Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Shadow Wings

This wasn't one of those times when a quick flick of something smart rolling off her tongue would back them up or make them think twice. Nope this was one of those times where a serious mind was needed.

She looked around how many in the room now....green eyes scanned. Wayyy to many she thought might be in over my head...maybe...she smiled. The last time she wandered into a cantina to make a contact she got real paranoid about it all, course that how she met Hawk Solo Hawk Solo and the woman in black NPC Treasury NPC Treasury but that was a few months back. Hutt space had gone well, she got the shipment and delivered it. So..her cover was in tact.

But this. This had to be something else, something she said, did here and now or..she was imaging things.

Lila was at the ship surely tapping her foot by now and wondering what was taking so long. She'd need a good explanation.

"So why don't one of you gather up that single brain cell you obviously share and tell me what the feth is going on" She slid her hands to hips nodding her head. What as the name of this place again...Nacronis.

"Storm isza coming we can toss er out in it"

Rekha looked over, "Really...that's your best shot?"

Glares from every pair of eyes in the room. Well she had stepped into it this time.

"So you're unhappy, don't particular like what I got to say. I get it. I annoy a lot of people." She wanted to rest her hand on the blaster which hung on her hip but that would definitely send the wrong signal.

Low grunts come from both sides of the room. "Yeah..I just need information. And location and with that I'll go on my merry and you want have to worry about it." She would have to worry about it and not let it show that she was worried about. Maybe she should have called a friend or two. Too late now for that thought.

"What is it you want to know?" That deep guttural voice from the darkness seemed to resonate around the room. She could feel it moving through her it was un-nerving.

"I need to know if anywhere here has seen sith movements, or TS troops"

Low laughter moved like an infection from one to another until everyone except Rekha was laughing. Obviously from their reaction she had missed something.

Bad feeling.

"You want to know about troops, well we can help you with that"

"Great" but then everything went dark.

What kind of people would come and live on a planet devastated years ago. It was as bad as Jakku no Jakku might be closer to liveable than Nacronis. Operation Cinder had left its mark here, but then what better place for the movement of troops in a place that no one wanted to be at except.

Rekha was dreaming as she thought about the ones that had surrounded her except these guys. Breathers were something to keep on hand, if caught in the storms it would kill you.

Slowly she opened her eyes she reached up and touched the large lump on the back of her head. The room was dimly lit. Someone didn't want her to know who they were yet, or she was alone. She didn't know.

"Where am I?"

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated
Mandalorians were a very hands on bunch, they liked doing things themselves. Many of them held the belief that delegating to others a task you yourself weren't willing to do was a sure sign that you weren't worthy of leadership in the first place. Shuklaar was no exception to this rule. That said, he really wasn't expecting to end up on this worthless dustball of a planet on his own with that suicidal di'kut of droid Jare'la as his only backup. Well, that, and the gunship he'd told to keep its distance till he needed a pickup. A Mandalorian warship in orbit would have definitely scared off whoever he was supposed to meet with, that much was for sure. That, and it would have attracted the attention of the shabuire he'd come here to get information on.

Shuklaar himself was about what most people expected of a Mandalorian. Quiet, a sense of humor drier than the hottest day on Tatooine and carrying enough weapons to arm a small militia. While most would argue that Mandalorians were far from subtle, Shuklaar also knew that given the number of Mandalorians in the bounty hunting and mercenary trade, hiding in plain sight would be far too easy. So, trying to remember how it felt to be anything other than the glorified watchman he'd been for the past several years, he kept walking casually to the meeting point with Jare'la bobbing in the wind at his side.

One of those shabla slitstorms was brewing, or so the sensors in his armor and his own eyes seemed to make him believe. Environmental filters and hermetically sealed armor or not, he did not want to be out here when it started in full. Luckily, if his armor's sensors were to be believed, the cantina where he was supposed to meet the di'kut with the information wasn't far. In fact, he could see it now in the near distance. About the same sort of dump you could expect on a world like this. Something about the place, however, made him uneasy. He chalked it up to this place being a deadworld for the most part. Shuklaar wasn't superstitious, but the knew that the dead liked their privacy. Who in their right mind would live here was completely beyond him.

He was tempted to walk in with his PPC-01 Phased Pulse Cannon cradled in his arms, but that would send a far worse message than a heavily armed and armored Mandalorian walking in through the front door. Let alone one with a droid that was also carrying a PPC-01. He stopped short of the entrance and turned to look at his companion, "Well, it's now or never, Jar'ika. Don't shoot anyone until I say so, tayli'bac (understand)?" The droid gave him a sad but affirmative beep in response. Shuklaar snorted his exasperation, and walked in through the door, expecting to have every gun in the Cantina aimed at him, but hoping they wouldn't be.

Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde

There was a sudden hush and she could hear the rustle of feet, "look" the whispers came.

"What, I want to see"

A gruff laugh came from the corner, "unexpected company. Let her up everyone should see one"

They let Rekha up she looked, "ohhh.....a tin can and its pet. Can't remember the last time" She could her mandalorian was pretty good living on Bespin had brought her in contact with one or two, but it was her travels like this that got her the most exposure. But what the feth was one doing way over here...she stood there thinking.

Bounty?

Oh...maybe that's why it got quiet. "You're afraid its here for you. Is there a fob? ."

Course...she looked back, "I need the contact name and where to find him let me go do what you will with the tin can" Laughter always laughter. "Whose more dangerous me or" she tilted her head.

Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Shuklaar Kyrdol

The benefit of a helmet with a pineal eye sensor was that you didn't have to turn your head to get a nice view of just about everyone in the room with you, and one thing became immediately clear to Shuklaar; the sight of a well armed, fully armored Mandalorian had the same effect on this planet as it did on more than a few others. That was good, it was something he definitely planned on using to his advantage. He didn't acknowledge any of the looks being thrown his way, and walked straight to the bar, slowly and purposefully.

No one he knew could accuse him of being very subtle, and that went for the few aruetiise he associated with as well. He certainly had no plan of being very subtle here either. He dropped one armored fist down on the bar to get the bartender's attention, if he hadn't already managed that with his approach. With his left hand, he slowly and purposefully reached into one of the armored pouches on his belt, skirting near where his Kal knife was sheathed. When he withdrew it, he placed down a shiny aurodium nugget the size of a single segment of a man's thumb on the counter and without averting his gaze from the bartender, intoned, "Two things. One, a glass of the strongest stuff you have on hand. Two, I'm looking for information."

He shifted his weight to his left side, leaning on his left hand which stayed close to the aurodium nugget, his right falling back down belt, just above where the grip of his LRH-5A Verpine Shatter Pistol lay snugly in his thigh holster. He opened a picture-in-picture feed of what Jare'la could see and glanced around the room himself, not needing to move his head even once. Only once he was satisfied that no one was immediately reaching for weapons to try and shoot him in the back, did he return his attention to the bartender to see what they had to say about his request.

They could all hear...he wanted information..

Ut oh...hmmm....she made a face as she thought about it she wished her hands were free. Then she got an idea. It wasn't her best one but it might have some impact.

"Let me talk to him" She smiled, "I tend bar on three different planets and speak like four languages." None of it was a lie. The thugs in the room looked at her again. They seemed to have an idea of their own.

"Maybe we trade you."

"ME? For what?'" As far as she knew there were no bounties, and her name was not known anywhere, and....yeah that was about it. She wasn't on the radar for anyone.

Another laugh.

In the meantime the bartender looked at the Mandalorian he didn't want any trouble, and he wasn't sure he would have what he wanted. The bartender grabbed a bottle and a glass. Not the cleanest thing but at least it would hold the liquor, "This will burn all the way down...as for information" He leaned on the bar, "What kind of information"

Rekha leaned....maybe she could hear....she looked to her right "I need the name....think of all the lives you could save."

Feth. The leader of the thugs leaned closer, "What you offer?"

What did she offer...."What do you want?"

Shuklaar Kyrdol

When your face was hidden by the easily recognizable black Mandalorian characteristic t-visor, and your voice masked by the distortions of your helmet's annunciator, it was easy to say just about anything without subtle changes in your expression or inflections in your voice giving you away. Shuklaar had the benefit that he wasn't lying, only he was trying to be subtle. That however, was a tall order given he had to try and hide some of the pure hatred he felt for The Sith Empire and their ilk. Bastards had invaded the Mandalore sector because of the failures of a few, and those who had nothing to do with the politics of Cadera or Australis were now suffering, or were already dead if they were lucky.

"Information on newcomers. I hear there's a lot of them. I'm happy to pay well, and I'll be out of your fine establishment if you're forthcoming," he said evenly. "Someone here knows what I'm looking for, and it's better for everyone involved if they don't make me come and find them." Shuklaar had been around enough to know that if someone was going to be di'kutla enough to try something, it would be comedically timed around now, when they least expected him to do something. Instead of hovering at his side, his hand closed around the grip of his LRH-5A. Every single combat honed sense in his body was telling him that something here was very wrong, but he couldn't quite place it just yet. Although, he had a funny feeling he was about to find out soon enough.

Newcomers now that rang a bell with the bartender, "They got a newcomer in the back right now." He leaned a bit closer, "but she's touched in the head I doubt she's got what you need."

Rekha was not really good at reading lips though she was able to catch a couple words."touched in the head...what the feth, I'll show him whose touched in the head" She went to move but was reminded that she was currently not free to move as she wanted.

"WHAT do you offer woman"

Oh yeah....she looked over, "I got credits."

Laughter, "everyone has credits of some kind...I need something else"

On a planet where everything had to come in a sealed package, she could imagine multiple things he could need..."Ride off this rock to wherever you want"

A pause, he grabbed her by the shoulder and shoved her out into the room for the other newcomer to see. "What you pay for information?" He addressed Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Rekha stumbled forward, now this was getting out of hand shoving her about like some sack of bantha poodoo. "OH no..." A blaster presented for up close and personal inspection stopped her.

She was going to have to do something she wanted to avoid.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

For the first time since he'd walked into this cantine, Shuklaar found himself in agreement with someone in the establishment. Yes, he very much doubted that whoever this woman was that she was who he was looking for. Maybe he'd gotten lucky and locals had picked up someone in Imp intelligence, but still the chances of that happening were so low he might as well hope Carnifex would kill his lackeys and then himself before handing them back the shabla Mandalore sector on a silver shabla platter.

Before he could open his mouth to say something, his helmet's aural sensors picked up the sounds of indistinct conversation, or in the very least at this distance it was indistinct. Intervening objects more likely. "I doubt as well, but I'd like to see her nonetheless," he said. Little did he know that without the bartender moving, that was just what was about to happen. He saw a woman shoved out into the room, and then got a good look at the chaavla chaakar who'd shoved her out.

Shuklaar wasn't the best at reading people, and he was no shabla jetii either, but he had a feeling that this woman had nothing to do with the Sith or their Empire. Just a feeling. He turned his helmet ever so slightly so he was looking at the man who'd just spoken, "That depends on how good the information is." He paused for the briefest of moments before adding, "And I'll be the judge of how good your information is." He stared into the man's eyes until he was certain that he'd understood just what how serious he was before he added, "Who's she?" He nodded in Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde 's direction before for emphasis.

Who is she?! What he didn't know! This all made her smile which might lend to the notion that she was touched in the head. She looked up from her position kneeling on the floor.

She did not know what he wanted other than information, but what information? If by chance it was the information she was after then he presented another problem he was competing with her for it. Which could lead to more shooting, yelling, and...mayhem. One thing was obvious he was mandalorian.

She sighed, "I can speak for myself thank you." She struggled up to her feet, a few of the other stepped back either to give her room, or to get a better shot. Who the feth knew with these idgits.

"I'm Rekha Kaarde" She smiled, not that he should know her name and if he did she'd be quite surprised. Her green eyes scanned the room not much had changed except the addition of the mandalorian.

"I think his information sucks." She wouldn't add that she thought that this was just the point of contact for the one person with the information. She wouldn't give that away. Competition.

She had heard that some of the mando'ade were working for the Sith for all she knew this guy could also be looking to shut people up about things. Oh.....now she had to consider that. Competition or Enemy?

Shuklaar Kyrdol

The smile on the woman's face gave Shuklaar some pause. Something in the situation made her believe that she finally had an advantage she could make use of, and he didn't know whether that should worry him or relieve him. Either way, he was intrigued. He resisted the urge to chuckle when she said that she could speak for herself. She still had some fight in her, this one. A smile slowly crept on his face underneath his helmet.

Kaarde, now there was a name he swore he'd heard before...but it was also one of those names that seemed familiar. He ran a quick check on her, making sure that there were no outstanding bounties, and if there were, who from. He didn't intend to collect either way, but who had a bounty on you often said a lot of about your allegiance. As he waited for the search to resolve, he returned his attention to the woman, who added that she thought the chaavla chaakar's information was awful .

He sighed, "You know, Ms. Kaarde, somehow I'm inclined to believe you. So I'm going to make this absolutely clear for everyone involved. All I want, is information on those Sith bastards." He reached into one of the pouches on his belt and pulled out a chunk of aurodium the size of an adolescent's balled up fist. Worth a fair bit to anyone who knew how to fence it properly, and placed it on the table. His left hand stayed on top of it, while his right pulled his LRH-5A free of its holster. "I just want the information. And it had better be good."

Inside she felt it confirmation he was competition for the information. Feth. She frowned and looked down at the floor. Feth feth feth. What to do next what to say. How to react to all of this now.

She had no love of the Sith. And from what the tin can was saying he didn't either. She decided to get up. She pushed up from her knees a little wobbly but she made it. A few people backed up.

She turned to look at those that had bound her hands, "I need that name." She looked to what Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol put up as an offering. She stepped a bit closer, aurodium. The yellow glean was unmistakable. What could she do with that. She looked to the mando.

She moved to a chair sitting down with a noticeable thump. She could just give up she could just say have. Instead she pulled her legs up slipped her hands to the front, a bit of pain on the twisty end then she stood up. Everyone was moving watching her she smiled.

I can't leave without knowing what the movements are
. She looked again, the Bartender was looking at the aurodium, he grunted slightly the greed reflected in his eyes. How many people in this room actually knew the name of the person they needed to talk to?

"He clearly has the better offer Captain." She nodded, "He appears to especially with the business end of blaster to re-enforce his barter." She sat there...thinking.

She only had one thing to lose, her life but the information could help them in their fight. "How many questions will that bring up around here? Hmmm, and knowing this lot you're wondering if he has more. You're wondering what does the other guy know that you don't, and how valuable is it really."

She looked at the faces closest to her, "The mando says he hates sith, great...give him the name let the cookie crumbs fall where they will."

He was overpaying for a name, the real info was with the informant.

She had this honest streak that she sometimes wished would dry up and flitter away. There was some movement as nods and looks were exchanged to let her go. A quick slip of a blade and she was free. She rubbed her wrists all while shaking her head. "The informant will want twice that...these guys...they don't know movements. Only the name." If the storm troopers find the aurodium they'll kill everyone to find out where it came from this grand gesture while it would solve problems for them, it painted targets on all of them.

Her plan ask the mando for the name to the informant and go from there. It would become a race against time she only had four hours left on her permit and the night raids were going to begin soon.

She had a feeling that everyone in the room would be looking for the informant too...how did something simple begin to look so complicated

Shuklaar Kyrdol

There were times that Shuklaar knew that he didn't have what it took to complete a job. In his youth, that had happened not long after he'd become bloody and bruised, but he'd gotten smarter over the years. Some osik about old men in professions where men die young came to mind momentarily. He wasn't old yet, but there was something to be said surviving to reach forty given the life he'd led.

Just watching Ms. Kaarde slip her hands out in front of her after sitting down gave him an idea that while she may not have been Sith intelligence like he'd fleetingly suspected, but she definitely wasn't some amateur who blundered into the situation. He'd have been tempted to dismiss this all as luck if he hadn't seen the way she'd been tackling the situation thus far.

He listened carefully to what Ms. Kaarde said, first to this apparent 'captain', and then to him. She was right, this informant was more than likely to cost them plenty, and the Sith had cost them plenty enough in ways that no amount of aurodium could fix, which was why he'd been ready to pay so much. Though he knew he wasn't going to get far on his own, and he had a feeling that she could be quite useful. He doubted she would be out of the goodness of her heart, but he had a feeling that he knew just what might make her cooperative.

He let out a sigh in the privacy of his helmet. This was either going to work extremely well or it was going to explode in his face. Shuklaar looked from Rekha to the man in charge of those who were holding her, "Name, location, and her hands free, and we have a deal. Think about this, if this is how much I'm willing to pay, think about how much I want those shabuir dead and just what I'll do to anyone that's stupid enough to help them. Willingly or not." He then glanced in Rekha's direction, "Ms. Kaarde, if it wasn't obvious, I'd like to offer you a job."

Aww feth just when she thought she was getting somewhere the mando turned....into a someone with a bargaining chip. Kark, she looked at the floor and tried her very best not to giggle or laugh. This wasn't her day was it.

She reached up to rub her forehead. Waiting while a few more glances came her way she then smiled, shrugging her shoulders with a mouthed WHAT! She wasn't that dangerous...least not in her mind maybe in theirs and maybe that was a plus! She just smiled as she considered the offer

A bit of a nod as chuckles the leader of the bunch spoke out loud, "Name, location, and the Captain." He looked to Rekha, "Hey I'm just a fly on the wall right now....just waiting my turn..." She tipped the chair back looking to make sure no one was doing something stupid.

"You know if he has whistling birds..you are all dead...and maybe me to..so consider all things...really" She looked to the tin can, "So you are offering me a job...." Still wearing that same grin, "I don't kill people unless they make it impossible not to. I don't like Sith, nothing but trouble......"

Chuckles had just enough of Rekha talking, "You will take her out of here like now"

OH a quick move from behind lifted her hands to get the cuffs off..."next time baby..." She looked to Chuckles...."the rest...if you please"

Chuckles sighed and shook his head, "Mando she ain't worth it, she'll talk you to death wishing you could kill her."

"I'm insulted" She wasn't she was secretly please.

"Out near the sea of souls, can't miss it only hut out there"

Rekha got up, the Sea of Souls that wasn't on the map or even listed as a location she looked back the bartender offered a bit more detail, "Its the cemetery"

A chill ran down Rekha's spine, yeah Narconis after Operation Cinder....everyone, everything died. It made sense now Sea of Souls. Rekha nodded, "Night raids are starting...I know where they are talking about."

Shuklaar Kyrdol

GREAT ESCAPE
Shuklaar nodded once to confirm that was indeed what he wanted when the man in charge gave voice to his request. He glanced over at Rekha, wondering if he'd made the right call for a brief moment. Unfortunately, only time would tell. He chuckled and shook his head in response to the antics unfolding in front of him. Ms. Kaarde mentioned that he could easily kill them all if he had 'whistling birds'. It was what the di'kute neighbors called nano missile launchers apparently, and those he most certainly did have.​
The di'kute in charge spoke again, this time telling him that he was going to take her off their hands immediately. He nodded, "That is the intention. So stop wasting both our times and let's get this moved on, shall we?" He sighed when the man mentioned that she wasn't worth it. "That's why I've got sonic dampeners in my helmet," he replied, completely deadpan. He nodded again when he mentioned the location of his...their...new objective. He was about to bring up planetary map data using the keywords mentioned by both the bartender and his boss when Ms. Kaarde spoke again. "As much fun as a firefight with the Imps sounds like, let's not, best we get moving then."
He turned and waited for his new travelling partner to make the first move, still running a search on his HUD, just in case. Ret'lini. It always paid to have a backup plan just in case. He hadn't live this long by being careless. Somehow, however, he didn't feel like she was likely to double cross him. She was resourceful and confident, but not stupid. Whether he liked it or not, he could use her help, and whether she liked it or not, he'd just bailed her out of what was sure to be trouble. He was also offering a job, a job he could certainly afford to pay well. Credits they had. Credits wouldn't last, but talent like this didn't always present itself.​

FETH, Feth feth......she smiled the whole time though. She now owed the tin can a favor..kark...yeah yeah...ok....yep...get it together Kaarde now is not the time to lose your marbles. Her blaster was returned to her.

She hated the idea of owing..it was like this giant six foot chain that would attach itself to her neck, dragging her back and tugging every so often to say HEY WORMO YOU SCREWED UP!

Deep breath. very deep. She looked finally to Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol .

"Night raids, more about bombs and terror than capture. but it will make getting to the Sea of Souls.. like..well...ever play whack-a-womp rat? They will drop em and we will be running..." She looked at the bar yeah..what to do about them..."You all know I'll be back..right...probably a lot sooner than you think"

A round of laughter filled the air. She liked that and didn't know why really but them laughing well it made her feel good.

She looked at her...new....companion...."You can call me Rekha." All the years she had tended bar in all the odd places of the galaxy she had picked up a few languages, Huttese because it was in her best interest to know it, 4 or 5 sentences in Wookie, Old Corellian, Smugglers Cant...and Mand'oa. Why? Because they like their liquor strong enough to put hair on their chests..........the arms..........their legs................and..all other spots.

She headed for the door knowing he would come along, as they would emerge from the cantina people would be running, passed them trying to make it home, or find a good hiding place.

She decided now she would ask him, "Meg hwa Ni Juha gar? (what should I call you?) She most certainly could go around calling him Tin Can, and yeah she wanted to show off. She couldn't give a speech in but she knew enough to get through it.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

GREAT ESCAPE
He had a feeling that was the case. The dar'jetii and those that followed them had just as much as a penchant for destruction and devastation as they did for abducting people for their own nefarious purposes. Once she was finished filling him in on just how the shabuire operated on this planet, she turned and told her erstwhile captors that she'd be back. He wondered just what it was that she wanted here so badly, but knew better than to press the matter here and now. Perhaps later.​
She turned around and told him how he could address her. First name. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't surprised. He was content with calling her Ms. Kaarde, but perhaps a degree of familiarity would do them good. He followed her to the door and drew his LRH-5A Verpine Shatter Pistol grip first and held it out to her, grip first. He was about to ask her if she knew how to use one, though he had a good feeling that she did, when she surprised him by speaking Mando'a.​
"Shuklaar," he said after a moment's consideration as to where she might have picked up Mando'a. "Your Mando'a's not bad. Do you know how to use this?" he asked, nodding at the proffered pistol. Mando'a was his first language, but he didn't know how fluent she was, even if he was mildly impressed that she knew as much as she did. Not many aruetiise bothered to pick up much if any of the language. He took a breath and then added, "How do you suggest getting to our objective without being blown to haran (hell) and back?" Whether he liked it or not, she knew her way around, and so he was definitely going to have to defer to her. Though Shuklaar found himself being begrudgingly impressed by Ms. Kaarde the more he got to know her.​

"Shuklaar, interesting." she laughed, "yeah mand'oa is a tongue twister and seems to come form somewhere in the throat and belly. Course it was a bit easier the huttese. thank the goddess for that. My line of work knowing a few languages beneficial."

She looked about while keeping back, her gaze naturally went up the search lights gave the raiders targets. "Today is a good day for someone else to die." She couldn't remember how to say it but he would likely recognize it. She took the pistol, "aim the other end pull the trigger?" She smiled, she tended to try to be funny when faced with odds not exactly in her favor. "In case my humor grates your nerves, the answer is yes."

"This place has a terrible history Shuklaar, the fact that anyone would want to live on this rock with storms, and anything just should tell you how desperate they are. How...some can't leave." She looked at him..well looked at the helmet. "Without giving away any secrets.....how far ahead can you see in a storm in that...heat signatures...?" She drew it out like to say ya know will you know they are there if we can't see them..

The Sea of Souls was going to take through out of this lovely community and then out into the open. If you could call it open in the dark you can't see much swirls of sand and dirt, and anyone who really wanted to could pick you off with a blink. She didn't want to be a blink but...they needed out of here.

She was also using this time to get her bearings.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

y43pnZR.jpg

GREAT ESCAPE
Interesting didn't cover it. His parents had thought that he might make a name for himself someday. Apparently they were right. If anyone had asked him prior to when the dar'jetii had showed up if he felt it was for the right reasons he'd have confidently answered affirmatively. Now? Now he really wasn't sure. He chuckled when heard her remark that today was a good day for someone else to die. It was one of Shuklaar's favorite Mando'a phrases, his go to rallying cry many a time. If Aran Netra or Ragar Nihut'tyr were asked, they'd probably half joke that it was the only one he used. Maybe they were right, but it sure as haran was a good one. "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur," he repeated in Mando'a. "It's always a good day for someone else to die," he agreed.​
"That about sums it up," he remarked when she amusingly confirmed she knew how to use his proffered Verp pistol. "Humor's a good asset in any line of work; yours or mine." He'd hazard a guess that she was a spy, he'd had that suspicion and had seen little to make him doubt said suspicions. In fact, what he'd seen and witnessed all but confirmed it. He sure as shab knew better than to ask her outright. If she wanted him to know, she'd tell him, and that's when he'd actually start to get worried.​
He was vaguely aware of the planet's history, and so he absentmindedly nodded. That said, he could very much sympathize with the plight of the people on planet. He was reminded of those who they were forced to leave behind on Breshig. Their fellow Mando'ade, however di'kutla they'd been, that they'd left behind to die. He wished he could do something to help here. That was another war, another war they couldn't afford to entirely get involved in. The Rekha spoke about them gave him the impression she knew something about what it felt like. "As much as it hurts, can't save them all," he said, solemnly.​
Pragmatism replaced what came before. He answered her next question easily. In these conditions, most sensor suits and visor systems had a lot of trouble compensating. His did too, but top of the line as they were, and designed for operating in extremely harsh conditions, they weren't quite out of the fight just yet. "100 meters visually and with infrared. Life forms good to about maybe five hundred in these conditions. I wouldn't trust it farther than that," he responded, turning his head in her direction, despite the fact that he didn't need to do so to be able to see her. He'd learned it often helped when dealing with aruetiise, they were rightfully not used to talking to the side or back of one's helmet.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom