Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Secrets of the Dark Side I [Darth Veles]

| [member="Darth Veles"] |

Darth Vupua sat inside the quarters of a Star Destroyer in service to the First Order. She was waiting for the man she had met when she had first joined the Knights of Ren some weeks ago. Rested upon a table erected in the center of the dark room was the Sith Holocron. Constructed by the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Revan, in a time before the Four-Hundred Year Darkness, it held secrets and knowledge only worthy of those who coveted the same moniker he had once wore. All these centuries later, another Dark Lord coveted the wisdom, knowledge and secrets that the holocron held. She had made it available for the Knights of Ren to study and learn from, so that over time, men such as Avreet would more inclined to see her way. Gifts were often invited friendship.

Hooded, Avedia Lacroix waited for the Mon Calamari's arrival.

Veles’ silent footsteps roamed the Star Destroyer’s impersonal corridors gave away his position. Men clad in white armour or fitting black uniforms received no sign of acknowledgement, the robed Mon Calamari walked past them without sparing as much as a glance, his mind devoted to what awaited him aboard the monstrous vessel in the foreseeable future. While the prospect of acquiring more power had naturally intrigued the Sith Lord, it was the mysterious woman’s strange generosity that seemed odd. Power always came at a price, what would he have to pay for taking a peek into the holocron veiling Darth Revan’s secrets? Its owner’s strange and powerful presence continued to baffle him also as he neared the room, his own signature daringly brushing against the other Force user.

Once the door hissed open and the assassin entered the chamber bathed in shadows, his moving past the doorway first, the Mon Cal’s amber gaze immediately goggled towards the holocron stealing the spotlight right in the room’s centre. For all his inner lust to claim the device, the amphibious Sith turned in his new associate’s direction and offered her a courtly nod accompanied by a sweet smile. Combined with the lack of strong illumination, her hood did a perfect work at concealing the powerful mystic’s facial features.

“It is a pleasure to meet you again, Ms Lacroix,” states the Sith Lord smoothly, cybernetic gaze scanning the room before settling upon the woman’s figure again and measuring her inquisitively, “One Sith? Primeval? Independent? Either way, you certainly know how to wield considerable power given you’re in possession of such a powerful artifact. Impressive!”

[member="Avedia Lacroix"]

"My Order far surpasses them," spoke Avedia softly, the outline of her mouth barely visible in the hue of the crimson light, which shone from the holocron in between the Mon Calamari and the Human woman. She was sat in the edge of a bed, legs folded together in an almost meditative stance. The Dark Lord decided to wet her lips before continuing. "This Holocron was discovered during an expedition launched by the Black Tie Syndicate, a criminal alliance of varying crime lords and business inclined people, who had no problem doing the necessary things to get ahead."

Avedia assumed that Avreet would understand what she was saying when she used the word necessary. She gestured to the Holocron. "The Sith Holocron of Darth Revan is not the only artifact that my Master discovered before their late demise. I know the last owner of Darth Vectivus' Sith Holocron. I know who currently holds the Holocron of Freedon Nadd. In particular, the individual who owns Freedon Nadd's secrets is believed to be in possession of other Holocrons, or artifacts, that I have an invested interest in discovering."

Lowering her hand, Avedia smoothed the creases of her robe before continuing. "I would like the Knights of Ren to find these individuals, and help me take their Holocrons, weapons and the artifacts that they have taken from the Sith. The secrets of Darth Revan needn't be the only Dark Lord of the Sith that we learn of."

While the human provided an explanation concerning the small, knowledge-filled pyramid and planted a seed of intrigue into her amphibious counterpart’s mind, Darth Veles had moved over to the object in two long strides. With both eyes wide open, he watched the device in holy reverence, pacing around to observe it up close, from many sides and angles – always facing the mysterious woman though – searching for inscriptions to adorn its outer plates. So far he did not dare to touch the holocron’s smooth surface; too careful and wary of various curses and traps often protecting these devices to risk his life or sanity. Not even dead Sith Lords held any desire to give their wisdom away for free. Knowing that, the Sith assassin moved his open palm above the pyramid’s tip and sensed the darkness residing within through the Force, an eerie promise of things to come.

“It should not be hard to persuade the Knights of Ren. They will do anything if you promise them power.” Darth Veles revealed, his attention finally devoted to the woman sitting still on the bed. The statue-like figure shrouded in dim illumination continued to display confidence and calmness - the latter definitely not a common trait among the Sith.

“But I am not a knight of Ren, Ms Lacroix. What can you offer me aside from Revan’s holocron and a promise of more? You desire to recover the lost Sith heritage as much as I do – yet the prize cannot be split in half in case we succeed.”

Gracing the woman with a disarming smile that seemed completely out of place, the Sith shrugged.

“What exactly do you propose?"

Avedia was beginning to learn more about this Mon Calamari with each passing second. He understood what was sitting in front of him. Whereas a mere Dark Jedi, who saw a Holocron and the opportunity to learn of a Force Power, Avreet saw past that and into the future. He has the vision, thought Avedia. It was a scope of measure that defined the difference between mere a criminal Force-sensitive and a genuine Sith Lord. The ability to see into a future where one broke the backs of entire star systems, in order to bend the people to their will. He is Sith, like myself.

"I seek the destruction of the Jedi Order. For this to be achieved, one has to gain power. The recovery of these Holocrons is paramount to my success, for my ability to utilize the dark side is diminished whilst these other people hold the secrets of men that do not belong to them."

"To share power is the antithesis of the Sith Code. And, yet, that is precisely what I must do to ensure that I get what I want. I want the Knights of Ren to help me find these people, and in turn, they will become more inclined to do things my way. The destruction of the Jedi is necessary if the First Order is to achieve it's goals."

Lifting her hand, Avedia gestured to Avreet. "I propose we form an alliance. In exchange for the access I have granted to the Holocron that sits before you, I want you to find these gatekeepers of the Vectivus, Freedon Nadd and other Holocrons, kill them, and return them to their rightful owners: the Sith. It is a prerequisite of the Grand Plan."

Veles did what he always did best; he listened and formed schemes in that large head of his. Leaning against the table that held the holocron on its top, the amphibious Darth let his big amber orbs wander and occasionally stroked his whiskers, a thoughtful frown signing his facial features. In his personal opinion, true Jedi have already been defeated, but he understood who the veiled woman probably meant. The Galactic Alliance, fanatical children with big guns. Not very different from the One Sith, thus he definitely supported their destruction. Unfortunately, he could not get behind his new associate’s plan. Not yet, anyway, since the Jedi were such a wonderfully blind asset in their hunt for Dark Side practitioners. One only had to know how to utilize them properly.

“The Jedi Order is irrelevant at this point – I mean the one formerly led by Grandmaster Raaf, a good friend of mine. The New Jedi Order, on the other hand, are militant zealots who will burn down the entire galaxy to destroy the Dark Side and its users,” shared Veles, only going through what was already well known, “That can be used to our advantage though – if we point their zeal in the right direction.”

Without a word of further explanation, the Mon Cal parted from his position and moved dangerously close towards her, his steady pace coming to a halt when advancing any further would bring him into her weapon’s reach.

“I want to cull the Sith Order according to Darth Bane’s teachings.” The assassin declared uncompromisingly.

“There are too many who lack vision. Control. Their incompetence threatens you and me as much as the Jedi do, if not more.”

The thought of slaying the woman had crossed his mind.

But that would be a terrible waste, wouldn’t it? Trained Force sensitives did not grow on trees. Years of training and resources sat right in front of him and so far bore no signs of being a liability. To kill her without knowing whether she could be utilized or not would be a crime against his teachings. Plus, as a Sith, he realized all too well they could be an asset to each other. And so the amphibian gave the new asset one more smile radiating pleasant warmth.

“There can be only two. I will accept your proposal of an alliance – but we need to ensure our place within the First Order is secure. Any other Sith inside the First Order must be eliminated if we are to succeed.”

Who is this man? thought Avedia to herself. Did Ayra know about him? That someone else believed in the tenants of the Rule of Two? Is that why she selected the Knights of Ren for this task? A solid minute elapsed after Avreet had spoke. Avedia had not flinched in the slightest as he had walked over, and the silhouette of her mouth has remained equally still as she thought. It was true that she had the desire to end the dilution of power. Her Master had often spoke about the dark side of the Force something akin to venom, which had lost it's potency as the power of the darkness was shared among many, instead of centering in only two, as it should be. And as so long as this power was not theirs to command, then the Jedi would never be destroyed.

But Ayra had always spoken about manipulating and shaping the rest of the Sith to her own schemes, and when they were done with, she would murder them and move on. She had described this act in a story about Darth Pandeima, the Sith Lord that had rechristened the Rule of Two. Ayra had used her Master to learn more about the philosophy; her powers in the Force; and to gain enough wealth to support her own agenda before murdering her. She had never viewed Pandeima as someone who was a true practitioner of the Rule, instead only using it as a means to keep her apprentice close to her out of feelings born out of lust. But Avedia had hindsight, and she hadn't hated Pandeima has much as her Master. Without Circe Savan, none of this would have been possible.

"I disagree with your views about the Jedi," said Avedia, breaking her silence. "I do not perceive their irrelevance. Whilst there are people who still practice their ways, and walk this Galaxy as Jedi, then they will never be irrelevant to us. However, I see what you mean about the Alliance Jedi. I understand."

A question came to mind. "How do you know I am not like the other Sith, Avreet? The ones you want to cull and destroy."

Darth Veles believed to see why their opinions on the Jedi differed; he had worked alongside the Jedi Order several times to undermine the One Sith. Surprisingly enough, his distaste for the One Sith was so great he’d sooner help the Jedi before joining another incarnation of Sith collectivists. Raised by Korriban’s harsh lessons and a staunch traditionalist, Veles had often clashed with the new generation of Sith, pampered and protected by their peers. It killed the very purpose of Sith, he believed – if mere Force sensitivity granted one an undeniable right to become a Sith, and cunning, strength and survival no longer played any role, then the Sith as a whole have already failed. To find a true Sith usually meant training one in the old ways. Until now. The Mon Calamari saw an excellent opportunity to bypass all that in allying with the woman, if only temporarily.

“I don’t, yet,” answered the amphibious assassin truthfully, “But you are not associated with the One Sith. You certainly have training, your signature speaks volumes about your power. I see zero reason to dismiss you as a liability.”

A short laugh followed.

“As Revan’s holocron proves, you have plenty to offer. It is knowledge that I crave – knowledge you have and I don’t, just as I expect you to desire what I know. Unlike many, I didn’t earn the title for nothing.” His voice informed in a smooth, thick Imperial accent.

Not that he expected her to spill her secrets – all Sith had them, after all. Veles included. Leaning on his cane, expression void of any clue to give away the thoughts running inside his head, his glassy orbs closely inspected the woman’s figure. Appearances often revealed much, even though they sometimes spoke deceit, especially among the Sith.

Lifting her hands to the cowl of her robe, Avedia lowered the hood and revealed herself to the Mon Calamari. Her yellow eyes locked onto the bulbous amphibians and she replied curtly: "Yes. Yes you will. In time, you will tell me everything, Avreet. You will find the secrets of this Holocron most illuminating, I think." Legs unfurling themselves from around each other, Avedia stood up and rose up from the bed. Standing up, she looked between the Holocron and the Sith Lord that was stood in front of her. Without another word, Avedia crossed the room and stepped through the doors as they automatically opened for her, leaving Avreet alone with Revan's Holocron.

Turning, Avedia made her way down the corridors of the Star Destroyer, whilst the Mon Calamari was left alone to meditate and learn from Revan's gatekeeper. We will see how smart you really are, Sith.

Calm and collected, the Mon Calamari Sith observed his new associate’s face upon the revelation. Aside from her eyes hued into a sickly yellow colour thanks to the Dark Side’s corrupting influence, she appeared to be just an ordinary human woman like so many others – hardly a surprise, for the appearance masked the ruthless and calculating mind sheltered within. And then, a sudden departure that left the amphibious Sith behind. She did not even share her name or title. Not yet. Eyes glued to her back until the door shut closed, Veles pondered the strange occurrence. How many Sith would leave such a prized possession alone? That was odd, even stranger with the Sith's foreboding parting message. A mistrustful frown seeped into his serene expression, gaze now fixed at the small holocron, cybernetic eye put to work as he scanned the device, now free to do so from all sides.

A small number of Sith symbols marked its surface, eternally etched into the delicate fount of wisdom. This did not strike Veles as odd, he had witnessed a very small number of such devices throughout his life. After a thorough visual inspection, the amphibian raised his hand and telekinetically levitated the pyramid in a careful, slow manner to reveal its bottom. It could not be helped, not after hearing so many legends about sentients driven mad by forbidden knowledge. Exercising extreme caution was the least he could do.

Only after that did Veles kneel down, eyes now on the table’s level, and focused on the Dark Side, summoning his own hatred and painful memories to fuel the holocron laid in front of him. All mental barriers have been raised, reinforced by the Mon Cal’s iron will, ready for the gatekeeper’s appearance.

Hours passed. During this time, Avedia had taken to enter the mess hall, where she enjoyed dinner and refreshment. It seemed odd. To sit among the throng of normal men and women, participating in the normality of dining, knowing what was happening only a few decks away. As Avedia chewed on her food, and washed it down with a glass of water, she recalled the first time she had opened the Holocron herself. Ayra had invited her to her residence on Sojourn, revealing the discovery she had made on Lehon. Hours had been spent over night, meditating over the subjects that Revan had spoke of. She saw that, even before Bane's time, there had been a man who had a resemblance to that of the Rule of Two. Whilst Revan had never been the revolutionary Bane had been, he saw the needed for the Order to cement it's power in only a few, rather than the thousands of Sith that had come in generations before him.

"I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith," said Revan. "Those who use the dark side are also bound to serve it. To understand this is to understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith. The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must seek power above all else, with no reservation or hesitation. The Force will change you. It will transform you." Avedia understood this better than most. Formerly a Jedi Knight, her seminal life had been destroyed in exchange for something more. She had embraced her new identity, and with it, the Grand Plan. "Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish."

Finishing her meal, Avedia discarded the utensils she had used on top of her plate, drained her glass and wiped her mouth with a nearby napkin. Leaving the mess hall, the Sith returned to the quarters where she had left Avreet. She opened the doors, entered the room and lowered her eyes to the Mon Calamari.

"Did it transform you too?" Avedia asked.

What an orgasmic experience!

Acquiring long lost knowledge has always been an exciting experience for him, one he embraced eagerly and willingly. It was as if he could physically feel the power course through his veins.

Slowly breathing out just as the holocron switched off, the ghostly blue silhouette belonging to Darth Revan gone and no longer casting its light upon the kneeling Mon Cal, Veles spent the last minutes before his new friend’s return by meditating. All the new information slowly settled inside his mind and he felt one step closer to perfection. Like a heavy cloud, the Dark Side lazily rolled over the room, its increased presence could be practically tasted by those versed in the mysteries of the Force.

Not even his old teacher would be a challenge now – and as much as it filled his cold heart with sadness, it was high time for her to retire. He’d be merciful though and grant her a good death worthy of a powerful Sith. It was the least he could do.

The mechanical sound of an opening door filled the room, prompting the amphibious Sith to open his eyes and spy on the entering Sith, her unmistakable signature gently brushing over his. Their gazes locked for a second, finding deeper understanding in each other’s eyes than mere words could provide. She knew he had scoured the device’s contents thoroughly, a methodical holocaust of information that no longer counted as secret for him.

Veles grinned while getting up.

“Yes. Twenty years ago.”

Not exactly the answer she might have expected, but a truthful one. That was the time when he started to walk the Sith path, embraced the Dark Side. Just a naïve acolyte back then. Such a funny thought! Of course, all the trials he had faced appeared trivial now, yet the result could not be denied.

With the holocron silently resting on the table and gathering shadows, one last chuckle pushed its way past the Sith Lord’s lips, orange eyes staring right into the woman’s black soul.

“Thank you. It’s been a pleasure, truly. I am certain our relationship will be just as productive, lady…?”

Her name. No – not her name. He did not care. All the Sith’s mind desired was the title.

"Vupua," replied Vupua softly, eyes glowing malevolent off the backdrop of the crimson light emanating from the Holocron. "And you?"

“Darth Veles,” came the immediate reply spoken in a soft tone.

Two deadly predators inside one room, teaming up to dominate the sheep and effectively eliminate all competition that sought the same goal. The prospect of it excited him greatly, a new opportunity to achieve the Sith dream. He had almost given up any hope. Now it materialized again – he only needed to reach for it and grasp it. Carefully enough to not scare it away, firmly enough to not let it escape. The time has come for the true Sith to reclaim what rightfully belonged to them, to purify their ancient order of weakness and incompetence.

All the wonders the two Sith could achieve...!

“Shall we celebrate and savour this beautiful moment?” asked the Sith Lord, fully concentrated on masking his joy, “I can bring a bottle of true Corellian whiskey from my ship.”

A seismic shift in the Force, felt only by two. Alas, their enemies remained oblivious to the disturbance of the Force. For the dark side belonged to those who carried forth the Great Work. Vupua shook her head to Veles, moving past the Sith Lord towards the Holocron. She lifted a glass sheet, an orb of sorts, back over the red pyramid. Lifting the sheet back over the orb, Revan's legacy was once more concealed from the room, and the eerie faint crimson glow that had lit the room went with it, leaving only the artificial lights, the distant noise of the Destroyer's crew and the slow, steady breathing of Darths Veles and Vupua.

"My Master spent twenty years, intertwining herself among the weak, enjoying the finer aspects of the work. And I believe that was the reason why she became so weak, well before her body failed her naturally. She enjoyed Gizer Ales, Corellian whiskeys and dinner with the various crime lords, businessmen and scientists that she encountered. Victory over her predecessor involuntarily cost her her strength. She lost perspective."

"I don't have time to drink Corellian whiskey and reminiscence over nothing," Vupua said, speaking plainly. "It remains to be seen if this moment will have any actual affect on the Galaxy. Perhaps decades from now, we can look back on this and see it as the foundation to our success. But not now. I will never lose sight as Darth Ayra did."

“You choose work over pleasure. Very good!” The assassin praised the woman’s decision, proving herself to be one not easily lulled by fake smiles and smooth voice. An infiltrator during his younger days, it was no secret Darth Veles had often used cunning and honeyed words to get close to his targets, all for the sake of success. Ironically enough, the Mon Cal’s free time positively marked him to be a hard worker, passionately devoted to personal growth in strength, both physically and mentally. Pushing past his boundaries, constantly aiming higher in this never-ending race for perfection. To pause equalled being surpassed, which declared death. As it should be among the Sith – and thus he survived where others had perished, victims to their vices and lack of vision. Vupua promised to be a worthy competition so far, which worked well, pushing both to work harder and never let the other get the upper hand.

“Have you attempted to recover the holocrons yourself? What do you know about their current owners?” inquired the Sith Lord decisively, fluently switching into a professional, mission-oriented mindset that required cold, methodical calculations. His sight hardened, never leaving the woman before him.

Vupua wasn't easily deceived. She wouldn't allow Veles to lure her into a false sense of security, or be drawn into revealing her secrets. It remained to be seen if the Darth was capable of doing what she wanted, for the three people she spoke of were powerful in the Force, and had the resources, manpower and drive to kill them. A war was coming over the secrets of the dark side, safe guarded by a Mandalorian and two Jedi. She decided she would talk about the Mandalorian first. He would be the first target that she, Veles and the Knights of Ren would murder.

"There is a man- a Mandalorian Warlord- by the name of Draco Vereen. Somehow, the Holocron of Darth Vectivus fell into his possession. My Master met with Draco twice, and we learned that he is not a man easily trifled with. Which is why we will need the Knights of Ren to kill him, and take Vectivus' legacy for ourselves."

Moving away from the plinth, Vupua lowered herself on the edge of the bed and leaned forward, so she could continue their conversation. "There might be an easier way to take the Holocron. During the aforementioned meetings, it became clear that Vereen would part with the Holocron in exchange for the teachings of the Jal Shey, a group of nomads that once walked this Galaxy, and were capable of creating better Armor, as I understand it."

"We need to kill this man for two reasons. The first one is reasonably simple. He has undoubtly studied the secrets of Darth Vectivus. That in itself is a reason why he cannot continue living, for whatever was on that Holocron should only be known by the Sith. But the second is far more important. In the wars to come, a man like Vereen could prove instrumental in our enemies winning said conflict. His elimination is paramount to the success of the Grand Plan. He is too dangerous to be left alive."

His knowledge of Vereen extended to what he had heard from rumours floating around the galaxy. Never a Mandalorian fan, Veles paid little attention to the barbaric culture’s current antics. If the Sith Lord’s dream ever came true, they’d be rendered extinct anyway. The information about this warlord’s possession of a powerful holocron proved to be most troubling through. Proud, beast-like warriors possessing ancient Sith heritage spelled trouble and had Veles know this target was not to be underestimated. Even the greatest assassin in the galaxy – as Veles regarded himself – needed more information and enough time to prepare adequately for the hit. He wasn’t one to take chances unless necessary.

A wily spark flicked in his glossy orbs once Vupua finished.

“Then why haven’t you killed him yet?” questioned the Sith Lord slyly, “I hope you are not saying you lack the strength, lady Vupua? I’d hate to be in an alliance with a Dark Jedi.”

There is was, laid out bare and waiting for the Sith Lady to address properly. The Mon Cal’s large bulbous eyes emotionlessly judged the woman’s facial reaction with great care while the amphibian patiently looked forward to seeing how she responded to his words. It would tell him plenty about this new Sith – even more than she realized.

"Perhaps you don't comprehend the standards of nuance, Veles. I haven't killed him yet because I have just begun trying. However..." Vupua stood up, drawing a Lightsaber into her left hand. "Would you like to find out?" she snapped at the Darth, keeping her thumb primed and readied over the ignition button. Vupua was aware that she had been baited, but that didn't really matter. Veles was testing her. She could see that now.

Not a bad way to reply to the greatest of insults a Sith could possibly hear. Correcting the challenger through lightsaber combat to prove her dominance was a perfectly valid option among Sith circles, and thus the amphibious man answered accordingly – by standing behind his opinion. Maybe not in the most lethal manner, only his hated enemies had the privilege to taste Veles' fury, but definitely far above the harmless sparring practiced among trainees. Like in a fight between two devoted artists, their passion would soon grow strong enough to be practically tasted.

“If you wish to dance, I have to accept your offer.”

His hand briefly vanished under the heavy cloth covering the majority of his body, only to retrieve a curved hilt that immediately gave away the Mon Cal’s devotion to Makashi. Another motion of his arms and the cloak silently slid down onto the floor, resting in a heap. Gently brushing his thumb against the ignition button in a loving manner, though not enough to cause the crimson blade to appear just yet, Veles pointed the hilt downwards.

“Come.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom