Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadows of the Order (Self training - Open to all)

Lost_Twenty_Busts.jpg

The Jedi Archives, the biggest compendium and the greatest collection of Force Knowledge and history about the Republic and the Order known in the galaxy. There was knowledge about subtle powers and hidden teachings that not many could access.

It was early in the morning and there was little to no activity in the archives of the Temple, most of the activity came late in the morning or in the afternoon since the morning was reserved for meditation and physical training...

However, this morning, for the corellian Jedi known Vexander Graves; things would be different. As a Padawan he learned a lot of things under the tutelage of his Master, Syn; and even learned things from the Knight E`ron. However, what he had to learn now was something that he wanted to learn on his own.

Looking at several books and holocrons while he was seated in a table in the Archives, Vex noticed the stories and information about the fallanassi ... a group of Force Sensitives that knew how to disappear in plain sight with the help of something called "White Current"... the Force itself but with a different approach.

The young man studied closely what was available and even the encounter the late Luke Skywalker had with them and even the travels of Darth Caedus had prior of his fall to the darkside.

For a man trained to be a marksman, blend in with the enviroment and taking shots without even been seen, the abilities of the fallanassi and the White Current would be more than beneficial.

Nevertheless, the training and development of their techniques were too extensive and would require a lot of time... instead, the young man thought that he could start with Force Concealment , a similar technique but that didn't match the level...

"Still it requires a lot of training and skill in the Force" the young man whispered to himself while he caressed his beard while he leaned forward to the holo screen. The young man was not having doubts, he was more than willing to start, but he had to train hard; he had the commitment and deep desire to learn how to use the Force and help him be just a shadow while going to operations... and hunting down the Sith.

Entering a few commands in the screen, he transfered all the information available about the technique and the theory to his datapad. He would use it to reach at the Force and to try to work things out...

Standing up from the table once that the transfer was done, he was about to leave the Archives and to go to the training grounds, where he would just start meditating and drawing focus in the Force to start with the big road ahead.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Vulpesen entered the archives with a smile. After joining the Jedi, he had found this to be one of his favorite places, and now, even after his promotion to knight, he still found it awe inspiring. For him, knowledge was a great treasure and he had accessed quite a trove once he had access to the teachings of the Jedi.

As he wandered through the room, he caught a glimpse of @[member="Vexander Graves"], apparently studying into something. Having little idea of what to search for, and little else to do, Vulpesen wandered over to the padawan. "What are you looking for?" He had long ago figured out where to find most information he wanted, but the problem was often in making a decision.

After spending majority of the night sparring and practising her lightsaber techniques, Rasu decided that she would go to the Temple Archives for the rest of the morning to analyse the teachings of those Jedi before her. Having just come out of the refresher to wash away the sweat that had built up, Rasu felt relaxed and at ease as she walked through the Archive's entrance, the sweet scent of soap, trailing behind her. As it was still quite early in the morning, there were very few Jedi present in the room, however one man who had just stood up caught her attention. Vex? she thought, recognising the man as her recent team member on her mission to the planet Obredaan. Her cheeks flushed a dark shade of green in her Mirialan form as she thought back to their recent partnership, she hadn't acted awkwardly then and she believed she had made a good first impression with young man. So working up the courage, she began to walk over to him, flicking back her wet hair to make it look reasonably presentable. I hope he still remembers me! she thought, panic suddenly rushed through her. What if he doesn't and I have to introduce myself again. Oh I'll make a complete fool of myself if I have to do it a second time.

"Oh hey Vex, long time no see," she forced herself to say, as she found herself standing in front of the man, who was now accompanied by another Jedi. "What are you guys doing here?" Inside her head, Rasu was violently beating herself up for how she had greeted the two Jedi, you're so stupid! You can't even say hello properly. They probably think you're so awkward!

@[member="Vulpesen"]
@[member="Vexander Graves"]

The Jedi Knight known as Vulpesen, a man he has seen before and who has shared a few missions and encounters with Vex showed up close to him in the Archives.

With a blunt question, he asked to the Padawan what he was looking for in the vast amount of knowledge found in the location.

Looking at the man straight in the eyes, Vexander answered the question "I have what I was looking for, information about ways to hide yourself with the Force... it would help me to become a better sniper." raising the datapad and showing it to him he continued "I found information about Force stealth... it suits me just fine."

The young man noticed that another one sentient approached him, looking inmediately, he could see @[member="Rasu Gan"] , the Padawan that went with him to the training scheduled for them in Obredaan. The man actually liked the way she handled herself back then and he couldn't just forget such times.

As soon as she showed up, Vex smiled at her as a greeting while he also let himself be heard "Rasu, it is a pleasure to meet you here... I am here with our fellow Knight talking about what I was looking for to train and to develop, just a small light reading I guess..." he said with a smirk and looking at the datapad "...and you?" said politely at the young girl.
@[member="Vulpesen"]

Relief flooded through Rasu in waves, as Vexander recognised the Shi'ido, her cheeks flushed a deep green colour again as he smiled warmly at the Padawan.

Bringing her hands up behind her head she answered the young man's question, "Oh you know...nothing exciting. Just looking through some old texts in an attempt to gain some knowledge from them. You're topic looks much more interesting though." Leaning over the man's datapad, she tried to catch a glimpse of the subject that the padawan had accessed from the archives. She suddenly remembered the Knights presence, so looking away from the datapad, she formally bowed, her hands clasped together, speaking to the Knight. "Forgive me Master, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Rasu Gan." she said, hand now extending towards the other man, hoping he would shake. Once the introductions were over, she turned back to Vex, her curiousity begging her to ask the question, "So Vex, what is this subject that you hope to train?"

@[member="Vexander Graves"]
@[member="Vulpesen"]

Akodya Mune

A
Rushing down the temple halls with her hands pulling and tugging at her long dark hair, Akodya struggled to walk and do her hair the same time. Holding her styling pins in her teeth as she tied the last bit of her hair into her trademark knotted bun. The young padawan had risen earlier then usual this morning hoping that the archives would be quiet enough for her to gather all the information she could find on one particular technique. She needed to have herself in prime condition for her upcoming mission, which meant Akodya wanted the very best abilities in her arsenal. For the past two weeks the human padawan had been training non stop, struggling to bring her psychical fitness up to it's stage before she was bedridden.

Blowing a that strand of hair that always refused to stay in place out of her hazel eyes Akodya slowly opened the door to the archives...

...Only to see three others studying in there. Stang.

Akodya let out a disappointed sigh before noting who it was that was lingering in the room in the wee hours of the morning. A smile spread across her face when it was in fact her Shi'ido friend @[member="Rasu Gan"] talking to another padawan she knew was called @[member="Vexander Graves"]...and a Jedi knight she had never met before. Rasu had slowly but surely broken down the glass barriers Akodya had kept around herself, and now she considered her one of her closest friends in the temple. Studying the green girl, Akodya felt there was something...off.

Rasu looked nervous and was struggling to hide it, her face going a darker green every time the male padawan spoke to her. Akodya knew what they were symptoms of. Resisting the urge to shoot the girl a smug look, she made her way over to the trio.

"Good morning," She greeted politely and dipped her head in a brief bow, before turning to look at the alien padawan. "What brings you here at this hour, Rasu?" She asked, hoping the girl picked up on what she was implying.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

The young girl turned in a darker color than the normal green she used to have in her face. Vexander couldn't understand the meaning of it but in the end he knew that he would have to know her better to actually learn the meaning of that.

She showed interest in Vex's subject and what his research was being aim at. He didn't actually think that it was that interesting for all of the Jedi. But in the end, that was a conclusion they all had to come up on their own.

"It has all the information I could find regarding advanced Force powers..." he offered the datapad to @[member="Rasu Gan"] for her to take it and look at it, he had nothing to hide afterall, at least not yet "...how to become invisible".

As soon as he finished, he noticed a newcomer, one that approached the whole team and that greeted all of them "Good morning" replied Vex, the girl was @Akodya Mune , a Padawan that Vex knew, but that never had the chance to talk to. Almost inmediately, she addresed @[member="Rasu Gan"] and inquired about the time and the location.

Trying to be polite, he just let the two of them talk without saying a word at all. He was determined to go ahead and train in what he had in his datapad, but didn't want to be rude and just walk away... he was learning not to be so distant from others... but he was indeed having a hard time doing so...

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Fascinated by what @[member="Vexander Graves"] was saying she eagerly took the datapad off him, reading the vast amount of text, the man had uploaded from the archives. Force Concealment, how to hide your Force Aura, all advance techniques but something she was sure Vexander could achieve. Rasu was so entranced by the data displayed on the screen that she didn't even notice @[member="Akodya Mune"] approach them. It wasn't until she politely greeted the trio that the Shi'ido looked up from the datapad and realised who it was. The smug look on the woman's face confused Rasu, it looked like she was trying to hold back a laugh, but why? There was nothing funny at all about their current situation. And then it hit her. You know don't you Akodya!? Oh you've always been good at reading my mind, she thought, hoping that the girl wouldn't do anything to embarrass Rasu in front of the two men.

Quickly answering the girls question, "Oh I'm just making sure I get a spot here before everyone else arrives, I had no idea that I'd run into any of you but it has been a pleasant surprise." she said, bringing the datapad up to her face to hide her flushed cheeks. Checking the shade in the reflection of the screen she wondered whether he cheeks could get any darker than they already were. Trying to save the situation before Akodya got there first, she turned back to Vex, only revealing her eyes and up from the top of the datapad, making it appear as though she was still entranced by the text, when in fact she just didn't want to show her darkened cheeks to the group. "So Vex, do you plan on learning these techniques? If so, I'd like to learn them also, as long as you don't mind. These abilities could prove useful."

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Arrol Balloch

A
@[member="Rasu Gan"], @[member="Vexander Graves"], @[member="Akodya Mune"], @[member="Vulpesen"]

Ah! Yes! I remember this. Arrol thought as he strolled through the vast Library in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He looked around at the place with it's high walls of data, cathedral columns reaching up a high ceiling, windows washed with Coruscant light bleeding down into the spacious areas for study. He could not remember the last time he was here, having decided to remain on Tython after his death. But now that repose had been disturbed and at the time he was annoyed by it, but now in retrospect, that blonde girl was the best thing that had happened to him. No this place had not changed at all, save for the faces, yes they are new. Fresh young Jedi beginning their path along their journey of life, before joining the force, like he. He watched some going about some business, as he moved on, they are very different now to the Jedi of his time, and Arrol still had not decided if it was a good thing or a bad thing... yet. But what he did know was that still have the heart of what it takes.

He had decided to be visible today, as he walked through the Library, it would not do to have his big booming voice reverberate around the Library, no this place demands the silence of the Graves. Ah! speaking of which!, he noticed a small group gathering together over a data pad, oh this took his interest indeed. The bearded one, yes the fellow had taste to grow one, was a face he had seen in the Marshes .. oh yes and so the others!

He approached them in his shimmering blue haze, with his hands folded behind his back and walked around behind them. "Hello Younglings, what pray tell, has caught your attention so?", he asked them all.

(OOC: Hell, can't a guy sleep without the world zooming past?)

Vulpesen raised an eyebrow. In fact, he had yet to learn how to truly hide in the forth, a hallmark skill for a Jedi shadow. "Come to think of it, I should likely learn this skill as well, being a shadow and all." Vulpesen said to @[member="Vexander Graves"] before turning to @[member="Rasu Gan"].
Looking at the younger padawan, he found himself in a moment of puzzlement. As mentioned before mentioned, he had just been promoted and he found it a bit strange to be referred to in such a respectful manner. "Um... Salutations. I'm Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso."

As he finished talking and listening to their exchange, Vulpesen sensed a troubled presence, running towards them, then turned to the newest arrival. Although they hadn't met, before he found it only right to be polite and introduce himself. "Hello, Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, and who are you?" He held a smile, sure he'd been lifted up higher in the ranks, but that was no reason to his smile with his padawan days. After all, he was still seventeen. @[member="Akodya Mune"]

Once again he turned his attention to Vex and Rasu Gen. "You mean force cloak? What have you found?" Vulpesen's interest had been fully peaked. This was a power he truly wanted to learn, as it would mark him for what he was, a shadow. Such an ability would make the job of searching out Sith artifacts so much easier. Or even recovering his lightsaber without getting himself killed.

The Jedi found himself quite amazed at the interest everyone showed up. They all seemed more than eager to start in the path to remain hidden, to avoid detection, to become ghosts and to hunt the darkside from darkness (even if it sounded contradictory).

Vexander's surprise increased at the time that a Force Ghost appeared in the middle of the Jedi Temple... a light presence that filled the room in a way that he have never seen before... he knew about the ethereal presence that a strong follower of the light would leave his or her physical body while keeping the conscious, memories and personality as part of the Force.

He was drawing too much attention now since his datapad and the information was becoming the center of the attention... still, he understood the curiosity they all had... and this was probing to be a wonderful moment to practice his "amazing" social skills... the ones that he didn't have at all.

Everyone was basically asking the same question and the young man decided to reply to all at the same time, starting by greeting the unknown Force Ghost "It is truly an honor Master" said with a bow... only a Master should be able to be a Force Ghost in the middle of the temple... a late Master but still, he used to be one "I was doing some research about Force cloak as Knight Torrevaso implied, the theory in my hand, all the uses it had and notable examples of Jedi who trained in such ways along with how to perform the feat..." extended his hand at @[member="Rasu Gan"] as a polite way to retrieve the datapad back "...I know that there are practitioners of such teachings around the Order at the moment, but this is something that I want to exploit on my own... I think that forcing myself and pushing my limits at my pace would be more beneficial... although I might be wrong"

@Rasu Gan, @[member="Arrol Balloch"] , @Akodya Mune, @Vulpesen

Rasu became startled again as another voice joined the group, she looked up from the datapad, still trying not to reveal her flushed cheeks, to discover a ghostly figure shrouded in dim, blue light approach them. Upon closer inspection, Rasu realised, completely astounded, that the figure was in fact a Force ghost. The soul and essence of a fallen Jedi, who had denied the Force's will, and were able to communicate those still a part of the Living Force. Rasu was lost for words, she had never seen anything like this, heard about it in documented recounts, but never experienced seeing one with her own eyes. So entranced was she by the apparitions appearance, that she didn't notice @[member="Vexander Graves"] hold out his hand to take back the datapad, until she turned back to the group to rejoin the conversation. Staring at the man's hand, she suddenly realised what he was implying and reluctantly handed back the datapad, hoping no one would notice her cheeks. With Vex finished talking, she quickly butted in, not wanting to give up the opportunity to learn a new technique and spend some more time with the human Padawan.
"Well as long as you don't mind Vex, would it be alright if I learned these techniques with you?"

@[member="Akodya Mune"]
@[member="Vulpesen"]
@[member="Arrol Balloch"]

The Shadow's eyes turned to @Arrol Baloch Internally, he was completely shocked and bouncing around his skull in excitement, however on the outside he kept himself calm and collected as ever. "Hello master. To whom do we owe the pleasure?" He gave a small bow, grinning as he thought of the stories he had read. He himself wished to do this some day(hopefully after a long time). Master is going to go ballistic when he hears of this! The thought of the old fox brought back memories. Long ago, he had heard of masters such as Surik, Gin, and Kenobi who had used the skill. Those had been some of Zarro's favorite jedi in history, and now Vulpesen was standing before someone who had learned the same ability.

Akodya Mune

A
"Sorry, I'm Akodya Mune, It's nice to make your acquaintance Master @[member="Vulpesen"]." She replied politely before another being slipped into the conversation. A figure of a bluish glow emerged and greeted them all, Akodya bowing in respect at the past master before snapping her head around at @[member="Vexander Graves"]'s words. Her hazel eyes widened slowly as she started down at the datapad that her friend @[member="Rasu Gan"] had borrowed off Vexander. A clocking technique? now that was interesting.

"Where did you find the information you'd need in order to learn it on your own? It's a pretty complex thing to learn I have heard." She blurted out before she could stop herself. Akodya cleared her throat and tried to suppress her excitement and regain her usual ever-so-formal composure. A skill like that could come in handy. She would have asked if she could come along to watch Rasu and Vex attempt to learn such a ability, but the padawan thought she might cramp her friend's style.

Judging by the way Rasu acted around this boy, she suspected she was be itching to have some time to get to know him alone.

Arrol Balloch

A
@Rasu Gan, @Vexander Graves, @Akodya Mune, @Vulpesen

What an excitable bunch they are! Arrol thought as he sensed some of their reactions, to both him and Vexander's will to train. "Well .. It is an honour to meet you all too!", he said with a smile. Arrol moved around the face them all to consider them, one by one. "Force Cloak, hmmm, interesting", he said raising his hand and stroking his beard in thought. "So tell me Vexander, what have you discovered thus far?". He was curious now.

"I believe that you will all, if you are all going to attempt this, need to being with intensive meditation?". He looked around the Library now, and spied a holographic of a Jedi Master on the wall near by, he moved over slightly toward and looked. It was a picture of Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, seated in a chair looking over the database, just as Vexander had done not long before. "Ah! Master Kenobi! I do believe he would have the answers your need, pity he is in repose elsewhere, find looking fellow don't you think?". He asked in an off hand way.

"Now, Vexander .. where do you plan to commence your study in this skill?".

Once again, the whole gathering began to ask a lot of questions... and it was not bothersome at all, or a drag at all, it was just that he was not ready to answer all of the questions at once.

He would be glad to share what he had, but the information had to stay with all of them since it was classified and his datapad too important to fall in the wrong hands. Nevertheless, he trusted all of them anyway.

"This is a compilation of records I found in the archives, information about who were notable practitioners, Force groups that used it and even ways of using it in the past." The young man caressed his beard... in a similar way that the Ghost did "I think that we should be able to start meditating on the matter on a quiet place with a lot of light... since I think that the Force cloak is based in a way in the ilumination available"

Pondering for a moment, the young man noticed that working together would be even more beneficial for the lot... but what if they were not interested to join all of them? "I can transfer the information to all of you... but for me, I think that we can go to the Meditation Garden?" Said while looking at @[member="Arrol Balloch"]

@Rasu Gan, @Akodya Mune, @Vulpesen

Arrol Balloch

A

"A Fine place indeed Padawan Graves, the gardens are nice, however, there is the possibility of being disturbed, now this is only a suggestion, but I know a place on Tython that would do the trick". he smiled, "This means travel for you all .. but see what you can find on the Silent Desert there on that database, I think that would be more conducive to your needs".

He walked a little away from them at this moment, he would not influence them to much, but he is there to guide them if they require it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Desert

@Rasu Gan, @[member="Arrol Balloch"] , @Akodya Mune, @Vulpesen

The young man smirked... his inexperience was obvious at the decision about the location, perhaps it would be wise to heed the words of someone so experienced that could be one with the Force and still remain in the physical plane.

Bowing politely, the young man offered his respect at the Force Ghost that was sharing his knowledge. "I would be even more than honored to follow your recommendation... however I have little knowledge about where is the place located. Perhaps you could provide us with the direction?" asked the man, hoping that the light entity would do much more than provide the direction and instead, Vex hoped that he would guide them there. Either way, the young man would follow the directions to such place to work quietly in the training and the first steps to increase his own knowledge about the situation.

((OOC: Arrol, you are free to let us know, if you want to take us there, we can do a time skip to when we get there. If you don't then I'll just find a way to take all of us there. ))

Arrol Balloch

A

Ah! Impatient the bearded one is, he thought. However, that can be an advantage as well. He walked back to them chuckling lowly in his voice. "The Silent Desert is located on Tython, find yourselves a ship and make haste", he said and disappeared from their mind's eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Silent Desert of Tython, a vast desert totally void of sound. It is an old place, over thousands of years Jedi would come and study here, when the Temple of Qigong Kesh was open for business. They would come because of the silence, to philosophies and meditate in the quietness of their minds. The desert affords no distractions barring the ones of their own minds. Although there is the winds, you can not hear them, the sounds of the engines of ships and vehicles vanish as they enter the desert, they will not even hear their own heart beat.

Arrol upon learning Padawan Graves wished to come here, immediate left .. for him travel is instant and so he waited in the sands near the Old Temple of Qigong Kesh. However, the Tho Yor, that pyramidal structure is no longer here, the four pronged nature amphitheatre remains.

He looked up into the skies, the day is hot and clear, but that will not effect him, he hope they had brought with them enough provisions to out stay their time here. Ah! A ship on the horizon, he smiled. Her reached out with the force and located the bearded one, and spoke. Let the force guide you to my location, he said to the man in his mind.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Qigong_Kesh

Vexander couldn't believe his eyes and what just happened. With an astonished demeanor, he just watched how the Force Ghost disappeared from their presence after offering the place and location where they could start exploring the deeper mysteries of the Force.

Looking back at all the presents, the young man proceeded to nod at them since they were all present. "I guess that... I'll get some supplies and head out to the Hangar... I might get us a shuttle" Vex looked especially at @[member="Rasu Gan"] who was the other Padawan interested in the training, the others might be as well, but they didn't express their desire like she did "I am leaving for the moment, take care everyone"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The young man didn't know where he was going, still, he managed to provide general information to the authorities of the temple and they allowed him to take a shuttle. The young man waited patiently for a couple of hours once he got the supplies to remain in the place for quite some time... and once he thought he was ready along those who decided to come with him, he left.

Vexander was still a Padawan, but his knowledge of the Force increased a lot since the first time he set foot on the Temple under Master Syn. Too many battles, scars, blood and sweat... but he came all the way to this point, and he would master the technique to continue with his personal vow.

A feeling... a whisper... through the Force, @[member="Arrol Balloch"] was guiding him towards their location: The Silent Desert on Tython. Lately, his mind was too occupied for the his visions, he was too immersed in the idea of learning such an useful technique... It was not that he was ignoring them, he was still learning slowly in how to embrace them, but they were just extremely difficult to control and to withstand.

Eventually, the Justice Class shuttle was brought down close to where Arrol was, and once that they were there, Vexander proceeded to exit the ship looking back to see if his Jedi comrades were following him... hoping that they would since he didn't have a clue what he could do to learn... or what he could do to even share what he would be finding out about the cloaking technique.

Once close to the Force Ghost, the young man bowed his head deeply out of respect at the knowledge and the advices that he would share "Master, I have arrived... hope I didn't make you wait far too long..."

@Akodya Mune, @Vulpesen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom