Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadows over the Swamp

Vladislav Von Kresvelgard

V

SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
d7garbg-a09007fb-fe38-4941-a5f0-99c52b177e08.jpg
SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
TAGS: Valery Noble Valery Noble
LOCATION: Swamp World of Mancharakorkon, The Graveyard of the Mancharunk
RELEVANT LINKS: Darth Mordheim | Mancharakorkon
SPECIAL ITEMS: Shield Talisman | Cloak of Hate | Sith Spellbook | Sith Regenerator

The World of Mancharakorkon relatively unknown and unexplored by the galactic order of the jedi of the current generation. Filled to the brim with dense swampland and marshes spread across the entire surface of the world, with a single settlement for outsiders to reside in and the closed off-nature of the society of the Mancharunk who had a unique relationship to the force in that they controlled natural elements, such as water, earth, air and fire not unlike the Shapers of Kro Var. The Planet would be forgotten as little more than a hideout for pirates and others running from the law or wanted by the various galactic powers within the galaxy. The Dark Side of the Force would be growing rapidly upon the planet, and its corrupting influence penetrated even deeper inside of the force. An immense force ritual would be flooding from the planet in a massive force disturbance that could be felt from lightyears away to both sith and jedi. The screams of the departed would be heard as anyone approached the planet, as they were dragged from the netherworld of the force to serve as pawns to a new master of the dark side which was unknown to both the sith and the jedi. The Jedi Order had learned of the existence of the planet due to a scouting mission, and promptly sent a young padawan and his master to make contact with the locals and map out the world for the archives. The Jedi Council's last message from them would be strange reports of skeleton natives rising from the ground and attacking them, through the day and night. The last message that anyone heard from them would be a bloody note sent to the Council Room of the Jedi Order...this message was as followed..

Note:
From Jedi Master Erun Ki Sain to the Jedi High Council

"Masters of the Council, I have recently encountered something of immediate interest to you..3 days ago me and my padawan were attacked by the living undead, I know that sounds insane to some of you, but it happened right in front of us. We were simply walking through the swamp towards the next village of the natives of this world, when we were attacked by hordes of korriban zombies and skeleton warriors that were hiding within the murky terrain. I fought them off as best as I could, but it seemed even my light side powers didn't have much effect on them. Unfortunately..my padawan was killed by them and dragged through the swamp as I was overwhelmed my own self. I barely escaped with my own life to write this note to you....I don't have much time, I hear them coming as I write this...they are here!"
-The Note Ended

The note would end, as it was stained with the blood of the jedi master. Having arrived to the Jedi High Council aboard an empty shuttle that once housed the jedi master and his padawan that descended down near the main temple. The Jedi High Council would debate among themselves on what to do and it would be them that decided on who to send to bring the being which caused these deaths to justice. Meanwhile in the dense swamp world of mancharakorkon, the sacred site of the mancharunk, the Graveyard of the Mancharunk would be overflowing with skeleton warriors raised from the foreign inhabitants of the world and natives alike, there were hordes of korriban zombie's outside the various crypts within the mucky and dense waters, armed to the teeth with shields and various other weaponry, near the main tomb which belonged to a powerful mancharunk sage and his family. Darth Mordheim would be inside, wearing his purple and golden cloak of hate around his elderly form, his lightsaber underneath his robe and ready to be activated although he lacked considerable skill with a blade, he could still handle himself if pressed into a lightsaber duel. Peering over to the tomb of the sage, Mordheim would begin to speak the ancient spell within his personal sith spellbook by his side.

"Raise!, answer your master's call. Awake from the netherworld of the force and serve me." Mordheim's voice would ring out among the empty tomb as he gathered the dark side of the force and combined it with sith magic to invoke the power of necromancy upon the dead bodies before him. The immense power of mordheim would flood from his hands into the tombs around him, as the skeletons of the dead would begin to break out of their tombs, the large size of the mancharunk would tower over the elder as he smiled with a crooked smile to the skeleton. "Go out and patrol the swamp, while I raise more of their brethren to serve me." The Necromancer would speak, as he directed his bony finger towards the entrance to the crypt. As the hulking skeleton would march out of the crypt and into the landscape. Mordheim's Dark Power would spread to other areas of the swamp, as his undead forces would be filled with vigor. Two Skeletons would be dragging the mangled body of the jedi master and his padawan into the crypt so that mordheim could raise their bodies to serve in his Barrow Legion. The skeletons would lay the bodies of the padawan and the jedi master upon the empty table as Mordheim would peer over them with his glowing yellow sith eyes, as he submerged himself in the dark side of the force. "The bodies of two jedi will make powerful & loyal servants for my Barrow Legion. Unfortunately to return their souls from the netherworld of the force will require me to expend my power a little more than I would like. However the reward of raising them will grant me more benefit than risk at this current time, and who knows I might have another jedi who is foolish enough to intervene with my grand designs." He spoke in a sort of laughing manner to the dead bodies before him, beginning to invoke the incantation of the sith necromancy spell to bring the souls of the jedi back from the netherworld of the force.

bWMGgIz.png
Shadows over the Swamp
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Ship: Factory link
Through the cockpit window of her X-wing, Valery looked out towards the planet known as Mancharakorkon. As experienced as she was, she knew very little about it, aside from what she had read up on before her departure. The Jedi had only just begun more thorough research of the planet when a disturbing message reached them from the Master and Padawan who were sent there. In their letter, they spoke of the undead - hordes of them chasing after the Jedi with the intent to kill. Valery had great experience fighting zombies and other undead creatures, as they typically were creations of the Dark Side.
Because despite her various positions throughout her time with the Jedi, she was at her very core a Jedi Shadow. A specialized Jedi who looked for anything tainted by the Dark Side, so she could attempt to purge it.
So when she heard about this case through all her sources, which ranged from the Jedi Council of Ossus' Praxeum to the Shadows of the Galactic Alliance, she decided to investigate and make an attempt at ending this dark threat herself. Like most Shadows, she would be operating alone, knowing there were hordes of these zombies out there, but alone in the Shadows, she would be most difficult to find. Regardless of how many beasts were created, she understood that taking out the source was often enough to send the entire army crumbling down.
With her mission set in her mind, the woman then made her landing in a more remote area of the planet, close to the swamps the Jedi Master had reported on - the likely place where they had been killed. Her best bet at finding the one responsible for the intense darkness she felt, was to start where her fellow Jedi had fallen, and so she ventured out into the swamps. But where the other Jedi had been out in the open, exposed to their attackers, Valery would approach from the Shadows.
Her presence in the Force concealed, and her body cloaked from sight and sound, she stepped into the swamps and began to follow her senses. The Dark Side was strong here, but if she focused, she hoped to locate something that stood out - something darker than the zombies that roamed around. The creator of these beasts surely had a unique presence, more corrupted than the average Sith or Sithspawn. She was going to find it, track it down and she would be ready to face anything on her path.
She was coming for him.
F7r9prE.png

V

SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
ITEMS: Shield Talisman | Cloak of Hate | Sith Spellbook | Sith Regenerator

The power of the dark side would flow around the Lichemaster of the Barrow Legion, as a small window into the netherworld would be created. In order to restore the bodies of the recently deceased jedi into a form that could defend him. He had to call upon the spirits of them within the netherworld, dragging them through the netherworld with a scream of the souls as they passed back into realspace. Holding the spirits within his wrinkled grasp, he would turn his hand and cast them back into the bodies of the slain jedi. He would recite the incantation to bind them in the husk of their former bodies. although mordheim was a powerful sith sorcerer and magician in his own right, forcing a recently slain soul to become one with their bodies again took convincing and a lot of power within the dark side. "I invoke the power of the sith necromancers of the past, to raise the undead before me. Let them serve and protect their new master without bias or freedom to disobey." Mordheim spoke to the corpses, as his hands churned and sparked with the power of sith magic. Raising his hands before the bodies on the table and blasting them with his conjured magical incantation. Such a powerful spell of the dark side would expel itself out of the main tomb like a wave of chaos, ripping through the atmosphere and the swampy water. Unknown to him at this current time would be the presence of the Jedi Shadow, the wave would be expanding towards their location at this present time. Weather they got hit and blasted by the dark side, would be up to their skill and power within the force.

Darth Mordheim had known to himself, that his power within the force would easily allow himself to be tracked within the swamp. His experiments were too valuable to be wasted away or destroyed by a lone force user just passing through. To cloud his presence within the force, he had installed lamps around the Graveyard of the Swamp, emitting the same presence as himself because he imbued them with a portion of his power. Even to a trained force user, they would have no choice but to check out each of these lamps among the swamps to check for him. Allowing his Undead Legions to handle them. In the event that this failed, Mordheim would have the main tomb covered by a fake grass to make the impression that it was just a hill among the landscape and not an important location. With the lamps, distracting his enemies for a minute. He could focus on his experiments and mentally prepare himself to battle them with his superior sorcery among the swamps. Mordheim would turn his attention away from these thoughts in his head, as the two jedi's bodies would begin to twist and turn as their flesh would begin rotting inside of their once noble armored jedi robes. The overpowering nature of decay would bring a smile to his wrinkled face. The Two Jedi would lift themselves off the table, their eyes would glow blue for a time. Before returning to their natural colors. Bowing before their new master, and speaking to him. "My Master, We are ready to serve you." The Jedi Master Spoke with his former jedi padawan simply nodding besides him. "A promising result, although this is my first time bringing back a force sensitive from the grave in a long time. Unfortunately all of your force powers I can't restore, but you should have some knowledge of using a lightsaber in combat against my enemies." Mordheim spoke to them, before pointing towards the exit to the tomb itself. "Go out and patrol the swampland nearest to the main tomb." He said, as the Jedi Master and Jedi Padawan would bow once again, leaving through the hidden entrance which would take them to the closest lamp which would no doubt attract the attention of anyone investigating. Mordheim would see them leave, walking deeper into the tomb itself to an area where he could employ his sorcery to its best abilities if he was drawn into combat which he doubt would happen but it was best to be prepared.

[NPC Actions in the swamp lands]

The Undead Legions of the Lichemaster would be patrolling around the swamp as he ordered, being boosted by the strength of mind enslaved mancharunk. There powerful muscles and strong tails made them formidable warriors because they had an advantage in the water compared to being on land. Most of them would be korriban sith zombies, wielding different weapons from swords to spears, shields. The next numerous would be the skeleton warriors, beings that were restored to life using sith magic that keeps their form together and allows them to use their weapons like if they had muscles. Although the light side could drive out the sith magic of the skeletons and make them fall apart. Any observer could see that they could enter into formations like a pyke wall, which would make them difficult to get passed in open combat. While the Two Undead Jedi would have made their way to the lamp pouring with the dark side, taking out their lightsabers but not igniting. From a distance it would be hard to tell that they were undead, unless someone happened to look real close at them, and could tell that there flesh were rotted. Compared to the hordes around them, they had a small trace of their force signature which might draw someone near them. So that they could engage in combat and slay any who wish to harm their new master. Time would only tell, if these undead jedi could stand a chance against a trained force user. But if it failed somehow, Mordheim would have gathered enough data for the next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bWMGgIz.png

Shadows over the Swamp

With her Cloak still active, the Jedi Master moved through the swamps, jumping from one tree to another to avoid the muddy and possibly dangerous water below. Luckily, plenty of trees had fallen over while others grew horizontally with respect to the ground, thus offering her plenty of platforms to jump to and from. It only made the journey through these lands more time-consuming, which considering the rising darkness she felt from within the swamps, was not exactly ideal.
What was more disturbing, however, was how it seemed that the presence she was tracking was in more than one location at once. She herself knew an ability that accomplished the same thing, but this felt different. There was no real distinction between the individual sources she could feel. So either her target was incredibly precise with his Force scattering, or something else was going on. Either way, she intended to find out. Valery felt confident that she hadn't yet been discovered, so she could approach one such source to take a look. If he was really there, she'd be able to engage but if he wasn't, she intended to move on or investigate.
After passing through more of the territory, the woman finally approached something that felt like the man responsible for what was happening here. However, as she looked in the direction of the source from high up on a fallen tree, she only spotted a.. lamp? Blinking, Valery elegantly made her way down towards it with a few quick hops and stepped out of her cloak to investigate it further. She felt the Dark Side radiating from it, but that was it.
"Diversionary tactics," Valery muttered to herself before a sudden growl drew her attention. From every direction around her, figures were approaching, all tainted by the Dark Side and wielding various weapons. The zombies got closer and closer, but Valery remained mostly still, only turning to face them while she drew two twin lightsabers into her hands, the blades not yet ignited. She was studying the creations of this yet unknown Dark Sider to get a better idea of what he was capable of - these zombies looked serious. A sigh followed and while the creatures moved to engage, Valery allowed the Force to flow around her body in the form of pure light.
Her hands then suddenly extended and out came a withering blast of bright light, striking all the aggressors at their very core - their connection to the Dark Side. Following the blast, two violet blades ignited and with immense speed, the woman charged through the group of Zombies, her blades spinning into a whirlwind to cut them down. Following her first attack, she jumped up and bounced off of a tree to rapidly come down onto the next zombie, whose head she cleaved in half with a quick and precise cut. And so, in the blink of an eye, she had taken out this relatively small group.
But she sensed far more and had no intentions of engaging them.
Stepping back into her Cloak, the woman once again disappeared into the Shadows and continued her path through the swamps. Again, she'd trace the signature she felt, and again, she spotted a lamp. But unlike the former, two figures stood there waiting, dressed in Jedi attire and with the Force faintly flowing through them.
"You're not Master Erun Ki Sain," Valery said as she jumped down to confront them, her cloak dropping to reveal her powerful features. Her orange eyes narrowed at the faces of the two 'Jedi', and her hands held onto the hilts of her lightsabers. She knew the Padawan had fallen, and the Master hadn't made it either from the way his message was received. Whatever or whoever these things were, her intentions were to deal with them.
To possibly bring their bodies back home.
F7r9prE.png

V

SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
ITEMS: Shield talisman | Cloak of Hate | Sith Spellbook | Sith Regenerator

The Fallen Master Erun Ki Sain and his fallen apprentice would peer out from their lamppost into the endless swamp. Their glowing blue eyes inside of their rotting form would notice that a women would jump down in front of them. Speaking towards them and correctly guessing that they weren't the living jedi. Kai Sain decided to respond, his voice crackling as he did. "I am indeed, Master Erun Ki Sain. However I have grown more powerful in the service of my master. And you will join his growing force user undead army." Master Sain said as the women could feel that snuffing out the dark side within him would require more time to do, igniting his blue lightsaber within his armored hand and advancing forward to engage her in a lightsaber duel. Swinging his lightsaber around like a true jedi master, using a mix of shii-cho for his offensive strikes and soresu for his defensive guard, bashing against her blades using complex maneuvers and parrying each of her strikes with peak effectiveness. It would be a hard fight to overcome him in a duel, and would take more time. Not to mention that slashing attacks wouldn't do much to the jedi's armor underneath their torn and ragged robes due to it being slanted slightly to bounce sabers off of it, only that more blunt force attacks and thrust could penetrate it.

The Fallen Padawan would ignite their own double bladed green lightsaber, engaging in a less refined version of ataru but with enough competence in it to protect himself from her attacks and moving around around her to engage, although she could tell that the padawan lacked sufficient training that an apprentice and above had. Meaning that while he could swing his lightsaber around and bash at her, his defensive was considerably weaker than the master. Making it more logical to cut this padawan down again, and then engage the master.

While this duel between them would be commencing within the swamp, a small drone would zoom in with the camera on it. Sending video feed to a terminal within the main crypt, that Darth Mordheim would be overlooking within his office deep within the makeshift fortress of his. "Ah, so a force user is tracking me after all. They seem powerful within the force and will make a suitable addition for my growing undead army. However, in the event that they defeat the padawan and master that I raised from the grave. Then I will have to consider engaging them myself." He said, stroking his long beard as he watched the battle. Getting to know her combat style and powers so that he would be better able to counteract them if she survived the engagement. Looking from the monitor for a fraction of a second, he would point his bony fingers towards the door within his office. "Go my stone guardians, engage with the force user outside. But do not attack directly unless she manages to cut down my newly acquired force users." He said, as several stone guardians would move out of the office and towards the exit to the main crypt. Although they wouldn't arrive for a while, giving the force user enough time to deal with the two undead jedi before her. With this done, he would focus his attention back on the monitor in front of himself.

[NPC actions]

Around the Swamp, the clashing of the duel and the sparks of the lightsabers would no doubt attract the attention of the undead horde among the swamp. As a small detachment of skeleton warriors made their way over to the dueling site. Although they were going to arrive earlier than the stone guardians, allowing them to possibly assist with defeating the force user and either killing her or dragging her body back to Darth Mordheim. They had various weaponry's on them and carried tower shields as well which provided limited protection from a lightsaber, being empowered by the dark side more than the zombies that mordheim raised and that she defeated earlier. They could be heard approaching, from a good distance away.

The Jedi was certainly in trouble this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bWMGgIz.png

Shadows over the Swamp

Part 1: Duel
Looking between the fallen Master and his Padawan, Valery frowned at his words. The idea that someone had turned these Jedi into instruments of war, and bent them to their will was sickening. So without any further hesitation, Valery's thumbs reached her lightsaber's switches, and two violet blades sprung into existence. It was a simple gesture, and one the two fallen Jedi understood - they ignited their own weapons and advanced to attack the woman.
She knew the Padawan wasn't going to be a problem, but the Master felt stronger, more experienced. She, however, was more than ready for this encounter. Using her experience as a Jedi Battlemaster, as well as her precognitive skills, she quickly began to read the flow of combat. The Master of the pair used Shii-Cho as an offensive Form, thus Valery adopted a Jar'kai variant of Makashi where both blades were utilized to precisely parry attacks and return strikes. But with his defense quickly shifting into a more passive Soresu, she knew the fight was going to take some time.
The Padawan, however, was moving around her in arguably her preferred form - Ataru. Taking him out was going to be the priority and after several minutes of exchanging attacks and parries, she found an even better opportunity. The Padawan had moved around her and approached from the rear while the Master advanced from the front, aiming to cut her in half with a wide swing. Valery, however, kept her side angled towards the Master and held her blades ready like a true fencer. Without looking, she knew exactly where the Padawan was, and at the moment both Master and Padawan were about to strike, it was as if her material form vanished.
Both fallen Jedi could see her with their eyes, but she phased through the attacking Padawan, who now crashed into his Master's blade, resulting in the body being severed in half. Whether it surprised the Master or not, Valery didn't care - she suddenly blasted forward with immense speed and lunged into an attack, her blade thrust forward and up lightly to pierce through the Master's chest, who had been off-balanced by his own former Padawan.
For a moment, their eyes locked, and Valery glared into the soul of awakened death. Deep down, she hoped the one responsible was watching. That he knew she was coming to destroy what he had created.
"May you both rest easy," Valery said as she stood up straight and let out a breath of air. Fighting this much was taxing, but the reward in this case was motivation to keep going. Her hand then hovered over the two bodies and a wave of purging Light fell over their corpses, removing any traces of the Dark Side that could otherwise linger.
Now, she could take their bodies back so they could go through a proper Jedi burial.
Part 2: Skeletons
Following her defeating the two fallen Jedi, Valery reached into her pocket and grabbed a simple nutrition bar, something to replenish her energy a little for the mission that only seemed to get more demanding. But as she stood there, eating, she suddenly felt darkness swarming all around her. Looking around, she spotted a group of skeletons with various types of weapons approaching her from all directions.
There was no way around them.
Gritting her teeth, Valery ignited her two blades and stood ready for them. But sadly, they hadn't given her enough time to get her energy restored enough, so as the clash began, she quickly found herself struggling far more than normal. Simple creatures like this, she'd usually have no trouble beating, but the rate at which she defeated them was slow, and too many of them were getting too close.
FkrGXAK.jpg
Soon, she felt a blade glancing against her arm, leaving behind a cut from which blood began to flow. Another struck her left hip and quickly, she realized that she had to act. If she let this continue, she'd likely not make it off this world. She'd never see her lover again, and her child would never be born. She simply could not allow that to happen, and thus found a new source of strength deep within.
With a scream of pain and determination, the woman channeled the Force and drew it inwards, where it rapidly compressed before exploding out in all directions. The repulse she created was devastating, and vaporized the skeletons around her, alongside much of the immediate terrain nearby.
But as the energy disappeared, the woman fell to hands and knees for a moment, breathing heavily from the powerful attack she had released. As powerful as she was, the figure responsible for all this had the time to create an army, and taking one on alone was a challenge she could not underestimate.
Perhaps, the only way to end this was to return back into the Shadows, leave behind the bodies of the fallen Jedi, and find the source of all this. To kill the Dark Sider who had raised the dead.
F7r9prE.png

V

SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP

"A strong force user this is, if she is able to vaporize an entire regiment of skeletons and effortlessly destroy two jedi. Something must be done quickly before they destroy more of my creations. Direct intervention is necessary at this time." Mordheim would say, watching on the monitor as the force user dispatched his two fallen jedi with considerable skill and destroyed an entire legion of skeletons before his very eyes. Peering over into the darkness of his office with his glowing yellow eyes, force pulling his single bladed lightsaber to himself from its stand and hooking it to his armor underneath his robe. Although he was considerably weak in melee combat with his elderly body, he could still hold his own for a considerable amount of time and with his enemy weakened by his relentless attacks. He should have no problem in killing them or at least making them withdraw from this world. Standing up from his office chair and putting on his, Shielding Talisman and wrapping his large purple and golden cloak of hate around his armored elderly form, since he was wearing his alchemized powered battle armor. Deciding that having the enemy know his face would be dangerous because of his public alter ego of Professor Ruben Durant, Operating Director of the Galactic Bureau of Astrology & Astrogation. Putting on a mask that resembled the constellations on a starry background, putting it underneath his cloak's hood. Now the only defining trait would be his long white beard which could belong to anyone and made identifying him in his public ego much more difficult. Making his way through the tomb's extensive labyrinth and towards the beast pens that he currently was experimenting on using his dark sith sorcery. "Rise my Arkanian Dragon Mount, I require your services in defeating my enemies." Mordheim spoke as the skeleton dragon nodded, allowing the elderly darth upon its back. The dragon would begin to flap its wings, its muscles being simulated by the dark side of the force being flowed into it. The ground on the surface would begin to crumble and a large hill that disguised the tomb that he was operating on would crumble. Flapping into the air with hurricane force winds and roaring with simulated sound of an intense and thunderous roar that shook the trees. The beast would flap down onto the ground a few meters away from the girl currently on her knees in the swampy water.

Mordheim would peer over to the women on the ground, projecting his voice loudly behind his mask that hid his features. His dark aura would be felt by the jedi in front of himself, as his large golden and purple cloak of hate would shine like the stars themselves. "Greetings to you, mysterious force user who interferes with my research of the undead. Although I must admit that you are strong in the force, particularly the light side of the force. However none of this will matter, for your feeble skills are no match for the power of my dark sorcery." Mordheim would say, raising his armored palm into the air above him, as clouds would begin to form around the Graveyard of the Mancharunk. A great enhancement circle would be seen, blinding in mixes of orange and purple that swirled around his palm.

"You do well against the armies of the undead, but can you face several armies at the same time. Let's find out my friend, Erunk Sa Nun, Turik da Marchuno." As the words would be spoken, the power of the dark side would surge within the area due to the immense power unleashed within mear minutes, almost cutting out the connection of the light side from this area entirely. The screams of the dead would echo all around them , although mordheim had ignored this for he had done it for so long now, but to the women in front of him, it might be a disorienting experience as intense waves of pain and suffering. The ground would begin to break all around them, as a vast army of the undead would emerge from the swampy waters from the sunken tombs underneath. The undead near him would form into entire regiments around Mordheim and his Skeletal Arkanian Dragon Mount, while the others would be arranged within their own formations around her. To the women on the ground, it was a vast army unlike any other seen. Perhaps the greatest display of sith necromancy in the history of the galaxy, was now upon her. Would she run away and seek aid or attempt to slay him and watch as the armies would crumble around him. Time would only tell, but mordheim didn't intend to lose.

Lowering his hand back down from his great spell, Mordheim would peer down at them with his golden yellow eyes that could be seen from the mask eye holes. Mordheim prepared his power within the dark side to battle this mysterious warrior, either through lightsaber combat or through the force which he had a slight advantage in due to his intense amount of study over the years. Mordheim left himself open for a single reason, if the jedi leaped towards him and attempted to strike him down. She would be surprised, as he was using force wind without her knowledge. Creating a protective barrier around himself that would blow away any direct attack upon him by another person with an intense amount of wind until he lowered it and moved to engage personally with the woman.

The Battle among the Swamp World would be about to begin....
Either the Necromancer or the Master made it out of this fight among the ravaged landscape....

bWMGgIz.png

Shadows over the Swamp

On hands and knees, Valery slowly steadied her breathing after she blew apart the group of skeletons that had attacked her. Her eyes shifted down towards her body, noting the few faint cuts that they had marked her with during the clash. But the pain and lack of energy were nothing in comparison to the sickening darkness she felt. From within his hideout, the creator of this evil departed on the back of another monster he created, and she could feel him approaching. A clash with him and more of his forces seemed inevitable, but in her current state, she would not be able to fight for long.
So from that same position, she closed her eyes and shielded herself off from the outside world for just a moment, and shifted a deep focus inwards to tap into the power that flowed within. With the control she had over it, the flow began to expand outwards, exploding through both her body and mind to augment herself far beyond her natural capabilities. The exhaustion she felt, the sharp pain from the cuts and bruises — none of that phased her any longer.
The dragon came down with its rider, Darth Mordheim, on top, and Valery would rise to her feet an even stronger woman and Jedi. She knew that after this fight, she'd need a lot more time to recover because of what she was doing now, but any less than her absolute best, and there would be no next time. She then turned her fiery orange gaze to the man and narrowed it as he began to speak. Both her lightsabers again ignited, and she'd hold them at each side of her body, ready to engage him or whatever he would throw at her.
"Don't be so sure of yourself," Valery said before she watched him raise his palm into the air.
Immediately, dark clouds began to form up in the sky, and alongside it came a feeling of pain and despair. The heavy emotions tied to the Dark presences she felt rising were powerful, and surely overwhelming to most Jedi or those untrained to shield themselves. But through her training as a Shadow, she had developed an almost passive Force immunity against forces of the Dark Side weighing against her mind, attempting to corrupt her or simply drive her into madness. Despite it though, what she felt through the Force was truly disturbing, and only further strengthened her desire to end it all for good.
All around her, undead now began to converge on her alone — a single beacon of light within a vast sea of darkness. She knew that taking it all down was going to be impossible, but she was going to do some damage before making her way out. She needed an opportunity. So with both her lightsabers drawn, she began to move at speeds beyond what the undead could muster, allowing her to blitz through their lines and use that momentum to drive the violet beams of plasma into them. One by one, the undead were falling but at this rate, she could go on forever. The Jedi Master needed to strike at more of them, and thus she ventured deep into their lines with acrobatics and fast-paced attacks. Now surrounded, streams of light began to flow around the woman's body, powered by the Force within her, and as pure as her heart in this very moment.
With both arms extended, the streams suddenly converged towards the palms of her hands, from where intense blasts of Force light struck out at all the beasts around her. Many fell, especially those who stood close, and this was exactly what she needed to make her escape and retrieve the bodies of the fallen Jedi. The only problem that remained was Darth Mordheim himself and his dragon companion, but she had an idea for them as well.
Looking around, the woman quickly spotted two large spears from the undead and drew them into her hands after putting away her lightsabers. The streams of Light that had once flown around her body now began to twirl around the spears, empowering them with the Light Side energy she had used to kill many of his creations. Then, with blinding speed, she launched one such spear directly at Darth Mordheim, while the other was thrown towards the heart of the dragon. She knew the weapons themselves posed no threat to either of them, but imbued by her power in the Light, they would be far more dangerous.
"Until next time," she muttered as the spears were flying rapidly towards their targets.
She, however, did not look to see if they would hit their mark. Instead, she once again cloaked herself and faded away into the shadows while the undead creatures were still moving towards her. But with the Jedi gone, they no longer had a target and simply stood there like a horde, waiting for their Master to command them. Although they had taken many casualties, the swamplands were still theirs, but the bodies of the fallen Jedi had been retrieved, and the mysterious woman had vanished for now. But something told Valery that there was going to be another encounter someday.
But only time would tell.
F7r9prE.png

V

SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP
SHADOWS OVER THE SWAMP

Darth Mordheim would peer out as the women would stand up and begin to empower herself with the force. He knew that it was dangerous for him to engage with her at this stage, besides he had countless numbers of undead to fight for him. With his protection barrier of force wind raised around himself, he didn't have to worry about her engaging him directly without having a way to penetrate the air veil that protected his elderly form. Mordheim would watch her literally vanish right before his eyes, his own mind not directly comprehending the speeds of the blurr, as the plasma glow would be the only thing that was visible to the naked eye. His vast legion would begin to lose more and more of their undead soldiers and she might be able to wipe out his entire army at this rate, he shielded himself from the blinding light of the force within her. It was clear to himself that she was an avatar of the light side of the force and nothing less. Mordheim shielded himself with his own force resistance, when her force light was spreading out and destroyed a majority of his left flank army. Mordheim peered down at her with a slight glare from his elderly eyes, he would prepare himself to engage with the women using his most powerful beast, his skeletal dragon. He watched her pick up two spears and imbue them with the light side of the force, hurling them towards him and his dragon. Mordheim wasn't about to die on this day, nor was he going to allow his beloved mount to be killed by a mysterious force user. So expanding his protection barrier around himself and his dragon with an immense push of his power to match the incoming speed, the immense power of force wind would blow like a hurricane, hurling the two spears away from him and his dragon mount and into the dirt the power diminishing within them, now rendering them harmless. Darth Mordheim would peer away from the distraction, to see that she was gone and so was the two jedi bodies. Cursing to himself with a slight mutter, he had underestimated her and failed to prevent her escape. This base of operations wasn't safe now.

Darth Mordheim would need to move locations before she brought along more jedi to crush his offsite laboratory. Raising his hand and using the power of sith necromancy, he would point towards the legions left over from the mysterious force users assault. "Crumble Away, my legions until I need your strength once again." He spoke, as the decaying power of sith necromancy would spread out among the undead legions that he had only recently created, his dragon was excluded from crumbling away as he needed his mount to leave after collecting his belongings. If anyone was to investigate or return to this site to find him and his creations, there would be none and nothing would be left to trace it back to himself. Darth Mordheim took a mental note within his mind, that the women needed to be hunted down and eliminated before she could spill his plans to the jedi order or his rivals within the sith order itself.

The Dragon would flap its wings, after a few hours of Darth Mordheim clearing out the laboratory tomb that he was using. Returning the elderly darth towards his vessel as he climbed aboard the craft. The dragon would crumble as the ramp closed, no longer fueled by the dark power of mordheim. The vessel would be taking him to his Fortress at Castle Blackmead, on an undisclosed planet at this time. Darth Mordheim would not be so easily fooled next time that he encountered the mysterious force user, but for now he was moving forward with his netherworld project after the girl had unknowingly helped him develop countermeasures for their next engagement.

The girl should be afraid of him, he was the Lichemaster of the Barrow Legion, Darth Mordheim. Nothing would stop him from turning the galaxy into an undead empire with him at its head....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom