowed herself a fleeting moment of intrigue before lowering her hand from the wall and turning to fully face him. Her posture was poised and guarded, uncertain of how he would react. The last time she had come face to face with Carnifex was over fifty years ago, in a different life entirely. Even now, he appeared different to her, but such was the nature of the Sith - always shrouded in illusions and deceit. Looks may change, but the true monster behind the mask remained constant.

"Tell me, Lady Ira. From where do you hail? I have traveled far across the galaxy, seen many faces, known many names. But yours is an enigma." He said.

She relished in the notion for another moment, allowing it to sink into her mind before she spoke. Her voice was unwavering, reverberating with an eerie echo that seemed to fill the room.

"Allow me to share a story with you...and I'll make it brief," she began, turning away from him. Her hands remained clasped before her, fingers intertwined as her eyes fixated on the intricate runes and carvings that covered the walls. Each one told a different tale, one of power and darkness and sacrifice.

"There was once a Jedi Master," she continued, her words laced with both admiration and disdain. "She fervently fought against the Sith Lords who dedicated themselves to the One Sith. She was driven by aspirations of greatness, guided by a foolish legacy." A sad smile tugged at her lips as she glanced over her shoulder at him before returning her gaze to the wall above.

"This legacy," she gestured towards the ceiling, "branded her as a bright, burning star - meant to bring light to the darkness and vanquish it." Memories flooded her mind, and she couldn't help but divert her gaze downwards for a moment.

"But this foolish Jedi..." she trailed off, shaking her head softly. "She believed that the Light would always save her during battle - even on Empress Teta." Turning to face Carnifex once more, she could see his curiosity and wariness etched upon his features.

"The Jedi was outmatched," she continued, "but she fought valiantly nonetheless. She took on six Sith Lords at once, hoping that the Light would continue to guide her prowess...but the darkness was too powerful." She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth disapprovingly.

"Tsk, tsk," she scolded. "The Jedi was brought to the brink of death by these Sith Lords - but instead of killing her and allowing her to find peace with the Force, they took her." Her hands unclasped as she gestured dramatically.

"They brought her before the Embers of Vahl," she explained, "who performed dark rituals upon her body and soul, pushing her further towards the edge of death." A hint of a chuckle escaped her lips.

"But this Jedi..." she raised her index finger, tapping it against the air for emphasis. "She called out to the Goddess, pleading for her to take away the pain, to save her." The finger lingered in the air for a moment before dropping back down to meet its counterpart.

"And the Goddess answered her call," she continued, a smirk curling upon her lips. "She shattered the Jedi's essence into countless pieces, scattering them across the cosmos. And in her place, she took over her body as an extension of her will." The satisfaction was evident in her voice as she spoke of the Goddess's power.

"The once former Sword of the Jedi," she concluded, "now turned to darkness and emerged from that abyss as the Sword of the Goddess..." Her words hung heavily in the air, lingering like a dark cloud.

A dark chuckle escaped her lips. "I am that Sword," she declared with a hint of malice in her tone. Her words hung in the air like a warning, daring him to challenge her. But she hadn't quite answered him yet, holding back the full truth. "I was that Jedi, I was that foolish girl who believed she could conquer all that was dark..." She closed her eyes briefly, trying to push away the memories and reflections of her past. The weight of it all still bore down upon her shoulders, threatening to overwhelm her once again. "I had a name once, before I became the extension of her will, her sword, her executor." Opening her eyes, she gazed upon the form of Carnifex with a mix of determination and resignation.
"It was Aaralyn Rekali..."

CS3FUG8.png

He listened in silence, watching the Sith Lady with a discerning gaze. Portions of this story were familiar to Him, the Dark Lord had overseen the breaking of many Jedi in the course of His long tenure among the Sith. But there was something different about this story, it was familiar in a way that was still strangely foreign. He remembered parts of it, but other parts had been smudged; as though erased and forgotten, like the Jedi's existence had been snuffed out entirely.

When she declared herself the Sword of the Goddess, Carnifex's eyes narrowed. The implicit warning was there, and His hand instinctively twitched; eager to draw His sword. But He held back, held His instincts in check, and waited. It was then that she made herself truly known, and all the haze clouding His memory was lifted in an instance. He remembered now, He watched her get broken by the Ember, watched as her soul shattered into pieces. It wasn't long after that the very memory of her existence began to fade from His mind, and it had been so many years since that day that all thoughts of her had nearly vanished.

But here she was again.

Aaralyn Rekali, in the flesh.

Darth Ira in reality.

"So, it is you. The gnawing recollection has been sated." He slowly began to walk in a half circle around Ira, watching her like a stalking predator. "The Rekali are a long distant name in this age, they've not made themselves known in galactic affairs for some time. Why have you come to me now, on this very day? What is it that you seek, Ira?"

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: Outfit, Lightsaber | Location: XaXaan's Temple, Korriban | Tag: Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Ira remained composed, her gaze fixed on Carnifex as he circled her like a predator assessing its prey. The memories flooded back to her as he spoke, the echoes of her former self resonating in her mind.

"The past is irrelevant." she replied, her voice carrying an undercurrent of steel. "I am not Aaralyn Rekali anymore. I am Darth Ira, the harbinger of the Goddess's will."

She met his probing gaze with unwavering determination, refusing to be intimidated by his presence.

"As for why I am here..." she continued, her tone measured, "It is not to dwell on ancient history. I seek power, Carnifex. Power to reshape the galaxy according to the will of the Goddess Vahl."

Her words hung in the air, heavy with purpose and intent. She had come seeking an alliance, knowing that together they could achieve far more than they ever could alone. But she also knew that Carnifex was not one to be easily swayed.

"I seek the means to reshape the galaxy." she continued, her words laced with fervor. "To tear down the pillars of the Jedi Order, to crush the light that blinds us." Ira paused, her intensity piercing the air between them. "I require more than mere alliance." Ira declared, her voice edged with urgency.
"I seek knowledge, the secrets that will unravel the fabric of reality itself. Tell me, Carnifex, how can I obtain the power to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies?"

CS3FUG8.png

"You would not be the first seeking to reshape the galaxy, Ira, nor will you be the last. I spent much of my years searching for this very same power, that not unlike those of the Celestials themselves." He reached out with His right hand, palm faced up. A small fire blossomed into existence at the center of His palm, bright azure in color; but exuding no heat. The Dark Side radiated out from it, alongside a terrible hunger; an entropic compulsion to consume. If He let it fall, it would eat the stone beneath His feet.

"I traversed many realms of the Force. The Netherworld, Mortis, Beyond Shadows, and even the Wellspring of Life itself. I have sat upon the throne of balance, and I have wandered the halls of the Father's monastery. Yet, power such as that has eluded me. I've tasted the Wellspring's power, allowed it to take root within." The azure flame bled into a brilliant violet, the Dark Side taking on a new, foreign sensation; something wholly unfathomable and ancient. He beheld the heliotropic flame for a but a moment longer before He snuffed it out by closing His hand into a fist.

"The knowledge you seek is partly mine to know, the rest remains undiscovered. To destroy is simple, but to create is a process reserved for gods. The Dark Side cannot create, it can only twist and distort what is already there. It is unnatural, it is imbalance. This galaxy is rife with imbalance, for the scales have been tipped by my mere presence upon the throne of balance. The Jedi falter even now as they remain cloistered within their Core Worlds, the Outer Rim left to deviants like us."

He looked to her now, directly into her eyes.

"You seek more than alliance? Then what is it you offer, Lady Ira? What can the Sword of the Goddess give that others cannot?"

IRAHEADER.png

Ira's eyes narrowed slightly as she absorbed his words, a subtle shift in her demeanor indicating a deeper level of consideration. The allure of power was undeniable, and she could sense the weight of his ambitions resonating with her own desires. With a graceful motion, she stepped closer to him, her movements fluid and deliberate.

"My allegiance is yours to command, Lord Carnifex," she murmured, her voice low and tinged with a hint of reverence. "In exchange for the knowledge you possess, I offer you my unwavering loyalty and unwavering dedication to our shared cause."

Her words hung in the air, a solemn vow of commitment to their shared pursuit of power. In that moment, Ira knew that their alliance would be formidable, a force to be reckoned with in the ever-shifting tides of the galaxy.

"With your guidance and my determination, we shall unlock the true potential of the Force and reshape the galaxy," she declared, her voice resonating with quiet determination. "Together, we shall become unstoppable." As she spoke, a sense of anticipation coursed through her veins, fueling her resolve and igniting a spark of excitement for the boundless possibilities that lay ahead. With Lord Carnifex at her side, there was no limit to what they could achieve together.

Last edited:

CS3FUG8.png

Her words rang out through the solemn tomb, the last echoes fading away as silence rushed in to fill the void. The Dark Lord of the Kainate regarded Darth Ira curiously, His burning eyes glowing bright in the gloom. He could not read her mind nor gleam her intentions, that skill was all but impossible for Him; an Epicanthix whose mind was closed to the Force. But the conviction with which she spoke revealed many things, and her sincerity was evident.

They would stand together.

"Then let the bargain be struck." He slowly removed the glove from His right hand, revealing scarred flesh and the faint hint of curling tattoo along His wrist and forearm. A dagger was sheathed at His side, He removed it with His left hand and held the edge of the blade against His outstretched palm. The blade cut into the skin, black blood welling up from the wound as flesh was parted. He then flipped the dagger and caught the tip of the blade between two fingers, the hilt offered to Ira.

"A blood pact, made in the shadow of the fore-bearers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom