Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ariadna Virtual Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
SwMKmwI.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a sophisticated, if limited bot to run and manage Eyayah-class communication relays.
Image Source: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: Artificial Intelligence

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Stellarcom
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: SCS80T Ariadna Virtual Intelligence
Modularity: Can be reprogrammed and updated with time
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Electronic components, code, digits

SPECIAL FEATURES

Advanced Information Gathering & Sorting Algorithms
P30N Droid Interface
Eyayah-Class Communication Relay Compatability

STRENGTHS

Slave To The Machine: Ariadna V.I.’s are purpose built to process, sort and catalogue immense amounts of data. It is also capable of running and maintaining a communications relay and bevy of assorted P30N droids in concert with this endeavour. It might lack true intelligence and imagination, but it more than makes up for it by being a truly loyal workhorse.
No Life, No Problem: Ariadna V.I. is designed to sacrifice itself without a second nanothought should the need arise. It is the very definition of an expendable workforce.

WEAKNESSES

Tethered By Design: Requires access to a ‘host’ network in which to dwell and interact with the wider galaxy. Can only exist in networks specifically formatted and created for it.
Slicerbait: Ariadna V.I. aren’t immune to external sabotage and could potentially be reprogrammed by an individual with sufficient knowledge, skill and time.
Imitation Game: In contrast to a true artificial intelligence, as a virtual intelligence Ariadna lacks any real sense of self-awareness and cannot form or carry out abstract thinking. It can only respond exactly as it programming dictates and can only ever ‘imitate’ sentience. This makes it very uncreative and limited when dealing with situations that exist outside of those envisioned by its creators.

DESCRIPTION

With an ever increasing amount of information being fed through their communication relays, Stellar Communication Services went through a number of V.I. generations to sort, catalogue and distribute resources accordingly. Of which, the Ariadna V.I. serves as the ninth and most latest installment. Purposefully built with severe limitations so it was easier to control and make subservient to a dedicated Hub A.I., it perhaps isn’t the most impressive or even the brightest bot program in recent years. It simply wants to manage its station to the best of its ability and… Not much else, really. It has no goals, no dreams, no aspirations beyond that.
Nor any sense of self-preservation.
All in all, the ideal blindly loyal yet expendable worker for a dead end job that is all too frequently in the middle of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom