Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Seek And Ye Shall Find

Revna sat across from the other freed slaves, her gray-blue eyes watching in cautious curiosity from the shadow of her hood as the freighter around them rumbled to life. Including her, there were only four of them: one teal-greenish Twi’lek woman not much younger than she was, and two human (or at least they appeared to be human) men. No one spoke to each other; they were just content to sit in silence, no doubt pondering what had brought them to this point in their journey thus far.

For Revna, it had been quite the journey. Days ago, she had broken free from her cruel slave owner’s grasp, unleashing her vengeance upon him before taking his personal blaster and credits and fleeing into the underbelly of the rank city she had been forced to call “home”. Fear and uncertainty plagued her flight to freedom, and the blood of lives stained her hands as she had already killed to get to this point in her journey. They had deserved what was coming to them, she told herself. They tried to hurt her, to capture her again. And she wasn’t about to let that happen: she would rather die…or kill…than ever be forced back into slavery.

Finding herself aboard this freighter headed to a rock called Formos had been perhaps one of the greater challenges she had yet faced. She had to rely on her magic, her ability to hear the thoughts of others, to find a crumb that promised freedom. That crumb had led to another, and another…until after days and nights of searching she had found where the trail led: a man who was helping smuggle slaves and other misfortuned souls out of Nar Shaddaa…people like her. It had been a tense existence; she still wore her slave’s collar around her throat, unable to get it off. Had anyone with nefarious intentions had seen it, she would have ended up captured and re-enslaved. And when it was discovered that she had murdered her master? Then she would have been executed…or worse. She had kept her neck hidden from view, only letting the man who was helping the slaves see it for himself.

Truthfully, when she had found the man, she had no idea where she should go. The galaxy was a vast place and while she had a singular goal in mind, she didn’t know where to go or even start to achieve that goal: finding the Sith. She had asked the smuggler where to go to find them, and he had acted really strange around her when she mentioned the word ‘Sith’. He told her that he couldn’t help her, but there was someone on Formos who might be able to. He told her that at the spaceport there would be individuals to whom she could speak to, who could help her meet with a certain High Priest of an Order or church that was based on Formos.

And so that was what she planned to do now. It was a step in a direction, at least. It was better than nothing.

The small woman kept to herself for the several hour long jump to Formos; she was distrustful and cautious of people around her, no matter who they were. Right now, she was fighting an internal conflict: years of conditioning as a slave had made her be obedient and respectful and polite, but the torture she had endured at her slave-owners’ hands had made her cold and distrustful and stand-offish. She wanted to engage and talk with the others with her-especially the teal colored Twi’lek woman who kept glancing at her-but she just couldn’t do it. She must have given off some kind of aura or presence that told the others to leave her alone, for none of them bothered to talk to her for the duration of the trip.

At some point, Revna must have fallen asleep, for the jostle of the ship coming out of jump startled her awake. Moments later it was announced that they would be landing at the spaceport in fifteen minutes. The small woman spent that time in nervous anticipation; she really was reaching into the unknown, putting her trust in fate. Absent-mindedly she reached up and rubbed the collar around her neck, her mind drifting to the truth of where she came from and where she was now.

The ship landed and the cargo bay doors opened and the ramp lowered. Revna and the three other freed slaves made their way off as port workers ambled in to begin removing the cargo load. Off-ship, the group was approached by two individuals, a human man and woman, who introduced themselves as agents of an organization present on Formos who would help the freed slaves get settled in and situated. Revna listened closely to the two individuals, sensing no ill intentions from them immediately. Both seemed genuine and kind and simply wanted to help. They identified themselves as former slaves as well, freed and brought to work on behalf of a religious presence on Formos, known as the Order of Wonosa.

Revna had no idea about any of this, but it seemed intriguing enough to her. After a brief synopsis given by the two individuals, she gathered up her courage to approach them both.
“Excuse me?” she asked softly, seeing the man and woman both turn in her direction.

“Yes? What can we help you with?”

Revna glanced around nervously, her pale face shadowed by the depths of her hood. “I apologize for coming across awkwardly but I am looking for someone, I think…”

“Oh you are fine! Who are you looking for?” the woman asked kindly with a smile touching her face.

Revna took a deep breath.
“I was told that when I landed here on Formos that I should ask to speak to some High Priest or someone, and this person might be able to help me look for or find a Sith.” she murmured.

The man and the woman exchanged a strange and somewhat knowing look, before looking back at Revna.
“Of course. Our High Priest is a busy man, but I think he might be persuaded to come and meet with you. Come with me-my associate here will go and inform him that you wish to speak with him, and I will wait with you so you are not left here all alone.” The woman said, leading Revna towards a building which sat not too far away. Her male companion set off down a pathway away from the landing strip and Revna followed the woman inside the building, which turned out to be some sort of lounge room, complete with tables and chairs and even a pot for some caf…which was empty, of course.

Revna couldn't help but feel a growing sense of foreboding and anxiety, both of which she tried her best to hide behind a blank facial expression and the shadows of her hood. She didn't know what would happen next, and the fear of the unknown made her heart skip within her chest.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Formos was bustling with activity these days, and causing Darth Strosius many a late night because of it. It made sense given that it was his own fault that there were so many new arrivals, both liberated by and those simply drawn in by the cult's continued campaign in the Kessel Sector, but it was hardly less of a headache even with that fact in mind. Thankfully these days it was more a matter of delegation that it was anything else. The elderly and those with family were simply found a settlement with room to spare and sent there, it was those willing and able to contribute back to the cult that had to be looked over carefully. Hence the need for meetings such as this.

"We are still straining our naval capacity to its fullest extent." The High Priest idly drummed his fingers on the surface of the meeting room table, his masked gaze flickering between the datapad in his other hand and the assembled organizers and other leaders for the cult. This was simply one of the many meetings that they had these days, deciding where to allocate resources and what areas were in dire need of expansion.

"I had thought that towing back the occasional smuggler station would be enough to ease our troubles, but there is still a noticeable gridlock in terms of transportation from the stations in orbit to the surface." Almost every inbound freighter and shuttle to the planet's surface was in a queue just to land at one of the few spaceports and it was starting to become both costly and inconvenient. It was beyond time that they addressed this issue, much to the chagrin of some of the meeting's participants.

More spaceports meant more possible attention from visitors and parties that weren't on their radar. For all that the wider galaxy knew, Formos was a backwater smuggler world and that's exactly how they liked it. Too much development in the regions that the cult held in its dominion would draw attention that they simply didn't need, but having the undeniable monopoly on the planet's spaceports was something that they couldn't afford to slip away either.

"Perhaps we could expand our domain rather than allocating the resources to build another full spaceport sir?" One of the ministers finally piped up, drawing every eye in the room and seeming to regret the new attention instantly given their apprehensive expression. They cleared their throat and sat up a bit as they nodded, as if becoming more assured in their suggestion. "Shani boasts one of the most modern spaceports on Formos and it's just beyond our furthest outposts. It may not be the most defensible region but I'm sure our newer military assets from the Inquisition could help secure it properly."

Darth Strosius let out a contemplative hum, one that he allowed the meeting table to hear so that none of the other attendees would speak before he did, and briefly pondered the notion. Their expansions had been slow and gradual, done mostly with diplomacy so as to keep their fighting forces at full strength. A handful of battles and invasions had to be used of course but those were special cases and usually solved fairly quickly. Shani would require a proper siege, even with Inquisition assets at play.

"I am not dismissing the idea." He finally spoke as he turned his gaze back to the datapad in his hand and began scrolling through it in order to find a place to note down a potential invasion of Shani. "But proper preparation and reconnaissance as well as a solid plan of attack will need to be made before we commit to it. In the meantime we still need-" The doors to the meeting room were opened, not in a loud or sudden manner thankfully, and the Sith Lord's gaze quickly snapped to it.

A man, one of the Prelates that were entrusted with greeting and integrating the new arrivals, sheepishly stepped into the room and bowed. "Sincerest apologies for my disturbance High Priest." Darth Strosius waved off the apology and gestured for the man to continue with a nod as he set down the datapad. "One of the new arrivals my lord....she asked for you. She was told that you could help her find a Sith."

There were a few moments of silence before the masked man stood from his seat and smoothed out his robes, nodding to the assembled ministers as he stepped away from the table. "It seems I have another matter to attend to at present. Consider this meeting postponed until tomorrow at the usual time." He stopped before the man, looking down at him due to their slight height difference. A fact that didn't make the sheepish man perk up much, despite the warm tone of the High Priest as he spoke. "Now, where did you say this new arrival was?"

Soon enough Darth Strosius's long strides had carried him to one of the buildings that the cult often used to house new arrivals, a necessity given how many of them were often scared and confused by their newly freed status. An unavoidable side effect of slaying their owners in open view, unfortunately. His dark and encompassing presence in the Force was obvious as he reached out to try and sense this new arrival, finding a signature in the Force awaiting him. It certainly was no Jedi or Sith though, and somehow that made the situation even more surprising.

Without further delay he stepped into the lounge room and his hidden gaze snapped to the source of the other presence almost immediately upon his entry. She didn't look like a trained Force User either. How curious. The masked man took a few steps inside, his eyes not leaving the new arrival, and closed the door behind himself with a simple wave of his hand and a push in the Force. "I'm told that you seek a Sith." He spoke in a rather neutral tone, neither accusing nor answering. "For what purpose do you seek a practitioner of the Dark Side?"

Revna Revna

Revna half expected the woman with her to try and make conversation but was pleasantly surprised when she did not. It did not lessen the awkwardness between them as the wait stretched on, and perhaps ten minutes into the waiting game, a chime from some device on the woman’s person went off which grabbed both of their attention. The woman with Revna looked at some device before glancing up at her with an apologizing expression.

“I am sorry dear, but I am needed elsewhere at the moment. Stay in here and I am sure the High Priest will meet with you shortly. Will you be alright on your own?”

Revna offered a small, half smile. “I survived the streets of Nar Shaddaa on my own. I think I’ll manage just fine here, thanks.”

“Very well. I hope to see you around again soon. If you need anything, do not be afraid to ask someone. We are all here to help one another.”

Revna dipped her head in acknowledgement. “Thank you.” She murmured as she watched the woman leave the room, then shifted on her seat and leaned forward a bit, resting her elbows on the table in front of her and cupping her chin in her hands as she waited patiently.

Exhaustion crept over her, not willing to be ignored much longer, and she found her eyelids drifting shut. Her alert and nervous nature made her jump awake a few times, but she could not fight back the need to shut her eyes for a moment. She…should be safe here. If this was a safe haven for freed slaves then she could afford to shut her eyes for a few.

For the first time in a very long time, Revna was in a state of peace. She was not having to look over her shoulder, she wasn’t having to grovel at the feet of her slave-owner in hopes for scraps of his meal. She wasn’t having to serve someone. She was just…existing now. She didn’t know how much longer that would last, so she enjoyed the fleeting moment given to her.

Revna felt the atmosphere shift around her, and a presence reached to her, ever so briefly. Her eyes snapped open, all trace of exhaustion gone as her heart skipped a beat in her chest. Something, or someone powerful, was here and whoever it was was nearby as well. She swallowed a knot forming in her throat. She recognized that kind of aura; she had felt it with the Sith she had met and served several years ago. But this presence felt…stronger. More vital, more powerful.

She felt a trickle of instinctual fear rise up through her, but she shoved that down as far as she could. She could not show fear now.

The door to the lounge room opened abruptly, and Revna sat straight in her seat as she beheld the individual who stepped through. The blood drained from her already pale face as the dark aura of power poured into the room with the robed and masked man as he stepped into the building, closing the door behind him with a simple wave of his hand. He could do magic like she could! She realized in awe.

He spoke then, his voice neutral in tone, neither hostile nor friendly.

She blinked at him for a moment in silence, her mind screaming at her to say something and not waste his time or keep him waiting. Her slave conditioning reared its ugly head and she mentally scrambled to pull herself together enough to respond. She hadn't been anticipating the sheer might of his presence. It left her momentarily stunned.

Come on Revna. You came seeking someone like this. Don’t waste this opportunity because of your fear. Buck up!

She took a deep steadying breath and with great effort, forced her anxiety and fears aside and glanced up at the masked face.

“Y-yes. I am.” She replied in a shaky voice. She frowned with his last statement. “I’m…I’m sorry…dark side? What…is that?” she questioned, perplexed but curious.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The initial apprehension of the new arrival was not lost on the masked man, but rather noted with some measure of surprise. These days even the newest of Padawans and Acolytes alike had sensed Sith at one point or another before being sent on assignments. His initial suspicions that she could be some sort of agent were fading as the genuine anxiety spilled from her form, clearly not used to masking such emotions in the Force. Her question and confusion made any lingering doubts dissipate entirely however. "Ah. I see."

It was fairly rare for his cult to find Force Sensitives during their excursions, between the black market for slaves such as that combined with recruiting efforts from Jedi, Sith, and other organizations, it was simply rare to find a Force Sensitive slave that could be liberated. Of course such occurrences still happened but the vast majority of the Force Sensitives that the cult did sport were born into it. To have a new arrival that was blessed with the Force yet ignorant of it was rather uncommon but Darth Strosius could understand and sympathize, he was not so different once upon a time after all.

His presence in the Force retracted, pulled back to a far more subtle and personal level rather than the overreaching and expansive sensation that it had been. No need for such intimidation tactics given the situation. His arms crossed behind his back as he took a few steps closer to the new arrival, appearing far less tense than he had before. "You ask for an agent of the Dark Side yet do not know it? Most peculiar." There was almost a hint of amusement in his voice as though he found the question funny despite her genuine confusion. "Very well then, allow me to enlighten you to the broad strokes of my," A pause before he nodded towards her. ", of our power." A small correction but one made very intentionally.

Now he just had to keep himself from slipping into a sermon as he began gesturing in wide motions. "The Force is an ever-present and all powerful force of nature in the universe. It is around us now, but it is at its most apparent in the presence of living beings. Some of those beings are even blessed with the ability to wield a small fraction of its power, such as you and I." To demonstrate his point he held his hands in front of himself and summoned forth lightning, the blue arcs of power dancing between his fingers as he continued. "To wield the power that the Force grants to us is no easy task, for it is a careful balance of emotion and practice. Methods exist to channel certain abilities in particular, but telekinesis and sensing other living beings are common natural skills."

The lightning stopped with a simple flex of his fingers as he returned his hands to the duty of enunciating and gesturing his words. "Of these methods and methodologies, they largely fall under two main groups of practitioners. Jedi and Sith. The Jedi seek to pervert the will of the Force, instead choosing to limit both themselves and it in their practice of what they call the Light Side." Darth Strosius did little to hide the disgust that seeped into his tone as he mentioned the Jedi menace. They who would tear down sacred sites and despoil the Sith out of spite, they who would claim to be bringers of peace but instead were the shepherds of war, the hypocrites that were barely better than tyrants.

"The Sith on the other hand embrace the power and opportunities that the Force would bless us with, we give in to our emotions and our power and as such follow the will of the Force as its most powerful adherents." Of course not all Sith were as devout as he, but such intricacies were unimportant to speak of at the moment. Nor did he want to dwell on such a sore fact anyway. "We channel the Dark Side of the Force, the side born through the struggle and strife that permeates the galaxy, and use it to bring order to the chaos and justice to the unjust. I am one such Sith, Darth Strosius is my name and title. And you are?"

Revna Revna

She could feel the robed man’s gaze on her for a moment before his dark aura that went out before him melted away. She could still sense it, like a pressure against her skin, but it was not anywhere near as strong as it was a moment ago. It allowed her to relax, just a little. Her shoulders dropped ever so slightly and her racing heart calmed down to a more manageable level.

He spoke again, a bit amused by her question and confusion, though she did not understand why he found it funny-not at the moment, anyway. He pulled his arms behind his back and took a couple slower steps towards her, and by instinct her body tensed again and her alert and cautious nature spiked a bit. He wasn’t immediately threatening her life or promising bodily harm, yet she felt right now she could not afford to let her guard down.

Revna frowned when he mentioned “our power”, becoming more and more interested in what this man had to say. She sat still and listened intently, her eyes never leaving his form as he described what this power-the Force, apparently-was. As he continued to elaborate, things began to click into place in Revna’s mind and heart. She was an intelligent individual, despite her lack of education and upbringing as a slave, but she was able to piece together what he was saying to the mysteries she had carried all her life.

She blinked when he summoned blue crackling energy into his hand, not bothering to hide her awe and slight apprehension. He had the power of the storm in his hand? What else is he capable of? And he is suggesting that she…she had this kind of power too?

He mentioned, with distinct distaste she noticed, that other individuals known as the Jedi had the ability to use the same kind of power this man wielded-the same power she had. She had heard the term ‘Jedi’ before, but never truly knew or understood who or what that was. No one bothered to explain it to her; why would they need to explain such a thing to a slave?

When the robed man before her explained that the Sith used their emotions to fuel their powers, her eyes lit up. That was something she understood almost immediately-for she had done that herself. Memories, recent and distant, flooded back to her, of feeling the intense emotions-most notably her rage-that had burned through her while she used her magic, this Force, to seek her vengeance. Every instance had been guided by the Voice within her mind and heart, that which she had carried with her since she could last remember. She frowned suddenly, her thoughts confused as her mind raced to understand.

The Voice…it was the essence of her magic. It was what spoke to her, encouraged her to embrace her power, to use those emotions. Was this Voice…the Force, then? Was it something else?

Revna took a moment to digest what this man had said to her, her mind reeling with both understanding and more questions. They bubbled up, threatening to pour out like a flood. She reined herself in, just barely. Not all her questions could be answered now, she knew. In time, there would come understanding.

He declared himself a Sith, a user of this Force and its dark side, and offered her his name and a title to go with it. She tilted her head slightly to the side when he asked who she was.

“I was born Dara Sharr, but she died a while ago. I am Revna, now.” she replied, the fear and anxiety gone from her voice and replaced by a quiet strength she hadn’t felt earlier. Within, she felt the stirring of the presence of the Voice, coiling within her in response to the man before her. Like it almost recognized him. She reflected internally for a moment; her mind a jumbled mess of thoughts. “If I understand you correctly, this “magic” I’ve had my entire life is called…the Force?” Revna questioned slowly, then frowned. “Why…did my Mother never tell me? She knew the entire time what…what I had. What my power was. She just told me to never tell anyone about it, to never use my ‘bad magic’.” Frustration bubbled up, and for the first time, she felt a twinge of anger towards her mother. She looked back up at the man, Darth Strosius, then averted her gaze out of habit.

“You asked me why I am seeking out a Sith. Truthfully, I had no idea what a Sith was-a user of this Force, this…dark side. I met one, a few years ago, while on a job with my slave-owner. They had business with one another. I served the Sith food and drink. I was taken by his presence, the power of his aura. In him I saw something I couldn’t hope to have at the time: freedom. I was envious of him; he had power and he was a frightening man. I wanted that for myself. I still do.” She took a breath and steadied herself. “When I broke free from my slave-owner’s grasp, I went into hiding in the streets of Nar Shaddaa. I didn’t know where to go or what to do at that point.” Revna raised her eyes once more to look into the masked face. “My ‘magic’...this power…it burns and consumes me. The more I use it the more I feel like I'm losing myself, my sanity. I killed others there, after escaping…though they deserved it." she spat, a bubble of residual violence from her struggles surfacing for a moment before vanishing. "But each time I-I enjoyed it. It made the Voice happy with me. I realized that I needed to understand my abilities, this power. And the only thing I could think of was finding the Sith. I didn’t know if they could help me, but it was a better option than going insane.”

Revna fell silent and looked away from him once more, staring off into space; she didn’t know why she had just admitted all this to this man, but it felt cathartic to share it. Now that the truth was out there, all she could do was make the jump into the unknown, and let fate take her where she needed to go.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
A part of him found her intense attention during his explanation somewhat amusing, but for the most part he found it fairly gratifying instead. This wasn't the first time that he had to explain the nature of the Force to someone, he was the leader of a cult after all, but there was something in her eyes that made the new arrival's intent listening different. As if the pieces of some puzzle that he couldn't see were finally fitting together because of his words. Perhaps that was indeed what was occurring in her mind but he chose not to investigate himself, not being one to pry unless he needed to.

"Revna." He spoke as if testing her name on his own tongue before nodding. "A pleasure to meet you." Darth Strosius offered her a small bow of his head as if the two had just been introduced, her first name being forgotten the moment after the uttered it. He was no stranger to those choosing a new name after their freedom, a name that didn't belong to a slave but rather a free and new person. It was a common practice amongst the Sith as well, albeit usually in the form of titles rather than new names altogether.

As Revna began her questions he allowed to her to speak without interruption, welcoming the chance to learn more about the curious new arrival. Whatever she was willing to share at least. "She was most likely afraid." He noted with a small shrug of his shoulders. "Those blessed with the Force are rare enough to warrant their own market when it comes to slave auctions and sales. Given that you were born into slavery, having you ripped from her arms and instead thrust into the service of the highest bidder as their personal attack beast is an unfortunately common fate." He could only imagine what his own owner would have done if he had discovered his Force Sensitivity earlier in life. The thought made him wince and drudged up a brief moment of anger that he quickly quelled before it could become apparent.

His head cocked to the side as she mentioned meeting another Sith and idly wondered if he could determine who it could have been. Given how young she was there was a chance that he might have heard of the Sith she met, although without any name or other identifying features to go off of it was impossible to guess. There were many that had shady dealings on Nar Shaddaa after all. Far too many in his opinion. As he listened to her recounting of her limited experiences with her 'magic' he couldn't help the small smile creeping onto his masked face.

To bring death to the scum of the galaxy by using her blessings without even knowing what they were, now she truly did remind him of himself. "It is easy to get lost in the power that the Force offers us young one, very tempting to give in fully to ones darkest desires and run rampant without control." Darth Strosius cautioned in a tone that implied he had repeated a similar warning many times before. Power was oh so tempting after all, he knew that well enough. "However the Force does not desire us to become mindless beasts and hedonistic overlords. It lets us choose what becomes of ourselves, but it will not reward the easy path for very long."

As he spoke he took another few steps closer without really thinking about it, unintentionally slipping into the common role of mentor and teacher much like he did when he was educating and training the Sith of his cult. "You must learn to rein in your emotions, to master and control them so that you can master and control the blessings that you have been granted. The Sith ways can aid you in this matter. We walk the fine line between control and freedom in terms of how much we give in to ourselves." He paused for a moment and idly gestured to himself. "Some do so more gracefully than others, but regardless to master your abilities is indeed something that we could provide. That I can provide."

Now came the moment where he had no control, the moment where he offered a choice and simply had to stand by while the internal debate occurred. "I can guide you to the rest of the Sith Order should you wish, let you ingratiate yourself with them and count yourself amongst our ranks. But not all are as enlightened as I. There are some that even continue the barbaric, the disgusting, practice of slavery. Those that serve themselves rather than working for the good of us all." While he may have been biased, he also wasn't lying a single bit. And he did nothing to hide his genuine emotions from Revna, neither in the Force nor in his voice.

"Or, you can remain here with us for a time. Many of the Order of Wonosa and even myself come from slavery, we know the cost of the galaxy. The toll. The servitude. We truly understand the freedom that the Force offers to those that adhere to it, and if you wish we can share that understanding." Every member of his cult received that understanding, regardless of if they were blessed or not. All could benefit from the will of the Dark Side. "Then when you enter into the Sith Order, you will not be deceived nor subjugated by those that perceive you as lesser. You will know yourself and the freedom that you have been granted, and you will be stronger than any who would attempt to impose their will upon you. What say you, Revna?"

Revna Revna

Revna offered a small half smile at his greeting and head nod towards her, reflecting as the Sith remarked on the fact that her Mother had probably kept the truth from her out of fear. She recalled the foggy memory of her Mother forbidding her to use her magic-the Force-and the fear her Mother had in her voice, especially after she had shown her Mother her "magic trick". It made sense to her now on why her Mother would have kept such information away from her. She had been protecting her daughter from a worse fate, and she had kept them together. Revna felt a pang of sorrow for her Mother, and with it came the guilt that she tried in vain to ignore. It shadowed her features and clouded her eyes for a moment.

She listened respectfully as the Sith slipped into the role of a teacher, and she soaked in everything he had to say to her. His words on control hit her hard: her loss of control over her own emotions and allowing her powers to overtake her when she killed a fellow man-slave had led to her mother’s death. Oh, how she desperately wished she had had this lesson then and not now. It made the guilt worm its way in deeper.

But, there was nothing she could do about the past. She couldn’t change it, couldn’t save her mother, couldn’t bring her back. The only thing she could do now was take responsibility for what she had done, and do better. Be better. She could learn from it, grow from it.

And she would. She was determined to do so. Especially now that she was free.

Her ears perked up when Darth Strosius mentioned guiding her to the Sith Order if she wished it; she tilted her head slightly as he spoke about integration with them, others like her and him, and perhaps becoming one of them. It did bother her to hear that others within this order practiced slavery themselves-but for some reason this did not surprise her. The Sith she had once served had not been bothered by her status as a slave; he had been rather amused and cruel in his treatment of her in their brief encounters. With the new understanding she now had of the Force, the rare blessings given to a few amongst the many, it did not surprise her one bit that there would be those individuals who had a superiority complex, and exercised that over others that they deemed “lesser” than they.

What did surprise her, however, was Darth Strosius’s offer of allowing her to stay there on Formos with him and his Order of Wonosa. She understood then that he was offering her a choice, a personal choice that she had to make for herself. That was a freedom she was not expecting to ever have nor feel. And it felt…strangely good.

She sat in silence for a moment, before reaching up with two small, pale hands to her hood and lowering it down to expose her face. The movement also exposed the collar around her neck, which she unconsciously shifted as it rubbed a sore spot on the side of her throat. She weighed his choice, the option presented to her. She was conflicted; did she go to this Sith Order and integrate herself with others that may or may not approve of slavery? What would they say or do when they learned she was a former slave herself? What was stopping them from forcing her back into enslavement? She had a suspicious, nagging feeling in her heart that she wouldn’t be accepted with open arms. Not like she would be here, with this Order of Wonosa. She looked up at the Sith, looking into his masked face, her gray-blue eyes more open and vulnerable that she would have liked.

She didn’t even know if she had what it took to learn how to master and control her abilities, her powers. She was suddenly frightened by the looming unknown, and she felt herself approaching the edge of a metaphorical cliff. Once she took that leap, there would be no going back. Not that she really wanted to. A deep, hidden part of her was truly glad that she had unleashed her fury on her last owner; otherwise, she never would have found herself at this point and time in her life.

“You…you would be willing to teach me? You and this…Order of yours? Can you tell me more about it?” she breathed as she sat forward and pulled her legs up sit criss-crossed on her chair, hope and eager curiosity clear in her voice and on her face.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
He could almost feel the contemplation seeping from her form as he explained her two options, or at least the only two options he chose to list. Realistically Revna was free to do as she pleased for the most part, but he knew how daunting that freedom could be at first. Often times one had to adjust to not being property anymore, to having the agency and ability to pursue their own goals. It was why many of the freed slaves that the cult brought to Formos left shortly after recovering from their enslavement. There was a whole galaxy to see after all. To spread one's wings and fly as far as a ship or their own locomotion could take them was simply a natural response to being granted the ability to do so.

Darth Strosius did noticeably tense as Revna lowered her hood and revealed the collar that still marked her as a slave, his masked gaze snapping to it with a barely contained wrath swirling in his hidden yellow eyes. The cult had come into the possession of an almost uncountable amount of such horrid devices during their time and had a rather practical solution to their buildup. Rip out any circuitry and machinery then melt down the rest, said molten collars often being turned into more mundane objects such as doors and pipe fittings. A fate all too kind for such wretched collars really.

Her voice seemed to pull him from his thoughts and glaring as his gaze shifted back to her wide eyed and eager expression. "Of course. But first," One of his hands stretched out, the fingers cupping and curling for a few moments as he focused his attention on the collar once more. The mechanism was a common one that he had seen and undone plenty of times before so it didn't take long before the click of it unlocking was heard before the offensive device was slowly pulled from her neck.

Now freed from containing her, the collar flew towards the Sith before stopping suddenly in the air between them as his fingers closed into a fist. The collar reacted accordingly and contorted, bending and breaking until it more resembled a ball of scrap than anything else, before being tossed aside with a wave of his hand. "Apologies, but I've seen far too many of those things in my lifetime and I cannot stand the sight of them." Not to mention his own years with one clamped around his throat as well of course.

The masked man cleared his throat and straightened up his stance to a more casual one, rather than the tense and slightly hunched form he had adopted at the sight of the collar, and clasped his hands together in front of his chest. "The Order of Wonosa is a sect of Sith and believers in the Dark Side founded, and obviously still overseen, by myself. I shall spare you the full history but in summation I saw how the common people under Sith rule were ignorant and even afraid of our ways. We were foreign, dark and treacherous beings, and perhaps those fears hold some truth to them even now. But I was not content to allow the very people that I fought to protect live in fear of myself and my comrades, so I took to educating them."

Such simple days were so long ago now, almost a lifetime really. New generations that had known nothing but the Order now lived and made their own families without any concept of a galaxy that lacked their cult. It was such an odd yet comforting sentiment. "I sought to show them that the Dark Side, that the Force, was not something to be feared and reviled. Not something that was to be kept away, but instead embraced and welcomed." There had been skepticism at first of course but those skeptics faded in time as fanatics emerged to supplant them. "I wanted to share the ways of the Sith so that the people under our rule could better understand us and even learn how to better themselves using our ways. Even for those not blessed with the Force."

To this day the vast majority of the cult consisted of devout non-Force Sensitives. Officials, soldiers, families, and everything in-between that still followed his teachings despite having no real connection to the Force to speak of. "In particular, I imparted upon them one of the foundational teachings of the Sith that we are all expected to commit to memory. The Sith Code." The more zealous side of Darth Strosius, as was his namesake, began to show in his tone. An obvious reverence for the Code as he spoke it like he would any other sermon.

"Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion, I gain Strength. Through Strength, I gain Power. Through Power, I gain Victory. Through Victory, my Chains are Broken. The Force shall Free me." His hands spread out as he spoke and paused, as if letting the Code itself hang in the air for a few moments before he continued. "And it is the final verse which I focused on, which meant the most to me and which gave the Order its name. Freedom. Wonosa, in the ancient language of the Sith." The last words always seemed to strike a chord in even the most skeptical new arrivals, the word which they had longed for their entire lives. The word which gave his cult and his efforts their meaning.

"I sought to free the people from their fear, from their foes, from their bondage. The Force demanded that I do so, for the Code itself says as such, and so I brought the willing into my flock. I cared for them as I would my own, and in time I came to know my cult as my siblings in the arms of the Dark Side. Now we seek to bring Wonosa, to bring Freedom to all those in chains and binds as we once were." For a few years now they had been waging what could almost be called an all out war on slavery in the Kessel Sector. Markets and auctions were raided, prominent and minor slavers alike put to the sword, thousands set free and brought to the waiting arms of the cult. "That is the Order of Wonosa, young Revna."

Revna Revna

Revna visibly tensed when she saw his form stiffen, and she could feel his anger-albeit controlled-through the invisible pressure that she felt around them both. At first she wasn’t sure what had attracted his ire, and when he raised a hand she instinctively froze, her breath hitching in her throat.

Then she heard the distinctive click of the locking mechanism of her collar around her neck, and she sat in stunned shock as the device which hadn’t been removed in years floated free from around her neck. Her jaw dropped open ever so slightly as she watched the object of her enslavement float between the two of them, before he made a gesture with his hand that resulted in the collar contorting and crumpling until it was nothing but scrap. It was unceremoniously tossed aside like the trash it was, Revna’s wide gaze following it through the air with laser precision to watch it land and skid across the floor a distance away.

She could have truly cried in that moment, had she not been in such shock at what had just happened. She blinked rapidly then snapped her head around to look at the Sith, this Darth Strosius. He had just liberated her of the last physical vestige of her status as a slave. She hadn’t asked him to…he had done it on his own. And she couldn’t even express the deeply felt gratitude she was feeling in that moment.

Maybe he could feel it through the space around them, her silent Thank you, like how she had felt his anger only a moment ago.

The Sith cleared his throat and stood straighter once more, and she felt the air around them shift back to what it had been before. She kept her rapt attention on him as he shared with her the details of his Order. The more she heard, the more she felt herself aligning with it, and with his ideals. His voice became more fervent and she could almost physically feel the passion he had for his Order.

Especially when he spoke of the Sith Code.

Revna felt a tingle race up and down her spine as she listened to him recite the Code; something about it felt…ancient. Holy, almost. She couldn’t understand why this was, but she found herself whispering it to herself as he spoke it aloud, her sharp mind instantly memorizing it for later recall. There was a weight in the air between them when he paused, and a voice slipped through her mind: ‘the Force shall free me.’ I used the Force to free myself from my enslavement…I didn’t even know of this Code and yet I was putting it into practice. Or at least, part of it…

Again, she was faced with further understanding. The more Darth Strosius spoke to her, the more everything simply clicked. It was as if destiny or fate itself had prepared her for this her entire life. And now here she was, on this precipice of a life changing decision.

Silence fell between them after he had finished his speech. She had already made up her mind, made her choice, before he had finished. This was something she could get behind. But, there was something else she wanted to know a little more about, before she truly voiced her decision aloud. She needed to know if this Sith was someone she could stand behind. Yes, this was her first time meeting him, their first interaction, but this was important to her. She didn’t want to simply jump into something until she had assessed it and felt she could entrust her loyalty to it, or to its figurehead.

It didn’t change the fact that she wanted to be a Sith, a wielder of the dark side of this Force, that much was certain now. She wanted to use the power she had to change the galaxy around her, to help free those who could not free themselves, and to be the wrath and punishment upon the heads of those who would dare decide who would be free, and who would be a slave...as well to punish those who stood idly by and did nothing about it. But she was no fool: one simply didn’t become a Sith in an instant. It was a process, and who she became as a Sith was in a small part due to the influences of other Sith around her that would help shape her. Sith like him.

And what about you, Darth Strosius? You were a slave like me, once upon a time, yes? What brought you to this point? What drove you to become a Sith?” Revna asked him in a softer voice, her eyes still burning with her curiosity and her desire to know more.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The questions about himself didn't seem to surprise the masked man, given how he nodded in acknowledgement as though he had been expecting them. They were commonly asked given how prominent and singular he was in his authority over the Order of Wonosa. The founder, the leader, the strongest and wisest, the Breaker of Chains. Attention went hand in hand with the burden of responsibility and leadership, but he had long since adopted such burdens and hardly felt them weighing him down at all anymore.

"It is a long story young Revna. Not all details are pleasant nor are they fondly remembered, but context and history are important to understanding the weight of the present." Darth Strosius took another few steps closer and sat down on one of the chairs next to the new arrival, folding his hands in his lap and leaning back as casually as could be expected. If nothing else, the masked man was certain of his own familiarity and role within the room and not an ounce of hesitation could be felt from him as he began speaking once more.

"I was born on Kessel to a pair of enslaved Spice miners." He began simply, his head idly tilting back as though he was recalling the memories in some vivid display in his mind. "They were humble people, hardened by lives spent as property, but they were loving and kind. They were taken from me shortly after I reached the age of nine, killed in a collapse that was entirely avoidable had proper safety regulations been in place." Cutting corners on proper construction was simple easy to do when one's workforce could be bought with the credits saved from such measures.

"Our owner took me in after that. The exact reason escapes me but I believe it was somewhere between pity and wanting to build sympathy from his slaves. He was the manipulative sort like that. Generous when you followed him blindly, cruel when you took one step out of line." His tone dipped lower into a more sour note as he spoke of his owner, disgust being the chief emotion evident in his words. Being reminded of his slavery filled him with wrath but aside from a subtle sensation within the Force of his repressed anger there was no other sign of it. A controlled and leashed wrath, one that did not betray or usurp him but was instead honed like a cutting edge.

"I think he wanted me to be a sort of heir, a chosen slave risen above the rest to eventually rule over them. But I hated him, and he knew that. Nothing he did, whether it be gifts or threats, could change that. The only time he ever caused me any amount of joy was when I finally choked the life from his pathetic body." In spite of his grim words he managed a chuckle. A rather sadistic one given the topic but one that clearly expressed amusement at the very least. "But that was not until many years later. I had to suffer his 'parenting' until I grew to be nineteen. That was when everything changed, when the mine was raided by pirates and all of the slaves were captured. Myself included."

Darth Strosius shifted slightly, crossing one leg over the other. A very subtle change in demeanor but one that made sense given that the preamble was done. "I was given to a crew of five, their only prize for their minimal efforts in the raid, and before I knew it I was chained in a storage room of their ramshackle freighter. That was when I discovered my blessings. When I prayed and begged and cried out for freedom. And the Force answered." Again the reverence crept into his voice to replace the otherwise grim and spiteful words that he had been speaking before. "In my anger and desperation, it revealed to me its gift and I shattered my bindings with its power. My wrath propelled me forward as I slaughtered the pirates that had taken me, one by one." He still sounded so very proud of that fact even if his deeds far eclipsed the murder of five pirates by now.

"With vengeance and justice done I reflected on my new abilities. I had heard tales of the Jedi and the Sith, of the Force. The Jedi would call themselves bringers of peace, the saviors of the galaxy." He scoffed and shook his head at the notion as though he were disagreeing with some point brought up during an argument. "But it was not peace nor the Jedi that had saved me. It was not patience that had freed me from servitude. The way of the Sith, of power and control, had saved me. So with the stars of the universe looking upon me for the first time and the realization that the Dark Side of the Force had allowed me to seize control of my destiny, I set the coordinates for Sith space and the rest is history."

Finally the masked man looked back at Revna as he concluded his recounting and nodded to her. "I was blessed by the Force and set free by its power, therefore I felt it only right to work in service to what had freed me. I chose to serve something greater than mere mortals, greater than a greedy and wretched owner, greater than myself. I chose the Sith, for we are the will of the Force."

Revna Revna

The Sith took his seat at the same table as her, and due to her instincts Revna tensed slightly, but found herself relaxing only a moment later. She flicked her gaze in his direction from time to time, but for the most part kept her gaze averted and her head slightly bowed- just as she had been taught to do for so many years. She was somewhat aware of her actions, her almost placating posture-much to her annoyance. But the truth was, she didn’t really know how to properly respond or act around an individual such as he. The Sith carried authority with him, she could see it and sense it, but it wasn’t the cruel authority of a slave-owner. She didn’t wish to show disrespect or disregard for what he had to say, and she didn’t want to come across as some child-like individual with no sense of manners, so she simply elected to show deference.

Revna listened to his tale in silence, a ghost of a smile touching her lips as he recounted instances of his dealings with his own slave-owners, and it widened a bit further when he shared how the Force had liberated him, just like it had liberated her.

She reflected then for a moment on this fact, this truth. She had been blind about the Force’s existence up until a little bit ago, and it still aided her in taking back her life. Strangely enough, the dark whispery Voice which had been her constant companion had been strangely quiet this entire time spent speaking with Darth Strosius. It had stirred within her spirit from time to time, but it was almost like it wanted her to hear what this Sith had to say. For her to hear the truth for herself, to come to terms with it, and no longer be afraid of it.

To accept it.

The Voice had extended its shadowed hand to her countless times, and the times she had taken that hand were the times she had exercised her justice on those she felt had deserved it. Yet she spurned that hand more times than she cared to count. She had been too afraid to “give in” to it. Hearing Darth Strosius speak now silently confirmed her growing suspicions she had about the dark presence that lurked within her own soul. It was the Voice of the Dark Side. And it had been with her since the very beginning.

It had…saved her, in a twisted way. Propelled her to fight and take back her life, to prove that she was more than a slave. To prove that her life was meant to be something more, something greater. Why else had she been given the gift of the Force?

But then she remembered why she had come to this place: though it had saved her, this Dark Side was also destroying her. It was untamed, raw power and she had no idea how to control it, how to wield it, or to use it to her advantage. She had only used it thus far to kill people. Not one or two people, but seven over the course of her short life…six of those in the last couple weeks since her escape. None of which she regretted, and she told herself she’d kill them all twice over if given the opportunity to.

She mulled over the Sith’s words about serving the power that had freed him. About becoming a Sith, and dedicating his life to following the will of this Force, more specifically the will of the Dark Side. It did resonate with her as well. She wanted to learn this power, and grow with it, to wield it. But she knew in order to do so, she was going to have to be willing to serve it too.

At first she balked at the idea. She was free…she didn’t want to serve something else. But she argued against that in her own head. There was a difference between being forced to serve someone or something, and being willing to do so. There was a certain freedom in service rendered out of one’s free will and choice.

So…was she willing to serve this Dark side, and give back to it for giving her her freedom? She had a feeling that if she took that step, then there would be a price to pay, a price demanded of her. The unknown frightened her, but it also thrilled her. She waged an internal war for a moment, her thoughts drifting back to the choice Darth Strosius had offered her a few minutes prior.

Thank you for sharing your story with me; it has helped me to understand who you are a bit better, where you came from and how you came to be who you are now. As I am sure you have picked up on already, I am a cautious person. I wanted to fully understand everything I could before making a decision on the choice you offered me. After listening to what you had to say about your religious Order, about this Force and the Dark side…I find myself aligning to it and if I may be honest, to you.” she paused briefly to catch and steady her breath. For some reason, she was once again very nervous and her body began to tremble slightly as she spoke aloud the thoughts that had been churning in her head this entire time.

Now I understand that the Voice I’ve heard in my heart throughout my life has been the voice of the Dark side. It has always been there with me, and it was what enabled me to free myself, and rid myself of those who would chain me down. It has extended its hand to me on numerous occasions, and has beckoned me to serve it. But I have always been too afraid to accept it. To…submit to it.” Revna murmured, casting her eyes briefly to the floor before lifting them again to look at the masked Sith who was sitting so near to her.

But I cannot deny the fact that I do need to learn more about this power I have. I need to learn how to use it properly so I don’t go on a rampage and slaughter everything and everyone around me. As entertaining as that would be, I feel that it would only cause more problems for me than solutions.” she chuckled the last part with a small smirk on her face. “So how does one go about any of this? How does one truly give themselves to the Dark side? Every time I’ve given in to it, someone ends up dead. Is there a process to becoming a Sith? Do I need to take classes or something? Register somewhere? And out of curiosity, what’s this ‘Sith Order’ like? I understand that you are the figurehead of your Order…but what about the Sith Order? Are you in charge of that too? Or does that fall to someone else? And what does your title mean, the ‘Darth’ thing?

All her questions bubbled out, her eyes lighting up once more as eagerness brightened her face. She was so thirsty for knowledge, having kept in the dark about almost everything her entire life. She felt silly asking all these questions, but she really didn’t know what the next step was here. But she knew Darth Strosius did, and she absolutely was going to take advantage of his knowledge and advice while she could.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Caution is the mark of wisdom, not cowardice. You are wise to seek more information before committing." The masked man noted with a warm tone, a small smile cropping up as she mentioned her alignment. Having more Sith at his side was always a goal but Revna in particular was fairly different from his usual cult members. Even the handful of Force Sensitives that they had saved rarely exhibited their power until after coming into contact with the cult, so having a new arrival that already had some idea of what she could do was rare. Not to mention having another Sith that had freed themselves through the Force as he did simply felt right.

He nodded as their gazes met once more and he listened to her desire for greater control over her abilities and power. "The temptation to let go will always be there I'm afraid, but with proper training and techniques you can harden your will and ensure that you are never overtaken by it." It was occasionally advantageous to let oneself be overtaken by the Dark Side, to become beings of rage and whatever other emotions empowered them, but such instances were fairly rare. Not to mention that there should always be knowledge and the skill of how to reel said unbound emotions in afterwards.

The slew of questions drew a chuckle from the Sith as he idly waved his hand to gesture for her to slow down and take a breath. "I admire your curiosity young one, but do pace yourself. There is much to learn and only so much can be done in one sitting." It had taken him a good chunk of his life to acquire all the answers that she currently sought after all. "We can discuss your connection to the Dark Side later, it is better to show than tell. As for the Sith? Well the process is hardly official but there are plenty of ways that one can become one. Most often you would be trained by an academy or personally by a master, usually by both in one form or another, and are granted the title of Sith after you prove yourself worthy of it."

His answer was vague but in truth so was the truth itself. While there were various ways, being a Sith was about adhering to their teachings and being strong enough to prove that you were one. It was a simple yet remarkably complex thing really. "If I were in charge of the Sith Order, then there would be no slavery in the galaxy." Whereas his previous answer had been vague and somewhat lighthearted, that response was filled with a grim determination. It was as if he spoke a fact rather than a hypothetical. "Unfortunately we are instead ruled by a, self-proclaimed mind you, Sith Emperor named Empyrean." There was no effort to hide the slight disgust at the mention of the emperor.

"'Darth' is a title almost as ancient as the Sith themselves. The exact origins are somewhat vague, but most agree that it is a shortening and colloquialism of the term 'Dark Lord'." Darth Strosius gestured to himself as he spoke, swiftly moving on from the topics that brought him some manner of ire. "However, Dark Lord is often seen as the title for the Sith that rules above all others. The Dark Lord of the Sith. So Darth instead became the term for those Sith who were masters of themselves and others yet not all, the Lords of the Sith."

Revna Revna

Revna slowed her pace and took a breath, calming herself with some difficulty. She knew he was right of course. Only so much could be learned or discussed in one sitting. She nodded as he spoke, taking mental notes as she listened.

She smiled grimly when he told her that one had to prove themselves worthy to be considered a Sith. "I am up to the challenge of proving myself worthy, if that is what it takes." She replied. A sliver of self doubt rose up in her for a moment, whispering that she would fail because she is weak, and all she is meant to do is serve. She forced those thoughts away angrily; had they been true then she wouldn't be sitting with and speaking to this Sith. She was capable of more than she knew. She had enduring years of suffering; she would make it her own and let it fuel her going forward.

She was beginning to see and understand that the Sith had a culture all their own that existed outside the rest of the galaxy. It was unique, and it called to her, even though she knew so little about it yet. With the Sith, she felt she would find a place to belong, even if it was in small measure. She wanted, and was eager, to embrace that.

She WOULD embrace it-becoming Sith. The more it settled into her bones, her soul, the more she was certain of it.

But first...she would need to prove herself to even have the right of counting herself amongst their ranks. That she was capable and strong enough to. And willing to do what must be done to get there.

Revna narrows her gaze as Darth Strosius explained who actually ruled the Sith and their Order; she put together that this Sith Emperor was not bothered by slavery and thus let it persist. Perhaps this Emperor even partook and practiced slavery. The thought of this made anger flash through her, and it burned her skin.

"If the Sith consider themselves strong, beings of power, then they don't need slaves." She said in a hard voice that was laced with anger. "If you need slaves to do things for you, then you haven't earned it by your own merit and don't deserve it. Even if you have all the power in the galaxy, if you rely on slaves for anything-then you are weak." She growled. She steadied herself and collected her thoughts once more. "That is my opinion, however. And I am sure my views would not be seen with favor by many, I imagine." She sat back in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest, a frown creasing her brow. She continued to mull over his words, learning and absorbing. " 'Darth'...it seems fitting for someone who would serve the Dark side. I like it...the way it sounds. It speaks of power and strength. And I am beginning to understand that this is what makes a Sith...power and strength. And probably other things too, I imagine. My understanding is still so limited."

After another few moments of further contemplation, she straightened herself up and turned her gaze back to the Sith seated with her.

"So....what is the next step for me? If I may be honest, I would like to stay here, to get my feet under me. I could maybe help where I can with your Order, and learn along the way and put what I've learned to good, practical use. That is...if you are willing to bring me into your fold. I don't want to interject myself into your religious Order or affairs without at least seeking permission first. Despite what I would like to do, I will do whatever you recommend or advise. Be it going to one of these academies or finding a master to teach me, or whatever it may be." She said, feeling bold enough to lay it out in the open for further discussion. She wasn't leaving here until she had an idea of what her next step in her new life would be.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The determined remark and the dedication that he could sense in her both brought another smile to his masked face as he nodded. She had come this far, he had little doubt that Revna could indeed find her own way to success and power. If she were properly motivated and her nascent potential was cultivated of course. For many Sith, they could see her eagerness and lack of alternatives as the perfect clay with which to mold their ideal apprentice or servant. Perhaps to some extent Darth Strosius was not that different, but he was genuine in his offer for alternative training even if her becoming a Sith was the only outcome he chose to mention. His only real qualm about letting her leave to join the Sith Order alone was his concern that she would be reduced to simple servitude once more, and that he could not allow.

Thankfully she didn't seem too thrilled at the prospect of Sith that still practiced slavery, a notion that he most certainly shared. "Well said young Revna! Your insights and judgements are all too accurate already." His praise had nothing to do with the fact that he agreed with both of her sentiments and outlooks that she mentioned. "There is more to the Sith than power and strength though, that is the pitfall that many of the current Sith Order fail to see. The Code also instructs us to be passionate and seek freedom as well, among other things. Power and strength are simply the most common aspect as it is the means by which the rest of the Code is brought to fruition."

The masked man perked up slightly as she turned to look back at him and his head cocked to the side as she asked about what was to come. Her desire to stay wasn't too surprising admittedly, given everything that they had discussed thus far, but it was still good to know for certain. "Only you can decide what you do from here on out. You are free, remember?" He idly gestured towards the crushed slave collar that was sitting discarded in a corner on the other side of the room from where they sat. "However if you do truly wish to stay with my cult and count yourself amongst our ranks, then I will not deny you. All of those that have worn bindings are welcome in the Order of Wonosa."

With that he stood and took a moment to smooth out his robes before turning to Revna and offering her a hand. Whether it was meant to be in agreement of some sort or simply to help her to her feet was unclear. "It would be a privilege to welcome another who has blessed by the Force into our ranks. We can discuss the finer details while I give you a brief tour of your new home, if you would like." Given what she had gone through he wouldn't be too surprised if she simply wanted somewhere to rest and a warm meal to go with it. That was the standard welcoming procedure for the cult, but given the circumstances there was no harm in breaking the usual routine just a bit. "Along the way I can provide some insight into the ways of the Sith that you'll be learning properly once you get settled in. I may not be able to offer a traditional academy experience here on Formos, but you will not be lacking peers nor proper instruction."

Revna Revna

Revna looked at the discarded, crushed collar that Darth Strosius gestured to.

Yes…she was free. It was a difficult concept, no-truth-for her to wrap her head around. Making personal decisions, her own choices…was daunting.

Movement drew her attention back to him and she watched him rise to his feet and smooth out the robes that adorned his frame. He then stretched out an offered hand, a beckoning to take the first step onto her new path. Revna sat still for a moment, staring at his hand. The Voice stirred and whispered into her heart and mind: Take it, and Rise. Become my blade in the Dark. She felt its nudge, and she took a deep breath and made the leap off the proverbial cliff she had been standing on since her arrival on Formos. She reached up and laid her small, almost child-sized pale hand in that of Darth Strosius’s offered hand and rose to her feet, looking at him with a fire in her eyes as she did so.

Home. A smile graced her face; yes, she definitely liked the sound of that!

I would like that very much, thank you.” She replied respectfully. She stretched out her body a bit, easing the soreness from her legs from sitting for so long. Now that she was standing relatively close to the Sith, she realized just how imposing he truly was. He stood a foot taller than she did, and compared to his stature she looked frail and delicate. He was an impressive figure-of that she couldn’t deny.

She tore her gaze away from him as heat colored her cheeks a bit and she silently cursed her shyness. Maybe that was something that would disappear over time as she learned what it meant to be a Sith. She didn’t want to be shy or meek, she wanted to be bold and fearless. Her gaze instead travelled back to the collar on the floor. Stretching out her senses as she had taught herself to do as a child, she felt the object in question through the energy that was the Force, and with a small motion of her hand, the crumpled collar flew from the floor and into her awaiting palm with no effort on her end. She didn’t want to leave her trash in here. She returned her bright and curious gaze to the Sith.

I am excited to learn more and see what you have to show me. Perhaps even meet others of the Order as well.” She purposefully said the Order instead of ‘his Order’; and soon, perhaps she would be a member of it herself, and then she could consider it her Order as well. “Perhaps it is for the better that I learn here and not at an academy anyway; I…don’t know if I would be able to learn to the best of my abilities in such an environment.” She shrugged. “Then of course I wouldn’t truly know as I’ve never attended any sort of education or schooling for anything. Just one on one tutoring, and most of that was by my Mother.” She paused, then glanced back at the Sith, a curious frown on her face once more. “If you don’t mind me asking, are there certain procedures or actions that need to be done by individuals who wish to join as members of the Order of Wonosa? And is there a term for someone who studies or learns the ways of the Sith? I imagine there is.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The masked man gave Revna a deep bow of his head as she took his hand and stood, crossing his arms behind his back while she stretched as he idly took a step towards the door that he had entered into the lounge from. There was much to do indeed to get her integrated into the cult properly. The tour would serve as a good first step though, introductions could be saved for later. Before his stride could continue though he noticed the collar flying across the room and paused to follow its path to her grasp with his eyes, his gaze shifting to meet her own as she spoke up again.

"The academy training is often hard. They do indeed churn out Sith, but they also have a habit of stifling those very same Sith with biases and the costs of their training." Not to mention that Sith Acolytes often times had to fight against one another for certain trials, and not every fight was a simple spar where both parties got to walk away afterwards. Even despite his own informal training he had been set up against his fellow Sith once or twice in his youth. "You will find your training here to be a bit more personal than what any of the academies can offer, far more like what you are used to." Such were the benefits of having a Sith Lord willing to take an Acolyte under their wing.

"Induction into the Order of Wonosa is a fairly simple process, one that will often happen rather unconsciously until your initiation ritual. For now all you will be expected to do is learn and abide by both the rules as well as the members of the cult with authority. Nothing too grand or strenuous will be asked of you until we believe that you are ready for such things." He gestured for her to follow as he made his way towards the door that he had entered in from, one of his fingers flicking up as he neared it so that the door would slide open. "As for the term you're looking for, for now you will be called an Acolyte. An Acolyte of the Sith. In time you will grow to become a Sith yourself, but that will be much later."

Darth Strosius stepped out of the building and his idle gaze landed upon the settlement that splayed out before them. The initial buildings near the spaceport, one of which they were exiting now, were a short walk away from the main cult's home. Just enough so that one could get a decent look at the thriving community before they really began reaching the streets and houses. "Allow me to formally welcome you to Formos, Acolyte Revna." He glanced back at her with a nod as his stride resumed to lead the way towards the settlement. "And to your new home, the Dresuoti."

The wind picked up as they walked, the masked man's robes flowing both with it and his steady movement. "Oh and please do not mind any looks you may receive once we get into town, it is not often that I'm the one showing one of our new members around. Usually one of the greeters that you met earlier would be handling your introduction in that regard."

Revna Revna

Revna slipped the collar into a pocket of her trench cloak as she eagerly stepped across the room to follow Darth Strosius. She was pleased to hear that she would be receiving instruction on a more personal, one to one level and smiled with the knowledge. Her whole countenance had changed in the short time since being on Formos, and in this building. She had entered into it scared and nervous and and unsure of what life would be like for her moving forward, and now she was getting ready to step out of it with a new purpose and a direction for her life, as well as a whole new understanding of herself and the gift she had been given in the Force. She could have danced and sung with joy with the happiest emotions she had ever felt in her life…if she knew how to dance and sing, that was. She couldn’t really help the overflow of these purer emotions; she didn’t want to hinder or stop them anyway. She was free!

The door slid open with a simple gesture of the Sith’s hand, and they both stepped out onto the surface of Formos. Despite her small size and his greater stature and thus longer strides, she kept up with him fairly well, keeping to his left and slightly behind him. Before her spread out a settlement, Dresuoti as the Sith had called it as he welcomed her. It definitely wasn’t the typical vision of a settlement; it appeared to be something like a cross between a scrapyard and camp for refugees; her eyes flitted from one building to the next, taking in everything with keen eyes, noticing the walls and the guard towers, and the larger building that appeared to be some sort of communication array near the center of the settlement itself. The place looked very…unassuming, and she had a feeling this was by design. It certainly wasn’t like the vast cities she had lived in, or the estates or penthouses she had served in. And she loved it already. It was perfect. And they hadn’t even stepped foot inside the settlement proper yet. She could barely contain her excitement.

Revna glanced up at the Sith briefly once more. “What are these rules? If you don’t mind me asking. And how should I refer to you now?” she questioned him, understanding enough that there probably was a decorum she should follow. She was a being of honor and respect, and she wanted to give due respect to those she felt deserved it, which he certainly did.

She felt the wind whip around the two of them, rippling her black trench cloak about her and blowing her dark hair about her face. She tried, in vain, to tuck the strands behind her ears and made a mental note to somehow find a way to cut it short again. She liked her longer locks but shorter hair was easier to manage and certainly didn’t stab one in the eyes or get in one’s mouth on a windy day.

I will do my best not to mind it too much.” she said with a hint of apprehension in her voice as they neared the settlement. Though the idea of being stared at was a bit nerve wracking to her, she nonetheless kept her chin up. She was determined not to show nervousness or fear here; there was no reason for it. Besides, with her new life beginning as a Sith Acolyte, then she knew she had to conquer such timid emotions. What better time to do so than now? They were emotions of a slave, which she was no longer. It wouldn't be easy, she knew, but she had a fighting spirit.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"Ah yes, the rules." He supposed those were important to go over if one was expected to abide by them. Something that he had forgotten to mention in all of the excitement, either that or he was simply out of practice with introductions these days. Perhaps he needed to begin personally greeting new arrivals again rather than simply leaving it to the Priests and Prelates. "They are few and simple really." There were only a few that he would think weren't simply standard fare when it came to living in any community.

"Treat your neighbors, your fellow believers and Sith, with respect and cordiality. Know and live by the Sith Code. Do your part for the order and encourage others to do theirs. And never betray the cult, nor allow yourself to be drawn in by heretical dogma and be led astray. If you decide to embrace our faith as well then there are a couple more, but unimportant to list for now." No sense in overwhelming the poor girl this early on. Not with a bunch of rules and punishments at least.

Darth Strosius cast a glance back at her as he sensed the apprehension in her tone, one that was quickly replaced by a brave face. "They're simply curious. Soon enough you'll consider them as close as family." Given how common it was for slaves to be orphans or otherwise lacking in relatives, at least within the cult if not in general, it was only natural for little found families to crop up. A notion that he himself certainly encouraged.

"You may refer to me as Darth Strosius, High Priest, High Priest Strosius, even simply Strosius if you are feeling particularly casual." He gave a small chuckle as he turned back to look at Revna again right before they reached the outskirts of the settlement. "High Priest is my most common name among your new neighbors, no matter how informal I encourage them to be." It was rather amusing, as well as a compromise for them not referring to him by a more grandiose title. Keeping such things simple helped him appear far more approachable, in his mind at least.

The moment that the pair of Sith stepped past the first few homes on the outskirts of the settlement, the atmosphere shifted almost instantly. The wind died down, smothered by the buildings, and the sounds of daily life took its place as the main source of noise. Children could be heard running and laughing, families and groups chatting while performing their chores or tasks for the day, the usual hustle and bustle of a community. Speaking of children and families, a ball bounced in front of the masked man and caused his stride to pause.

A giggling child ran after it, seeming not to notice either of the Sith, from small side street that the pair was about to walk past. Before she could get too far though, a young woman scooped her up from behind with a frantic and slightly panicked look. "Eriaba! Watch where you're going! You almost ran into-" Her admonishment of the, now squirming, girl in her arms faltered as her head turned to the side to spot the masked man and Revna.

Her eyes shot open wide and she choked on her words for a few moments. "H-High Priest! My apologies I-I-" A raise of his hand made her stop speaking once more. The bouncing ball suddenly flew into his grasp from where it had rolled down another street and he immediately offered it to the girl, her squirming stopping as she clutched the ball with a wide grin. "You really must keep a sharper eye on your sister Maeselle, she appears to be quite slippery." The masked man noted with a chuckle that caused the young woman to look away in a bit of embarrassment. With a small bow of her head she left, quickly walking back the way that she had come from while quietly threatening her sister with no lunch for her little escaping stunt.

Darth Strosius continued forward once more and turned back to Revna as he idly gestured forward. "Most of the cult will be at or about to begin their lunch. so there shouldn't be too many crowds. I wouldn't want you to get lost amidst the rush of the work day after they get done eating, so I shall take you to the cathedral to discuss your lodgings."

Revna Revna

Rules were something that Revna was relatively used to, and they didn’t bother her at all; in fact she knew that rules were necessary to keep societies structured and in order, and she found herself noting them down mentally. They made sense to her; be respectful and kind, do your part, so on and so forth. She tilted her head slightly and felt a small half smirk touch her face when the Sith listed off the rule about never betraying the cult nor allowing herself to be led astray by other views or ideals that might be considered heretical. Now those rules sounded more in line with a religious order, and though he left it unsaid, she imagined that the punishment for betrayal or being led astray were probably severe. Rules such as these actually didn’t bother her at all: she considered herself a loyal person, when the loyalty was deserved.

Being led astray, however…that might prove to be a small challenge for her. She left it unsaid, but she knew herself and her near undying hunger for knowledge and information. She truthfully didn’t know, at least not right now, if she could resist hearing or entertaining other ideas or views. But that was something she could deal with later, if it ever became an issue for her.

I will commit those rules to memory, and any others that come in due time.” she replied. “They are practical and agreeable to me.”

The small woman blinked at the mention of eventually considering these strangers as family; that was a concept she hadn’t even thought of coming here, one that did bring up emotions she wasn’t expecting to feel either. Other than her Mother, she had never had a family. One’s fellow slaves came and went so frequently that it was unwise to form bonds to any of them. Even Revna’s mother had tried to teach her daughter to distance herself from her own flesh and blood, telling her that ‘one day I won’t be around and you need to learn to live your life without me there’. Though she knew her Mother loved her very much, the elder woman had been a bit distant with Revna growing up.

It was hard to fathom what having a family would even look like, even if it was a family not made of one’s own blood. It was a deep yearning that Revna had had all her life. But even with this understanding and knowledge, she still felt a bit of hesitancy and aloofness. She had been hurt a lot in her life, and she didn’t know if she could open herself up or trust others around here. Not yet, anyway.

She didn’t let it be made obvious (at least she hoped not), but she was even still a bit aloof of Darth Strosius. Not enough to make her change her mind about joining his Order of Wonosa or finding someone else to teach her the ways of the Sith…but she certainly wanted to see how he operated and how he managed his cult and those under him before truly lowering her guards and trusting him.

The Sith informed her of the titles-formal or non-that she could refer to him by, and she dipped her head in acknowledgement of these. “I will probably refer to you more formally, to be respectful. Until perhaps I get to know you a bit better.

Finally stepping into the settlement proper, Revna was momentarily bombarded with the sounds of an active community, her eyes darting everywhere as her sharp senses tried to pick out every little noise or movement. She almost appeared twitchy or nervous, but it was just her way of absorbing all the incoming stimulus. She did notice people of various races and types stop to watch her and Darth Strosius with curious looks and gestures; she glanced at a few of them as she tried to take everything in, even smiling sheepishly at a few as she passed by. There was no sense of danger or judgment here, and the realization of this made her relax more. She found herself smiling as she watched children of all ages and races play within the community, amused by their antics.

She drew to a halt when a ball bounced out from the side and in front of them, chased by a little girl who was being pursued by an older girl who caught her in her grasp. Revna remained quiet as she watched the encounter unfold, taking note of the young woman’s startled reaction upon seeing the tall Sith. She stuttered, offering an apology to Darth Strosius-who recalled the ball to his hand to give it back to the giggling little girl with a small admonishment to the older sister. The older girl-Maeselle, as Revna learned-reacted as one might do when coming face to face with a person held in high regard. It was her first clue as to how the people of the settlement viewed their High Priest.

Once the two girls had walked away, Revna and Darth Strosius continued onward, and she gave a chuckle to his comments.

I wouldn’t want to get lost either…though I have a feeling people around here would be more than happy and willing to help me find my way around. So…I take it there is some sort of daily structure set up here? I’m assuming everyone is expected or given a task or duty to perform around here.” she questioned as she looked around the two of them to the various structures as she was led towards this cathedral the Sith mentioned.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
"That they would." Given how winding the streets of the settlement had become over time it wasn't uncommon for newer residents to get lost amidst the houses. They hadn't expected it to grow as big as it had so proper planning was still a fairly recent concept that they had yet to master. One of these days they'd have to do some renovations, even if the idea of it would probably result in a week of sleepless nights to plan such renovations. Definitely something that he'd have to set aside plenty of time for when he had the chance.

"Sort of. Unlike a traditional settlement or town we don't exactly have local business like most would. Generally most people get organized into certain groups which have specific tasks during an average week." Sometimes weekends as well but those shifts were usually only for guards and the like. "Tasks such as construction, scrapping, farming, trading, and industrial work are the types of jobs that fall under these groups. They work throughout the week like one would expect but we don't really use credits too much internally, bartering and sharing comprise most of our interactions when it comes to goods and services." Another system that had sort of been outgrown by now but still worked enough to not bother changing. For now.

Darth Strosius weaved through the streets and houses expertly, occasionally pausing in his explanation to nod or give a quick greeting to one of the idle groups of residents that they passed by. As expected most people appeared to be in their homes or not too far away but there were still some people out and about. "Then you have the more special roles that work more traditionally. Guards and military personnel, Priests and local leaders called Prelates who are responsible for keeping the groups organized and efficient. As well as the few other Sith in our ranks."

Finally the pair emerged into what appeared to be some sort of city center, with a few kiosks and small shops arranged around the plaza that mostly appeared to be closed. The ones that were open were selling handmade goods, clothing and metalworks and the like. A little market really. Though attention would be quickly drawn to the structure that occupied the center of the area, and roughly the center of the settlement itself, a towering building that stood as the tallest in the settlement and sported a rather impressive communications array atop it.

"Ah, here we are." The masked man paused and spread his arms wide as he gestured to the building before them. "Welcome to the Cathedral. Heart of our cult and where you can find me most often while I'm here on Formos. Should you have any need of our priests, they reside here as well." He strode forward and the guards that stood before the large doors to the building snapped to attention as they noticed their approach. The soldiers on the flanks of the building saluted while the hooded and masked individuals bowed as they pushed open the doors to allow entry.

Inside the Cathedral was quiet as usual. illuminated by a plethora of candles and some glowing carvings along the pillars and floor. While the rest of the settlement had been seemingly devoid of the Force, aside from Darth Strosius himself as well as a handful of other residents, the Cathedral was soaked in the Dark Side. A cold and overpowering yet oddly welcoming presence that radiated a feeling that resembled an echo of the masked man's own signature in the Force.

"Now follow me up to the meeting room, it should be cleared out by now and it will allow me to show you your possible lodging locations." Clearly unbothered by the distinctly heavy presence of the Dark Side, the Sith Lord turned and headed for the stairs that led to the upper levels of the cathedral, passing by another hooded individual with an incense burner that he exchanged a quick greeting with.

Revna Revna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom