Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Shadows Unleashed: Dathomir

Darth Ira

D
In the tranquil embrace of the mountainous valley, a serene calm settled over the landscape, shrouding it in an aura of quietude and peace. The fields of verdant green grass swayed gracefully with each gentle breeze, their whispered rustle adding a soothing melody to the air. Amidst this idyllic scene loomed the towering presence of the Warlock Gate, a monumental structure that stood as a testament to the ancient power wielded by the Witches of Dathomir, particularly Clan Rekali. For centuries, the gate had served as a conduit between the realms of the living and the dead, a portal to the mysterious Netherworld beyond. Despite the passage of time and the tumultuous history of Dathomir, the gate had remained steadfast, enduring the ravages of wars and the relentless assaults of would-be conquerors. It had weathered the rise and fall of empires, surviving even the dominion of the Sith Empire and the dark machinations of the enigmatic Dark Lord, Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex .

Yet, in the aftermath of galactic upheaval and the collapse of mighty regimes, the Warlock Gate had fallen silent, its once-potent energies dormant and undisturbed. But as the serene tranquility of the valley enveloped it, a subtle shift began to stir in the air, heralding an impending change. With a sudden chill, the winds ceased their gentle caress, the once-lively blades of grass now withered and lifeless. An unseen force swept through the valley, its presence ominous and foreboding. Cloaked in darkness, a figure emerged from the shadows, advancing calmly towards the imposing structure of the Warlock Gate. Swathed in a cloak of ebony, hands concealed within leather gloves, the figure exuded an aura of power and command.

With a gesture steeped in ancient mysticism, the figure uttered words of power in the arcane tongue of the Witches, commanding the gate to open and reveal the secrets of the Netherworld beyond. A rumble reverberated through the earth as stone grated against metal, and with a thunderous roar, the gate shimmered to life, its ethereal glow illuminating the valley with an otherworldly radiance.

As the tumultuous energies of the gate subsided, a hush fell over the valley, broken only by the steady breath of the cloaked figure who stood before it, a silent sentinel in the gathering darkness. Beneath the shroud of their hood, eyes gleamed with an intensity that spoke of unfathomable purpose. A call echoed through the Force, a beckoning that transcended the boundaries of mortal comprehension. With effortless grace, the figure reached out through the tendrils of the Force, reaching into the depths of the Netherworld to summon forth a spirit from its shadowy depths.

From the glimmering portal emerged the ethereal form of a Jedi Master, her presence a flickering echo of her former self. There was no need for words as the figure extended a hand wreathed in dark energy, ensnaring the spirit in an inky embrace. Tendrils of darkness coiled around the spirit, their insidious grip draining her essence until she faded into nothingness, a silent scream lost in the void. With a cruel smile of satisfaction, the figure released the spirit's essence, allowing it to dissipate into the ether. But this was only the beginning of their dark machinations.

With a voice that whispered on the edge of perception, the figure called out to another soul trapped within the Netherworld, a man whose defiance of the Force's will had drawn their attention. He would serve their purpose, a pawn in a game of cosmic proportions.

"Come to me, my love." The voice murmured, a siren's song that promised both power and peril. And as the echoes of their whispered command faded into the night, the figure stood poised at the precipice of destiny, their dark ambitions unfurling like the wings of a ravenous predator ready to consume all in its path.

The galaxy shifted, worlds burned... changed and people rose and fell but Dathomir could always be counted on to be the same... mostly. Sometimes it shifted with whomever was trying to control it. Faction of witches and nightsisters roving around or mandalorians laying claim... once or twice sith surely.... and her clan mostly stayed there. Petra had seen to protect them and she was resting in her chambers... high in the mountainbs. Her children spread out across a small valley as they rode rancors and as the seer moved with her staff they were checking on the caves. The system going deep into the planet with spiders of sizes larger and larger the deeper down you went. She could feel something come to the world.. someone and perked her head up. The sash over her eyes while she stood tall. "Secure the mountain passes, we'll send out scouts bbut do not engage unless we are aattacked first understood." She said it and could feel the nods as they went off moving swiftly.

Lorkha Majuren

Nature nurture heaven and home
"Come to me, my love." The voice murmured, a siren's song that promised both power and peril. And as the echoes of their whispered command faded into the night, the figure stood poised at the precipice of destiny, their dark ambitions unfurling like the wings of a ravenous predator ready to consume all in its path.

"You know," said a blue-gray Klatooinian whittling nearby, "and not to interrupt..."

He squinted at the little bird he was carving from a stick. It wasn't going well.

"I keep trying to make this look good, and I figure it needs just a little more to be perfect, so I push it a little more and break something. So I need to whittle down the bird a little farther. It'll be a tiny, tiny bird."

An awful lot of wood chips decorated the ground near the base of the Warlock's Gate.

"Sorry, I'm being oblique," he said to Darth Ira, and laid down the stick and tucked his folding knife away. "Extremes get counterproductive, you follow? All respect to what you're trying to do, and Force knows you're not the first, but all this effort, wrestling spirits, grabbing hold...good way to break something."

There looked to be rancors away down the valley ( Lavania Lavania ). He eyed them worriedly but kept his focus on the human.

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: XOXO, Lightsaber | Location: Warlock Gate, Dathomir | Tag: Lorkha Majuren Lorkha Majuren

Ira's initial surprise gave way to a simmering annoyance as the Klatooinian's words penetrated her focused mind. Interrupted mid-task, she regarded him with a mixture of confusion and irritation, her crimson eyes narrowing slightly as she assessed the situation. "You speak as if I am here for trivial matters," she began, her voice cool but tinged with impatience. "But I assure you, my intentions are far more significant than the whims of a mere whittler."

With a subtle gesture, she indicated the ancient structure of the Warlock Gate behind her, its imposing presence a stark contrast to the Klatooinian's casual demeanor. "The power of the Warlock Gate is not my primary concern," she continued, her tone gaining a steely edge. "It is the soul that defies the will of the Force and remains within its confines. That soul is a piece to my plans, and I will not be deterred."

As she spoke, a dark aura seemed to radiate from her, the air around her crackling with suppressed energy. "Now, step aside, continue your whittling - I have no time for games." she declared, her gaze unwavering. With a final, dismissive glance at the Klatooinian, she turned her attention back to the task at hand, her mind already plotting the next step in her intricate schemes.

Lorkha Majuren

"Well, there's games," Lorkha said affably, backing away from the gate and Darth Ira alike, "and then there's metaphor. Like I said, I'm not questioning the stakes. But it reminds me of this bad refugee run off Yavin. The motivator wouldn't line up, and there we were torquing it with a hydrospanner. And we needed it, and we rushed it, and wouldn't you know the coupling broke. The Sith started shooting and we, you know, we lost five out of the aft compartment before we could get that spare coupling in place and make the jump. Know what the kicker is? The first coupling was warped the whole time. Just wouldn't stand up to the torque."

Hard times, and very recently in the rearview. Ira would sense fresh pain and fatigue. He was whittling to get past it.

"But you know your business, don't mind me."

Darth Ira Lorkha Majuren Lorkha Majuren

She was listening and she could feel it.. someone was here as she looked through the force and saw another was there. Her sisters were moving around her as one came and spoke. "There are nearly near the gate." They said it as her hand came up two fingers pointing. "Keep scouting... we shall see what is happening." She said it and moved taking a small bladder of waters as it glowed green from the mists and liquid inside. Her staff in hand as she secured it to her belt with a small loop. She was moving up as the warlock gate wasn't exactly the best place to go... she preferred to not but if someone was here trying to use it then there was a chance it would affect them... and being in the middle of someone elses stuff was not enjoyable.

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: XOXO, Lightsaber | Location: Warlock Gate, Dathomir | Tag: Lavania Lavania | Lorkha Majuren Lorkha Majuren

Ira took a deep breath, feeling the weight of his sorrow and fatigue weighing heavily on his shoulders. It seemed to seep out from him like a dark essence, swirling through the Force like a powerful current. She could sense the pain and loss that fueled his story, like a hole in his heart that could never be filled. A darkened ichor trailed along the leylines of the metaphysical, tainting everything it touched.

As he spoke of Yavin, she was suddenly pulled back in time, swept away by vivid memories and emotions. She found herself standing before her father, Ember, in this dreamlike state. Her body was noticeably heavy with pregnancy, well into its third trimester, but the hooded cloak draped around her did its best to conceal it. In this moment, she remembered the impending darkness that lurked on the horizon and how her father had warned her about it.

She had laughed then, brushing off his concerns with confidence as she reminded him of her role as the Sword of the Jedi and how the prophecy foretold her as a beacon against the darkness. But this memory began to unfold differently in this new context. Ember turned to face the ethereal visage of Ira and shook his head gravely, speaking in hushed tones that echoed in the depths of her mind.

"I warned you..." He said gravely.

As the reality around her distorted and twisted, the follower of Vahl let out an ominous warning. The sudden shift back to the present elicited a sharp growl from him. In response, she spun around to face the Klatooinian, her movements sharp and abrupt.

With a fierce fire burning within her, she snapped at him, her voice echoing with an otherworldly reverberation that gave her an eerie visage. "YOU KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH, WHAT I HAVE DONE!" Her words boomed like thunder, carrying with them the weight of centuries of anger, fear, and resentment. As the ground began to shake around the Warlock Gate, she continued to scream, her voice growing louder and fiercer with each passing moment. "THE SACRIFICES!"

The dark energies of the Force began to manifest around her in tendrils of darkness, whipping through the air with a menacing force. Her once-crimson eyes blazed even brighter as she directed her fury towards the Warlock Gate before her. The red leylines against the blackened canvas pulsed with energy in the ethereal plane as she fixated on the structure that held so much of her pain.

"THE THINGS I'VE LOST!" Her words echoed eerily, carried by the weight of her emotions and powers. The air itself seemed to tremble under the intensity of it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorkha Majuren

Now, Lorkha prided himself on being sensible to a fault. The situation was escalating in ways that made further advice incongruous at best and counterproductive at worst. He found himself backing up further, and eyeing not just the woman at the monolith but the witch activity not so far away.

He had a speeder bike in the trees. Now seemed a good moment to take it, so he did. It was about the only way he could deescalate things, and he had the uneasy feeling that things wouldn't be deescelatable very far at all.

Darth Ira Lorkha Majuren Lorkha Majuren

SHe felt it for a moment.. a tremor.. someone was angry... or reacting strongly at least. From the back of the rancor her hand caame up and she was motioning for them to continue forward... now it was a question of what they were going to find when they got there. She was uncertain about what they were going to find but her staff was there quickly in her hand. THe other bringing some of the ichor into her palm whiel she was working a smell to enhance herself and the other sisters who were coming with her had their bows at the ready from the backs of their rancors. The large tyrant rancors snarling for the moment when they spotted the gate and were getting close.

Falcon Rekali

Ember of Vengeance
VVVDHjr.png

SHADOWS UNLEASHED
VVVDHjr.png
Tags: Darth Ira Lavania Lavania Lorkha Majuren Lorkha Majuren

Aaralyn’s ethereal presence had been near-constant - at least in the back of Falcon’s mind - from the time it had begun to whittle away at his pieced together will to not abandon what life still had for him, to wallow in what he’d never been able to let go nor entirely heal from. What had warped him to be unrecognisable until he managed to bury it for the sake of others… even the shade of his wife when she had finally pulled him through the gate and into the Nether.

Falcon didn’t awake on his own natural timing this ‘day’, but when he awoke, she was no longer there. He could no longer feel her close at hand. But it wasn’t this fact that had him surging to consciousness, snapping awake where he’d fallen asleep in a chair. The atmosphere of this plane had abruptly thickened, forcing him awake in a fit of coughing as if it were a summer’s afternoon choked with full humidity and wildfire smoke. Not only that, but the oppressive pull he felt clawing at his person.

The pressure clogged his ears, muddying his confusion at his shade-wife’s sudden absence as he tried to think this through. Willfully, temporarily gnoring whatever yanked on him. Tried to clear his head and piece together some sense of the shift in his environment, as he forced himself up and padded through their small abode to be certain she was nowhere to be found. There was the occasional storm of energies that drifted through this place, but those had no distinct intent.

No, this was a purposeful work being inflicted on him, tearing apart the illusion of peace he had cobbled together here. Falcon had dressed himself and was done strapping to himself what he’d had little use for in this long seclusion - arming himself to the teeth with no mild measure of anger to confront whatever fresh hell was being visited upon him - when a voice grabbed his ear, just as he pulled a chain over his head to hang from his neck.

"Come to me, my love."

Falcon Rekali went bone still at the words. Oh, how the voice sounded both familiar and not, felt twisted in ways he couldn’t have expected. He was inclined to think it was a trap. That something was mimicking, perhaps mocking the memory of his wife, and doing a piss-poor job of it… but he could hardly refuse the way in which he felt drawn. And warned.

“Shavvit.”

He believed he was being toyed with and that just pissed him off even more so. Slipping the last few daggers into place, he stalked out of the small home to begin the trek to the Gate, partially convinced some specter of his past had deigned to seek him out and eradicate him; never mind that he had left no trace of where he had vanished to when he did. There were some resourceful fethers out there.

The closer he got to the Gate, the heavier and more ominous the atmosphere felt. Then it picked up in a torrent of rage, and the words that miasma spit out were full-mouthed - muffled - and hard to discern; the distortion was greatest here. He was going to kill whatever or whomever decided to ruin his day, “or kick their shebs so deep into the Nether that…” the muttering turned into a thought of where they’d come out at the other end in this frisson of dark fantasy, a thing that pulled a grim line to his face, and was left unspoken as he willfully forced himself through and out of the Warlock Gate.

And stopped cold on the other side in realspace, not halted by the wild fury, but by how it etched itself into the face of its source, a face that was unerringly familiar. Nary a word spoken, he wrapped fingers around the grip of his gun, as this enraged woman wearing and perverting his beloved’s face with such darkness wound her monologue to its conclusion. Leatherbound knuckles creaking as his grip on the gun tightened, and he slipped the thing out of its holster.

“Tell me why the frak you’re wearing my wife’s face, aruetii,” a click as the safety was disengaged, hard darkness inflecting the tone of his own voice, “before I make you regret it.”

It was hard to parse anything in the thick of her storm. Hard to believe what he was seeing. He only had his knowledge to go on, and his wife had come out the other side of this darkness, all those years ago. He had seen her in the Light again with his own damn eyes before her death, for frak's sake.

Last edited:

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: Outfit, Lightsaber | Location: Warlock Gate, Dathomir | Tag: Falcon Rekali Falcon Rekali | Lavania Lavania | Lorkha Majuren Lorkha Majuren

Amidst the swirling chaos, Ira's presence loomed like a dark, foreboding shadow. Her figure was shrouded in darkness, an aura of mystery and danger emanating from her very being. She gazed upon Falcon with a sly smirk tugging at the corners of her lips, her eyes glinting with an intense focus. The crackling energy of the Force surged around her, pulsing with a potent mixture of power and malevolence that seemed to bend to her will. It danced and swirled in intricate patterns, an alluring yet ominous display of her mastery over it.

The woman's voice was like velvet, smooth and seductive as it purred through the chaos of the night. Her words cut through the dense air like a sharp blade, drawing the attention of all who could hear. "My dear Falcon," she whispered, her tone laced with allure and mystery. "Do you truly believe that the answers you seek lie in the past? Or perhaps... they await you in the unknown depths of the future." The bloodied moon shone down on her with an ethereal glow, casting a halo around her figure as she spoke with an otherworldly wisdom.

Her words were like a sweet poison, laced with an irresistible allure that beckoned Falcon closer. Each syllable dripped with a tantalizing promise of forbidden knowledge, secrets yet to be revealed. As his gaze locked with hers, she could sense the tumultuous storm raging within him, the doubts and fears that clawed at the edges of his consciousness. But her mesmerizing eyes held him in their grasp, hypnotizing him with their dark depths and mysterious allure.

"Come closer," she urged, her voice laced with a hint of mischief and a touch of danger. She stood before the ancient Warlock Gate, her long dark hair cascading over her shoulders like a waterfall of night. With a flick of her wrist, tendrils of inky black energy surged forth from her fingertips, crackling and sparking as they twisted and danced through the air. The very ground beneath their feet seemed to tremble in response to her power.

The Warlock Gate groaned under the strain, its ancient stone structure buckling and creaking under the weight of her relentless assault. But she paid it no mind, her focus solely on the raw power at her command. "Feel it, Falcon," she continued, her voice rising in a haunting crescendo. "The raw power of the Force coursing through the air, yearning to be set free. Embrace it, let it flow through you like a river of darkness." Her eyes glinted with an otherworldly light as she spoke, drawing him deeper into her web.

"Now watch as I tear down the barriers that bind us to this mortal realm," she finished, a wicked smile curving across her lips. In that moment, he could feel the pull of something greater than himself, something ancient and powerful beckoning him towards a new path. As she spoke, the fabric of reality began to unravel before their very eyes, torn apart by the sheer force of her will. The Warlock Gate trembled and groaned, its once-mighty defenses crumbling to dust as the veil between life and death grew ever thinner.

"Join me, Falcon," she whispered, her voice a seductive melody that echoed through the void.

Falcon Rekali Falcon Rekali Darth Ira

She continued to feel and could see in the force the power... it eminated from whatever or whoever was there as the rancor moved in a lumbering train up the hills and went towards it. They could have run with them and gone flat out but they didn't know everything that was happening... factoring that in and that offworlders rarely came entirely alone. SHe breathed in and then outwards reaching to her sisters who were on the side mounts. "Fly, scout." She said it and their staffs glowed for a moment while they secured them in small grooves of the mounted saddle. Leaping into the air while green energy encased them and made them into larger hawks with transformation talismans. They would scout ahead and if need be attack while she stayed there and held on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom