Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission [SCAR] - A Cold Threat

-

NIO_symbol_black_copy.png

FROM: Chief Engineer Crix Skerris, Imperial Mining Corporation
TO: SCAR Squadron, Imperial Special Forces
RE: [ILUM QUARRY] Exterminating the Gorgodon Nest

High Command has lit a fire under my arse by halving my deadline to raise the crystal yield capacity to eighty percent. That's a fire under your arse now. Our planned expansion of tunnel section E, as you know, has been a disaster. Ten engineers mawed to death, two dozen laborers devoured and a squad of scout troopers hanging limbless across the caves down there. Worst of it all -- we've lost a baradium canister to these Gorgodon beasts and the next supply drop is in a month's time. Current inventory's going to last only for another three days.

Clear section E, recover the baradium and exterminate the designated Gorgodon Nest preventing us from expanding further.

Oh, you do that? And I can throw a commendation to a friend in the Corps dealing with promotions.

Regards.

IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
SCAR SQUADRON
N5cG5gd.png
Objectives:
  • Clear Tunnel Section E
  • Exterminate Gorgon Nest
  • Recover Baradium Canister

Tram System,
Headed to Section E

With a flick of the finger, Sarge shut the text transmission projected from his wristpad, that had been delivered to each of the SCAR troopers, and his hand fell down next to his leg. The frigid cold barely bothered the smoking commander. The lungs welcomed the breath of fresh air, despite the inhaled clouds of smoke -- it was a respite from the constant filters operating within the frame of their helmets.

He leaned back on the spartan seat, his whole spine clattered from the tram's constant rattle as it made its way downward. Not long from now and they would be arriving at the bloodied tunnel section E. Security detail on an IMC operation was the last thing he'd expected SCAR to be deployed for. It was only when he'd read where the operation was conducted that he understood why SCAR would be here -- here in the ice world of Ilum, the Alliance's frontier. Pilfering their resources for the good of the Empire.

The thought of plucking gold straight from the Senate's pocket pulled his lips into a faint smirk. Hal would never forget the Chancellor's order of retreat on Ziost leaving the Imperator and his Empire alone against the monstrosities of the Sith. Many men had perished on the cursed soil of the Sith world, a last defiant bite of a slain beast.

Many good men.

"Heard New Alderaan was a blue milk gone sour." he commented, curious about each of the troopers' personal experiences. "Tion throwing a rougher fight than expected, huh?" news of the Alliance's intervention had not reached the commander who had been flooded with various bureaucratic tasks in the meantime.

A COLD THREAT
PRODIGAL SON

501st STORMTROOPER LEGION | ENIGMA PLATOON
SUPPORTING | IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn

W97n1D7.png

New Alderaan was one of his first grazes with real combat. As a fresh platoon leader, he didn't see much of it directly- he was confined to the command, HQ units helping coordinate smaller scale urban operations. That itch to feel the rush of war was left unscratched and for all the worse, the Empire was given a very bloody nose in their attempt to seize the world.

Now here they were on another snowball of a world. The Empire's legacy of winterized operations was well documented. MIMIC often dug deep into these past operations tracing back over a decade ago be it Mygeeto, Helgard or Csilla. The latter of which involving large scale maneuvers led by the forefather of his truly. Now he tread in his shadow, though he was far less equipped for the fight. But so wasn't any soldier, any leader at any given point. Effective leaders are hardly ever born, they're made- forged and molded in the fires of combat.

Kriegan's time was coming before he knew it.

He peered into the stolen gaze of the helmet before him, void of the winterized components demanded for this climate in favor of ease of movement. Adhering to doctrine would only slow them down, something Kriegan was very quickly realizing in contrast to the far too many 'by the books' blocks of instruction offered at MIMIC.

"Was hardly just Tion out there. My men said there was plenty of Alliance to go around, that's how they bruised us- hardly anything else. No matter- they'll get what's coming for them." Kriegan remarked, his gaze and voice only eerily resembling his father, a man none of those around him knew save for holo-recordings of speeches or combat footage.

He glanced the way down the tram, accompanied by three of his own from his platoon, grenadier, heavy assault gunner, rifleman and himself. A meager fireteam to accompany SCAR, mostly to fill the role as 'B-team' to extract and cycle out SCAR should a horrid circumstance torch the operational plan.

"Seems like we'll catch them with their pants down here, though. Right under their nose." He said, the remark accompanied with a smirk to the rest of them.

Castor E-196

Imperial Naval Special Forces

Master Sergeant Castor E-196
Imperial Navy Special Forces Command; Attached to SCAR

Objective: Clear Tunnel Section E
Allies: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Enigma Actual Enigma Actual Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn

Castor remained silent as he listened to Kriegan talk, trying to find a comfortable position to sit in the compartment due to his enhanced frame. He had heard little about the operations just before the Tion flare-up, though word always spread amongst the intelligence and operator commands of the Empire. It sounded like a real botched job on the surface, but Castor had seen enough to give the benefit of the doubt. Missions seldom went as planned, even under the most controlled conditions. It was not his place to judge, but the fact the operatives had made it out was suitable recompense by his estimation.

Almost out of habit, he checked on his armour again. RAMPART was solid and reliable, but after all the recent sustained combat and the harsh environmental conditions outside, well, never could be too safe. While the Stormtrooper eschewed winter attachments, Castor had made sure his armour was at least fitted with some of the recommended modules.

"Seems like we'll catch them with their pants down here, though. Right under their nose." He said, the remark accompanied with a smirk to the rest of them.

"In and out. As long as we don't catch the attention of the Alliance."

ilumpre.png

R E A P E R
THE EMPIRE
EN ROUTE | ILUM
TAG: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Enigma Actual Enigma Actual | Castor E-196 Castor E-196 | Margo Liaeris Margo Liaeris
GEAR: Bish, use your imagination
irondiv.png

banner7.png

MADNESS

From the one engagement to the other.

Her shoulder never had time to properly recover before SCAR was deployed into the next engagement. Which meant that the Reaper wasn't in the most cordial of moods on the way to their next op.

Which meant that the sharpshooter was vehemently checking her gear and was not particularly inclined in engaging in small talk.

Bloody Jedi.

"Tion throwing a rougher fight than expected, huh?"

Lily bristled at these words, rifle over her knees.
"Bold words from one not on the ground during that engagement, Sarge." Continuing to check the rifle. Keep fishing for a bullet, soldier. The kid she had spared in that moment would haunt her for eternity. No need for Hal to bring that lapse of duty in exchange for empathy to the forefront again.

Cue another Bureau investigation most probably.

They would bloody dare.

Lily took in a deep breath. This time, it wasn't just SCAR. Not that the rooks made things any easier.

"Seems like we'll catch them with their pants down here, though. Right under their nose."
"In and out. As long as we don't catch the attention of the Alliance."
She glanced at Margo Liaeris Margo Liaeris for a brief moment in that silent understanding. It had been hot in that defence station for their respective teams. Then she returned the Prodigal Son's smirk eventually.
"Those Gorgodons are bitches, Sir. They make Wampas look bad. Better shoot straight." Not to mention those bloody lightsabers if things went completely south. Nothing she as sharpshooter couldn't handle, but you never knew. Surprises happened.

SCAR's luck hadn't turned back to normal lately, after all.

Last edited:

swl34_preview1.jpg

STALKER
irondiv.png

Objective: A Cold Threat...
Tags: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Enigma Actual Enigma Actual | Castor E-196 Castor E-196 | Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn

To go from a full-on warzone on Tion, to a clandestine subterranean insertion on Ilum was; even among the men and women within SCAR - quite the change of pace to get used to. Like the Vaiken, Margo had also initially struggled to understand what needs would justify use of a specialized unit like SCAR to resolve a pest problem. But that wasn’t her role - to question orders. They were simply to follow them. Even still, a feeling took root within her that there was more to this mission than met the eye, but again; she knew better than to give voice to such concerns, at least in front of the newbies joining them.

It was strange to think of others as the ‘newbies’ in the group. But within the span of time since her induction into SCAR, she had established herself within. The knowing glance on Reaper’s part demonstrated that without mistake. Back on Niruaun, Reaper seemed just as ready to rip Margo’s head off of her shoulders as she was to fight alongside her. But the two women had seen much between then and now, and had more or less saved each other’s lives on multiple occasions. Margo met Reaper’s gaze and gave her a fractional nod in return. For the first time (at least, in Margo’s career within SCAR), they had met a former ally on the field of battle. It was probably a forgone conclusion that both women had underestimated their foe to some degree, largely due to the effectiveness of their unit.

But by the Emperor, the damned Alliance knew how to fight. She shuffled slightly in her seat and cleared her throat before responding to Vaiken. “They put up a fight, i’ll give them that. You would have thought it was their home turf we were fighting on. They fought like fecking bastards, the lot of them. Died like bastards too...” Her tone and overall expression grew a touch grim at the last words to exit her mouth. Normally, she was the jovial and borderline suggestive member of the team during moments like these. She wasn’t exactly sure what it meant that she wasn’t that way right now, but she also didn’t quite care to engage in introspection either.

It would seem as though Reaper’s natural fire was on display however, as she bit back with a small jab; commenting on Vaiken’s absence during the whole affair. The corners of Margo’s lips couldn’t help but curl slightly at the remark, but otherwise she remained silent as she prepared herself. The operation seemed straightforward enough, but she couldn’t shake the need to get herself in the proper headspace before they deployed.

Despite her earlier reservations, Margo spoke up in spite of herself. “Sarge, you know i’m not one to question orders - and that’s not necessarily what i’m doing here. But I just can’t shake the feeling that there’s more to this op than simple... Gorgodon extermination. They’re formidable beasts, and maybe it’s nothing. But I just got a feeling. Am I just...” After a moment’s reflection, Margo shook her head. “Nevermind.”

X5Yx2PB.png

A sour taste slithered on his tongue; New Alderaan had been a rough experience for his squadmates and he had not been there. Stalker’s usually jovial outlook now turned grim further reinforced the others’ accounts.

I’m feeling you’re gut’s right, Llaeris.” he nodded at the large woman, then shifted his gaze to their newest addition — Castor. “I don’t think this is an in-and-out op for the Empire. Some of you—“ he’d thrown a glance at Kriegan. “—know well how the blue-red-gold plaques react to having their plans go sideways.” a reference to the Moff Council and the Imperial High Command as a whole. “Neither the Alliance or the Empire would call it as it is out in the open… but I think we are headed—no— we already are in a state of war with the Core sons of bitches. Ever since His Highness the late Emperor Fel tore the Bastion Accords, if you ask me.

And Hal fully supported that.

The Galaxy would not see peace until an Emperor sat on the seat of universe — Coruscant.

A thin smirked formed on his face at Lily as he blew a cloud of smoke. “But I’m here now, Reaper—you won’t have to miss me saving your arse any longer.” he quipped, the dryness of his humor signature to the SCAR commander. “And if anything — you won’t be relying on the Navy at all. Last I heard they were too frightened by a big gun on New Alderaan to keep our heads safe.” Sarge threw a friendly jab at Castor, the behemoth of a soldier inserted into SCAR from the Empire’s Naval Special Operations structures.​

Castor E-196 Castor E-196 Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn Margo Liaeris Margo Liaeris Enigma Actual Enigma Actual

ilumpre.png

PRODIGAL SON
501st STORMTROOPER LEGION | ENIGMA PLATOON
SUPPORTING | IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn | Castor E-196 Castor E-196 | Margo Liaeris Margo Liaeris

W97n1D7.png
It ultimately didn't matter the details of the mission to Kriegan. It was work to be done, reps under his belt as a leader, a commander. While he knew from the onset that Ilum would be a far cry from a battle worth mentioning- it was work the Empire deemed needed to be done- whether he could see the tangible or intangible gain from the operation or not.

Keep it simple, keep it small.

"There's always more than meets the eye, Sergeant Liaeris. But luckily for us, its hardly our problem. Though of course- always the mission variables to consider. The Empire's always had a vested interest in Ilum, my...Imperator Tavlar made it clear he wished for it under the Iron Sun, as did Emperor Fel. Its only fitting we've carried on those ambitions." Kriegan remarked as he leaned back in his seat.

"Even if they don't react immediately, the Alliance will find out we were here regardless...but they can hate us and see if we care. They know well when it comes to the shattering point- the Alliance will break before Iron ever does." Tavlar remarked, seemingly ideologically tied to the Empire as much as he was in service.

"Regardless...all goes well, this should be an easy day. Certainly light work for SCAR I'd reckon." Kriegan remarked in an attempt to endear himself to the special operators.

ilumpre.png

R E A P E R
THE EMPIRE
EN ROUTE | ILUM
TAG: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Enigma Actual Enigma Actual | Margo Liaeris Margo Liaeris | Castor E-196 Castor E-196
GEAR: Bish, use your imagination
irondiv.png

banner7.png

MADNESS

If she could deck Hal without a court martial, she would.

"You'd miss my arse dearly if you didn't save it." Deadpan. Throw a joke his way and hope word doesn't reach him that she didn't kill a Jedi kid in that defence complex even when she could have. Bury that moment of hesitation deep and far.

Liaeris confirmed her own worry about the op. Despite having been in enough engagements, this op just felt off. It was good someone sharing those doubts. It didn't change much about the situation, but at least they won't be blind when shit struck the fan. It was strange how the two women had finally settled around one another without a single word. A drink shared should be in the cards down the line for sure.

But then the Tavlar welp spoke.
"Regardless...all goes well, this should be an easy day. Certainly light work for SCAR I'd reckon."
Lily's smile didn't reach her eyes.
"Indeed...though I would compensate for contingencies if I were you, Sir. Things don't always go according to plan." You might have the rank and blood, lad, but rank won't stop them Force Users. Just ask your father.

A young Private's face swam in front of her face. The young man that had valiantly dashed in to tackle a Jedi and had lost his life in the process. She was with Corporal Norman when the body and tiding was delivered back to his widow. First the Sith, now the Jedi. How many more would lose their lives?
"This damn state of war better not last ten years." she ended up blurting. She didn't feel up to doing notifications every other week and have her father's ghost hound her every step.

She needed a drink - a strong one.

Castor E-196

Imperial Naval Special Forces

Master Sergeant Castor E-196
Imperial Navy Special Forces Command; Attached to SCAR

Objective: Clear Tunnel Section E
Allies: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Enigma Actual Enigma Actual Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn Margo Liaeris Margo Liaeris

And if anything — you won’t be relying on the Navy at all. Last I heard they were too frightened by a big gun on New Alderaan to keep our heads safe.
Castor shrugged at the pointed jab.

"I was in the belly of that big gun myself. Took a solid crack at it, but something tells me a planet-scale battle has more factors than one gun. Can't expect the ships to do all the heavy lifting, now can we? Else what good is SCAR?" Castor returned the smile, cool as ice.

Last edited:

swl34_preview1.jpg

STALKER
irondiv.png

Objective: A Cold Threat...
Tags: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken | Enigma Actual Enigma Actual | Castor E-196 Castor E-196 | Kelinna Tryn Kelinna Tryn

Margo had taken a risk in voicing her misgivings, and it was reassuring to know that others shared her thoughts, at least in part. The shinies accompanying them were another story, and Margo raised an eyebrow at Kriegan’s minor slip of the tongue. ‘My Imperator Tavlar eh?’ she thought to herself. What, was he some sort of zealot or something?

Margo was an Imperial girl through and through to be sure, but even she had her limits. Even as he shamelessly began flattering the special operations troopers before him, it was clear that she was having none of it as she noticeably rolled her eyes. “Right...”

Despite the slight level of bemusement in her voice, her mood soon shifted to a semblance of her former self as she turned back to Lily and Vaiken. “Whatever the case, I know one thing’s for certain. Sarge is buying after this op, and I get pretty thirsty dealing with this amount of bantha shat.”

Her boot reached out and nudged the tip of Sarge’s ever so slightly, a slight chuckle escaping her lips. Although it was no secret that Margo’s default setting was on the flirtatious side, no such indications were obvious in the brief exchange. In the beginning, there were a few stray thoughts to that effect, but she was too focused on becoming a part of the team back then to really care about it. Now, she had gotten to know her team well enough to know that there was... something underlying between both Hal and Lily, and she wasn’t the type of girl to play with the emotions of another woman who could easily drill a hole through her forehead 200 meters away.

Despite the fire in Reaper’s eyes and the bite in her words on the best of days, there was no denying the chemistry between them. Besides, Margo had come to view Hal far differently than the mindless brutes she had trained with back in basic. He reminded her of her brother - from his strength and self assuredness, to the dry sense of humor that drew others in. Plus, it was messy to get involved with one’s senior officer. If Lily wanted to do that, she was more than welcome to it.

If she’d ever make her move.

But that was a subject for another time, to be explored only after many more drinks and ‘life and death’ scenarios in which Lily’s barriers around Margo could wane enough to chat about such things.

Instead, Margo decided to pass the time by making at least a superficial show of getting to know the others with them. She nodded at the trooper named Kriegan, and said: “What’s your name again anyway? Cry again?”

X5Yx2PB.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom