Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KmCCIbI.gif

o0gxurs.jpg

Intent: Make a scatter gun pistol
Image Source: Artstation
Canon Link: Scatter Gun
Primary Source: MOTH3R

TSkE4Nv.gif

Manufacturer: Valnora Enterprise
Affiliation: CIS, Closed Market
Model: SGP-12
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, gun components

wagpS4Q.gif

Classification: Slug thrower
Size: Small
Weight: Light
Ammunition Type: shells
Ammunition Capacity: 2
Reload Speed: Average
Effective Range: Personal
Rate of Fire: Average
Stopping Power: High
Recoil: High

GCt3hvR.gif

Interchangeable Ammunition – Can load specialized slugs for different uses.
Versatile Fire – Both barrels can be fired simultaneously or individually depending on the trigger pull.
Break Action – opening the chamber ejected the un/used rounds for fresh reload.
D-Ring - Located on the bottom of the grip. Can be attached to equipment to keep from losing the weapon in a fight.

Vg1YFyS.gif

(+) Slug thrower – ammunition is extremely difficult to block with lightsabers (If blocked, the round will melt and the molten substance potentially can hit defender with minimal damage) [source]
(+) Impactful – the closer a target is the more impact they will feel though armor.
(+) Concealed - Weapon is easily concealable on a person or in a small area.

9HevKl4.gif

(-) 1, 2 Punch – The weapon can only fire two rounds before needing to reload.
(-) Snub nose – High recoil due to size of the weapon.

6PSGVci.gif

Pistols are nice, and so are slug throwers. Just about 12 inches in length this slug thrower is designed to be easily concealable on either a person or in a room. Long enough to be fired with two hands, yet short enough to be fired single handedly, makes this platform perfect to be used by either an operator in the field or a civilian for home defense. This weapon is made to remove your close proximity problem quickly and efficiently before needing to reload again, but if reloading is required the break action makes it easy and fairly quick to reload and get ready for the next shots.

[member="Amanda Hass"]

A standard scatter gun. Plenty of them in the market. Nothing unusual, other than:

Amanda Hass said:
(+) Slug thrower – ammunition can bypass lightsabers and deflector shields.

Could you elaborate on this more as there's no particular source stating slugs bypass lightsabers? So far, slugs have been just more difficult to deflect. Especially in the case of scatter guns, which are predominantly used against lightsaber wielding foes only due to the fact that the pile of scattered slugs fired at a foe makes them incredibly hard to block and deflect with a lightsaber.

[member="Amanda Hass"]

Thanks.

Although, can you elaborate on how they bypass deflector shields? I am not aware of any source claiming that.

Lastly, I suggest you drop some of the ratings to get a better balanced submission.

[member="Zef Halo"]

I read somewhere that slugthrower rounds could bypass deflector shields which is why armies started using plasteel armors again. But I cannot for the life of me find it again. So I removed it entirely.

I also dropped the Reload and Fire Rate both from HIGH to AVERAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom