Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow of the Day {Circe}

Ord Mantell:
Sven Village, Market District:

I've been told that all Sekairos end up on Ord Mantell at some point. At one point there was a village near Fort Mcken that was home to nearly a dozen of us. Of course it had to have been attacked by raiders and burned down... Feth... If it was only still standing... I could meet my family and get off this hell hole. And inform them of my mother's passing... or capture. Though the latter is unlikely. Yuo'Rain would have come back to get me if she was alive, and she wouldn't just sit still in a cell. Smugglers probably killed her for whatever credits she owed them.

Hopefully I would not meet that same fate. Dying alone was not part of my life plan... Especially if it happened before I was able to see my brother again. Tian'Dar was on Coruscant, and had probably joined the Jedi Order or something by now. After all it's been two years since I've seen him. Three months since Mum disappeared... To bad I don't still have Aunt's number. Ven would rush in and save me if she knew. Mum said she always regretted not getting to know her sister better. I don't want to make that same mistake.

The second I get off this planet I'm looking for Ven. She'll want to know about her sister, Tian, and me. I just hope she's still alive... Being a mad merc isn't exactly a 'safe' job after all. Aunty may be tough, but there are still people tougher than her. Just not many. According to Mum, at least. I don't doubt her. We Sekairos are known for being strong, independent people. Females mostly. The males are better known for usually being intelligent, and more of them have been born force sensitive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quietly I walked through the market place, observing the various merchants. The shadow of the day hung over the village, casting darkness onto the various stalls. Ord Mantell's sun had yet to finish rising over the horizon. This was where and when I made my money. Stealing silently from unknowing vendors. A simple task most days. Only troublesome part was figuring out who to rob. And I had to be careful how often I did it, and how much I take. Eventually they'd notice and put cameras up. That would not be good.

Approaching a stand I pretended to look over the merchandise, while really just waiting for the right moment.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

Merchandise. At a Subach office located here at word Mantell. Mostly what was sold here were either surplus Imperial blaster pistols and tri-shotguns, the rare Mist atomizing pistol, and of course many wrists of the Kalash K74. Some used guns were for resale as well, along with SIA-C construction exoskeletons. They had the helmet of the APA the Fringe used... a possible clue to a deal?

"Welcome to the store. Care to look around?" If Ire knew anything about her aunt, she would recognize the described appearance of the woman coming to meet her. Green skin, sultry demeanor... Circe Savan.

@[member="Ire'Rain Sekairo"]

A voice caught me off guard, causing me to flinch slightly. Recovering slightly I turned to the speaker. My eyes widened. Something was behind her, a huge-... Nope. Blinking a couple times made the 'monster' vanish. Just another hallucination. Damn, those were getting annoying. Taking a breath I tried to calm down. The rate at which my heart was beating was to fast. If this woman noticed the slight thumping or my nerves... it could all be over. Glancing over the woman I tried to see if she had been here before. Nothing about her looked familiar. Now to think of a reasonable lie... It hit me. Ven. I knew little of my Aunt, but a merc would be interested in weapons, wouldn't she?

"I, um... yeah. I'm looking for something to get my Aunt Ven'Rain for her birthday. She's in need of a new blaster. Last one broke, and she doesn't have the parts to fix it," I lied. If all went well the lady wouldn't catch my bluff, and would simply go over what was available. This wasn't a good stall to steal from... but it was a place to come back to once I had some credits. Getting a good weapon was high on my priority list.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

"You know I'm your aunt's employer, right? And I make sure all her weapons are in good shape? Yeah... Sorry, I don't think so." The young woman would find herself lifted off the ground ever so slightly, enough that she wouldn't be able to easily run away as the youthful Circe Savan moved closer to her, circling her like a predatory animal. "So let's start the easy way. What 'a your name and relation to Ven?"

The best part about being close to a family was that you knew so much about them. And lies slid through the cracks like water through holes in the wood.

Gulp. I thought Ven was a freelancer? Did she finally settle down with just one group? Either that or this lady was crazy... crazier then me. And apparently force sensitive. My stomach lurched as I was lifted, and I struggled for a moment, trying to get back on the ground. Failing miserably I looked back at the woman, eyes wide. It took a second, but I decided to answer honestly. Further punishment would not be fun. Then again... she wouldn't know if I was being honest, would she? She knows Ven, but does she know about Ven's relatives?... I can't take the risk that she does.

"Oi! Put me down!... I'm... I'm Ire'Rain, daughter of Yuo'Rain Sekairo-Tven and her husband Kiet Tven. Ven's... Ven's my aunt, I swear! Though she probably hasn't mentioned me... Her and mum were never really that close. Yuo lived with her dad, while Ven lived with their mum. But they talked sometimes, after Yuo reunited with Grandma Sea'Rain. Please, let me down! I'm telling the truth," I answered. My legs were still flailing, desperate to reach the safety of the ground. Being up in the air like this made me nervous.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

And she did. "Intriguing. Ven never talked much about your family... I assume you heard about how she recovered from her accident?" A soft sigh elicited from Circe's lips as she mentioned it, not wanting to remember the hardship of having to help Ven recover from whatever trauma had dug its way into her skull and damaged her memories. "I can only hope her mind heals fully soon. She's a wonderful woman... But anyways. Why try to steal something?"

She raised an eyebrow, curious as to what Ire was trying to do here.

Grunting as I hit the ground I sent Ven's boss a little glare. I didn't like being pushed around, even if it was the force that was pushing me. Brushing off the dust that had gotten on my trousers I stood back up, trying to appear taller then I was. Well, and older then I was. Being only 13 had its drawbacks. If I at least appeared older, I-... Wait, people have more sympathy for younger kids, especially the homeless kind. Perhaps this lady would assist me, at least partially? After all, she seems to be close to Aunty.

"I... I haven't heard about the accident. Or really anything about her for about three years now. After my brother left Mum stopped talking about family. Mum and me came here on a smuggling mission, delivering goods to a shady merchant. But he had enemies... Mum was caught, and I assume killed. I've been stuck her for three months, without a ship or family to stay with... I was going to try and get credits from merchants... most of them don't pay as much attention in the morning as they do in the afternoon... I'm sorry..." My apology wasn't very heartfelt, and the lady could probably tell. But I needed those credits. Running into my aunt's boss hadn't been part of the plan. So far it was only setting me back, and drawing some unwanted attention.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Tell you what. You need credits to support yourself, right? I can help you with that. Hell, I can help you way more than that. How about you come with me and I take you to visit your aunt ? And I'll pay you to work for me? Sound good?" No reason to be downtrodden towards Ven's relatives, after all. That would be rude, and exceptionally unfair to underprivileged teens such as this.

Well, at least she wasn't stupid enough to fall for some imbecile and end up as a single unwed teen mother on welfare.

Family? Visiting Ven would be nice... but I've never met her before. Hell, she might not even know I exist. Mum might have skipped a few details when they talked. Grandma knows about me, I know that... Perhaps she could tell Ven if she doesn't already know. Or even better... I could stay on Ord Mantell. I did not know this woman. In fact, I wasn't even sure she knew Ven for real, or if she was trying to trick me. Whoever she was, she'd need to give me proof before I trusted her. Mum always warned me about strangers...

"Can't you get Ven to come here? I don't know you lady. You could be lying. I can't take that risk, even if I do want to go home. But the thing is... This is kind of my home now. Can't I stay here? Work for you on Ord Mantell, live in some apartment or something, and have Ven visit? I'm sure Grandma Sea'Rain wouldn't mind coming here either. All Sekairos find themselves on this planet at some point in their lives, for some reason. It might not be my time to leave yet," I replied. Taking a short step back I watched the girl closely. I didn't plan on running, but I had to be prepared to get out of there quickly.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I suppose I can do that..." Taking her datapad up, the plant-woman smiled as she sent a message to Ven'Rain, currently on Coruscant and building up strength as she carried the plant experiment. The message asked her to come to Ord Mantell and visit for a while. She could invite her mother as well, if she wanted. "Message sent. When she dings, I'll let you know. And yes, you can work here. Make an HONEST living selling guns and armor. I'll even equip you with some for yourself. Deal?"

Technically this fell under child labor laws, but at least she would have a place to stay.

Waking up with a start I muttered a quiet 'whah?' before rolling over in bed. It had been awhile since... since... eh, I'm to tired to finish that sentence. Something woke me up from my glorious nap. That did not make me a happy camper. Squinting my eyes I looked around the room, wondering what the hell had made a noise. Turns out it was my datapad, which was lying on the nightstand. Letting out a sigh I picked it up, glaring at the small screen. That all changed when I saw who had sent me a message. It was Circe, my wonderful employer/friend/part-time lover. Smiling I opened the mailbox and read what she had sent me. Ord Mantell? I hadn't been there in a while... The planet had been home to many, many Sekairos over the years.
It would be nice to go home.
Quickly I typed in my reply before sitting up. I could nap later.
"If all goes well, I can be there by tomorrow. Mum's visiting her brother in the Outer Rim, so I don't think she can come right now. Anything important happening?" With that I sent the message and started getting ready. I wasn't going to show up in my PJs after all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"So, uh, do I get to know your name? Or am I just going to keep calling you 'lady'?" I asked. Hearing that Ven might come was a relief- as long as this lady was honest. Despite my better judgement, I felt like I could trust her, at least somewhat. Even if she didn't really know Ven, she had offered me a job. And that was something I couldn't just turn down.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

The message she sent to Ven in response was a relatively simple matter - another Sekairo had shown up, and Circe felt a meetup was in order. Sending the response, she looked up at Ire, a soft smile on her face. "I have several names. Polarine, Pandeima, and the derogatory "green bean" among them. My name is Circe Savan. Businesswoman. Darksider. Friend of your family since I first met your aunt. And I intend to take care of you."

And indeed she did. Already had an apartment chosen and everything.

Another Sekairo? Had Yuo'Rain come back? Or maybe one of the cousins! Oh, that would be wonderful! Grinning like the mad merc I am, I started hurrying, packing what I would need in a black case. Transportation would be arranged shortly, and I'd hopefully arrive by tomorrow morning. It would be nice to see Circe again, and seeing another member of the family was something I greatly looked forward to.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Circe Savan... The name didn't sound familiar, but I doubted that Ven knew Circe before she stopped talking with mum. Hearing that she was a darksider worried me slightly. Some of the last Bogan force users that were on Ord Mantell made a mess, a big one to. Though if Ven trusted her... I guess I would for the time being. Extending my hand I put it out for her to shake, a way of making our introduction more... formal. Lifting someone into the air didn't exactly classify as 'polite'. Then again, neither did stealing from a person. Oh well, the past is the past.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Savan. Like I said earlier, I'm Ire'Rain. Most people call me Ire. Forgive me if I don't trust you fully yet. Being the daughter of a smuggler makes you a... 'little' paranoid. But, um... can I ask you how Ven's doing? And maybe a little more on how you know her? Sekairos are a curious bunch, after all," I responded, rubbing the back of my head gently.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Ven's been doing quite well. She's almost entirely back to normal after I helped wake her up and get her out of that coma. She's still missing some memories, but she'll get them back in time." In response to how she knew the tall and muscular Sekairo, Circe chuckled. "Well, she was looking for work at the time. Poor, broken, destitute. I hired her, and we became friends. I helped repair her body as well, gave her a prosthetic so advanced she can't tell it's a fake arm. She and I lost contact a while back, but that was likely because she ended up in the hospital."

Circe sighed, then turned towards the counter. "Well, my newest employee, let's get some arms and armor sold, shall we?"

Oi. The more I learn about Ven, the more I realize how little I actually know. And the cooler Aunty sounds. Though hearing that she lost her memories worried me. At least she was okay- but once again, I still don't truly know if Circe is being honest. Of course she didn't have any reason to be lying... God, why did mum teach me to be so paranoid? Insert le sigh of annoyance... Well, mental sigh of annoyance. Physically I was moving towards the counter, following my new... boss. I'm going to have to get used to calling someone that.

"Where do I start?" I asked, waiting for instruction. Perhaps there was a certain way to do this, or a certain spot I had to stand, or scripted lines I had to use, or well.... something, ya know? Better safe and instructed then sorry and uneducated.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Right here." Circe stood behind the counter, a soft smile on her face. "You'll be taking the orders of people who come in here to purchase our arms and armor. Then you'll be giving them their orders by taking the weapons off the wall and handing it to them. Sound simple enough?" She smiled, her hand on Ire's shoulder as she looked the young woman over. It was time to give her the respectable life.

Something Circe never had.

Moving to stand next to her I inspected the counter, trying to imagine myself working here. It was a little hard, and something I wasn't exactly used to. But it would be a nice change. Turning to Circe I smiled and responded. "Take order, take the credits, hand over the goods. Sounds pretty simple. Easier then figuring out the best time to rob someone based off their schedule and habits." Semi-blunt, but honest. Standing behind a counter all day didn't seem very troublesome, especially compared to planned theft. As I looked ahead of me I froze, eyes locked on what was in front of me.

Some... freak, demon of some sort. Coming towards us, claws extended and eyes blaring red. I started to shake, taking a few steps back. I knew it wasn't real, it had to be fake. And yet it still shook me to the core, throwing my mind off balance. Get away from me! Get out of my head! Both hands shot up, holding either side of my skull, as I desperately tried to push the hallucination out of my mind. It didn't work. Nothing was working.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Ire... Ire!" Cautiously, she took her hands and placed them on the side's of the Sekairo's head, forcing her way into the girl's mind. She too began to encounter the hallucination, but a blast of Force energy would send the abomination Ire was scared of away. For the time being, at least. "Ire... Are you okay? What was that creature?"

It scared her. And when Circe was scared, stuff was about to go down.

{OOC: I made a typo in the last post. I meant to say "I knew it wasn't real" not "I knew it was real"}
The tears came. Flooding down like a torrent of rain, quickly drowning my cheeks with their sorrow and fear. It had become obvious Circe was inside my head, and I couldn't stop myself, I did my best to push her out, throwing all of my mind into the effort. Whatever part of me could use the force screamed out, lashing out towards her mind. Not that it would do much. I may be frantic and desperate in this state, but I've never been trained. Just a childe trying to understand what makes the universe run so smoothly.

Trying to calm down I sat, letting my body hit the floor with a thud. My breathing was heavy, and my arms went to wrap around myself. God, I felt so pathetic. "What was it? It was just my head. Damn thing does that to me all the time... A hallucination. Trick of the mind. Even when... even when I know it's fake I can still feel it, I still get scared... All I want is to run from it, but how can I run from something inside of me? Especially something like that... It happens so often, you'd think I'd be used to it by now..." I explained, not looking at her.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Fight it."

The comment was so utterly silly, and yet... "Don't run from it. I know you're used to trickery and misdirection, but the next time you experience that hallucination, fight it. I want you to brawl with it. Tear it to smithereens. Crush its hopes and dreams. Devastate it. Understand, love?" She smiled, gently taking the Sekairo's hand and helping her back up to a standing position. "Now, I hope Ven gets here soon. Your aunt is carrying the most precious thing in the world to me..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom