Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SCIRE Artificial Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.

WZDaTAo.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create an AI to oversee Ariadna V.I. & Eyayah-class communication relay operations.
Image Source:
Lost Boy
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source:
Artificial Intelligence

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Stellarcom
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: SCS3Y3 SCIRE Artificial Intelligence
Modularity: Can be reprogrammed with time
Production: Minor
Material: Electronic components, code, digits

SPECIAL FEATURES

Advanced Information Gathering & Sorting Algorithms
Exceptional Problem Solving Capabilities
Ariadna V.I. Hub Interface

STRENGTHS

Big Brother’s Eye: The SCIRE A.I. series was built for advanced data analysis and creative problem solving, being capable of rapidly decoding and sifting through the vast amounts of information they continuously receive via the network of Eyayah-class relay stations and Ariadna V.I.’s it they have been assigned. In theory they have the ability to independently micro manage the data feeds of up to fifty systems, although this has yet to be proven in practice.
Stronger, Better, Faster: SCIRE A.I. are intended to rapidly learn and gradually ‘evolve’ to better fulfill their intended purpose over time. This means that the longer one is active and the more access to information it has been provided, the more advanced the A.I. will become.

WEAKNESSES

Tethered By Design: Requires access to a ‘host’ network in which to dwell and interact with the wider galaxy. Can only exist in networks and nodes specifically formatted and created to house them to limit tampering and keep them from running completely rampant.
Slicerbait: While tampering is more difficult and required direct acess, SCIRE A.I. are not completely immune to external sabotage and could potentially be reprogrammed by an individual with sufficient knowledge, skill and time.
Unchained Disharmony: Strictly speaking, SCIRE could be considered shackled artificial intelligences, meaning that they are bound to uphold and follow predetermined rules. Unfortunately, SCIRE have proven to be rather creative in re-interpreting said rules to suit their own agenda. While this has yet to mean they act against their creators, it does make them rather… unpredictable when they feel their goals don’t necessarily align with the requests and orders they receive.

DESCRIPTION

Specialized Communication Intelligence Research Engine. Conceived and realized as an advanced artificial intelligence, the SCIRE A.I. is a fully self-aware programme that specializes in the gathering of information from the multitude of ‘lesser’ Ariadna intelligences networks that it oversees. In that role it is capable of acting independently and without oversight, with its only real limitation being that it does so with the best interest of Stellarwind R&L and its various subsidiaries in mind. Of course, what exactly constitutes as ‘best interest’ is a little hazy at times and the more savvy models quickly learn how to creatively interpret that mandate.
The one thing they do take seriously, however, is the sanctity and upkeep of the networks they have been placed in charge of. While the personality and nature of each SCIRE can vary immensely from model to model, this seems to be as universally true as their seemingly self-inflated opinion of themselves and their penchant for bullying Ariadna V.I. programmes. This is primarily due to the fact that the network that they have been selected to oversee is directly tied how each model equates their standing and value amongst their peers. Viewing the successful upkeep and continued brokerage of information they gather as a way of advancing and competing with fellow SCIRE A.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom