Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Scramble For The Arm | Ashlan Crusade/NIO |

The tavern they had elected to meet in was far beyond the outskirts of the Graywall, deep in the heart of the outlying towns beyond the walls of the fortress. This section of the urban sprawl was home almost exclusively to members of the local militia, and thus was the rowdiest place the Ashlans had at their disposal. The building itself was made of darkened wood, and had stood in the center of town for several hundred years. It was so old that Cedric suspected the beer stains in the wood of his table had been around since the days of the Old Republic.

The tavern was alive with noise. Dozens of beings meandered about in varying states of drunkenness, the majority of a local company swamping the bars of the township now that their drills for the day had concluded. A band played a
traditional Essonian chant in the corner, and the smell of sweat and alcohol filled the air with a pungency that was not unlike that of a locker room.

This was the very definition of a grunt watering hole, and the exile could not help but allow himself to be swept up by the festive spirit of the place. He had not, however, come to revel. The agent from the New Imperial Order had asked to meet here to discuss terms for economic and military aid. Normally Cedric would have taken the meeting in his office, but he wanted the represenative to get a taste of what the Ashlan militia was all about.

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust was to join him shortly. From what Cedric knew of him, he was one of the last Essonian Knights still breathing, though he'd only made the man's acquintance briegly. Even still, any Jedi from the homeworld would have invaluable input in a meeting such as this. He reached up to take a swig from his mug of beer as he waited for Faust and the NIO Rep to arrive, a man by the name of Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk . Cedric knew little of him, but personal knowledge was not important.

There were matters of war and the redrawing of the galactic borders to be discussed.

Renair Naki

R
Clack...clack...clack. The sound of the mans cane echoed throughout the streets as he looked out of place in this part of town. A distinctive outfit of nobility, one suited for one such as himself with an ornate cane, this time one of a crystal snakes head coiled around the cane. The stench of this area was something he already became used to with his many travels across the galaxy, having seen the high end of life and the low end of it as well. After his chance meeting with a particular Sullustan, his life had been given far greater meaning than he could have possibly imagined.

The powers he now had ranged from almost unlimited potential and his own skillset with a lightfoil was almost becoming unmatched. At some point, he would really need to test it against an able opponent but as of currently, there was none to try it out on. As he walked towards the Tavern, a rather large person walked beside him, some form of Vurk. Going rather close to the human male, it would speak a bit in a hushed voice as it pressed something from its coat onto the individual.

"Credits, now human."
"My credits? I am a poor man in a paupers outfit, I only have so little on me."
"Then hand over whatever you have!"
"I have only but two credits on me."
"Then hand it over!"

Reaching over into his coat pocket with his right hand, he swiftly grabbed his cane and with both hands, swung hard as he could upwards into the Vurk males sensitive area between the legs. There was a swift moment of silence before a loud shriek as the male dropped to the side in howling pain as the human looked down and shrugged, stabbing the bottom tip of his cane into the Vurks stomach as he stepped on his body and over him to keep going, making a snide remark along the way.

"Enjoy the two you can rub together anytime, anywhere."

Approaching the Tavern, he held up a small piece of paper and examining the wooden pub before entering the establishment. That may been a mistake as it was extremely loud, the music played as if it would never end and people were screaming left and right. What hell did he deserve to have this around him? Walking through the drunken tavern of people, people were laughing and trying to hug onto him, only for the human male to merely push away with the top of his cane as he went to the bar, tugging on his outfit a little.

"Barkeep, one glass of wine."

Almost instantly there be a stop of talking around the counter near him and the barkeep himself as they start to chuckle and laugh at the request. The human male merely raised a brow as the barkeep explained, leaning down as he motioned him to lean over.

"This ain't no fancy club human...I think you are in the wrong tavern."
"No, I am in the right one. Looking for a Cedric Grayson, know him?"
"Yeah, but what is it worth to you?"
"A free round of drinks to the entire tavern, myself included."
"Prove it."

Taking out from inside his long coat, he pulled out a credit chit and flipped it along his knuckles, letting him see the value with the barkeeps eyes lighting up. Pointing without words to a nearby table, the human male would flip the credit chit onto the counter as he walked away without saying another word as a few of the drunks started to realize it...and started to roar a bit as some darted towards the counter. Walking past a passed out drunk, he picked up rather quickly his bottle of rum that was unopened and proceeded towards the table where the famed Grayson, sitting at a very old and stained table.

Approaching, he would place a bottle of the rum down near the other end of the table with a bit of a thud. Turning the bottle brand towards the one known as Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson , he would speak up as some were now away from them. All the while of course, moving a chair out and attempting to sit down, head tilted to the side with his cane near his sunken in face.

"At last, I hope to be proven right that after nine years of long and hardship, that I finally come across the famous, charismatic Cedric Grayson. You have been quite a pain to find these last nine years...tell me, where have you been this whole time? All the credits in the world had such problems pinpointing your location...not even my mentor knew your presence until just recently at your festival."

The tavern was loud, but the table remained silent as Cedric simply observed the shenanigans. His constituents and their guests were yet to arrive, and he was keen on enjoying the atmosphere as he sipped away at his beer. The empyrean was alight with life here, and he found it nearly impossible to tune out the joy of existence entirely.

He almost didn't notice when the stranger strode up to the table.

"Been busy," came the exile's response. He took another long draft from his mug, blue eyes narrowed into pinpricks of flint as he stared at the long haired man. The guy looked well out of place in an establishment like this, and he was talking about tracking Cedric down? Probably a bounty hunter.

"
Something called a Barash Vow." He added, setting his mug aside to get a better look at his guest. "Are you a hunter, a Sith?" He asked plainly. "You should know that if you are, this is a very bad place to make a move." He gave a wave of his hand toward the dozens of militiamen milling about, "If you aren't, state your business quickly. I'm about to have a very important meeting and I'd prefer it unbothered," a pause. "Your mentor? Who?"

Renair Naki

Renair Naki

R
Watching the other male nearby, he could not help but hear all the noise surrounding them. Popping open the rum bottle with one hand, the strange male would sip on it as he coughed for a brief moment. Apparently not much of an alcoholic drinker but with a few short coughs, he leaned back and took more gentle sips. Not being able to taste much food for a majority of his life was awful though in the last nine years, he made it a mission to try out nearly everything he could...even if it does taste like a womp rats hind end.

"So we can tell...well, he could tell."

The male before him had a slight sunken in face, his hair almost of silver based color though his roots spoke that at one point, it was pitch black like his neat coat and undershirt. Swirling the bottle for a moment, he had a bit of an aristocratic feel to him, having looked to been grown up in that environment nearly his entire life though his eyes spoke a different story. Those hazel eyes of his would only momentarily pierce into the others soul, the feel of over thousands of years of life seemed to swirl in the strange man before him, his force signature though a candle...though almost feeling scalding to be near. Almost as if...it has not been let loose yet.

"I will remember that...also a hunter, how a profound person looking this good be a hunter? If I had to be a hunter, I would dress...differently. I am also not a Sith, much as life turned at first then turned against. While this place be a horrible place for a brawl, it won't be...to difficult to move a table or two around." Sipping a bit more of Rum, he smacked his lips and gave a long sigh, leaning back as his eyes lazily looks around the place and gave another small cough. "My business is you Cedric Grayson...as I said, I been told to find you for nine years...nine years pondering the name of Cedric Grayson, why that one man gave me a new lease in life in exchange of his own."

"A follower of Ashla...which I have devoted to its light. Now that I have found you...I am ready to follow through your light, as my Master has allowed me to do with my training complete. Also who my mentor is...he prefers not to be found though he mentioned you knowing of a temple on Tython. Said you would understand the meaning of faith, explosives and redemption which makes no sense to me." Giving another sip of Rum, he held it down this time but gave a bit of a cough in his throat before sniffing a bit, scrunching his nose up on smelling possibly vomit. "Also how rude of me...I am Renair, family of the royal linage of Naki of Kuat."

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson

31b93ff10d9f4b64ba0f48e67a2f91913a2c0dce.gif

А К Т И В Н Ы Е _ М Е Р О П Р И Я Т И Я
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
GRAYWALL, RUUSAN

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Renair Naki
N5cG5gd.png
To Jaeger Harrsk religious zealots were insane, volatile, but extremely unyielding. Jedi or Sith, both were one face of the same coin. The only difference was that the Jedi had taken their side in the Third Imperial Civil War. Presently, as that war has cooled off, the Imperials had taken to solve the issues at home, first and foremost. The provincial government, a system of de-centralized governance that Harrsk remained an unwavering opponent of, was already baring its noxious fangs.

Debates in the Assembly nearly came to blows, covert skirmishes or underhanded operations had been undertaken by both Moffs and Warlords against each other vying for influence in the Throne of the Sovereign Imperator. And while a solution was being sought to the internal discord, along with the scramble over Chiss space against the newly-conjured cultists of the Maw, the New Imperials had silently opted to curtail the total war doctrine against the Sith, unless the latter sought to actively press against the newly-formed borders.

Now was the time to spend others' lives on the war against the Sith, thus why he found himself on Graywall to meet with the Jedi Lord Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson , scion of Ession. What better to witness than both cults of the Force slaying each other. Jaeger's eyes beneath the sunglasses scanned the chaotic tavern until it found the man in question - Grayson. Another man, of noble look, sat opposite of him. The Commissioner hesitated only briefly before approaching the two's table and taking a chair on his way. He sat casually, lit a cigarette and leaned back on the chair.

"Gentlemen." he eyed the unidentified, long-haired man and said nothing more until Cedric confirmed the man could partake in their conversation.

impmac2.png

G R U N G E
TASK UNIT ALPHA
IMPERIAL MILITARY ASSISTANCE GROUP (IMPMAG)
COMPNOR
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Renair Naki

N5cG5gd.png

IMPERIAL CARGO

Ashlan Crusade. Warriors of the light, Jedi Crusaders, Jedi Lords, whatever they wanted to call themselves. As good as another tool, all the same as the Sith they'd gunned down in the streets of Ravelin were. Any angle where they could spend lives that weren't Imperial in seeking their goals was a path worth walking. Ruusan teetered at the edge of a bloody, bloody war. And in this dingy tavern in the periphery of Greywall, they were set to make another one just a bit more bloody.

He entered alongside his newfound superior, The Commissioner. Jaeger Harrsk, the Tetan. Both of their enigmas were written in shades of enigma, no doubt it made for a better working pair. He'd been promoted to Task Unit Commander of New Imperial Special Operations Task Unit 'Alpha', one of several that carried some of the highest speed operations of the New Imperial Armed Forces. Most recently, conducting counter-terror and counter-insurgency operations state side or within recently acquired Imperial territories. In the same note as Kolson's ascention to unit commander, following the promotion of the man he was replacing to a spot within the Committee of Improvements, Task Unit Alpha was assigned under 'IMPMAG', the Imperial Military Assistance Group. A section of Imperial armed forces command tasked with conducting intelligence gathering, combat observations and field training operations to entities that while...not 'officially' allied to the New Imperial Order, had presently aligning interests.

He'd be working with these Jedi and their militias, no doubt he should be here for bridging first contact.

He looked between them, the men they were meeting with, evidently indifferent in either of their directions. Jaeger was set to do much more talking than he was. He was here to observe and learn. Regardless, he offered a nod to each in greeting before taking his seat next to Harrsk.

There was once a time when Heinrich would have taken issue with meeting in such a location. The blend of the common soldier mixed with the occasional scum was something that would nag at a man of his reputation. Of course, years in Sith captivity can change even those with the most noble of heritage and heart. Year after year he had been beaten, whipped, and tortured. By the time he had escaped, Heinrich was no longer the same man. Entitlement had melted away, allowing piety and purpose to seep in, providing him with greater clarity. Those around him may be the rank and file, but they had just as much of a stake in the cause as he did.

He slowly made his way through the door of the tavern, allowing the smell of sweat and ale flood his senses. The band's song provided him with some comfort in this place. Any piece of home could provide him with a small amount of ease. If this were another day, he may have grabbed a drink and enjoyed their music, but today was all business. He had received a message from none other than their lord and king, Cedric Grayson. The transmission had come as a bit of a surprise; he didn't know the man well, and had spent a long time away from his people. Yet, here he was, about to negotiate alongside the man himself.

Heinrich was able to pick up on Cedric's Force signature rather quickly. Cedric was very adept at keeping his footprint small when he desired, but there's something about an Essonian's energy that was unmistakable, at least, to another Essonian. Heinrich's eyes shot over to the table, where it appeared that the representatives had already made their way. He calmly moved to the table, making sure to address Cedric first.

"Lord Grayson."

The words were met with a traditional salute of the Essonian knights. A simple, yet profound gesture to project his devotion to their cause. He took a seat at the table, nodding in acknowledgment of the others at the table.

"I pray I haven't arrived late."

He kept his words to a minimum, for now. He knew that Cedric would allow him to provide input as was needed. For now, however, he would listen.

The exile listened with a passing curiosity as Renair Naki gave his piece. From the stranger's descriptions, Cedric felt he had fairly good idea as to who Renair's mentor truly was. With that in mind, he opted to tolerate the man's presence. There was no deception about him within the empyrean aside from the attempt at being cryptic. If he wished to walk with the crusade, then he had a place at this table anyway, though Cedric would keep him on a very short leash for the time being.

"Then I'll want whatever opinions you might have here shortly Renair. Consider it your first act of service," the Jedi mumbled as he leaned back into his chair. The first of the imperials seemed more than a bit out of place in the tavern. Cedric thumped his fingers across the top of his helmet as he nodded to the man, "Sir." That nod was mirrored toward Renair.

The second man fit the room far better. Cedric didn't pick up on him immediately, a brow lofting as he sat down at the table. "I hope the tavern is to your liking," he greeted, offering a thin smile as he took a sip from his mug. Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust arrived then, snapping off a salute and offering his apologies. Cedric casually thudded a fist to his chest to return the respect implied in the gesture. "Right on time Mister Faust. Take a seat."

The exile's gaze returned to the imperials. "I am Cedric Grayson, as you likely already know. My companions are Mister Naki and Mister Faust." They were a tool to the imperials, and that suited Cedric just fine. If the correspondence was true, and the imperials meant to supply his people, their motives were wholly irrelevant. Some might have said they were making a deal with the devil, but Cedric supposed the question was which of the two parties happened to be the devil in this scenario. Surely there were many imperials that were not too keen on backing a foreign militarist power.

"I assume the only reason the New Imperial Order would take any interest in my people is the matter of the Sith, no?"

Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask , Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk

Renair Naki

R
Leaning back in his chair, having the bottle of rum in his hand as he heard Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson s answer. He was allowed to stay, blinking for a brief moment before nodding. "Be my pleasure to be finally in your service." Giving a bit of a curt smile, he noticed people starting to arrive as he, rather loudly, moved his chair around the side of Cedric Grayson. Seeing the first male, he was a bit puzzled as this apparently was some form of Imperial from the New Imperial Order. While he looked over Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk outfit and look, he made a mental note that a hairstyle like that was to die for and a handsome look at that, scar included.

Noticing the gesture of two fingers to the forehead, Renair would mimic it as he was not used to this kind of stance, thumping it on his forehead. He would repeat this...several times for each person coming in. Renair was obviously not used to this kind of formality and may be partly bled from another particular individual as well from his past. Looking over at the second individual, Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask seemed to be a strict person from where he was watching, something that obviously did not translate to well yet some people use actions as words. Other than that, the mans hair was a mess and something he would comb out first before going anywhere.

Lastly the one that approached and called Cedric Grayson a Lord. Strange title but he would remember that for later, only of course finally meeting him for the first time today. Other than that, the males hair known as Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust was rather combed well and his body language seemed genuine, something that was appreciated for once. Sitting straight up, he kept the cane of his in both hands as he listened to the conversation. The other gentleman that sat near him was apparently a Mr. Fraust, something to remember. Apparently his own timing seemed to been accidental on this meeting, as apparently this was an arranged meeting between the New Imperial Order and the Ashlan Crusade. Listening silently, thoughts ran through his mind and advice his father once gave him.

You Only Lie Once, You Tell the Truth Twice. Balance The Timing.

31b93ff10d9f4b64ba0f48e67a2f91913a2c0dce.gif

А К Т И В Н Ы Е _ М Е Р О П Р И Я Т И Я
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
GRAYWALL, RUUSAN

Cedric Grayson Cedric Grayson | Renair Naki | Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask | Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust
N5cG5gd.png
If Jaeger had been a diplomat maybe he would've blunted the Jedi Lord's directness on the matter at hand with carefully threaded words that only politicians were capable of weaving. The Commissioner was an intelligence officer with some military background. Curving around topics was never his specialty, neither to his liking, so he did welcome Grayson's candor. As he had already given his last name to the Jedi Lord in their short communique before the meeting, Jaeger went straight to the point following Cedric's lead.

"Correct." he took a small drag of his cigarette, before continuing, "We share fundamentally a mutual goal against the Sith, so it is only natural that we find together a solution to our common problem." a gesture at the table, his eyes glancing at each of the gathered, "hence, this meeting."

Jaeger lifted his hand towards Kolson beside him, "This is Grunge." he opted for the man's codename, "You could say... he specializes in the military aspect of New Imperial aid. That said, let's really cut to the chase, Grayson. To take on the Sith you need weapons, you need logistics, you need intel, you need funds, you need experience." the Comissioner casually counted, then leaned back on his chair, "And those are all things we can offer."

5m5qOKV.png

Heinrich did what he could to read those around the table, to little effect. The motives of those he did not know where a mystery. Nevertheless, they were here, which meant that their goal was shared, if only for now. His eyes went to the man who spoke of needs. He was clearly a man of straight answers, a quality that made Heinrich feel a bit more at ease. Even so, he felt the need to do some digging.

"These are things that you can provide, this is true. What I would like to know, is simply this... what is do the New Imperials expect in return? We may share a common enemy, but surely there is more that you wish to get out of this."

It wasn't meant as a jab, but Heinrich wouldn't be surprised if it were taken as one. His plan would be to meet plain speech with plain speech, showing these representatives that they spoke a similar language. He shot a subtle look in Cedric's direction to gauge his approval for the tactic. Though it seemed that these negotiations were fairly set in stone, Heinrich was well aware that nothing was truly set until carried out.

Cedric listened in introspective silence as he sipped away at his mug of beer. The imperials offered about as much as he'd expected. Cedric was no mind reader, but he understood the minds of autocrats well enough. The Sith were shattered, yes, but not entirely broken, and the security of the New Imperial Order could not be certain until they were. The exile had his own private suspicions about the will of this order's imperator: his ambitions would not be restrained to the outlying territories of the galaxy. If the Ashlans helped them finish off the remnants of the Sith, they would turn their sights to toward the core. They might have claimed friendship with the Galactic Alliance for now, but that seemed more a matter of convenience than any genuine kinship. Every new imperial he'd spoken to was very open about their hatred for democracy and the values it could be identified with.

In times past, this would have been enough for Cedric to deny the aid entirely, but he was no longer the man he had once been. His purpose was to serve, and to do so the kingdom would need to be restored. If that meant aligning with , at least in Cedric's mind, an atheist imperial state, then so be it. The Silvers weren't offering their help, and the alliance had proven itself time and again to be as treacherous as the Sith they claimed to oppose.

It would be an alliance of necessity, the fate of the faithful tied with that of the northern militarists. The Iron Sun would come together with the Ashlan Phoenix to forge a war machine that would see the forces of degeneracy wiped clean from the east, an alliance of iron and holy fire, a pact of steel.

Cedric had already decided to take the aid, but there were questions yet to be asked. Fortunately, Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust raised them for him. The Essonian Knight might yet prove to be the right hand that Cedric required. He simply nodded in the man's direction, indicating to the NIO representatives that he was equally curious.

Renair Naki, Jaeger Jaeger Harrs, Kolson Vrask Kolson Vrask

Ketaris, New Imperial Space

It wasn't something Enlil could get directly involved in, but knowing about the actions taken by COMPNOR outside of New Imperial space was one of his duties as Grand Vizier. The agents who went to deal with the prominently military minded Jedi did so with cautious leave from the Sovereign Imperator and some oversight from the King. Sending a diplomat would not do, because overtly, they were not supposed to make friends with more fringe groups. However, people willing to fight Sith were a valuable resource. In charge of Economics for the Imperium, he was also carefully tabulating costs and what they had leftover to allocate to this enterprise.

Had it not been for recent events between his own world and the Grand Admiral's, Enlil might not have fully condoned aiding and abetting a foreign power. Since he had seized assets bound to Prefsbelt IV through Ketaris however, there were assets available for liquidation. Funding a garrison of Stormtroopers with all of that capital was overkill, to say the least. So, Enlil waited and listened as Harrsk spoke. Logistics and intelligence were the man's forte- coin, however, was the world that the King oversaw. He nodded sagely at the interaction, something he was privy to while the Jedi were not quite directly aware of his involvement. They might sense something, or they might not- either way, he communicated to Commissioner.

"I have made funds available for your enterprise, Commissioner Haarsk," he told the man simply. "If things proceed amicably, your plan has my full endorsement and backing."

While the King did not always agree with how COMPNOR operated, more often than not, he found himself amenable to their employment into the field. He was nothing if not pragmatic. Staying in good standing with them was important with Tarkinists breathing down his neck, as well. People that Tal and Rausgeber disliked were wont to disappear, and Enlil was not ignorant of that fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom