Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shadow of the Day {Circe}

Fight it? The thought had never once crossed my mind. Instead I had always tried to run when the fear overcame me. There were times when I knew it wasn't real, and managed to submerge my feelings. But other times, like this one, it left my utterly weakened. After a moment I allowed myself to get back up, still staring at the ground, though no longer shaking as bad. "I... I'll try. Can't let it win forever, I guess..." I replied, biting my lower lip gently. Ma said it was a trait that seemed to run in the family. If you were a Sekairo, you bit your lip often. Part of me had always doubted her... but everyone in the family I had met did do it a lot, especially me. "I'd like to meet Aunty. She's always sounded so cool, ya know? I just hope she's feeling better then she used to. Mum said that she struggled a lot. But Sekairos are fighters. We can get through an awful lot without giving up."
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Don't you ever..." Circe said that as an oft comment - Ven had gone through more than the average woman should have. "That's a good girl. Fight it, and you might be surprised how truly weak and fragile it is." She chuckled, knowing that this was the case most of the time. However, the fact that the hallucination had affected Ire so badly made her somewhat curious as to what force or memory brought on such a horrible image.

Perhaps it was correctable.

@[member="Ire'Rain Sekairo"]

Circe... seems cool. For once I'm glad I didn't steal from someone. If I had gotten away with it... I'd still be homeless, jobless, and I wouldn't be meeting Aunty. Nor would I have recovered from the hallucination so quickly. In fact I'd probably still be breaking down, maybe even trying to shoot at something that wasn't there... "I hope it isn't as strong as it looks. Because that was one of the worse ones. Usually they aren't as bad... But yeah. I... I'll do my best to beat it back. Maybe one day they'll be the ones to give up, and they'll stop bothering me. That'd be nice..." I said, smiling as I looked up at Aunty's girlfriend. Then I surprised myself and hugged her, quietly thanking the green lass.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"They? So you've experienced more of them than the single one there?" She raised an eyebrow, curious as to the nature of this ailment. Perhaps Ire was possessed by demons, or maybe simply tormented by them. Whatever was happening to her, the entity, the hallucinatory image that had formed in her mind, was very much not a benign thing.

Perhaps it was a blessing, though. She was sensitive to the Force, the first Sekairo like that Circe had met.

Was it odd that I've seen more then one? Disorders and mental issues weren't something I knew much about... Nor did I understand haunting and curses. Whatever it was, I had no idea what it was. "Is that... strange? There have been plenty before. I don't usually see the same one twice... Sometimes there's one, sometimes there's dozens... The mind is a weird thing I guess." I said, shrugging. Hearing her response was something I was looking forward to. Perhaps she had valuable insight on my situation?
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Hmm..." Turning, she paused, considering her current situation. "Ire, for the time being, I'm giving you off time. You and I are going to go check you out somewhere more resource-filled, okay?" She paused, turning away, then remembered. "Don't worry about how things are going here at the shop. I've got more than enough droids who can run things in our absence."

A fair enough assessment. And if there were demons...

"I don't believe that's necessary," I said, voice tense and serious. Not how I had intended on it coming out. Truth was, I was kind of scared to get my mind checked out. Not working was fine by me, as long as I was still given somewhere to stay. But going to the doctor and having them probe me? Oi, not fun. Just... no. "Er... Do we have to? I mean, um, I'm fine. It can wait... a long, long time..." I continued, trailing off as I looked around, avoiding her gaze.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Well if there's a problem, shouldn't you be looking into it? It could grow, get worse over time." She did raise a good point. And Ire was a minor, after all. She didn't have a parent willing to take responsibility for her actions, or a parent at all, and Circe could potentially find some way to adapt and bring Ire into her circle. After all, she seemed particularly useful. "You know, Ire... You have command of the Force. How would you like for someone to teach you how to use it?"

Okay, she had a point. If it got any worse, I don't know how I'd handle it... But at the same time, it could also get better, right? "I guess I'm just nervous... If you think it's for the best, I'll see a professional... But please, promise me that if I get to uncomfortable, you'll let me leave and try again another day..." I said, finally looking back up at her. The question about the force surprised me, and I let it go unanswered for a bit. After thinking for a minute I replied, voice a bitter quieter then before. "I... I want to learn. I want to master it. Maybe if I do that I won't have to deal with the visions anymore."
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"I can teach you. In fact, I'm more than willing to teach you. I greatly desire students like yourself, ones willing to learn and understand the Force. Particularly the Dark Side, which I specialize in, though some of my techniques are considered to be more balanced. At a minimum, I'm not going beat you mercilessly as you attempt to construct a lightsaber, or electrocute you with my strongest Force Lightning in order to test your physical endurance to its breaking point. That's not the way I do things."

Oddly enough, this was very true, and Ire would have a good time.

Hearing that Circe didn't teach like most Dark Siders was a relief. Smiling I started to imagine what it would be like to have more control over my powers. It... It would be great. Of course great power comes with great responsibility. Being able to use the force will make some people fear me, others hate me. Some will want to kill me, and others will come flocking towards me for help... Concealing my abilities as much as possible would probably be for the best, especially while I'm still learning. "Thank you... You've done a lot for the Sekairo family, or at least it seems that way. Maybe we can pay you back some day," I replied, giving a short nod.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Maybe... But then again, taking you under my wing and making you an apprentice of mine is somewhat of a repayment..." She raised an eyebrow, not entirely sure. "So, ready for a little trip to Malachor V? There's an academy there, pretty roughed up, but with your help, I think we can restore it to operational status. Enough that you, more than anyone else, can learn from the information left there by the Sith Triumvirate."

Well, it seemed simple enough, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom