Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Seek And Ye Shall Find

Revna flicked her gaze between Darth Strosius and the approaching ground as he divulged into why they were returning to the Cathedral.

Yes, I now understand why it is necessary to do training away from the Cathedral. I…don’t know how much it would have impacted me when I relived that memory.” she said softly as she realized how truly dangerous the situation might have gotten had she unleashed that kind of hatred within the walls of the Cathedral itself, especially with how steeped in the Dark Side it was. “Very wise decision indeed for those who are new to their power, their strength.” she mused.

When they finally came to the bottom and stepped out, he told her that he was going to show her the source of that dark power, and she felt both excitement and trepidation at the prospect. He started off at a quick pace, his steps determined and she had to trot somewhat to keep up with him this time. As they walked he continued onward with his discussion, further capturing her interest as he did so. She was very intrigued in hearing that the power of the Dark Side could be imbued into objects to varying degrees. She remembered the swords she had seen the day before, as they had exuded a dark presence, and her eyes lit up as she put two and two together.

Like those swords you pointed out to me yesterday! They had the Dark Side in them. I felt it…not a strong presence, but it was there nonetheless.” she exclaimed with a glance towards him.

She mentally took notes as he explained that a Sith would pour their volatile emotions into crafting or making such objects, storing that information into her memory banks for later recall. “Only a fool would think that there wouldn’t be a cost. No matter what you do in life, you must either give or have something taken from you.” Revna replied in comment about the drawbacks and costs of crafting such items.

As they came within view of the Cathedral, Darth Strosius expressed that instead of using hate or fear or something akin to such emotions, he had instead chosen devotion as the catalyst for the power behind the objects Revna assumed he had created, based on what he had told her thus far. He further expanded on that, and she pondered how the members of the cult would have added to the aura and presence of the magnificent building they were walking towards. She figured she would find out the ‘how’ soon enough.

What does one need to do to show their faith and devotion to add to the aura of the Cathedral? ...and what exactly are your designs for the Sith Order?” She questioned with her typical curiosity, though there was a hint of something else laced into her words as she asked the first part of her question, almost as if she was asking so that she might be able to contribute in her own way as well.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Revna might not have known the full extent of what she would be capable of if she had another potent emotional flareup within the Cathedral, but Darth Strosius had a vague idea. Squires were often given the chance to visit the source of the aura, later on in their training of course, to see if they possessed any talent for sorcery as well as to fully experience the aura's power. The Dark Side would fill them with strength greater than they had ever wielded before and they would be allowed to spar or simply test themselves.

Revna was nowhere near ready for such training of course but thankfully she seemed rather hesitant to attempt it on her own. The same could not be said for every Squire, much to the High Priest's chagrin. "The swords are one such example yes. The Sith of old made use of weapons that were enhanced by their sorcery, early Sith Alchemy. Long before lightsabers were the weapons of choice for Force Sensitives, Sith Swords were able to carve through most metals without dulling and could withstand surges of lightning and blaster fire alike. A tradition that I keep alive with those very blades in the armory." Not to mention they were far easier and less expensive to craft in large numbers for his Squires than lightsabers were.

Her questions made a smirk creep onto his masked face, detecting the hint of desire hidden within her curious tone. It seemed as though there was no end to her eagerness in sight. "The Force exists and flows through all living beings Acolyte, not just those who are blessed with the ability to make use of it. Every solemn and hopeful prayer, every cheerful choir song, everything that sparks potent emotions within the walls of the Cathedral adds to its power." There was a very good reason that Darth Strosius had ensured that devotion to either the cult's faith or the community were essential to membership within its walls after all. Even the young and weak who could offer no labor could still support the cult through their belief alone.

"Regardless of whether it be a wedding that serves as one of the happiest and proudest days of all in attendance, or a funeral that brings out the tears and mourning of event he most stalwart visitors, all provide the raw base for the power of the Force. Faith and devotion can be just as potent as hatred or passion, even if they are more complex in their makeup and summoning." They were also usually more stable and lasting when it came to long term sources of power. Hatred and passion were powerful yes, essential to the Sith themselves even, but as Revna demonstrated they could easily turn against their owner and be a tool for ones downfall just as quickly as they could be vital to their rise.

"All you need to do is believe. In the cult. In the Force. In yourself. It matters not the source, only that your belief is strong and true. That is how the aura of the Cathedral gets its power. Well, that and the addition of a few key rituals here and there as well of course." Before any questions or comments on said rituals and their nature could be made though he continued. "As for my designs they're unimportant for you to know as of now. They require great context and explanation to understand why I have them at all, let alone how they will work and what must be done to ensure that they are carried out."

Finally the pair of Sith once more emerged into the courtyard where the Cathedral sat awaiting them. Even from outside its walls the presence of the Dark Side that it exuded could be felt, like a subtle pull that urged them to come back home within it. Welcoming yet assertive, much like the cult that built and worships in it. "All that you need to know for now is that everything we do, we do for the Sith. To right the wrongs of the past and bring about a future without chains and injustice. A future where the Dark Side is felt across every world by every one and all are awed by its power and presence. A future that belongs to the Sith, and one that has been denied time and time again by enemies both internal and external."

Revna Revna

Lightsabers?” Revna tilted her head with a frown. She’d never heard of such a thing before, but just based on her teacher’s explanation, it appeared that it was some kind of sword too, a weapon. “I’m not familiar with it. But that’s not surprising considering my history. I also rather like that you keep the tradition alive in making these Sith swords.” she commented. Though she didn’t have any traditions of her own, she liked the idea of keeping up with traditions or adhering to them.

Though she focused on keeping up with his long, determined strides, she also kept a listening ear to what he had to say in regards to the questions she raised. She noted his response to the various things one could do to add to the aura of the Cathedral itself, from prayer to song, from wedding to funeral…really anything that evoked emotion and let it pour into the energy that resided all around them. What it boiled down to was belief, of holding fast to faith and to the devotion that came with it. A smile graced her face, the understanding shining in her eyes.

Truth be told, Revna had never truly believed in much of anything, other than in the certainties of life such as life and death, reward and punishment. To believe in something else beyond these things was new to her. She believed in the presence of the Force now; it would have been rather difficult to not believe in it when she could clearly feel and exercise its power.

She caught on to his comment about rituals, and her smile turned into a small smirk when he carried onward with answering the second half of her questions, not giving her any time to inquire into what he meant. Her question in regards to his designs was brushed aside, and he made it clear that such information was beyond her for the time being, and she accepted his answer for what it was. It wasn’t her place to be privy to such things. Not yet, anyways.

They both arrived into the courtyard and the Cathedral loomed before them and Revna felt its inviting pull on her, beckoning her to come inside and bask in its dark presence. She turned her head to regard the man with her, before looking back ahead towards the massive building.

If that is all I need to know for now then I am fine with that. I may be endlessly curious but I am smart enough to understand that your designs are your own and I am not privy to knowing such things. But I will do my part to see that future come into reality. Well, as much as I am able to, anyway.

She didn’t know if that would happen in her lifetime…probably not, especially if that future he spoke of had been something in the making for many, many years…but she knew she could at least help further the cause.

I am definitely eager to see what you have to show me.” She said as they began ascending the steps that would take them inside the Cathedral. “Maybe you can tell me a little more about this ‘alchemy’ and ‘sorcery’ you mentioned earlier. Unless that is a topic for another time.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
For a moment the masked man looked back at the Acolyte with surprise at her confusion, but her explanation and his realization occurred right about the same time. Access to the holonet or libraries that was available to slaves was all but unheard of. Such things could become possible routes of escape or rebellion so they were naturally suppressed and denied by the overseers and slavers. He only had any knowledge of the Sith and Jedi before his own escape from slavery because his owner had permitted him to have a handful of old books and some talks with the more well traveled smugglers that came by to get their spice shipments.

Really it would have been surprising if Revna did indeed know what lightsabers were even if she had seen one before in the hands of the mysterious Sith from her past. "Ah yes. Not to worry, I'll give you a demonstration about lightsabers sometime soon." One day she would have her own after all, if she was as capable as he thought she was and if he trained her properly. Earning a lightsaber was by far the most difficult test for a Squire to undertake after all. Given the lack of access to Kyber crystals, the only way for a Squire to get a lightsaber was to take an existing one. Such opportunities were rare due to how little contact, by both necessity and design of course, the Squires had with Jedi or other Sith. Rare, but not as uncommon as one might think.

She was content to not get the full details of his future plans as of yet it seemed, something that he was thankful for. Far too much explanation would be in order for her to fully grasp the nature and extent of his goals and design. He'd rather Revna get some personal experience with the Sith Order, both the parts he hated and those that could be salvaged, before she learned of their distant plans. Until then he was confident that she would indeed work towards them regardless, as all within the cult did whether they knew it or not.

"The basic concept for alchemy and sorcery is relatively simple, actually performing them is another matter entirely however." As always the guards eagerly opened the Cathedral's doors to allow the pair of Sith to enter without any issue. Priests were still milling around as they returned, going about their daily chores. There were however a few of the average citizenry here as well now though, mainly being brought aside to the hallways and priest offices lining either side of the main area. Audiences with the Priests weren't uncommon among the cult, with pretty much anyone able to consult with them for advice or prayers alike.

Rather than moving towards the hallways himself, Darth Strosius instead almost instantly turned left and led the way to another door that was harder to see given its position in one of the alcoves and behind a pillar. "Sorcery is the art of manipulating more complex aspects of the world around us rather than simple objects or even people. Weather alterations, flame manipulation, things of that nature. Alchemy is part of Sorcery but with plenty of identity of its own." He opened the door to reveal a staircase leading down, lights flickering on to illuminate the way as he began the trek down the stairs.

"Alchemy is the manipulation of the physical on a smaller and more intimate level. Enhancing materials such as when making Sith Swords is one of the most common examples, imbuing matter itself with the power of the Force. This can even extend into more biological enhancements as well." The stairway led to what appeared to be a basement for the cathedral, full of crates and shelves. Some cots and simple bedding was arranged alongside the far war, with weapon racks beside them that hinted their purpose of housing the Cathedral's guards. The rest of the room seemed like simple storage but the presence of the Cathedral was far more apparent down here, as though it had seeped into the very stone walls of the Undercroft.

"The Force allows its users to temporarily enhance their bodies without issue, but Alchemy offers a series of more elaborate and permanent enhancements. Some of the Squires and even a few soldiers sport these augmentations, as well as myself." Someone had to serve as the experiment for his trials and tests after all. It may as well be himself. "Sorcery and Alchemy are both practices nearly as old as the Sith themselves and as such their techniques and recipes are extensive. Thankfully I've managed to recover plenty of records that help in my own rituals."

Revna Revna

She could almost feel his surprise when she mentioned that she hadn’t heard about lightsabers before, and his reaction reminded her that there was still a lot for her to learn about. She did perk up a bit when he said that he would give her a demonstration about these lightsabers at some point. “I look forward to it.” Revna replied before letting out a small chuckle. “I look forward to anything you have to show or teach me.

The Sith began his brief introduction as the doors of the Cathedral were opened to them, and the presence of the darkness from within reached out to embrace her like a blanket. Unconsciously she took a deep breath, as if to bring it as deep into her core as possible. She noticed the various Priests going about their business, as well as a few of the citizens who appeared to have business within the Cathedral itself. While a few individuals did look their way, no one bothered them as it was fairly clear that their High Priest was on a mission.

The small Acolyte followed alongside her mentor as he turned sharply to the left and headed for a door that barely revealed itself, listening intently as he gave her a brief overview of sorcery and alchemy. Both sounded complex and advanced to her, but her interest was certainly aroused now. The fact that such things like fire or the weather could be manipulated through sorcery was just mind blowing to her, and made her ponder what other things in the natural world could be controlled in such a manner.

He opened the door to reveal a staircase that led downwards and as he began descending, lights flickered on to illuminate the way onward. Revna didn’t hesitate to start down the stairs after him, her footfalls nearly silent as she followed him into the belly of the Cathedral itself.

The further down they went, the more potent the presence of dark power became, pressing against her body and seeping into her very pores it seemed. It was an assertive kind of pressure, demanding her attention, her acknowledgement. Subconsciously, she opened herself to the energy and let it flow in, feeling a chill race over her skin. “The…presence is certainly a bit stronger down here.” she voiced as her observant gaze looked over the various items within the structure’s basement, the crates and shelves and even sleeping cots and the weapon racks against one of the walls.

They sound complicated-sorcery and alchemy that is. Complicated and dangerous but rather useful in the right situations if you know what you’re doing.” Revna remarked to Darth Strosius with a glance. “And once more I find myself amazed by the Force itself. It seems that there is so much more to all of this than I could have imagined, so many different facets to learn about.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"The methods and techniques used to channel the Force's power are as varied as the planets in the galaxy are. Generations and centuries of experimentation and practices just to make use of the blessings we are given, fascinating is it not?" Studying and learning from the various practices of the Force, at least those that hinged on the usage of the Dark Side, was an interest of his. They allowed for more abstract solutions and thinking in regards to how he planned and formed his own rituals and practices. "All methods of channeling the Force's gifts can be dangerous Revna, some are just more liable to backfire than others."

Soon enough the back wall of the storage area would come into view yet Darth Strosius kept up his steady stride despite the lack of any obvious paths forward. He stopped at roughly the center of the wall and reached out a hand to run along the stone bricks. His hand paused on one and pushed it inward, stepping back afterwards as that section of the wall opened up to reveal a hidden corridor. "Sorcery and alchemy are best done away from the wider eyes of the cult. Some of the rituals can be rather...disturbing. Even for the most devout of my followers."

Those words would be as close to a warning of what was to come as Revna would get. The masked man moved into the corridor without delay, the hallway illuminated only by candles that were tucked away in alcoves or on the single candelabra roughly in the center. At the far end stood a heavy metal door, reinforced and giving off the most potent sense of the Dark Side that the Cathedral had revealed as of yet. On either side of the corridor that the Sith Lord led the way through sat cells, sparsely decorated and thankfully empty. "You see Revna, not all of our foes are without use. They are all able to contribute to the cult, to the Cathedral especially, in one way. Their wretched lives and last moments can be given up as offerings to the Dark Side."

His typically even tone when espousing his lessons held a sinister note given the current circumstances and surroundings. The cells might have been empty at this moment in time but any decent glance would be able to discern that the cots in the cells had most certainly be used before given the wear and tear on some of the bedding. Not to mention the tally marks scrawled into a few of the walls. "Sorcery and alchemy often have far more physical and demanding costs to their usage, so I feel it is only fitting that the vile and horrible people of the galaxy be made to pay that cost. Slavers, pirates, whomever they may be, all that have brought pain and suffering to the galaxy will pay the toll. This is the toll."

With that he reached up and held out his hand, lifting the door with his unseen grasp. Indeed it seemed as though the reinforced door had no other mechanism for opening aside from the usage of the Force, at least none that were obvious such as a control panel or lock. The final room of the Undercroft lay beyond the threshold, the source of the Cathedral's aura. A dark room full of mysterious and arcane equipment and workstations that sat atop a great runed floor. In the center lied what appeared to be some sort of odd coffin or stasis casket, as well as an obelisk of black stone that exuded a presence even older and more potent than both the Cathedral and the masked man. "This is the source of the Cathedral's power, my ritual chamber."

Revna Revna

The masked Sith brought her towards the back wall of the basement area they were in, and a small frown creased her brow. The presence of power had grown steadily, and seemed to be stronger yet on the other side of this wall…but she didn’t see how that was possible, until her mentor reached up and ran a hand over the bricks, stopping at one of them and giving it a push. It triggered a hidden door which opened to reveal another passageway beyond them. Before stepping through, Darth Strosius gave Revna a warning of what she might see beyond this point. The warning only raised her curiosity more, instead of making her cautious. Just based on what her mentor had said, she concluded that whatever these rituals were, had to be dark for them to be too disturbing for the wider cult members to know about.

The robed man stepped into the darkened corridor, and Revna followed right in behind him. Though there were candles that gave off light, it was still dark enough that her vision had to adjust. When they did, she was treated to quite the sight. On either side of the corridor that she traversed were cells, all of which were empty but bore the signs that they had once been occupied, and not once but numerous times. Beyond this, at the end of the corridor, stood a large metal door which seemingly had no way of opening it from the outside, and it was from this point that the strongest presence of the Dark Side could be felt by her. She began to ponder the meaning behind the cells which she was seeing, but the Sith answered her unsaid questions, revealing to her the reason why there were holding cells in the basement of the Cathedral that she now called home.

She turned her gaze to him as his words took on a sinister edge to them, and she listened as he explained that some of their foes had their uses to the Cathedral, that they in their final moments were given to the Dark Side itself. He further elaborated that working with sorcery and alchemy took a toll and exacted a price, and he had found a way to pay that price by using the vile scum of the galaxy as payment. The truth revealed to her was very dark, very sinister indeed. Had anyone else been down here, they might have turned right around and left, not wanting to see or be a part of it.

But not little Revna.

Darth Strosius reached out and lifted the heavy door with the aid of the Force, and it opened to reveal the centerpiece of the Cathedral-a chamber that was soaked in the might and majesty of the Dark Side. The sensation of it drew her breath away for a moment, and she couldn’t help but stand there and just…exist in its mysterious presence. For a moment she felt like the pulse of her own heart, and the thrum of the Dark Side, became one.

She hoped she never got used to the feeling, she mused to herself. Something about it made her feel alive.

Inside the chamber itself, Revna saw many different things-none of which she had any clue about. She noticed the runes along the floor, the workstations, the strange object that looked like a coffin or casket, as well as the black stone object that gave off a powerful aura. She turned her understanding gaze to the robed and masked Sith, a wicked glint in her eyes. “I take it you…sacrifice…such individuals in here? If so, then I see no better use for the likes of them.” she said, a touch of conviction in her tone. “But I can also see why you said such things are kept from the eyes of the cult. I am sure that not everyone would see this and understand. Or readily agree with it.” She paused for a moment, tearing her gaze from him to look at the ritual chamber more closely, taking it all in slowly to truly appreciate it. She certainly wasn’t shying away from seeing such a dark place, nor was she seemingly disturbed by the talk of rituals and the implications that people were killed here. In fact, she seemed utterly fascinated by it all.

The presence of power in here…it’s so strong.” She heard herself whisper in awe before she turned back to look at him, her expression full of morbid curiosity. “How often do you do such rituals in here? What do they look like?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A dark chuckle escaped the masked man as he glanced back at Revna with a nod to confirm her statement. "What better use for our enemies than to turn them into fuel for their own defeat? A fitting end I think." There was no hint of compassion or solemnness to be found in his tone, not an ounce of regret. Darth Strosius despised the scum of the galaxy, the enemies of his cult, those who would take advantage and ruin worlds and populations entirely for their own profit and gain. Their fate was death regardless, but he saw no reason to use their inevitable demise as an advantage as well as a fact.

"Indeed they would not. This is the price of leadership, of the Sith. To commit what would be regarded as heinous acts despite the sinful wretches they are done upon. This work is dirty but it has ensured that the cult endures and grows in strength. One day nothing will threaten the Order of Wonosa, and all will be glad for it even if they must be unaware of the price of security." Of that he was certain. Of that he would ensure. Thankfully his newest Acolyte didn't seem to share any sort of squeamishness or concern about the nature of the Undercroft, rather her usual curiosity endured as it had before. He couldn't help but smirk at the question and crossed his arms behind his back as he strode into his workshop.

"Oh every so often, at least once a month. Sometimes more depending on how active our efforts have been." It also depended on if and when they bothered taking any prisoners at the end of an engagement of course. "The rituals vary greatly so one description alone would be an injustice I'm afraid. Some of them are far more...gruesome than others in both price and procedure. Others simply require focus and meditation." He shrugged nonchalantly as he made his way over to one of the workstations that littered the edges of the room.

This one wasn't too remarkable compared to the rest and indeed seemed not too dissimilar to a station that one might use to modify metal parts or assemble devices of some variety. The one noteworthy addition to the drills, welders, and other tools was a small glass jar inscribed with some sigils that would be unfamiliar to the Acolyte. They didn't even seem to match those that decorated the Cathedral and robes of the priests despite clearly being of the same script. Inside the jar, the top bound by a small metal lock, swirled a deep red liquid that didn't seem to allow any of the dim light in the room to pierce through it. "Recently I've been working on some more technical projects myself, but there was one item that I think will be of use to you."

He searched through the drawers and compartments of the workstation for a few moments, allowing Revna some time to explore the room on her own. It thrummed with power, so much that a dull hum in her ears could almost be heard alongside her heartbeat if she were to stand still and focus long enough. Yet despite the intense nature the Cathedral's aura was no less welcoming to the Acolyte. If anything one would almost describe its flow over her senses as gentle given the circumstances.

"Ah, there it is." Finally the masked man pulled something from one of the drawers and held it up so that he could inspect it. It had the appearance of a large metal cup, red markings inscribing various symbols into its main body at the base and in the center where Darth Strosius was holding it from. Four fin-like adornments jutted out from the brim and a lid topped with a spike that was reminiscent of a spear's tip was soon fished out by his other hand and capped the strange artifact off. He turned back to Revna and presented the object for her to take as she wished.

"This is a Sith Chalice, but its main purpose is an incense burner despite the name. They're commonly used in a few different rituals and I have some spares lying around the Cathedral itself if you look closely." Indeed it did bear a resemblance to the incense burners that hung from the Cathedral's ceilings and which were toted by the Priests during their chores. Albeit a fair bit larger and with no obvious handle to use aside from the cup itself. "When you meditate on your blessings and yourself, I want you to light this chalice. It will, for the lack of a better term, absorb your more potent emotions that would otherwise run rampant. That way you needn't be concerned with having an outburst as you did earlier."

Revna Revna

Revna listened to the tone of her mentor as he confirmed her suspicion about what occurred within the chamber before her, and the ultimate reason for the holding cells behind her. The dark chuckle, the lack of regret or sympathy when speaking of purposefully killing others to fuel his rituals…it all should have made her sick, should have made her want to leave as fast as she could…but it didn’t.

Being exposed to the truth of the place brought out the darker side of Revna, the side she hid from the rest of the world. In fact, the mental imagery of slavers and pirates and other scum meeting their deaths within the room before her caused a pleasant rumble to escape her chest. The fact that their demise could help further the cult, aid in empowering and protecting this place she called home was more than enough justification for her and she saw nothing wrong with what the male Sith called ‘heinous acts’. Good riddance anyway, she told herself.

Her interest in these rituals and how they were performed only rose further when Darth Strosius explained their frequency and how varied they could be in how they were carried out. The wicked gleam in her eye was evident as she tilted her head slightly and glanced at him. “I…actually wouldn’t mind seeing one of these rituals take place.” she said softly as she watched the Sith enter into the chamber and walk to one of the workstations. She saw no reason to hide the darker side of herself from the man; he was her mentor, after all. Revna stepped inside after him, her eyes drifting over everything that she saw-though she made sure to keep her hands at her sides at all times.

Even though it was a bit tempting to reach out and touch or pick up things.

Her ever curious, ever hungry gaze landed on a jar-like object which made her frown a little and she peered a little closer at it, noticing the dark red liquid swirling within. She watched it for a moment, mesmerized by the fact that none of the light-as little as there was in here-could pierce through the liquid within. “Interesting…” she muttered to herself as she tore her focus away from it to look around at other objects and items that piqued her interest, occasionally glancing in the direction of the robed Sith as he rummaged around, seemingly looking for something. As he did so, she took a moment to stand still and simply bask in the presence that surrounded them both. As Revna stood in silence, she considered the unique situation she found herself in.

This place…was the heart of the entire settlement. A sacred place to be, and she knew it was a great privilege to be in here at all.

Upon hearing his voice as he announced he had found what he was looking for, the little Acolyte turned to face him more directly, and once more tilted her head when she noticed an object in one of his hands. It appeared to be a decent sized metal cup, covered in symbols etched in red that she didn’t understand, as well as four fins which seemed to be some kind of adornment. In his other hand appeared to be a lid or topper for the metal cup, a long pointed spire jutting from the top. He turned and extended the cup to her, telling her that it was known as a ‘Sith Chalice’, as well as informing her of its original purpose.

Revna blinked a couple times, staring at the object in his extended hand before looking back at him as she reached out to gently take it from him. “You…you are giving this to me?” she whispered in awe, feeling the cold metal in her hands as she listened to him explain the chalice’s purpose to her specifically. Her brows dipped as a curious thought drifted through her mind: “What…happens to those emotions that get absorbed by this? Does it…hold on to them? Store them? Also…I am surprised you were comfortable enough to reveal this sacred place to me, especially with how new I am. Weren’t you afraid that I might find this place abhorrent or disturbing?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
In time he had no doubt that Revna would indeed witness one of his rituals, as all of the Squires did eventually. Given her enthusiasm for learning and knowledge it was expected after all. If anything he expected that keeping her from trying to get involved in the rituals on a regular basis would be his concern in that regard. There were many that would simply not be stable with a witness, for the ritual itself would consider them an active participant no matter what. The room was buried and sealed away from the wider cult and especially the rest of the Sith for a good reason. Still, having some accompaniment on the more casual rituals could prove enlightening for the young Acolyte.

Perhaps the chalice would be the catalyst for the start of her own experimentation with Sith rituals and magic. "It stores them for a time yes, but given that you won't be making use of it for anything else it will seep out gradually and be absorbed by the wider Cathedral. The burners littered across the Cathedral do the same, containing the powerful outbursts of our visitors and worshippers as well as the Priests and ourselves." He crossed his arms behind his back as he spoke and idly spread out his senses to the rest of the Cathedral for a moment. As expected some of the confessions and more general sessions that the Priests were hosting were doing just that. Feelings and thoughts were allowed to slip free and the Cathedral was more than happy to drink them all in.

"Given that your connection to the Force is far greater than the average visitor or priest though, I figured having one dedicated to you alone would be wise." Revna would be the only other Sith that stayed within the Cathedral for extended periods of time after all, aside from himself. The other Squires only visited occasionally for lessons, their own consultations with the Priests and himself, or guard duty which kept them outside the entire time. As for himself he knew well enough how to manage his own power by now, and even if he didn't the Cathedral's aura held so much of his own essence already that it hardly mattered if his emotions did bleed into it a bit. It already reacted to his will in that manner anyway.

"Your proximity and curious nature meant that you would have found this place eventually Acolyte, and no offense but the last thing I need is an untrained Sith such as yourself stumbling across my workshop and toying with it." Darth Strosius chuckled, this one far more lighthearted and genuinely amused than the previous had been. "Besides, you've lived on Nar Shaddaa and you fought your own way to freedom using the Force. There is little of the cruelty of the galaxy, and the necessary steps to correct it, that you do not already know from that life I'm sure." He chose not to mention the flashes and hints of darkness within the young Sith that he had noticed which had only reinforced his decision to reveal this place to her.

For some it took time to understand that the Dark Side often needed more gruesome forms and expressions of worship and devotion, for some it took firsthand experience to realize what must be done to the scum of the galaxy and the enemies of the Sith. For those who had already lived the horrors of slavery and seen the worst of the galaxy however, things were different. Revna had such experience and given that she already had access to her blessings enough to make use of them then there was no doubt in his mind that the necessity of the darker parts of the cult would be clear to her. His faith hadn't been misplaced, but was it ever?

"The chalice will ensure that your meditation and self-training won't get out of hand given the Cathedral's power that will be available to you. You'll be able to get a much deeper and more intimate understanding of yourself and the Dark Side without the possibility of being overwhelmed. I think you'll enjoy that, yes?" Based on how she held the chalice with such reverence, he had no doubt that she would indeed enjoy her gift. It was simple and the first of many that she would receive throughout her training of course, but he knew how preciously rare gifts were for slaves. Gifts that didn't come in the form of beatings anyway.

Revna Revna

She couldn’t help but smile as her eyes drifted over the chalice in her hands, looking it over carefully and with wonder. It made perfect sense to her; these chalices and incense burners would capture the powerful releases of emotion from others and gradually return it to the aura that filled the Cathedral…making it even stronger and more potent over time. And she would be able to contribute to it as well with her own released emotions. Almost unconsciously, she brought the chalice in her hands to rest against her chest, holding it almost protectively. She briefly closed her eyes and listened to the Sith as he explained his reasoning for revealing his ritual chamber to her, and her smile widened slightly.

Yes…I am ever curious. I won’t deny that.” she chuckled in agreement, opening her eyes to gaze at him. “But had I stumbled across this place in my…curious searching of the Cathedral, I would have immediately left the place alone. You learn fairly early on when you’re a slave that some places you may have access to are best to be avoided, no matter how curious you are. It is just not worth the punishment that would come from such snooping.

She paused for a few moments as her thoughts gathered themselves before spilling out. “And rest assured that I will not be making unplanned or unauthorized visits to this place. As much as I desire to come closer to the presence of the Dark Side, I am wise enough to understand that this place is your domain. I can and will respect that. Based on what you’ve told me already about sorcery and alchemy and rituals…it would be incredibly foolish of me to be in here without direct supervision anyway. And I am still so new to understanding the Force, the Dark Side, and how a Sith lives and operates that anything that would transpire within here is beyond my reach…for now.” she voiced softly. She didn’t think he would be worried about her snooping around in these parts…but she wanted to say her piece just to be sure, especially since he had made the comment about not needing an untrained Sith finding themselves in his ‘workshop’.

And yes…I know of the cruelties that can be forced upon one. I have suffered every kind of torment and indignity…short of death itself…that could be levied against a slave. You will find that when the time comes, I will be very eager to unleash my vengeance. They demanded that I pay their price, took things from me that I was not willing to give…now it is my turn. But…all in good time.” The young woman seemed to become briefly lost in some darker reflection of her past, the present, and the possible future. As she spoke, she unconsciously rubbed a thumb over the cool metal surface of the chalice in her hands, the smoothness of it seeming to act as a sort of mental balance for her, soothing her in a way. “I will very much enjoy being able to tap into those greater emotions without getting rolled over by them, yes. Thank you…for this, High Priest. I’ve never been gifted anything before; it is a bit overwhelming, but I know this has practical use and I am deeply thankful for it, and certainly will be using it.” she said earnestly before her gaze returned to searching the interior of the ritual chamber once more, her thoughts turning as more questions seemed to float into them, and one curious question slipped its way in and she felt almost compelled to ask it.

The Dark Side…what is it to you, exactly? How do you perceive it, or what does it look like to you when you imagine it?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Revna's assurances that she wouldn't wander down into the Undercroft on her own were unnecessary, but appreciated. Between a lifetime of suppressing her blessings and her more recent outburst earlier in the day, she had a well earned and wise sense of caution regarding her power. Perhaps something that may prove detrimental later but for now it was a great asset. He had seen many Sith, both those under his banner and part of the wider Sith Order, burn out trying to chase the limits to their own power. They never quite accepted that limit once they found it.

"Indeed, one day we shall have proper lessons down here so that your education in the ways of the Sith is not incomplete. Fear not young Acolyte, you will have your run of the place yet." While not every Squire had a knack or the ability to make use of Sith magic and sorcery they were nonetheless exposed to it during their training to test for such things. Even if one was unable to manipulate the Force in that manner, having the knowledge and experience of how it worked did often help with getting a better grasp on the Force itself.

Darth Strosius nodded as the Acolyte's reply briefly shifted into darker musings of revenge and justice. Of punishment place upon the guilty and the cruel for their vile deeds. "All in good time." He agreed with a smirk stretching across his hidden features as he watched her holding tightly onto her new gift. There were times when he worried his Squires or other Sith might hesitate to do what needed to be done, that they might falter or question just how far they had to go to ensure the continuation of the Sith and the order brought to the chaotic galaxy. Yet Revna held none of those concerns, rather he believed that her days of hesitation were over. As they should be.

He paused at her question, his head cocking to the side slightly to regard her with what one could assume to be a curious look. It was a rather interesting thing to ask but he supposed he could see where it was coming from. The Force was such a broad concept that many struggled with properly characterizing it or coming to terms with its true nature. "The Dark Side, the Force, is a god." He answered simply, not too dissimilar to the answer that he gave curious children that gathered up the courage to approach their High Priest to seek his insight for the first time.

"It is ever-present like the wind and deeper than any ocean. It swirls and flows all around but it especially flows between and within living beings. Plant, creature, or person, all are host to the steady flow of the Force as it spins the galaxy itself." His eyes closed and his head tilted back slightly as though he was focusing on something. "Yet where it gathers one can glimpse at its true form, at its true being." The air in the room seemed to chill, a breeze that most certainly wasn't present before suddenly washed over them and brought a cold that pierced straight through their robes to lash at their skin and very core alike. "It is colder than space and just as infinite. A maelstrom of power that stretches across the galaxy and even beyond."

The symbols on the incense burner, as well as those inscribed into the masked man's clothing and mask itself, began glowing with a sinister crimson light. "But this is still too limiting for what the Dark Side truly encapsulates. That wisdom can only be gained by communing with the Force itself." The candles lighting up the room flickered and many of their flames turned from a bright orange to a dull scarlet as the signature of Darth Strosius began to reach out to the Cathedral's aura.

His presence didn't simply brush against it, it moved within and diluted itself with it. For a brief moment there was a fusion there, a combination of darkness. But then his presence was forced out and his eyes snapped open as the room returned to normal, still and warm once more as the candles flickered with their usual light. "I have yet to accomplish this feat...but I will manage it in time. Once I do, then you shall have your answer Revna."

Revna Revna

Revna rather liked the idea of dabbling in sorcery and alchemy, when the time came for it. She really didn’t know if she would have any skills in either vocation, but she would find out one way or another one day. She also knew that her eagerness to do something with her life and finally utilize her gifts was showing strongly and no doubt her new mentor could tell; he had shown quite a bit of patience for her excitability and curious nature so far and she hoped that it wasn’t getting on his nerves. Just in case, though, she reined herself in just a little bit, forcing herself to settle and relax. As it had been remarked to her already, there was no rush for her training and what she would learn under the guiding hand of Darth Strosius.

The Sith seemed to ponder her questions about his perception of the Dark Side itself for a few moments, and the little woman waited in patient anticipation for his response. Knowing how others perceived the Force, even the Dark Side itself, would in turn help her shape her own view of it…perhaps even confirm her own feelings and perceptions of it.

His response intrigued her. Truthfully, Revna was somewhat unfamiliar with various religions or religious beliefs in the wider galaxy; her former Mistress had been a follower of some unknown religion, a worshiper of a goddess whose name the little woman couldn’t recall off the top of her head. She had been curious about the religious belief of her former owner, and had listened when it was explained to her, but Revna had kept the truth of her own belief a secret. After living with and listening to the Voice within her, she had come to see it as a sort of divine being. How could she not see it that way, with how alive and interactive it had been with her?

So to hear Darth Strosius describe the Force, and the Dark Side itself, as a sort of deity really solidified the secret belief she had carried her entire life. It finally confirmed once and for all that it wasn’t just all in her head.

Revna went still as she listened to the Sith describe how he viewed the Force, feeling the atmosphere around them shift and change as he focused. The temperature in the ritual chamber they both were in dropped noticeably, and a chill breeze wrapped around the little Acolyte and the taller robed man, a kind of chill that was almost supernatural. The very presence and touch of the Darkness itself, piercing through to her very being-undeniable and unshakable. It would not be ignored, and she had no desire to ignore it any longer.

She watched in silent but wary awe as the various runic markings both on the chalice in her hands and on the robes and mask of her mentor started to glow a deep crimson hue in response to the call that the male Sith seemed to have made to the energy and essence that surrounded them. His voice resonated with his deeply held beliefs, his faith, as he continued to describe to her what the Dark side was.

Her eyes were drawn to the various flickering flames of the candles as their color shifted from normal yellows and oranges to the same deep bloody red to match the glowing runes and glyphs she could see, casting an even more ominous glow and amplifying the dark presence that she could feel so distinctly. With her heightened and more open senses, she could almost feel the presence of Darth Strosius flow and intermingle with that of the Darkness present. To an outsider-this whole situation might have been fairly spooky to witness or be a part of, but for Revna it was something that brought a sense of deep awe and almost worshipful fascination.

But…as quickly as it had started, the atmosphere in the room returned to normal, and warmth flowed back in to ward off the deep chill that had seeped so deeply into the heart and soul of both Sith. But even with the cold presence of the Darkness gone, Revna still felt it with her…even more so now than she had moments prior. She shivered slightly, a tingle dancing over her skin as she felt a closer connection to the Force within and around her. She remained quiet for a few long moments after her mentor stopped speaking, content to just exist before she pulled herself from the near euphoric daze she had found herself in.

I…always felt as if the Voice within me had a presence…a divine essence to it-based on how it would speak to me or guide me or…provoke me into using my abilities, to channel its power and strength. I couldn’t explain it, and I couldn’t really tell anyone about it either.” she mused quietly, before another smile danced across her face briefly. “It is hard not to believe that the Force is indeed a sort of divine being when you can feel it and hear it, when you can sense it in everything that exists. Quite humbling…really.” She lifted her gaze back to the High Priest after her moment of reflection.

What else do you have for me to learn or practice today? I know you don’t want me to be overwhelmed so I will understand if you think I’ve learned enough for the day, but…I still feel energized and my mental capacity is still strong.” she inquired, ever eager to learn and continue absorbing new things. “You mentioned something about the Force enhancing physical abilities, earlier up on the clifftop. Can you explain that to me a bit more?

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Darth Strosius idly wondered if the display of power was a bit too much for the new Acolyte to handle given her long and still silence even after the room had returned to normal. He cocked his head to the side but right as he was about to ask her if she was alright, or at the very least needed to sit down for a few moments, she suddenly perked right back up and spoke once more. 'The Voice' was an oddly specific name for the Force coming from someone unfamiliar with it.

Some of the blessed that were welcomed into the cult rather than born into it did have some knowledge of their power and connection to something greater, but Revna's name for it was unique. He made a mental note to ask her more about 'the Voice' later and just how she had come to give the Force such a name and for more details on just how it called out to her in the past. Perhaps she was more gifted and blessed than he had initially thought, with some special connection to the Force that training couldn't grant. Something to keep an eye on going forward for sure.

For now though, there was still much for her to learn first. "I suppose physical enhancement would be a good next lesson. Something a bit simpler and more contained than Force Lightning at the very least." He nodded and gestured for Revna to follow after him before making his way out of the workshop. Being so close to the source of the Cathedral's power would only distract and hamper her focus from the lesson after all, not to mention how much easier it would make it. Accessing her abilities would be easier within the walls of the Cathedral regardless of course but at least with a bit of distance from the aura's main area she would have some struggle with it.

"As I've said before, using the Force to aid and enhance physical characteristics and abilities is one of the more common expressions of power that even the untrained can manage in one form or another. Typically this comes in the form of heightened reflexes, greater speed, and of course strength." Once the pair had moved out of the Undercroft's final chamber he paused his stride to slide the door closed, his hand summoning the great slab of metal down until it clicked into place and he resumed his movement back into the basement storage area.

"An untrained Force Sensitive can give ace pilots with years of experience a run for their credits due to their exceptional reflexes and quick thinking, a trained Force Sensitive can become untouchable due to how fast they can move and avoid any possible strike from someone lacking such a blessing. The Force allows us the ability to push our bodies to their limits and even beyond, but of course this is not always so simple." When they were once again in the basement he moved back to press the stone that had opened up the passage to the cells and watched as the wall slid back into place before turning to face Revna. "Our bodies do still possess limitations Acolyte, no matter how briefly we may be able to surpass them."

Often many of the Squires learned this lesson the hard way and had to spend a good few days or even weeks in the settlement's medical facilities in order to heal their strained and sometimes broken bodies. Thankfully those incidents had grown far more infrequent with the onset of more Battlelords and other Sith for proper training and observation of the Squires, which in turn helped lower the Bacta costs significantly. "You can make yourself leap stories in a single bound and throw around speeder bikes as though they were spears, but your body will give out from the sudden strain. Training your body normally will help make physical enhancements far more effective."

Revna Revna

Revna was pleased to hear that Darth Strosius was willing to continue her lessons, even if they were basic and foundational Force abilities. She had no problem learning such “beginner” lessons; she would take whatever she could get, and no lesson no matter how small or basic it was, was beneath her. Telekinesis may not have been new to her, but enhancements of physical abilities was and if it was a foundational skill to learn, then she wanted to learn it.

She was right behind him when he directed her to follow him, stepping through the doorway and turning to watch as he sealed his workshop once more, and while she could still feel the mighty presence of the Dark Side, it was slightly less prominent now. She truly had been right in the heart of it-at least the dark heart of this Cathedral. She listened as the Sith explained what physical abilities the Force was able to enhance, and she perked up as her mind ran away with the possibilities of what she could accomplish with the Force aiding her. Greater speed, greater strength-that really called out to her.

Strength was perhaps her weakest trait. She was petite and a bit compact in body size, but while this was a blessing it was also a curse. She wasn’t as strong as others, including most females. She had to rely on other physical abilities to make up for her lack of strength. Like her reflexes and agility.

The enhanced strength part sounds amazing. I definitely could use some of that.” she replied with a small chuckle as they moved back into the basement of the Cathedral, once more lending her ear as he continued with his explanation. She noted the cautionary words from him about the body’s limitations, and made sure to keep that in the forefront of her mind. It was simply smart to know beforehand that she had limits, and therefore she could listen to her body and her strength when it told her she had reached those limits.

Knowing that one has limits is good. It is hard to move past such limits or push their bounds unless one knows they are there to begin with.” she remarked as she voiced the thought that rolled around in her mind. “I will certainly keep the fact in mind that there will be limits to what my body can do, however.

Training and preparing one’s body for extraordinary feats was wise. She would be useless to her mentor and to the cult and herself if she jumped headfirst into something that could actually break her body and set her back in her training. She didn’t want that; she wanted to excel, not be held back.

I agree with you. Preparing one’s body to handle the stresses that I assume comes with using Force enhancement is smart.” Revna voiced as they both began to make their way out of the Cathedral’s underbelly.

After a few moments of silent pondering, she glanced at the Sith and tilted her head with a contemplative expression on her face. “I assume you are taking me away from the Cathedral so I don’t have any advantages to my abilities. While we head there…could you tell me what it means to actually be a Sith? Or is that something that is dependent on each individual person who calls themselves a Sith? I am also assuming there are others like us out there. If I should ever come across other Sith-outside of those in the cult that is- how should I act around them? Do I show…deference to those who are greater than me? I reckon that, being an acolyte, I am the lowest…rank?...I suppose? Are there even ranks in the Sith Order?” Revna questioned her teacher, hoping to gain a bit more insight into what it looked like to be a Sith, given that they and their Order-of which she was now a part of-were still a bit of a mystery to her.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Smart is one word for it." Darth Strosius agreed with a nod as he turned to continue leading the way back out of the Cathedral. "Overloading the body can have consequences far beyond short term injuries and strain or even broken limbs. The Force is far stronger than our physical forms could ever be, so it only makes sense that borrowing some of its strength can result in...self destruction if one isn't careful." And unlike himself, simply regenerating a lost limb or organ when something tore and ruptured was impossible for most.

He perked up as Revna asked about the Sith in general, about what it entailed to be one and of what she could expect if she were to ever run into other Sith not from the cult. Of course he knew that she would indeed be introduced to the wider Sith Order one day, at this point he could hardly keep the existence of his forces a secret much longer. Especially given how active they had become in recent days. "To some extent that is indeed a question for the individual. However, I can offer my definition of what makes a Sith." A definition that he believed himself to exemplify of course, and one that he attempted to hold his Squires to so that they were indeed worthy of the title Sith.

"A Sith is a person whom respects, honors, and follows the Sith Code and the Ways of the Sith. They use their blessing of the Dark Side to empower themselves, wielding the strength of the Force in various ways and arts. There is far more to being a Sith than simply power and adherence to the traditions of the ancients however." Soon enough the pair were ascending the stairs that led to the basement, leaving behind the Undercroft and the aura it held for another time.

"To be a Sith is to be but one in a long legacy of warriors, sorcerers, rulers, assassins, and more. Sith is not simply a title but an honorable and distinct identity both religious and cultural, even if one cares little for either aspect. We are the inheritors of an ancient order which has spanned across the galaxy and been destroyed and reformed countless times over thousands of years. We are among if not the oldest institution of the galaxy and it is the duty of Sith to carry forward the missions that our past iterations sought to accomplish." Darth Strosius stepped back into his Cathedral, one far emptier than when the two Sith had first returned. The priests would be getting prepared for lunch right about this time so they were alone for now.

"To free the galaxy from the lies and cruelty of the Jedi, to spread the Dark Side to every world, to see the Sith Order stand above all other powers in the galaxy, these are the missions that every Sith accepts in order to be considered true Sith. They work towards these goals and never turn away from them, always pushing the Sith forward towards them until one day the galaxy belongs to the Sith in its entirety." His stride paused before the great doors of the Cathedral as he turned back to look at the Acolyte. "We will never live to see that day Revna, but it is our duty to ensure that one day our inheritors and descendants will."

The masked man turned back to the doors and bid them to open with a wave of his hand before stepping out of the Cathedral once more, into the light of the mid-day sun. "As for others, the Sith Order is currently the only realm and power of the Sith in the galaxy. Unfortunately there are those in leadership of it which are not true Sith. Those that seek only to enrich and empower themselves at the expense of all others and at the cost of our great goals." Disgust seeped into his words as he spoke of the upper echelons of the Sith Order, they who he regarded as traitors.

"When you eventually come across the other Sith you should indeed show deference, but not weakness. Caution but not cowardice." While he may have been a Sith Lord himself, Revna was not anywhere close to a level of power or position where she could get away with ignoring the rank of another Sith. Not yet of course. "Regardless of what many would pretend, to be an Acolyte at all is a great honor despite it being the lowest rank. Take pride and stand tall when you face other Sith, and they shall think twice about belittling or commanding you."

Revna Revna

Little Revna wasn’t surprised to hear that it was up to personal interpretation on what it meant to be a Sith; nevertheless she was very interested to hear what her mentor had to say on the topic, and so she gave him her full attention, taking care to pay attention where she was walking as she did so of course. Leave it up to her to be a klutz and bump into things because she was too focused on what he had to say and not on where she was going.

When the Sith mentioned the Sith Code, her mind instantly recalled the mantra he had recited to her the day previous, and she repeated the Code to herself silently as they made their way up the stairs and back onto the main floor of the Cathedral. She knew it would be good for her to become intimately familiar with the Code, since being a Sith seemed to sprout from living the Code day by day. Upon reaching the main floor, Revna briefly excused herself and found her way to her private room, opening the door and slipping inside with her new Chalice in her possession. She quickly stepped to the desk and set the gift from her mentor down gently, before departing the room and returning to the masked Sith.

Upon her return, she turned her curious gaze back to the High Priest as he shared with her that being a Sith meant taking one’s place in a very long line of successors, to carry out missions that had been in motion for thousands of years. She felt a sense of awe come over her hearing this; it was a bit hard for her to truly grasp that this was now her future too. She had always wanted to be a part of something bigger than herself…and now she could say that she was.

Hearing Darth Strosius list off a few vocations that previous Sith before her had occupied-such as being warriors, assassins, rulers and so forth-made her wonder what she would end up becoming herself one day; what she would be best suited for. Perhaps that would be revealed as her training progressed.

Revna took note of the missions-the duties-of each Sith that her mentor listed off, making sure to ponder on these in her own free time, pausing when he did and looked up at him as he told her that the goals of the Sith and the Order would likely never been seen nor met in their lifetimes, but that they could lay the foundation for future Sith to carry on their work.

Her gaze drifted away from his masked face slowly as she considered his words and the sudden weight she felt from them. Though she was new and inexperienced now, she knew that this wouldn’t always be the case. Eventually, she too would be teaching someone else these things. One day, she would leave behind a legacy for others to carry on into the future. The knowledge of this was like ice water being dumped over her.

She never imagined a grand future for her life. She never believed she could accomplish anything outside of her service as a slave. But everything had changed for her. She went from being a lowly slave with no future other than to serve until death, to being a member to an Order that had existed for thousands of years and a duty to carry that Order’s mission into the future and pass that onto others.

And…she could have…future descendants? Was that even possible for her? The idea of it was surreal, and truthfully difficult for her to grasp at the moment. Her expression in the moment was mildly troubled and deep in thought and consideration, but she made sure to listen as her Sith teacher continued his speech to her as they passed through the doors and back out into the warm light of the afternoon sun.

The little woman found his views of the leadership of the Sith Order to be…interesting, and she sensed some personal bias mixed into his personal views. It was hard to miss the clear disgust that colored his words as he spoke about the leadership of their Order. She was smart and wise enough to understand that he had been around in the Sith Order for a lot longer than she had, and he had had plenty of time (she assumed anyway) to truly get to know and see the leadership for who they truly were. She hadn’t had that yet and while she was one to make her own personal decisions and judgments of others, she knew that as his student, she would be smart to take what he had to say to heart.

In regards to meeting other Sith, Revna also wasn’t surprised to hear the confirmation that she should show deference to those above her, while also not revealing any weakness or cowardice in doing so.

Weakness and cowardice have no place in my life now, and I will be working very hard to purge those things from my life. If you ever see or think I am acting as a coward or am displaying weakness, then I hope you will help purge that from me too. And I am incredibly proud and honored of the opportunity given to me, to be an Acolyte.” Revna replied in a serious tone, casting her gaze once more to the Sith who walked beside her. “The only one who I would willingly let command me is you and those under you or directly allied to you, as it was to you and your Order that I swore my service and my life to. But... I can and will show due respect when it is required or demanded of me.” she said firmly, a hint of passion seeping into her voice as she spoke. She didn’t speak this aloud, but the mere idea of anyone insulting her or belittling her stirred her inner violence; she would not hesitate to attempt to kill any who dared to treat her like a slave…be they a fellow Sith or otherwise.

She took a moment or two to take a breath and rein in her suddenly aggressive thoughts and feelings. She glanced around the courtyard that lay before the Cathedral, feeling the warmth of the sun seep through the black robes and into her skin beneath, gently burning away the volatile emotions that swirled within her chest until she felt normal once more. Facing the other Sith of the Order in the future would be a good test for her, she felt. One she actually looked forward to.

A sudden thought popped into her mind, and she burned with further curiosity. “Tell me more about these ‘Jedi’. I remember you mentioning something about them yesterday too. I take it they are the…rivals?...of the Sith? What makes them so?

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Oh worry not young Revna, I have driven the hesitation from many and risen their strengths to overpower all of their weaknesses before. In time you will be the best version of yourself that I can make you become, it will be up to you to see if that shall be your limit or not." While he and his cult may offer comfort for those willing to join their ranks, complacency was foreign and unwelcome. This was seen in everything from daily chores that kept households full of activity to the work assignments which ensured the settlement and the cult itself worked at all. There was always a place within the arms of the cult, but that place had to be earned in order to remain permanent.

Likewise Darth Strosius drilled his Squires and Legionnaires as one would when preparing their forces for war, for indeed they were already in one. The scum of the Outer Rim would never diminish enough for order to reign, not while the many worlds that housed criminal lords and pirate gangs still remained without proper governance and law. Not to mention the ever looming threat of those in the Sith Order discovering their presence on Formos and coming by for a visit. Drills were even ran weekly just to defend the settlement as effectively as possible. Truly there were no dull moments for the Order of Wonosa, and he highly doubted that Revna would slouch in keeping up with them in that regard.

"I trust you'll be able to play the part of a simple Acolyte should you have to, I simply hope that you won't." If there was only one similarity across his forces regardless of where they were and their ranks, it was that he alone was the ultimate authority over them. No other Sith Lords, nor emperors, nor even empires themselves aside from his own would be in command. Only the Force itself held any greater power over his forces and cultists than he. "Thankfully for you most do not concern themselves with Acolytes. They think themselves too important to worry about such weaker Sith, when in reality teaching and leading the future generations of Sith should among their top priorities. A weakness of our order, but one that we can exploit."

There was a very good reason that he himself had spent so many years as an Acolyte after all, even when he was left to his own devices with a cult under his command. Rank could be just as much of a shield as anything else when prying eyes were concerned. The masked man led the way forward through the plaza, seemingly heading towards the path that would carry them up to the Squire's training area. There would be plenty of equipment and obstacles specifically suited to testing one's enhanced capabilities waiting for them.

Darth Strosius chuckled at the question of the Jedi and glanced back at the young woman with an oddly mischievous shift of his head and tone. "I take it you haven't heard of them before? Good, that means that their lies never plagued your dreams of freedom as a youth. I was not so lucky." As he faced forward once more his tone shifted back to the more scholarly one that it usually held when he spoke to her. There was no bite in his words despite having labeled the Jedi's destruction as one of their ultimate goals, not nearly the animosity that clung to his words regarding the leadership of the Sith Order at the very least.

"The Jedi claim to be everything that the Sith are, yet are the exact opposite of us in every way. They claim to fight for freedom and oneness with the Force, yet they cage their emotions and only wage war when they themselves are threatened. Or whenever the Sith rise into the public view once more. They claim to be monks in tune with the nature of the galaxy yet the cling to the Core worlds and luxury there, only venturing out with their lower ranks as tests and missions." Another chuckle escaped the masked man but this one was far more cynical, with no amusement to be found laced in his words. "They claim to be heroes, but instead they prove themselves to be the hypocritical warriors of a tainted order which has changed and shifted so much that the only resemblance to the original iteration is the name."

He shook his head in disgust, but also pity. The Jedi bound themselves in chains, they turned a blind eye to the rest of the galaxy, they limited themselves and tied themselves to a system that used them for war. To some extent he did pity them, but not enough to consider them blameless. "They are supposedly bringers of peace, but in the days of the old Sith Empire their arrival heralded some of the bloodiest conflicts of the war. They held entire cities and even worlds hostage, claiming to be 'liberating' them from Sith rule all the while. One of their horrid sects even proceeded to desecrate and demolish the sacred, ancient worlds of the Sith that had no defenses left to fight them off. Like scavengers picking at a carcass."

Finally the anger and hatred had seeped into his words again as he recalled memories of the war. Of days fighting back the coming tide of the Galactic Alliance in a fruitless effort, of weeks bouncing between frontlines just to try and make a difference, all to be abandoned by the very 'great Sith' of the time that claimed to be their leaders. The Jedi had signed their death warrant with each invasion, with each death and occupation, and with each victory they stole from the Sith. "They are worthy of nothing but contempt. They willingly enslave themselves to an order dedicated to nothing but the eradication of the Sith. They care not for any other matter, not the lives of the innocent nor the liberation of the enslaved. They only wish to see us destroyed, our very existence insults them. A small victory that I am thankful for every day."

Revna Revna

Revna felt her face scrunch in a deep frown upon hearing that other Sith usually didn’t concern themselves with Acolytes, considering them to be beyond their notice or expertise. She knew she was fortunate to have found her way to Formos, to Darth Strosius, but hearing him say such a thing made her realize just how lucky she truly was.

Then…it was truly the guiding hand of the Force that brought me to you, instead of to anyone else. Who knows how long I could have gone without…training? Without…guidance or direction.” Revna murmured, troubled by what she heard. “You would think that guiding new, younger Sith would be a higher priority to others. I feel that leaving untrained Force users to just…figure it out for themselves…would only cause harm to the Sith Order instead of helping it. Weakness gives rise to further weakness. Those who are strong and capable and have experience should bring those of lesser status under their wing and see to it that they rise in strength and power too. Those that can’t can be…weeded out, I guess? It only makes…sense. But I suppose, based on what you’ve told me here and there, that most Sith only care for their own personal accomplishments and freedom and having to train someone else infringes upon that freedom.” Her frown dipped lower, and a hard edge came into her voice. “If they can’t understand and accept that responsibility then they have no business being a Sith.

She would be honored to teach the next generation of Sith…when that time came, of course. And only if she managed to survive to that point. It was very clear that being a Sith was not something for the faint of heart or the weak minded. Learning to fight, to kill, to lead…all of this lay in her future and she knew it. It was a daunting future to face, for sure…but she was no coward.

She would succeed…or she would die in the attempt. There was no middle ground-not anymore.

Revna turned her gaze to the Sith as they continued through the courtyard, keeping up with his pace without much issue at all. “I know I have said this before but I’m now only truly understanding how…fortunate I am, as an Acolyte to have a mentor to teach me the ways of the Sith, so…thank you again for accepting me.

She picked up on the mischievousness of the masked Sith when she asked about the Jedi, and she narrowed her eyes at him. “I've only heard about them in passing so…I guess you could say that I know nothing about them.

Darth Strosius began his lecture, and the little woman listened as he shared with her his personal views of the Jedi. The more she listened, the more her brows dipped into another frown and her expression darkened. She kept her silence, withholding her own comments until she had heard everything he had to say on the topic. She was wise to understand that his personal views were really only half of the big picture…but the more she heard about these Jedi, the more she felt troubled by them.

It wasn’t long until the scholarly voice of her teacher began to reflect the inner anger and hatred he felt towards these Jedi, towards everything that they had done. She kept her expression neutral, if not somewhat somber, as he seemed to be recalling something unpleasant. She knew then that his personal views were colored by experience, and that was not something she could dismiss or ignore.

Being told or taught that someone or something was bad and being expected to just accept it was one thing…but experiencing the truth first hand and sharing those experiences with others was something else entirely.

Revna felt… bothered. If these Jedi were supposed heroes, bringers of peace and freedom, helpers of the galaxy…then why the feth were they not helping free slaves?? Why were they not helping those less fortunate than they, helping the downtrodden get back on their feet to live normal lives? Why did they not help people like…her? Where had they been? Surely they knew slavery still existed, especially in the Outer Rim! Why was nothing being done about it on their side?

These thoughts stirred her anger, and she felt it slowly build within her chest, the heat of it rising up her neck to fill her face. Oh how she wanted to see a Jedi face to face in the moment and grab them by the throat and scream the ‘why’ at them. To let them feel for themselves the pain and suffering that they could have helped alleviate. Instead, according to Darth Strosius, they squandered their time in fighting their enemies, trying to eradicate the Sith, or staying hidden in the Core where they were safer. She imagined the Jedi showing up on Formos to destroy everything that she currently held dear to her, and the beast within stirred at the images that flashed in her head. No…no fething Jedi was going to take anything from her. She would become the heart of the storm, the fury of the darkness, a soul bathed in vengeance, if anyone or anything dared to take this from her.

These Jedi…cannot be allowed to find this place of sanctuary. Ever. If they do and they manage to destroy this place and everything that has been built and orchestrated here…then all hope of freeing people like me, like those who live here…would be lost. If they haven’t put forth the effort before now in helping the countless slaves, the helpless, the forsaken that are here in the Outer Rim…then they never will. You…are doing something that they should have been doing a long time ago.” Her anger flashed white hot, but she didn’t lose herself to it. She stayed composed and in control of her own mind. She shook her head in disgust and her lip curled in disdain. “Heroes become tyrants when they turn a blind eye to the suffering of those who look to them for hope, for guidance. They didn’t come help me, or any of us really. They didn’t think to show mercy, or provide relief, to the endless suffering we endure every day. And we both know that they are aware of what happens out here in the Outer Rim. And they do nothing?! Cowards. Feth them.” She spat hotly before she took a deep breath to steady herself. “I…can understand now why you have such…contempt for them. They…may not have been my slave-masters, nor had direct involvement in my suffering but the truth stands that they know it happens, and they let it persist. And that alone makes them just as guilty as any slaver, any pirate, any criminal that still breathes. They will get no compassion or mercy from me.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"The Force is generous with opportunities young Revna." Darth Strosius himself had been blessed to be granted the power to achieve his freedom, then he was fortunate enough to survive a whole war that tore down the Sith Empire only because he wasn't ignorant enough to keep such blessings for himself. He spread the word of the Dark Side and gathered the faithful around him, shepherding and protecting them all the way up until today when their faith had been rewarded with a home and security all their own. "I do not share such an inherent pridefulness and arrogance regarding those of lesser station than I. It is the Acolytes, soldiers, and common people that will assure the Sith's ultimate victory is achieved. Not some bloated Sith Lord."

As expected Revna was wise enough to see the folly of the ignorance that had taken root within the upper echelons of the Sith, and not just because it would effect her personally. Seeing the full scope of things was a great talent to possess, and one so rare to find. He almost couldn't help the smile that crossed his features as she remarked about such arrogant and backwards Sith not even being worthy of the title. "That they most certainly don't. No business at all." There were more reasons than mere ignorance to strip such Sith of their titles but that would come up later.

His stride slowed for a moment as the masked man briefly turned to face Revna as she reiterated her thanks for her induction into the cult. "Fortunate? Acolyte you are mistaken, we are the ones who are fortunate to have you here with us. You were blessed by the Force and granted freedom. Freedom that allowed you to choose your own path, and you chose to find us. To join our humble order rather than going out on your own. My thanks for choosing to stay with us." Not everyone made that choice, not even those that cult directly freed. Some simply wished to wander the galaxy and find new lives or try and return to the old ones that they were ripped away from. It was understandable of course, even if it was disappointing at times.

As they walked and he continued his explanation of the Jedi he could sense a rising anger in the Acolyte, embers igniting as he recited their crimes and betrayals of their supposedly honorable code of ethics. That was very much a good sign, sympathy for their enemies was simply not allowed. The Order of Wonosa, regardless of whether it be the scum of the Outer Rim or more organized groups like the Jedi and the corrupt 'Sith' of the order, were fighting for their very existence. There would be no hesitation to wipe them out if their foes thought them to be a big enough threat and knew where they were located. Given how the last war against the Jedi had gone he had little doubt that the Dresuoti would just be glassed from orbit if the Alliance were to poke their noses into their little sector of space.

The Sith and the scum would be far more personal in their attacks, more than the Jedi at least, and would inflict more suffering on the people without a doubt. Horrible things to think of but eventualities that had to be considered and prepared for just in case the worst was to come. One of the many pitfalls of leadership was figuring out how to prepare for if, or when, your leadership failed and your foes were at your doorstep. Preparing for personal failure wasn't easy on the mind nor the pride.

"They would rather spend efforts wiping out all of our Order than lifting one finger to end the slave trade on even a single world beyond their borders," Darth Strosius nodded solemnly, his tone grim and certain. That was something that he often found quite amusing when it came to inducting newly freed slaves into the cult, so many of them expected their saviors to be Jedi. There was nothing quite as satisfying as when he saw the fear from the red blades of his Sith be slowly replaced and turned into relief and joy. To see his flock enlightened and realize just how hollow the Jedi's promises of peace and good works were. "They're more than simple cowards or tyrants Acolyte. They're warriors that believe any who practice the Dark Side are to be slain." The only other force which threatened the Sith at such a level were indeed the Sith themselves, or rather those who were allowed to sit in high positions.

"As they shouldn't, for they will have no compassion nor mercy for us. In fact I believe they would probably despise our order even more so than the Sith in general, for we are doing that which they claim to." The masked man chuckled at the though despite the sour tone that both of them carried. "But thankfully they will not discover us. Not until it is far too late for them to stop our order at least. Remember this lesson well Acolyte, the followers and devout may perish. Their sacred sites may be destroyed and forgotten, their identities erased even, but their ideals and beliefs are not so easily gotten rid of. Wonosa is eternal" Much like the Sith themselves really.

Revna Revna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom