Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Secession

I would like a system similar to Rebellion but having much more focus on the story and the characters involved. And not to be exploited like Rebellion did. Instead I would like there to be a number of differences between Rebellion and Secession that it wouldn't be confused with each other. I specfically want there to be a secession crisis in the Galactic Alliance. But I will only do that when this has been implemented. If it ever does.

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

The word "secession" to my knowledge doesn't really mean what you're describing. I miss Rebellions too but they were always a little tricky during my time here.

But...if you want something that's dynamic and focused more on characters and story, not territory, you could likely reach out to any Major and do an interest check. A lot of factions might like to have a "villain" to bounce off of in threads. It can be really grueling to write your own opposing NPCs all the time so that might be a welcome offer. Maybe some cool "civil war" plots could spawn. I've not seen that in LS factions for a minute, for sure.

You could also start your own Major Faction and create story and tension that way. You can arrange invasions and achieve goals with the support of your peers in the interest of shaking things up and telling a good story.

Talking to people can take you places. Just reach out :)

Last edited:
I feel like the Trade Federation representative laid the fundamental groundwork for a secessionist movement in a recent post.

In it, they advocated for individual system or planetary security forces to receive more funding, in favor of the unified Galactic Alliance defense force.

This does two things.

1) It suggests that there is a loss of faith in the GA Defense Forces.
2) It suggests an attempt to strengthen local security forces which could be bound together to challenge GA authority.

This could be a remarkable story.

But I do not understand the mechanisms where such a thing could be accomplished.

I think that a vote of no confidence in the Chancellor, similar to how Valorum was kicked out of office in the Republic Era, would cause an uproar. Causing this character's alter-ego to be elected as Supreme Chancellor, also the Trade Federation could have a blockade over Jedha would create a strong sympathy vote for the alter-ego. Similar to how Palpatine was elected. It wouldn't be a landslide victory. But it would cause the Trade Federation to prepare a secessionist movement in the Senate and the Galactic Defense Force, making the Galactic Confederacy; I think this would be something that the entire community of the GA would enjoy. The worlds that would stay would have to fight in the Galactic Confederacy. Led by a former Jedi, it would repeat history. Again it's sort-of like poetry. Everything rhymes with the last one.

I doubt most of the GA writers would be interested in that kind of story. to be honest, most of the political RP within the GA is a niche thing that like 60% of the writer base outright ignores. Any form of civil war would mean the end of the GA as a faction, and it's just not in the cards from what I can tell. We're happy to tell internal stories with a stable GA, and having a major fracture within the GA would just ostracize most of the writerbase.

skin, bone, and arrogance
I doubt most of the GA writers would be interested in that kind of story. to be honest, most of the political RP within the GA is a niche thing that like 60% of the writer base outright ignores. Any form of civil war would mean the end of the GA as a faction, and it's just not in the cards from what I can tell. We're happy to tell internal stories with a stable GA, and having a major fracture within the GA would just ostracize most of the writerbase.
hmm-jeff-goldblum.gif

[THIS GIF IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT TITHE RELATED]

Fair enough, Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el I think both of you are right, but I would like to manipulate the Senate into corruption and decadence over time as the Alliance grows in power. So, maybe in the future, we can have internal conflict, but for now. I will bide my time and wait for just the right moment to cause internal conflict.

I still stand by my original post of reaching out for story purposes. Post LFG's for interested parties, etc.

You might not get a whole faction on board (as I can see a few people have already declined) but you might eventually get a few people interested in crafting a narrative with you. Even if it's an extra slow burn. It would hardly be the death of the GA if there's a little political unrest, though. Differing opinions can find common ground AND interesting stories...As long as ya'll are willing to talk to each other.

Well, yeah, but thats not our problem to solve. Thats on the OP. And trust me, they are aware of their options. They just chose “Suggestion forum > convince Staff to force GA to do stuff against their will via rules mechanics.”

Whats worse is, if this guy got what he wanted, he likely would be in zero position to actually launch a successful Secession. 9 times out of 10, the hope is the introduction of new mechanics by us solves the recruitment problem for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom