Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Seeing Beyond the Rim [Svivren Enclave Training]

Time: Early Morning

XqhjsZj.png

Amilthi had risen before sunrise, meditated, and taken an early breakfast before making her way to one of the training halls. The morning light that fell through the windows was bathing the room in a warm glow. From a stack in her arms, she was distributing cushions on the floor in a rectangular grid, with a single one separately at the front of the arrangement. Wearing a coarse, blue-grey skirt and a washed-out rosé shirt, closed with a sash instead of buttons, she was a very unassuming appearance and could well have passed for a simple housewife on any of the poorer Outer Rim worlds. But her bearing was uncannily incongruous with any such station, she moved deliberately and with surety and held herself with a quiet confidence, resting calmly in herself, her gaze cool, inquisitive, and alert. She was very faintly smiling to herself.

When the first student arrived, she gestured for them to come up to her and quietly asked their name and a handful of questions. What had they been practicing recently? How many hours a day had they been sitting in meditation and what had been the object of meditation - breath, bodily sensations, visual phenomena, auditory phenomena, external objects altogether, or none at all? Had they had any recent experiences of particular impact? And - a matter to which she appeared to assign particular importance, and about which she would probe further if she didn't receive a clear enough answer - when they meditated now, was the focus of their attention naturally sharp and narrow, or was it wide, capturing a larger part of the field of consciousness?

Eventually, she would give them a nod of acknowledgement and point them to one of the cushions to take a seat. So she would proceed with every student in turn as they came in.

QVGWVwR.png

This is a training thread on the topic of Force Sense and Farsight. - as such, it'll be open to both more and less advanced practitioners of the Force, Padawans, Knights, and even other Masters if they feel they could benefit. Not everyone will be learning the exact same thing - if you come in here as a Padawan, please don't leave with Farsight, that's just too much.

This is not going to be thread where people sit around together for one afternoon and then have magically acquired a new ability. I want to give everyone an opportunity to have their character undergo real, slow development. Consequently, the thread will not be about a single class session, but about a course, with time skips between rounds of posting on the order of a week or even multiple weeks, so you have room to explore your character's experiences, struggles and successes.

We should probably not hold ourselves to a posting order in the thread, because if we do, it will die. Feel free to post as often as you like.

Last edited:
Svivren had a much different feel than the Silver Rest. Not as stuffy or prestigious, Jerek usually felt cramped in the Rest's atmosphere. The expectations and august presence of so many of the Order's greats made him stir crazy, and recently the padawan had become keenly aware of how much it affected him. As much as he thrived in the classroom, he relished any chance to get offworld and free of that stifling environment.

Perhaps, the padawan mused, Svivren even reminded him of Ossus.

It was certainly far enough into the Outer Rim, removed from the tumultuous Core worlds and safe from the northern threats of the Sith or other things that went bump in the night. Surrounded by dense forests, whose canopy could actually be seen from the ground, it was a place that his first master would have thrived in. The first time Jerek observed the enclave from the air as his starfighter approached, he knew it was special.

When Jerek saw today's class advertised on the Jedi Comport, he jumped at the opportunity to participate. Not only did it get him offworld and help vary his learning, he recognized the name of the instructor.

"Hello, Master Camlenn," Jerek said as he entered, giving her a slight bow. She looked dressed in comfortable clothes, and the attire only enhanced the chill vibe the boy got from this enclave overall. Truth be told, he was probably overdressed today in his padawan's garb, but his threads felt like as home to him as Svivren already felt. "It's been a while."

He answered her questions each, being honest about his meditation practices lately. Jerek usually found it easy to meditate, though his last encounter with Master Camlenn had been during a class by another Jedi who challenged that notion for him. He meditated almost daily and lately it had been directed toward the object of his Master Veiere's, or another of his instructors', requests. And though he had been through plenty since that last encounter on Sanctuary, Jerek's recent experiences had been structured by routine and repetition moreso than any special particularities.

"I guess my meditations are more wide," the padawan answered the Master's last question, and then shrugged slightly. "I don't know, I guess I never thought about it before."

"Ah, Master Camlenn," Tiland said with a smile as he approached. "Delighted to see you again." His gaze shifted to the sole other student. "And young Jerek Zenduu... I am glad to see you pursuing your study in things beyond fizzyglug." He gave the padawan a friendly, albeit mischievous smile.

He settled himself on one of the cushions, resting the staff across his crossed legs and tied back his hair into a topknot, before straightening his beard. "I rarely sit in meditation. Most frequently participate in the art of alchaka and other forms of moving meditation." He paused and contemplated for a moment. "As for focus..." The old Anzati shrugged. "I follow my feelings."

Despite being ancient, and a Jedi master himself, it was a good opportunity to learn. Humility was crucial for a Jedi, especially old ones. It was too easy to grow comfortable and complacent in one's knowledge. Infinite was the Force and not even a thousand years was long enough to truly learn everything. Always more, there was, especially when it came to the mystical aspects of the Force. Each Jedi had their own experience with and their own understanding. It was more than anyone could understand in a lifetime, regardless of how long. So, the best way was to learn from others.

Amilthi Camlenn Amilthi Camlenn Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom