Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Secrets of Ninn | TSE Dominion of Ninn

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Objective: 2, Investigate the great church of the Priests of Ninn

Equipment: Lightsaber

Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru
-----------------------------

Before he even found the time to turn around and try to spot whatever it was that happened to be breathing down his neck, a lightspear was suddenly stabbed straight past his head. To say that he had expected it, or that it did not scare him even a bit, would be an egregious lie.

His first reaction was to fall forward, rolling slightly to gain more distance and turn just in time to see the opening eyes behind him. Chit. Thankfully, he was soon tugged into the sunlight. Quickly he got back up on his feet and pulled his lightsaber from his belt, igniting it as his head swiveled around to see more and more glowing eyes accompanied by feral growls.

Chiiit.

He glanced at his partner and then back at whatever it was that lurked in the shadows ahead. “I’m proud of you Alina, but what the feth are those things?!” Whatever they were, there seemed to be a lot more of them than there were of the two acolytes. “Well…at least we know what happened to those other Sith and the priests…”

A shame, he had wanted to speak with some of the Ninn Priests.

370d9lz.png

Equipment: In sig
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

“Not a clue, but they seem mean. And hungry. And afraid of the light.” The last bit was only a minor saving grace. The sun continued to set behind them, leaving the darkness to encroach on where they were. Alina grimaced. “Never know, this could be the priest's work. Or the Sith. Won’t know if we get eaten so..”

She turned on a heel, ripping her blade through the window they’d backed up to. Super heated plasma caused the glass to shatter outwardly, making it easy to jump out. And jump out she did, practically dragging Alsiteri with her. Not that they could get far. The hills around cast long shadows, and soon enough the red eyes started to form through their surroundings.

“So, got a plan? I sure as hell don’t.”

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

-------------------------------

Hungry, mean, and afraid of the light. They sound like me in the morning.” He cast a glance out the window, his gaze narrowing at the setting sun. “And said light is quickly retreating. Of course.” Alisteri looked at Alina in confusion as she broke through the window, raising his weapon to gesture ahead of them. “You do know that they’re in fro-

A small yelp of surprise left him as he was pulled out of the now-broken window, quick to get back up on his feet once more.

Of course, he soon found himself backpedaling a bit as the red eyes seemingly followed them out into the shadows of the evening. “Plan? Other than stab them and hope they die?” He shot a worried glance at the other Sith as he took another couple steps back. They couldn’t chase the light too much farther, the hills would hide it.

I don’t suppose you happened to bring a flashbang?

As the snarling shadows drew closer, there was one last idea that he had. “Okay, let’s hope this one is lethal!” His free hand shot forward as small crackles of electricity flowed between his fingers, soon unleashing a small bolt of Force Lightning at the nearest red-eyed creature.

Eligor Rahvok - Post 2

Objective 2: Investigate the Church and locate Saaraishash

Equipment: Light armor, spear.

Tag: Jayda Aryss Jayda Aryss

“Shush!” Eligor hissed out after Jayda’s curse. A sudden anxiety flared as her eyes darted around the room before fully stepping in. Dark was an understatement, the very shadows of the room seeming to devour the beams of waning day. As Jayda rambled with her frustrated musings Eligor slid a step over the ancient brick of the temple’s floor. What was expected to be dense and scraping was instead slick and pulpous. She retreated the step slowly, only to have a black and reddish ichor slough from her boot’s sole.

“..disgusting.” Eyes snapped forward as she watched for any source of the substance, then stooping to a knee to investigate further. The spear in her hand collapsed to the size of an average longsword and she brandished it in the same way, cutting into the spongy polyp to collect a sample.

“Well, from my knowledge of our blessed Empress Joycelyn her first action might include burning it to its foundation, then investigate.” Eligor slipped the alien tissue into a container then stashed it in her satchel, bringing back a rag to clean the point of her spear. “Either way, we simply keep go--what was that?” Growls. Snarls. Muffled voices. Dropping the rag she gripped the spear in both hands, the weapon giving a metallic hiss as it extended.

Back away. Let’s think this through a bit more. She thought as the growls grew higher in pitch. Leaving was an absolutely stellar option. She could do that, right?

Incorrect.

A small problem kept her balking from the situation. The acolyte by her side. If Eligor left then she could only imagine the jeers. So she steeled herself, gritting her teeth before taking that first step toward the darkened hall. “Come on.”

The air was jarringly warmer the closer they trod. Wall vents echoed the guttural clamor, one above an iron-banded door catching Eligor’s attention. She kept her shoulders back, not even hazarding a glance to the other acolyte as she reached for the handle. “Get ready…”
She pulled the archaic latch and swung the door wide. The two acolytes would be greeted by a choir of red eyes, gnashing fangs, and the smell of days old rot. A ray of light weakly illuminated a path in the room. Outside with weapons brandished were two more acolytes who Eligor would gladly have hailed, but her attention was taken by the slathering maw of a dark creature in front of her.

It snarled. She cringed. It lunged. She slammed the door.

The door groaned from the crash of the creature against it and Eligor turned to Jayda. “Well, ah, could try that again...you...first?”

Hyrva Vh'akli
Truthspeaker, The Prophet, Lady of Throdog N'ghftor, Witch Elder
TmRyYPm.png
Objective: BYOO (Free her people and bring them home)
Equipment: Shield talisman || Empyrean gland
Tags: Open
4TE25HA.png
Ahagl ymg' yog mgah'n'ghft?

The question that came from the whisper and from her own peers was very much in place. How could she get them out of here? Unfortunately, she didn’t know much about this planet (nothing), so she didn’t even know where to go or what to do. Her ship is a single person, so she can't take others with it either. Nor was it because their shape-shifting wasn’t too strong, it wasn’t their strength, they were too low in the caste system. They couldn’t come together small enough to fit. She thought for a few moments.

Suddenly she had an idea. Luckily, the droid was able to drive, steer the ship, so she could look around it, possibly connect to the local HoloNet as well. Hyrva was glad that she already had so much background knowledge that she was able to cope with these and could remember. Yes, it was a great idea because at least they would know where to go on foot. Or she's just sending the ship back to Korriban with the droid to bring a rescue army if they can't message from here. The Truthspeaker had many opportunities.

She continued to try to reassure her own that everything would be fine and they didn’t have to worry, they would be going home soon. Then turned to the droid to tell him what the task was. The droid beeped to agree with the woman, then got up with the machine and soon disappeared from the group's sight. Hyrva explained (rather tried) to say that there was no need to be afraid of the beeping machine because it was their friend, nor was the flying machine their enemy. She didn't want to start any ritual here on the spot, even though it would have been easier to share the information from her peers in such a way.

EOtZYzP.png

z7JxHPv.png

Tags: Mazrim Caide/Taim Mazrim Caide/Taim | Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn

“The truth of the matter, Legionnaire, is that you’re nobody. You aren’t a war hero, you aren’t even somebody that our enemies recognize… you are truthfully, honestly, completely nobody.” Telis’s voice was neutral as he addressed Mazrim. There wasn’t any hint of a sneer nor any sort of diminutive taunting in his words. Instead, as he stopped, and turned around, the vampire’s eyes glowed with opportunity, and the words he spoke next rang with truth.

”And that makes you the most valuable person here.”

Turning on a heel and stepping into the atrium of the meeting hall, the energy of the room immediately shifted when the eyes of the countless investors, business owners, and secretaries laid eyes on the group. Brief confusion intermixed with momentary fear as the Lord of Ambition made his appearance, standing tall as he stepped his way over towards the main desk at the front of the establishment. Ignoring the new onlookers to the group’s entrance, Telis politefully clasped his hands together to the main assistant at the front of the help-terminal, smiling shallowly.

”I don’t suppose I could bother you with a list of who is here and who isn’t, hmm? I know discrepancy is an important thing… but as a guest of honor, I would like to make sure that there isn’t any poorly-hid assassins here tonight.” Aagenti’s voice was suffused with false charm, as he briefly curled out two metallic fingers from behind his back, gently influencing the wage-slave to nod, eventually handing over a simple list of attendees, with check marks next to most names. Smiling politely, Telis offered the list to one of his two companions, before making his way down the long hallway towards where the meeting room lay.

When he was once again alone with the group, he would once more speak up, saying, ”Now, thanks to the fact that I am pretty much immortal, I can assure you both that I am not afraid of assassins. I know it may seem like I was quite convincing back there, but it was all simply an act to get a hold of that list so we might be able to see just who we’re dealing with.” Ever truly humble in his capabilities, the effeminate Sith Lord fixed his cloaked, before clasping his hands behind his back and above his more generous posterior behind his cape.

Finally reaching the end of the hallway, after having passed some very nervous janitorial workers, Telis motioned for his companions to go first, before pushing the door open into the great auditorium, where dozens and dozens of the planet’s head economists had been gathered, waiting anxiously, making deals with one another, discussing personal affairs, and overall doing what business beings do best: business. Telis smiled at the sight of the room, turning back to his companions one last time, addressing them with, ”Let’s get going, then, shall we?”

Hyrva Vh'akli
TmRyYPm.png
4TE25HA.png
NaIIIIor, naIIIIor mglagln, ymg' mgah'n'ghft mgleth ahagl!

The droid soon told the woman back that HoloNet wasn’t really here to join and that nearby ships were interfering with the droid’s frequency so it couldn’t message Korriban to send a rescue army. But it comes back into the atmosphere to look around to see where it may find a place where Hyrva can go with her own. However, since it will all take time, the woman will have to wait. Unable to do anything else, she turned her attention to her own.

First, the injured were those she looked at to see who could be saved and who could not. Each of the six injured was severe, but three were dying. The Truthspeaker had to decide what to do or heal them with dark “magic,” but their minds remain damaged, as this “magic” only restores the body, not good for anything else, so it may be from shock and near-death experience. They might be crazy due to the effect. Not to mention that it was exhausting for the woman as well and she might not be able to get out of here because she didn’t feel any animals nearby. Thus she could not make up for her strength with animal life force.

Not wanting to decide alone, even though she was already determined with a heavy heart, she asked what they wanted. They unanimously decided what the voices whispered to the woman, and Hyrva also chosen originally. The life force of the three dying is used by the woman to heal the other three injured. This served the interests of the group best, even if it was all a difficult decision. For without Hyrva no one could survive in this place. The woman also supported this decision, so as soon as everyone agreed, she set out to heal the three injured.

EOtZYzP.png

z7JxHPv.png

Objective: 1

Tags: Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano

As they enter the auditorium, Caide takes up position in the back against a wall where he can see the whole room, his rifle in a non threatening but ready position as he immediately begins scanning for threats. Cara and Telis may be sith, but Caide was heretical enough to know they were far from infallible. As an added benefit, having an armed soldier glaring down over the whole auditorium would hopefully be all the negotiation enhancement the sith delegates needed to get what they wanted out of this place. Through the integrated comm link he had on his wrist plate, he speaks to Cara and Telis covertly.

“No open threats I can see. The man in the blue suit is armed but it's a civilian model blaster, and he obviously isn’t a trained gunman, probably just a personal precaution. The woman with the hair needles. Those are sharpened, and from the way they sit they’re some kind of polished non metallic carbide, concealable weapons. Out of everyone here, she’s probably the most skilled combatant besides us. There are no places I can see where a gunman could hide. Room is secure. What are my secondary objectives?” His voice is cold, calculating, and calm over the mic, carrying with it the quiet authority and confidence gained from hard fought experience. As he patiently awaits an answer, he spies something out of the corner of his eye, a small metallic glint.

“One word of caution. This room has two...no five hidden cameras and what looks like a port for a drop down security turret. If I can get my hands on the holo-plans for this place, I can find the control room and disable it all remotely. Awaiting command.”

370d9lz.png

“Nope, no flashbang. Kinda wish I had now though.” Alina grumbled as she spoke, bringing her saber up once again. Maybe the lightspear gave off enough light to ward the creatures away? Unlikely. She was about ready to try and charge in and get the first strike just as a bolt of lighting streaked by.

Surprise filled her eyes as she paused midstep. “You’ve been practicing. Think you could make that a bit more sustained? Might be able to fry our way out of this.” Honestly, she didn’t think he could. Not that she doubted him, just, they weren’t that powerful yet.

A grimace formed as the canine like creatures were revealed by the flash of light. They whimpered and backed away from the one struck. It was odd. They burned. Not the one that was struck, but the ones too close to the light. The one struck was just gone. “Alright. New plan. Keep hitting them with lighting while we make our way back to the ship.”

Cara Dorniarn - Post 3

Objective 1: $$$

Equipment: Herself and an ID10

Tag: @mazrim caide | Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano

“Let’s get to it, then, shall we?”

A faint smile turned her lips at Telis’ words. Seeing him in his element was a marvel, the young Coruscanti reveling in his breeding as a shrewd businessman. Cara dipped her head in a respectful nod to her compatriot then strode forward, hands clasped behind her back as per custom with the engineer. The ID10 bobbed faithfully at her shoulder, its camera eyes zooming in on multiple faces. It stopped on one particular face, the long visage of a Gran. Cara’s brow rose in distaste as she recognized the grainy image in her mind. She turned her head, leaving the ID10 to resume scanning the crowded assembly.

Very good, thank you Caide. Cara used no communicator as she replied to the legionnaire, continuing to greet assembly members without missing a beat.

“Yes, how are you? A pleasure.” She shook the offered hand of a rotund Pantoran.

A turret? Leave the thing to me if it deploys. But here, I’ll gather the location for those video feeds. What you do with that information is strictly off record, but don’t cause a scene unless needed.

Cara took a seat near the center of the auditorium. She and Telis were here to be heard, interrogated, then debated. It was normal proceedings for such a centralized node in the Corporate Sector. The planet was no stranger to making deals, and would take every pain to parse out a deal with the malicious financials of the Sith meritocracy. They were being cautious. She didn’t blame them.

Cara would allow Telis to preside for them, answering only the more gritty details demanded of the Pillar of Production. She was a glorified maintenance man in many ways, and that suited her just fine. She drew a slim datapad from her breast pocket--slid a blind but purposeful glance toward Telis--then connected to the device with a mental click.
Uploading those details… there. Coincidentally, controls for the turret seem to also connect in the same terminal. Crowded but efficient, I suppose.

As Cara got comfortable in her chair a voice called from the assembly. It was nasally and irritating, and Cara knew just who was speaking. The Gran.

“Surprised an empire employs such failed business strategists. Bakurans have more than fallen from grace, it was time they exited the corporate stage!” The Gran was one Mars Eskaata, a former rival Cara knew some thirty years ago. Cara rolled her eyes and looked to Telis, either expecting him to speak or asking for permission to verbally demolish the Gran. Er, perhaps not the best choice for now...

Tags: Mazrim Caide/Taim Mazrim Caide/Taim | Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn

{Keep your eyes off the woman with needles… I would like to see how she navigates naturally in this environment, and I feel that she may make for a good Queenpiece in this game we’re playing. The man with the blaster… poor fool, definitely a sheep. He’s somebody we can bend.} Telis’s lips curled into a smile as he wordlessly responded to the legionnaire. Letting Cara take the lead for the moment, he was more than complacent in following in her footsteps, letting his eyes roam over the scene, searching for figures trying to be lost in the crowd.

T’is a shame that fear makes blood all the more warm.

Continuing with his own waltz and polite nothings to those he met, Telis found his gaze often wandering from those he met with. Offering a simple nod to those he passed and a practiced ”Good evening,” Telis found his mind filled with thoughts, partitioning the businessman from the pillar and the actor from the player. He wasn’t worried about the nature of the security, and before he could even respond Cara intervened, reassuring the situation… just as planned, of course. All according to the plan, the layout, and the map.

Though, he hadn’t anticipated the friction between Cara and the new stranger that greeted her. Without even a guess Telis could tell that the Gran and the Bakuran shared a history… one he would have to play around, or force to play around him. But his eyes seemed to linger on three faces in the crowd: two near-humans, and a Muun. As he watched them with hawkish eyes he found the smile on his face fading, cold formality filling his features as he continued alongside Cara.

Eventually arriving towards the seats of the auditorium and settling close by to Cara, Telis would look up towards the Legionnaire, waving him away. ”Check on Varvad for me, would you? I would hate to pay the life insurance of a liaison.” {Three targets, Mazrim: Bel Luurin, the Muun with the black suit; Jeria Loson, the Serennian wearing the green dress and gold shawl; and Maren Dell, another Serennian, wearing a red and tan coat. They’ll know I’m here, and they’ll try to split off the first chance they get.}

Telis settled in his seat with a sigh, pulling the shawl-like cloak around his shoulders with a contented grin. The grand meeting started around them as Telis gave the demands to Mazrim Caide: three ex-Sith Imperial business magnates, all of them having fled the Empire as it began to crumble. It was a stroke of luck he had caught even three together in the same location, much less the planet marked for the next annexation, but luck seemed to be something Telis had. The message with the order was simple: loyalty came first, and debtors couldn’t run from what they paid.

As the Gran began her tangent against the Sith’s weakened economy, however, Telis found his thoughts back in the present, blinking away the hidden agenda as he turned his eyes towards Mars Eskaata, before finding Cara’s eyes looking expectantly to him. Giving one final nod to the legionnaire, Telis stood from his seat, brushing off his assortment, before clearing his throat and meeting the gaze of the businessbeing.

”I would have hoped that people would learn not to judge a single being’s skill by that of their history. Though, it seems the sin is spread far and wide. Dorniarn, here, is not the one speaking for the Sith Empire: she handles the manufacturing, and keeps track of the numbers far better than one unacquainted with the pursuit of progress and order. She is brilliant, even if she is not as ruthless in pursuits such as this. I am the representative.”

Stepping a bit out of his seat to take a closer look at Mars, Telis would keep his expression calm and emotionless. Clasping his hands from his back to his front, he tapped his foot twice, looking around. [COLOR=rgb(145. 20, 10)]”And in fact, I am representing an opportunity that you would be unwise to turn down, both in terms of a future for this planet and for the good of your own wealth. Ninn has always been a dying world. The Sith represents a new chance.”

Looking back at Cara, Telis sat back down in the seat, somewhat uncomfortable in the size of the chairs with how his cape wrinkled and sat unevenly behind him. Nodding to Cara, he gave her the chance to perhaps lightly silence Mars through her words. Nothing too major… but enough to put the Gran in their place. Sending one final message to Mazrim, Telis folded his hands on his laps, waiting to see how the cogs of the machine would turn:

{Dead or alive, Mazrim… make sure they don’t escape.}

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

----------------------

A sigh of relief left him as the lightning actually did something. A surprise to be sure, but a very welcome one. He would probably never admit to having the small grin that formed at the mere sight of where one of those creatures had been and was now gone, but it was most certainly there.

Eviscerating an enemy was new and exciting after all.

I can try, but I wouldn’t bet on it. Still getting used to…well that.” Alisteri idly shook his hand as he spoke, flexing his fingers slightly. Using lightning always left his fingers feeling a bit odd afterward, mostly tingly and a bit numb for a few seconds. Properly channeling it was the main issue, but there was little time to try and work on it now.

He winced at the plan but nodded, taking a breath as he swapped his lightsaber to his left hand and held his right aloft as he prepared to shoot more lightning. “Keep an eye on your flank, let’s hope that they don’t like our blades anymore than they do the light eh?

With that he sprung forward, one hand waving his saber wildly whilst the other loosed a bolt of lightning ahead. They would need to move fast to reach the ship before those creatures overwhelmed them.

370d9lz.png

It was the only plan they had. Alina took a breath as she focused inwardly. “Just focus on the lighting, I’ll cover you.” It’d be vastly easier if she could join the sparks. It’d been a while since she felt jealous of her fellow Sith’s abilities. She flipped her blade around as they started to run, more jogging backwards to keep up with Alisteri. And use the length of her lightspear to her advantage. She ripped her blade out at one of the creatures that got too close.

Thus far, they didn’t seem to like the light. Good.

“How much farther till we get to the sh-” Alina looked away for only a moment. A quick second to make sure her ally was doing alright with his own task. A moment too long. One of the creatures jumped at her. She was fast, but as she brought her spear around to try and strike it down it was already too close. The most she could do was use the songsteel to stop the creature’s jaws from biting down onto her.

“Chit!”

It should have been an easy thing to deal with. Swing the staff, throw the creature off, stick with Alisteri. But it wasn’t the only one to jump at her. The young Sith cried out in surprise as a row of razor sharp teeth tore into her shoulder. One second she was there with Ali. The next she was being dragged into the darkness.

Her fist cracked open the skull of the one on her shoulder, but she’d lost her spear. Worse, she was on the ground. No sooner did she kill that one did another find purchase on her other arm. She wrenched it free, tearing flesh, to try and at least get up. But there were so many. Too many.

Hyrva Vh'akli
TmRyYPm.png
4TE25HA.png
Ymg' mgep ahe, h' ah'hri! Mgleth ymg' ilyaa ahagl

The difficult decision was made, so she used the remaining life force of the three dying to heal the injuries of the other three, the less injured. To tell the truth, this was also tiring, especially since she hadn’t been able to feed for days and had to give to the injured on her own life force. Still, she could walk and fight if needed. Of course, only by Force, because she had no actual combat skills. But she will be able to protect her own if it turns out that way. Meanwhile, by the end of the process, the droid sent a message that it had found something.

Not so far, relative not so far, for quite a few hours, maybe a day's walk, she sensed several living people, including a huge creature. And very far from an actual city. As the fuel was running out, so Hyrva sent the droid with the boat to town and they would go to the other group. She asked for the coordinates from the droid, and as soon as everyone in the group was ready, they could leave. One of the three previous injuries still had to be supported so they would not move too fast.

It wasn’t that important because if they had to, they could see at night, because everyone was able to use shape-shifting at such a level. So they could change their eyes, but for now, it may not even be necessary because the sun was still high, so hopefully they’ll get there, and hopefully that group won’t be hostile, they’ll help. But it was still the music of the future. As soon as everyone was ready for the journey, Hyrva checked them once more telepathically and through the Force as well, and then headed forward to lead them to the temple.

EOtZYzP.png

z7JxHPv.png

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

----------------------------

Blazing a trail through the strange creatures was proving to be both easier and more difficult that he had thought. They shied away from the lightning wherever it went thankfully, leaving room for the pair to run. However, they weren’t scared off by it nearly as long as he was hoping they would be.

It seemed as if they were always right there on their heels as they made their way through the crowd. The gaps the lightning cleaved into them were filled almost as quickly as they were made.

As such, it was only a matter of time until one of them tripped up and got caught up in them.

And unfortunately, it wasn’t Alisteri. The next thing that he knew, Alina had fallen somewhere behind him. He skidded to a stop and swept his lightsaber in a wide arc to keep the creatures back as his head snapped back to try and find her somewhere in the darkness. By the time he spotted where the creatures were descending upon her however, one had managed to slip by his blade and clamp its jaws down on his ankle.

He did not take very kindly to that.

With a growl leaving his throat, he quickly stabbed his blade straight down through the head of the creature on his ankle; his other hand sending an arc of lightning straight at the ones coming down on his companion. And this one held true, seeming to vaporize three of the creatures the moment it hit as he grabbed his saber and cleaved another one in two.

They were surrounded, but he wasn’t about to allow any sort of easy victory for them.

Objective 2: Investigate the church
Equipment: Will figure out later
Tags: / Eligor Rahvok Eligor Rahvok \/ Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru \/ Darth Strosius Darth Strosius \

Everything about Eligor was special.

Jayda could feel the power practically radiating off the other acolyte. It flowed like waves all around them, and even she had to admit that there was little chance that he other would not become a powerful….something by the end of their time together on not only this planet, but many to come. Even the spear she held tightly in one hand, which managed to swiftly turn into a longsword, seemed to make her lightsaber pale in comparison. Typical sorceress, using non-conventional weapons to give them not only an edge in combat, but an edge in their opponents mind. A part of her, admittedly, was jealous of such a thing.

Yet there was absolutely no way that she would ever allow Eligor to know this. That would just be one more thing that she could hold above her head. That was neither an indication of Jayda’s height, or the fact her abilities were far below Eligor’s at the moment. It was just the unfortunate fact of life at the moment. And the last thing she wanted was to give the much larger acolyte any more ammunition to annoy her with.

She was just about to start telling her partner for this unfortunate operation off, before the screams and roars from what could only be described as her nightmares echoed from outside the monastery. “What..in the empress’ name….was that..” Eligor started toward the door before the blonde woman could even begin to try and stop her, prompting the acolyte to slowly start to move her way behind where she stood. Everything about this situation unnerved her, and the very last thing her body was screaming at her to do at the moment was walk outside the doors that, at the moment at least, kept whatever was out there...out there.

But then...Eligor looked toward her. She looked..and asked if Jayda was ready. And just for a moment, the fear within her body began to dissipate, as if the very voice from the other acolyte had the strength behind it to allow her to truly feel like they might make it out of this. “...I am.” The valkyrie to be was able to mutter out, moment’s before the door was opened, and the pair of acolytes was met by the sight a massive, hungry beast that had it’s eyes faced right toward the door that they just opened.

There was no reason why she shouldn’t have been frozen in that moment. None whatsoever. The sight of that beast should have been enough to send her running in the other direction, all the way back to the temple where she could beg to be a janitor cleaning the pits. But...that wasn’t what happened. Whatever strength Eligor infused her with when speaking to her, believing in her, was enough to push her forward, reaching onto her belt to retrieve where a flashbang dangled. She had learned well enough that while her abilities weren’t enough to keep her afloat at the moment, there were plenty of little gadgets lying around the engineering sections of ships that could help…….even out the battlefield. It wasn’t cheating if it worked.

Flicking off the flashbang’s timer, she tossed it straight toward the beast’s face, bonking off it and landing in the muddy ground. Her gaze then swiftly turned to the other two acolytes, starting to call out to them over the sounds of battle, “Close-!” right before the door slammed in her face. There was a moment of silence, then a groan of anger emitted from the smaller of the two acolytes now trapped in the monastery. “Not the door you oaf!!” She lashed out, landing a punch right into Eligor’s shoulder. Whether or not it actually hurt the other acolyte was not exactly something on her mind, she just needed something to hit.

Moment’s later, the flashbang went off, and the growls from the beasts were swiftly exchanged for screams of pain and fear. A fury filled gaze pointedly looked up toward Eligor, followed by a manicured finger pointed straight toward the door. “We need to get out there and help them! They might’ve gotten caught up in the light!”

370d9lz.png

Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Jayda Aryss Jayda Aryss Eligor Rahvok Eligor Rahvok

Thankfully she didn’t bleed too much. The bites hurt, the torn flesh certainly hurt, but they weren’t deadly. If she was still human, she’d likely have been overwhelmed already. The anger grew as another of these beasts jumped at her, hungry jaws wanting nothing more than to close around her throat. Instead, she shoved her mangled arm into it’s maw instead.

A crack sounded off as it bit down. The damn thing broke her arm? Adrenaline and her inhuman state made it at least bearable. But there were more. Another tried to bite her leg, which she promptly kicked it’s muzzle back into it’s skull. A third loomed closer still, looking for a chance to go for the throat and end this struggle.

Then the world went black. A bang and a blinding light put out any ability for her to perceive the world around her. No, wait. It didn’t. At least, she still had a different way to know what was going on. Cut off from those two main senses she instead focused on the flow of Anima. The wolf on her was in pain, likely from the light. But still there.

So she bit back. With numerous of the creatures unmoving around her it was easy to do. Her fangs ripped into it’s throat, and within moments she’d drained it like anything else. The husk was tossed to the side, though it didn’t stay still for long. The blood it had devoured from her wounded arm caused it to reanimate into a husk.

It was an odd sensation, feeling it connected to her. It turned on the others, striking out at the closest. The pack was no longer stunned, but Alina was on her feet again. Another jumped for her, but she could feel it. The flow. She caught the beast by the throat and syphoned the very life from the creature. Then another.

And another. With husks as her guardians it was easy for her to start converting these wild beasts into her minions. Her wounds knitted back together as another of these husks brought over the lightspear she’d lost.

“Good. Protect Alisteri.”

Eligor Rahvok - Post 3

Objective 2: Investigate the Church and locate Saaraishash

Equipment: Light armor, spear.

Tag: Jayda Aryss Jayda Aryss | #alisteri | Alina Alina |

Eligor felt the punch land on her shoulder, and while the human had put her full strength into the blow it translated to a mere tap. The Sangnir didn’t react to the hit, instead raising both brows as the cacophony of the flashbang played out beyond the door. To draw a flashbang on such quick notice was impressive, and to the less combat-tech familiar acolyte it was simply “cool.” She turned to Jayda to reply but balked at the sudden finger in her face, her surprise quickly turning into a look of mischief.

“You’re right!” She opened the door wide--of course first giving the room a quick and cautious check-- then shoved Jayda through the portal.

If the young woman was caught off guard that was precisely Eligor’s intention. No sooner would Jayda be to her feet would Eligor be at her side, skewering a blinded creature through its shaggy neck. Blood flowed as the spear was wrenched from the flesh, and she outstretched her hand over the dying creature’s form.

“Rayiai kûni anmudzuna. Asarsi ki doryumi diâ tuti ki tniya!” High Sith escaped her lips as the incantation pierced reality. From the gash on the creature’s neck a sudden hand shot through, small and clawed. Another came through and together they pushed against the ground to pull the rest of the netherworld spirit from its infernal residence. It squealed in pain from being brought up against its will yet still it was chained to its summoner. The minor spirit gave an echoing snarl as it shot forward, personally gifting its pain on the nearest red-eyed quadruped.

Meanwhile the steel-hued spear was a blur as Eligor spun the weapon, another incantation spilling from her mouth as the air around herself and Jayda seemed to warp. A shield.

Hand kept in its casting pose she gave Jayda a sideways glance. “You don’t think I’d actually put you in danger, right?” It was practiced confidence, but since they were in the situation she played the role.

Fake it ‘til you make it.

And she was determined to make it.

Last edited:
Objective 1

Tags: Cara Dorniarn Cara Dorniarn Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano

“Understood. I have to move to disrupt the security systems first to avoid setting off alarms. Doctor Dorniarn, I will route the feed to your datapad for direction to my targets. Entering dark comms.” Caide’s voice cuts out as he disables the communicator on his wrist plate, exiting the chamber as subtly as possible and opening the holo-plans Doctor Dorniarn had provided to guide him towards the security command center.

He gets there easily. Everyone in the building knew a Sith delegation was here negotiating, and so expected a small Legion presence. However, he doubted that goodwill would last long if he simply walked into the command center currently staffed by 3 guardsmen. Taking a moment to think and analyze his surroundings, he tries to devise a plan that doesn’t involve a high casualty count. Unfortunately, his normal solution of simply cutting all three guard’s throats before they could make any noise was out of the question. Dropping bodies would get him caught. Reading the holo plans again, he notices something. This building didn’t have a separate armory. The weapon’s locker had to be in the security room. Grinning to himself, he knocks on the door, when one of the guards opens it, Caide goes right into explaining, putting on his best casual soldier act.

“Hey, listen I hate to ask but my superiors are sending me on break and told me not to bring my weapon, they were worried I’d spook the locals. I can’t just leave it lying around and was wondering if I could have you put it in the weapons cabinet for now?”

The guard looks skeptical. “Why can’t you just lock it in your transport?”

“Can’t, it’s against security regs to leave your weapon in any mobile environment. I’m happy to hand over the weapon for inspection as long as I can observe to make sure there’s no tampering.” Caide keeps his casual facade up. He needed this to work. Eventually, the guard relents.

“Fine, hand the weapon over for inspection and stand over there.” He points to an area in the middle of the room, and Caide shakes his head. He needed to be closer to the console.

“Sorry, I wouldn’t be able to properly observe the exam from there. I need to be closer.”

Irritated and wary, the guard glares at Caide.

“Fine. Stand over my shoulder and don’t move.”

Caide nods and steps inside the control room, the other two guards watching him intently as he stands over the guard’s shoulder as he places his weapon on the maintenance table and begins disassembling it. With the eyes of the other two Guards on him, Caide would only have one chance to route the cameras. Hand clasped behind his back, he began subtly typing on his wrist plate. Luckily he had worked against this system many times during his nightlife, so he knew the motions through muscle memory. He finishes just as the guard completes his exam, the screens fizzing for the briefest of moments as a loop is set and access to the actual feed is rerouted.

“The weapon is standard. We’ll keep it locked up here.”

“Thank you sir, I’ll come to retrieve it in around 1 standard hour.”

With a nod, Caide ducks out of the room and once he is a safe distance away briefly activates his comms.

“Doctor Dorniarn, Camera feed has been rerouted to your datapad. I’ll need your assistance directing me to the targets.”

Caide cracked his neck. Without his rifle he only had his combat knife. This was going to be interesting.

Cara Dorniarn - Post 4

Objective 1: $$$

Equipment: Herself, sass, and an ID10

Tag: Mazrim Caide/Taim Mazrim Caide/Taim de | Telis Taharin-Zambrano Telis Taharin-Zambrano

With Telis’ cue Cara nodded in his direction. With elbows propped she steepled her fingers, assuming an air of undisturbed confidence. It was the personality she assumed for all public affairs and the most recognizable version of Cara. Only few experienced the woman without the steely professionalism, even less had witnessed her guard being down. For the poor Gran, Cara was in full measure to be as cold as possible, the chance for a figurative skewering now and a literal one later.

“I’m not sure I know you. You are…? Nevermind,” she interrupted before the Gran could answer, “I’d caution restraint in criticizing such resilient people. Their world was mutilated yet still they’ve risen from the ashes, restored through the new authority of the Eternal Empire--our allies mind you. Saying that any group should fall from the corporate stage should be labeled as a crime against galactic security, as limiting the scope of market and trade is a deathknell to enterprise. I am rather surprised if the miscellaneous stockbrokers of Ninn would take kindly to your limiting view.” Her fingers rapped a single metallic wave.

“My track record with the empire’s energy resources have been so far without blemish, and efficiency in production has never been higher. I’d say take my word for it but what are words compared to hard data? Browse our market reports. I leave them quite viewable on the holonet for the shopping investor.”

She waved her hand, dismissing the Gran and her claims. As the floor opened for Telis’ control Cara took the datapad back in hand. While acting preoccupied with listening to the more gifted orator Cara resumed contact with Caide. As Telis had predicted, the three deserters left quickly. As they escaped the auditorium they fell right into Cara’s “vision,” the building security cameras each serving as a separate eye. The dozens of angles were dizzying to keep track of and Cara was grateful to be seated for the digital pursuit.

Caide. They are traveling toge--no, they’ve stopped in the eastern corridor, last hall on the left. Your Muun is panicked. Telling the others off...and yes, he’s left the others. He’s coming back around. He will be passing your location shortly. The others…

She watched as the two near-humans continued to exchange words and anxious glances.

They are continuing to the east branch of the building. The check in and possessions depot is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom