Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scum And Villainy

Steph turned around in shock, she sensed something wasn't right, she wouldn't let Joon catch her off guard. She had a feeling this was some sort of trick, she loved Joon so much, but she would get her for this one. She would slowly make her way over towards her her hand resting on the pommel of her sword which hung at her belt

[member="Joon"]

Stephanie turned and started towards her, without saying anything, full of confusion and annoyance. Joon raised her hand.

”You stop there! You didn’t listen to me, and now I’m…I’m bleeding…”

She glanced around, and held out her bloodied hand.

”You have never listened to me….and you’re too full of over-confidence…to ever be worthy to truly stand by me….”

Joon staggered, and fell forward onto a large air conditioning unit that fed into the underground complex, keeping it between her and the wonderfully irritated apprentice as the smoke billowed out of it.

[member="Stephanie Brown"] | [member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

It hadn't taken much effort to track down Joon. She and another woman surged brightly with the power of the Force, and Asemir had made his way towards their location. Adding to the convenience was the fact that they were headed towards the surface, and ultimately towards him.

He met them at the entrance of the burning bunker. He was in full stealth mode now, relying on his decades of experience and mastery of the Force to approach unnoticed. He moved from shadow to shadow, from a cloud of black smoke to the cover of a munitions crate. Finally, he caught sight of Joon's form against a ruined air conditioning unit, and Asemir stepped out from the oily smoke.

Songblade in hand, the Forgotten cast a glance at the Sith Acolyte and then to Joon. "I am here, Joon.". Then he noticed the blood oozing from the shoulder, and added matter-of-factly, "You're bleeding."

[member=Joon]
[member="Stephanie Brown"]

Joon looked up at that towering figure of [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] once again. Here to help, as expected. Her amber eyes and face didn’t convey joy, but more…slight weariness. She looked over at [member="Stephanie Brown"] and pointed with a lazy finger.

”I took her on and she’s out of control…she’ll kill me if you let her. She wants revenge. She’s a Jedi, using…the Dark to try and fool me.”

She reached out and grabbed his arm and pleaded with her eyes.

”Kill her…protect me…before she does it first….”

Steph wouldn't argue with Joon, even if she wasnt a Jedi she knew she was going to have to fight, Joon would get what was coming to her sooner or later. Steph would draw her original Beskad from its holster. The light drenched the blade in a dark red tint that made it appear wicked, if it was a fight Joon wanted it was a fight she was going to get.

[member="Joon"]

Joon span her head to [member="Stephanie Brown"] as she went for her weapon. She was hostile. She was angry. She was violent.

It was perfect.

”I KNEW you were unstable! You never surrendered to the Dark Side…you are just the same as the Jedi…weak and without discipline!”

She hobbled back.

”Asemir, please…!”

Her lip curled into a little excited smile behind his back.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

Asemir shook his head. "Joon, I'm not going to kill her just because you ask me to. I'll protect you, but that doesn't mean she has to die. I don't take lives based on hearsay."

He gave the other girl a hard look as she drew her sword. She really wasn't much more than a girl, Asemir realized. An adolescent according to human standards. The Forgotten sighed, hard. "Put that weapon away before you hurt yourself. And then explain what's going on here."

[member="Joon"]

Steph wasn't about to have this, treating her as a child who didn't know how to handle the sword she had forged herself. She would grow more angry by the moment. As he finished speaking she would charge, lifting the blade to make a thrust towards his midriff, should he block that or it miss she would pull back and slash in a figure 8 formation in attempt to decapitate the man, she was an expert with the blade

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]
[member="Joon"]

The girl evidently did not like to speak. Without a word, she lunged forward in an effort to impale Asemir against her sword. She was fast, but not fast enough to catch a him by surprise. Sidestepping the thrust, he brought up his own blade one-handed and easily parried her return strike.

She had stepped in close in order to deliver her attack, and that made her vulnerable. Her blade, a single-edged monstrosity, was too cumbersome for pointblank work, and Asemir knew he could eviscerate her before she could shift her guard.

But he didn't. Instead, he conjured the Force and delivered a hefty blow to her chest, a strike with enough power to knock her back several meters and drive the breath from her lungs.

He didn't want to kill her. Not yet. Not until he found out what Joon was up to.

[member="Joon"]

Joon held her side, already self-healing herself with only now minor flesh damage. The blood was stemming, but it looked good, so she didn’t try to wipe it. Instead, she watched her apprentice make a blind attack without consideration for her foe.

”Let the Force enhance your movements. Let the Dark Side control you – don’t fight it,” she hissed, aiming it at Stephanie.

Stephanie was hot-headed and resourceful, but she needed to gauge the opponent more. Their stance, their weapons, and even their physical and mental aura.

”Stop being a coward, Asemir – protect me, not the way you failed to protect your woman!”

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"] | [member="Stephanie Brown"]

Steph had realized that she was going to have to switch blades for this fight, this blade was just too heavy for this type of combat. She would in the blink of an eye her huge blade would disappear from her hand and her lighter black blade would appear in her hand ready for use. She would reach out with the force and examine her opponent, he was fast but that just meant she would have to be faster. She would examine him more, he used a sword pretty similar to her own. He seemed to have much skill with it. He seemed mentally sound but even the strongest if minds could be broken down. She would cloak herself in the shadows of the force, making her pretty much disappear against the black sky being as the twin suns had disappeared below the horizon. She would use force speed and come quickly upon the much larger man, she would swing her sword and use the force to choke him. If this caught him she would attempt to remove the sword from his grasp

[member="Joon"]

She came at him again after being shot back by Asemir's Force push. She was reckless in that regard, but the Forgotten could tell that she was learning. He felt the brush of the Force against his mental wards, felt the temperature and winds change as she manipulated her surroundings to hide her presence. He sensed the draw of power as she crossed the distance in a span of a heartbeat.

And when he felt the pressure along his neck, he felt a split second of icy trepidation. Just a taste. And then it was gone.

For as quickly as Stephanie had adapted and renewed her offense, it just wasn't going to be enough to catch Asemir by surprise. He had been fighting on active battlefields for longer than she had been alive, and the experience and wisdom gained from decades and decades of combating the fiercest of foes meant that his reactions were by pure instinct.

As Stephanie dropped from the visual realm, Asemir's mind reflexively probed his surroundings with the Force. It was the most basic of concepts, to fight and survive while blind, and one hammered into him since his childhood.

Night Terror flashed up and with shower of sparks, deflected Stephanie's blade. And because she had once again moved into grappling range, Asemir's elbow shot forward automatically in a blow destined to shatter her jaw.

Even as he moved, Asemir noted that more deadly than Stephanie's blade was the Force choke she had begun to apply to his neck. That had been an initial cause of alarm, but only for a moment. Experience had taught him that he had close to a minute before he would pass out from the stifling of oxygen and blood, and a minute was more than enough time to escape the predicament.

Plus, Stephanie was an adolescent, a child. Her mastery of the Force was weak compared to those he had fought, defeated, and killed. Breaking her concentration would be enough to shatter her grip.

And he had decided that the girl was too dangerous. No matter how Joon had manipulated the situation, Stephanie was now a danger to him, and he would not be holding back.

The momentum from his parry and counter-blow carried Asemir's blade into an arc that was aimed at cleaving the girl sagittally.

Bisection was typically sufficient to break one's concentration on the Force.

[member="Joon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom