Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Securing the future now

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"]

There came a time when you must look past flags and names and build a bridge to those one might call enemy. To when you must put down arms and look to a future where bloodshed from both sides will fade and peace may one day reign.

Even for a warrior like stardust, she was old within her years. Nearing 50...nearly 35 of it spent in war and as of late she was thinking about it...a peaceful future for her daughters...for her vod

This meant looking towards her enemy...well least the clans official enemy. Stardust talked with her clan and then talked with the silver jedi and cane to a agreement to have talks upon her planet of zeltros. The palace meeting room was cleaned and the table sat with different snacks for the diplomats, maids had drinks ready to be poured ranging from water to fine wines.

Stardust herself sat at the very front of the table, fidding with her outfit nervously as she took a deep breath then out. Her husband should be arriving least she hoped to help with these talks as she was most definitely not the political type

The Mandalorians were quite foreign to Aida.

During her many years of travel, theirs was a space where she dared not tread. She knew few of their kind on a personal level, but she had heard that they were fiercely protective of their Clans and territory. They were a warrior kind, nearly her opposite – she did not relish the idea of battle. It was a point she punctuated by never carrying a lightsaber, weapons did not have a place in her hands.

That is why it was something of a relief to have these talks carried out in Silver Space, at least to Aida. It was true that her time with the Order was a recent event, she had spent the past several months re-accustoming her self to temple life. But, even during her travels, she had maintained a thread that kept her tied to the Order. She knew of the attacks carried out by the Mandalorians, targeting Silver Space.

Were these the very same that had come to their space before? Aida herself could not say. However, it was telling that these of Clan Solus were seemingly willing to extend them this invitation. Perhaps the winds were changing again, perhaps things would be better – there was always room for such growth. And so, she would take this opportunity to listen well to the members of Clan Solus.

As their party arrived at the palace, Aida lifted the hem of her robe as they ascended the stairs. She said nothing to her companions, [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] and [member="John Locke"], but the corners of her mouth lifted slightly into a pleasant expression as they would make their way to the palace.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Cynthia Solus"], [member="Darben Skirae"]

This scenario was... An odd one. To say that the Silver Jedi Order didn't get along with the Mandalorians was an understatement. But Clan Solus, led by Queen Stardust Skirae, had extended the olive branch so to speak. While he couldn't help but feel apprehensive considering the whole civilian space station blowy up thingybabobby deal, the group of Senior Assembly Josh Dragonsflame and [member="Aida Aquila"] as well as the Assembly's [member="John Locke"] would make their way toward the palace to meet with the delegation sent.

Speaking of apprehension, Zeltros was Zeltros. Josh couldn't help but smile slightly at the... Memories of the occasion that had brought the alliance of the Order and Zeltros together. But he was all business when the trio would enter the palace and meet with Stardust and her delegation. Josh and Stardust went way back, to a relationship that had gone back and forth between casual friendship and casual intimacy. Though the two had been unable to speak at length for some time. When they did enter and meet with her, Josh would smile warmly as he would extend a hand to Stardust when they approached the table. She was looking a bit older since the last he'd seen her. Time worked in... Interesting ways for different people.

"Su'cuy."

The Mando'a spoken term for "Still alive"... The customary Mandalorian greeting. While Stardust had not been part of a Mandalorian clan at the time they had met, Josh knew she was now. And Josh had been taught this greeting as a child. It was his way of showing respect to the Mandalorians, as well as to ensure they knew they were amongst friends. People who understood. People who came with the right intentions.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] - [member="Darben Skirae"] - [member="Cynthia Solus"]

[member="Aida Aquila"] - [member="John Locke"]

Zeltros, the name of the planet conjured the images that propagated along the holonet, the clubs and the parties, the hedonism that everyone imagined when they thought of the planet. It was easy to forget that it was more than the parties that you thought of, that the planet had a functioning economy and government, that they have a government and even a monarchy. And that's where they were today, the palace of Stardust Solus Skirae, the queen of Zeltros, John had never actually met the Twilek but he'd heard of her, who hadn't? It was just a little different for the man, normally whenever he came across the Mandalorians it was generally across the dark void of space, but now, he had to admit he was curious to actually meet them in person. What he didn't expect was for Josh to greet the green-skinned twilek in Mando'a, his eyebrows reaching for his forehead, the man was full of surprises it seemed. "Well...I don't speak Mando'a but...hi?" The cyborg gave a small self-deprecating smile and shrugged his shoulders, "Thanks for having us over." That was good manners right? His mother had always impressed on him the importance of good manners.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Cynthia Solus"]

[member="Aida Aquila"] | [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

Darben Skirae had arrived with his wife, [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]. However, he had waited outside of the meeting room in the palace somewhere. Gathering up all that he had, with aid from assistants of course. He had much to gather over all of this. Between the clan of Solus and the Silver Jedi Order, Darben had a lot to work out over the past few days. There was tension to be sure, he had heard the news and read reports. As well as his own wife keeping him informed. Once he had datapads gathered, he nodded to his three assistants who held datapads as well.

He had an idea for this, and as he came in he sat down before signalling to his assistants. They moved around the table, setting down a datapad at every seat, whether taken or not. He sent a look to Star as if to say 'he knew what he was doing, occasionally glancing to the man by her. Then he stood to greet those there.

"Greetings from Zeltros! We are glad to host this meeting here, of such an opportunity!" he began, putting his hands out as if addressing the whole table and showing so. "My name is Darben Skirae. And my dear wife, Stardust Skirae has organized this meeting of minds for a treaty, as I am told! On each datapad you may share information through them for all to see that may help in this meeting." Darben Skirae sat down after that, smiling to himself.

[member="John Locke"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Cynthia Solus"]

[member="Darben Skirae"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Aida Aquila"]

She stood, glancing to he husband as she offered a smile and a nod to him before looking among those gathered. No doubt some of their best diplomats and...well force be damned

su'cuy gar, old friend, I see age hasnt affected you much has it?

Her attention turned towards the other two smiling

I want to thank the silver jedi for this meeting, with times as dark as they are now with the threat of the Sith and empires looming over our head...we need things like these

She nodded for everyone to sit as she relaxed into her chair sore a bit from past missions, even with her accelerated healing things were starting to get to her

however, those threats must be pushed to the side for this meeting, lest we lose focus of what this meeting shall hopefully bring. That being a treaty of a sorts between clan Solus and the silver jedi order

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Aida Aquila"]
Fcp8d3O.png

The ship made touch down finally at the palace. This place bought back some dark memory's for her, some that seemed so far away now. Cynthia knew she was running late although that was not her fault entirely. Her ship was picked up at the border as mandalorian. Sometimes one could slip by or make a jump before scans complete, this time however she could not afford to run those risks. The border processing took a long while, that bit into her preparation time and time with her wife. Zeltros was Stars world, by that right Cynthia was able to possess her weapons. Not with the intent of use but that she'd be staying a few days and bringing the important stuff was a necessity.

It took time walking to the meeting that had no doubt already started, Cynthia wondered what had already been said so far if anything had happens at all. This was not good for the alor of clan Solus. She hated been late to important things like this but what is done is done. The woman was in her full armor even the buy'ce (helmet) was covering her face. The armor was a symbol not of her position but as a beacon for what she believes her clan should strive for.

The door slid open seeing many faces inside. "Su cuy'gar. I am sorry I am late. My ship was held at the border and cut into my time getting here." She said and proceeded to walk into the room sitting next to stardust. "My name is Cynthia Solus, alor of clan Solus, leader for those who do not speak mando'a. I do apologise but I do not know the names of any of you. It was my Riduur's that helped set this up."

Aida's warm smile remained, but a brow quirked curiously as Master Dragonsflame greeted the Queen in her native tongue. There was much she still needed to learn about her fellow Assembly members, but there would be time plenty of time for that. Now, she needed to focus on greeting the members of Clan Solus, so that she could know them better.

A respectful bow was offered to the Queen [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], she had been very gracious to host them here for the meeting. And, her smile only grew at the warm welcome provided to them by [member="Darben Skirae"]. Last, but not least to arrive was [member="Cynthia Solus"], and Aida figured that it would be best to satisfy the Alor's need for introductions on the part of the Order.

Thank you for welcoming us,” She started, nodding to the Mandalorians. “My name is Aida Aquila, a senior member of the Silver Assembly. It seems you may already be familiar with my fellow Senior Assembly member, Master [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]. And, we have Mister [member="John Locke"] joining us today as well.”

Aida glanced sidelong at her Silver Jedi companions, blue eyes glinting enigmatically. She was eager to hear exactly what the Mandalorians would request as a far as a treaty went. It was an interesting development, to say the least, with the history between the two powers. But, for the moment she would remain silent, allowing her fellow Order members to further her introductions or commence the talks, if they wished.

John raised a hand in greeting to the armoured woman who had just joined them, beckoning her over to the table, "You're not too late, we're just getting started on the introductions now." It was interesting, it looked like it was true, Mandalorians always wore their armour, ever to friendly talks, it made him wonder where else they wore it and how he could make armour more comfortable, perhaps some kind of softer inner suit designed for extended periods of wear. The man shook his head, quickly trying to refocus his thoughts before he spent the rest of hte meeting designing a new, better armour system, it had happened before more than once. It was a little disconcerting, but then he assumed that was the point, and he thought that he'd seen it written somewhere that it was part o their code to always be in armour which he could respect from a warrior people. Better to be prepared.

"So, shall we? I was, interested," yes interested was the right word, "to receive the invitation to come and meet you here. I don't actually think I've met a Mandalorian face to face before, although it appears Josh might have the advantage on me there." A smile played across the cyborg's lips as he inclined his head towards the Jedi Master. "So please pardon me if this is rude but...who's a Riduur? Did I say that right?" He'd learnt enough to know that making a hash of someone's language wasn't a great plan. The man gestured at Stardust, "Maybe it'd be a good starting point if you laid out what you were hoping to get out of the treaty first? That way we're all on the same page."
[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Darben Skirae"] | [member="Cynthia Solus"]​
[member="Aida Aquila"] | [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]​

"Thankfully" He joked in turn toward Stardust's remarks about his age. "I don't know what I'd do if I started to grow old. Things... Wouldn't be so fun anymore, I suppose" He spoke as others would begin to file in. He noted that he had caught the attention of his fellow Assembly member, [member="Aida Aquila"] and he would shoot her a small grin from the corner of his mouth, and looking toward her with the side of his eye. He would allow his associate to make the introductions for them further, in order to keep [member="Cynthia Solus"] and [member="Darben Skirae"] in the loop and to continue to allow Master Aquila to gain her footing in the field.

"Su'cuy to you all, as well. It's a pleasure to finally have the opportunity to get together and speak our minds. But I have to agree with [member="John Locke"] - please, tell us what is on your minds. It is why we came, after all."

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

Darben Skirae was happy with the turn out. It seemed everyone that had been invited to the proceedings had arrived, very much on time in fact. If anyone had been late, he would have been a little annoyed but would have brushed it off. He knew how these meetings went sometimes, as he had been busy plenty of times. A track record of such, so to say. Once they were all gathered, he let John Locke take the floor on asking about the course of the meeting and it's purpose. He would leave the answer of what the Clan Solus wanted out of this, but did however answer the fact of the term 'Riduur'.

"It stands for 'partner'. You see, Stardust and Cynthia Solus are married to each other. It is...confusing to some but not so much to me." It never was confusing to him. But he left it at that, seeing it as not so important to this meeting. "As for why, I will leave that to Stardust and Cynthia. I am merely here to direct the meeting forth, provide information on what I know from both sides. With Commenor having joined the Silver Jedi Order, I am one of you I assume?"

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Cynthia Solus"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Cynthia Solus"]

yes, thank you darben. Now as for what we wish to speak of is something of a mutual protection, a you help me I help you sort of agreement

She let that sink in, tapping a few controls in front of her to bring up a map of the territories

as you can see, we arent to far from one another, our territories have a small buffer area between the two factions.

She tapped again bringing vanquo in view

this is the homeworld of my riduurs clan, it's not to far from the buffer zone at all as you can see. Recently me and cynthia have talked a bit about the future what we wish to see and the protection of the planet came up

"That is up to you, Sir Darben" Josh would correct. "Nobody is forcing you, regardless of our ties to Commenor. We do not rule it. If you wish to aid us in the future, we will gladly accept it. But it is not mandated unless you choose for it to be."

Josh very much had to try very hard to hold in a snort when it turned out that "riduur" meant "partner" to some extent, though it sounded like they were trying to make it more complicated or something like that too, something the Jedi Master blinked a few times at but otherwise just sort of shrugged it off in turn. It wasn't why he was trying to hold in a laugh, of course... It was more the fact she said "my riduur" aloud.

Taking a deep breath in order to regain what composure he had lost, he would listen as Stardust would detail her terms for their engagement. Josh pondered a moment the idea. They would be protecting a planet smack dab in the Mandalorian Empire's territory, which could be a problem. If it was worth it for the help they would get from such a small force, he wasn't sure. On the other end, making allies was an important thing as well.

Looking back toward his delegation a moment, giving them a look that indicated he would be asking questions and welcoming them to ask as well before coming to a consensus, he would turn back to Stardust.

"Your territory is smack dab in the middle of Mandalorian Empire territory, yes?" He would inquire, his expression switching in an instant. Where he had been warm and affectionate and witty with Stardust before, it was replaced with sternness and stoicity as the matter became serious. It was time for him to be upfront and honest about the affair, if they were to involve the Mandalorian Empire in any way. "The Mandalorian Empire has attacked us in the past, and has inflicted crimes of terrorism within Silver Space. Should they decide to take advantage of our attempts to protect your territory should the need arise, that could be an issue. Not to mention the whole issue of us intruding in Mandalorian Space to begin with."

He wanted Clan Solus' impressions on the matter before he proceeded. It wasn't a no, of course. Nor was he stating he was lumping them in with those that had been charged with crimes within their space. He genuinely thought that the group had the best interests of everyone involved at heart and was absolutely open to a working relationship between them. And him personally... Well, he was interested in Clan Solus for his own reasons. Josh wanted this just as much, if not more than anyone else in this room. But Josh had a job to do, and he wanted to see what they thought of the risks involved, and if they had anything in mind to accomodate. Of course, he figured Stardust had already considered this. She'd been a leader long enough to evaluate these sorts of things beforehand, especially considering they had wanted the meeting. So he was sure she had something in mind.

"As-is, I would certainly be open to a non-aggression pact. I would like to do more of course, and would love to hear ideas on how to make that work."

He looked back toward Aida and John and smiled slightly.

"Input on all sides is welcome, obviously. I would love to see this work out in all measures possible."

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] - [member="Darben Skirae"] - [member="Cynthia Solus"]

[member="Aida Aquila"] - [member="John Locke"]

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"] [member="Darben Skirae"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Aida Aquila"] [member="Cynthia Solus"]

yes, thank you darben. Now as for what we wish to speak of is something of a mutual protection, a you help me I help you sort of agreement

She let that sink in, tapping a few controls in front of her to bring up a map of the territories

as you can see, we arent to far from one another, our territories have a small buffer area between the two factions.

She tapped again bringing vanquo in view

this is the homeworld of my riduurs clan, it's not to far from the buffer zone at all as you can see. Recently me and cynthia have talked a bit about the future what we wish to see and the protection of the planet came up

Aida remained thoughtfully quiet, listening to the words said by Queen Stardust and the responses by Master Dragonsflame. A brow did arch upon hearing the Queen mention her riduur's world, which was currently in Mandalorian Empire space. My, this did complicate matters.

However, it seemed that Master Dragonsflame had similar concerns, and voiced them for the delegation. Though she had not been present in Silver Space during the Mandalorian attacks, word had even reached her during her travels. Her fellow assembly member raised some very good points, prompting a small nod from Aida.

“Unfortunately, I do not believe it is our place to interfere with a world that lies outside of our own influence – and in the space of a neighboring power, no less.” Aida said, giving a solemn bow of her head. “But, as Master Dragonsflame suggested, there are options – a non-aggression pact would be beneficial to us both. We could, possibly, discuss a pact of mutual defense as well... if everyone here is amenable.”

Of course, the Order of the Silver Jedi did not seek to complicate matters that took place outside of their space. But, they were also not the type to turn a blind eye when aid was truly needed.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member="Josh Dragonsflame"], [member="Darben Skirae"], [member="John Locke"], [member="Cynthia Solus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom