Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Seeking the Eternal

The Nightmother slowly strode through the dueling circle among a few Sisters and Brothers that sought to test more advanced spells. The circular platform was swept down and away from the Castle proper with an invisible yet perceptive shell that contained any ferocity within. The perfect place to duel or, in this case, test one's abilities.

"Good. Using your power is not just about how much you can extract from the spirits, or force yourself to conjure. If it's immeasurable power you're after, the Sith will gladly take you in and later feed you to their spawn. Control is as important as raw power. If honed, you can even overcome stronger users of Alchemy or the Force." Vytal's voice rang out throughout the Circle as she took her place before those assembled. "And if you are blessed enough, or damned enough, perhaps the Great Spirits Beyond will grant you to limitless power your seek."

There was always possibilities. Practically impossible possibilities, but not ones you could rule out entirely. Let them dream, and perhaps someday one of them would truly be worthy of the blessing and curse that came with it. The Mandragora was there to give them the tools needed to explore reality itself; and instill in them responsibility in keeping reality intact. Only a fool destroyed existence for a second of absolute power -- nothing would remain to appreciate your momentous accomplishment.

Tag: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Taiia sat on the outside of the ring watching the students as they practiced their spells and watched as the nightmother gave instruction, the entirety of it was fascinating to her but as of yet she didn’t feel confident in her own abilities to take part, while she was sitting a small animal crawled into her lap, looking down at it she recognized it as a schutta, a small almost rodent like animal more like a weasel. As it crawled across her lap, she noticed it favored one leg and reached down to pick it up it tried to snap at her in defense, but she shushed it gently.

“Nothing to be afraid of little one, I am no harm to you” she spoke softly and it seemingly calmed down, she held out her other hand to its leg drawing on the force but perhaps not in a manner she had intended she drew on the very life essence of the force and healed the little creatures leg, gently she set it down and at once it chittered at her ran in circles before darting off at a full run she smiled at that before turning back to the class.

Tag: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

After a time, Vytal dismissed the class, but invited them to stay and use the arena to practice their Art. The use of magick required considerable skill. Until the Force, one did not simply wave one's hand and conjure a tempest to cleanse a world of 'evil.' The ability to commune with the environment and the spirits of the world fueled their greatest power; the wise would strive to seek ever deeper connections toward that end. Such would also demand better understanding of one's self as well, which proved a double benefit.

The Nightmother's eyes turned toward the outer rim of the Circle and found a familiar face there. Their resident Je'daii. An interesting, ancient philosophy that sought balance in one's self. Was it better than Modern Jedi? It was too early to tell. Taiia was, after all, young in her own pursuit of that lifestyle. Something to monitor and offer guidance whenever the young woman needed it. Despite Vytal's personal preference for darker powers, she appreciated the strengths of other means.

She crossed the Circle and moved toward Taiia where she had sat nursing a schutta. "Taiia. Welcome. This Dueling Circle possesses many wards that allows students or visitors to conjure powers in relatively safety. You are free to use it while you stay here." It was one of the areas of the Castle Vytal had not already shown Taiia. Given its usefulness, it would have been short sighted not to let her know of its availability. "Perhaps in your travels you will need somewhere to test new abilities."

Tag:
Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Taiia rose from the ground where she had been seated only moments before, again glancing to where the small creature had run off before turning her gaze back to the nightmother with a nod. Her eyes focused on the Nightmother part of her was still uncertain of this arrangement but she was more than determined to see it through, she walked toward Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura with a gentle nod in greeting "I am not certain I have a use for it just yet, perhaps one day though. How did your students fair? I admit I was a bit distracted." she gave a warm smile and stopped a few feet from her.

It would seem to her the more she learned of the Mandragora the more shortsighted the Jedi were of their opposition to other teachings, was it not the height of intelligence to admin one may not know everything about a subject, in fact, was it not the height arrogance to think there was only one right way to follow the force? These were the thoughts she wrestled with daily and even more so as she lived among the Mandragora and learned with them, there was still much for her to learn about the force, how to wield but not just wield it but how to listen to it.

TAG: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

"As any collection of students do," Vytal replied evenly. "Each has their own strength, and some struggle with the material. Any that need more time, however, receive it. Though those that fail to learn may require different instruction, and not all of it pleasant." The pale woman's lips turned up at one corner. Nightsisters were not afraid to use harsh methods when necessary.

"How have your own studies progress, Taiia? I remain curious about the knowledge you seek. While I instruct young women and men how to commune with spirits, I am as open to learning of this Force or the technology of the galaxy." True, she could not be a master in everything, but then she wouldn't attempt to be. Knowing of something and understanding its fundamentals would be enough to ply such knowledge in life. Vytal need not Master use of the Force, or build droids with her own hands to see its use -- and to make it known to her Sisters back on Dathomir. They needed to prepare, just as the Mandragora did for those that would use such things against them.

Sometimes you fought a fire with dirt or water. Other times you fought a fire with fire.

Tag: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

TAG: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

The last part normally would have caused her to waver but she shook her head slightly she was becoming used to the way the Nightmother spoke and taught, was she gentle? At times but sometimes harsh, she had no delusions that they did not touch the darker side of the force but again to her that was all perspective, something she was able to better define with each passing day. "For the most part, my own time here has been to simply understand, how you commune with the spirits as you call it. For me, its more simply listening to a barely audible voice, it pulls you one way or the other depending on the moment. Not a conversation but more of a guide, I guess this is why I find your approach so intriguing"

All of what she said was true, Taiia would tend to study the theoretical rather than to apply it directly the application was something that required supervision and a steady hand, after all, to keep one from straying to far or in some cases hurting oneself, not that she didn't have faith in herself, simply that she was in completely uncharted territory.

Vytal regarded the woman for a moment. "Then let me pass on my perspective," the Nightmother replied at last. "Jedi and Sith do not commune with 'The Force' as a Witch does, but they are similar enough. You and I must have a solid understanding of ourselves and our place in the world in order to conjure the great power that exists outside of ourselves and all around us. If we do not understand ourselves, we cannot call upon this power or -- worse -- the power begins to call upon us. I believe some call this 'Dark Side corruption,' but it is not limited to just the Dark Side; theirs is just more noticeable."

"While Jedi and Sith do not call upon spirits, it is their training that strengthens their own identity and draws spirits of a kind to them. A Jedi strives to embody justice, and draws spirits of judgement, order, and peace to them. When they draw upon the Force the lack of genuine dialogue places a greater strain on the body, but is rarely lasting or dangerous."
Vytal had seen some under strain from lifting large objects -- perhaps the one ability that makes the strain so apparent. Others are often lost in the moment, or utilized for such a brief period none is made evident. "I believe it is only a matter of perspective that differentiates us. Perspective and application."

Given their surroundings, Vytal added, "If you would care to perform an experiment, perhaps we should learn something together?"

Tag:
Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom