Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Senpai Class Detection System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Power emanations from the City of Dreams were untraceable in realspace due to its ethereal nature; in this way, its citizens could monitor Imperial transmissions undetected
the city had been created by his "psychic power," and everything in the dimension it existed was not material, but rather composed of "psychic energy."
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Noticed You: Designed based off of technological, biological and force based means to detect cloaked and concealed ship. The system is one of the highest quality for detection being able to be used on a variety of different systems.
STRENGTHS
  • Detection: Designed to be the ultimate detection system through technological, biological and force based.
    • Illusion based Cloaking: The white current is possibly the strongest of the illusions and hard to see. The lenses of the system are able to peer into it and detect the subtle flaws in the illusions that can form with cloaking of the type and as the cloak gets larger the more flaws can appear like for ships and vehicles.
    • Light Bending based cloaking: Being able to pick up the shimmer of the light around the user. Light bending based illusions are easier to see with the spot the flaw method and the crystalline lenses aid in this.
    • Personal Cloaking devices, stealth technologies that bend light around a being or ship can function much the same way but need to fall into the small line of sight with the glasses same as it all.
      Mental Persuasion Based Cloaking: The jedi mind trick can be strong but it requires a weak mind and will to be persauded you aren't seeing what is right in front of you. Generally the wearer of the glasses has a strong will and mind to focus the force making the ability to detect very high.
      Sith Magic Based Illusions: A rare form that only a small handful of a small handful can do. Sith magiv based illusions can be deadly compared to the others and the glasses don't directly have a method to determine if they are real or fake.
    • Radiation: Designed to Detect low traces of radiation produced when exiting hyperspace and from engine emissions using tibannax gas to propel themselves forward.
    • Concealment: Taozin based, yasalimiri based and force null type concealment to hide presences as well as ships register as a vacuum area and spatial anomaly rather then background noise and can bring attention to it.
WEAKNESSES
  • Sight Beyond Sight: There is a degree of error with the detection system, nothing is designed to be perfect.
  • Force Nullification: The force based detection systems are reliant upon the force itself and without it half of the system doesn't work.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Production Costs: Exponentially more expensive to manufacture then leading military grade sensors leading to smaller scale production levels.
  • Force Beacon: When active and working the sensor can alert through the force anyone able to sense the force making stealth ships vulnerable.
  • Less effective than most active sensor systems in normal (non-stealth) conditions, especially at very long ranges
  • Effectiveness at detecting stealth ships improves with proximity and degrades with distance
DESCRIPTION
Designed by the Atrisian Commonwealths extensive corp of engineers to continue their domination of high end technologies. THeir continued works led to many more advances to the point they actually were left trying to innovate beyond just improving what they currently had. An idea to counter their own stealth technologies which have been improved and augmented by Fallenassi white current to be superior to many others in the market led to developing improved counter measures to their own and by extension most of the other products on the market. The Senpai detection system was borne with kyber lenses and enhanced detection to go against gravity modulators and stygium cloaking... force concealment as it works to detect null areas of the force created by taozin or other methods of force nullification and concealment. Junko worked to oversee much of it and improve on the design changing it more into an upgrade module they could install into the highly adaptable computers and ships instead of requiring a massive new system be installed.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Junko Ike Junko Ike

Wow, this is cool, and powerful. I feel that a bit too powerful, and the strengths and weakness aren't balanced. Easy to abuse it. Would you be so nice to add one ore two more weakness to your submission, which balances the two sides better?

MANIAC MANIAC

If I needed to give an idea below most military grade which were fairly long range but above most standard ship. As it is an upgrade for countering cloaked vessels it doesn't need the largest range and detecting force based cloaking relies on good line of sight.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Junko Ike Junko Ike

I see, just I'm asking, becasuse you cannot really avoid this, or you cannot really protect yourself aginst it. I mean yes it is a beacon and with Force nullification you can neutralise, but you cannot go to that close to sense this presence or block the system, if this one sense you from the other side of the Starsystem, you have no chance to sense they doing this or this is operates far away from you; just you see, maybe you have the best cloaking device, and yet they are knew you are here.
So this is my main problem with it and, so literally the only real weakness is the "Sight Beyond Sight" the rest is only then if others are able to infiltrate to the mentioned ships and disable the system from inside. So if you can give me an explanation this is not true and, and you are able to show there are other methods to cheat the system, I'll accept, but in this form I'm not see the possibilities. And however I know you'll never abuse it, I cannot accept it.
Oh, and the Je'gan's Ultimate Guide to Illusions and White Current link is broken (I think it leads into a closed faction's sub, and I can't open it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom