Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SC-2a Darkclad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni

T6P9Jyw.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To submit the primary all-purpose armor of the Shades of Stygan
  • Image Source: X
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: High
    • Kinetic: Very High
    • Lightsabers: Low
    • EMP/ION: High
    • Sonic: Low
    • Elemental (Weather): Average
    • Elemental (Atmosphere): High
    • Elemental (Landscape): Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • All-Purpose Combat: While it lacks in-depth advantages most members of the Shades are used to, the Darkclad is tried and true in combat. The benefits of its features, such as the Autodoc Monitoring Network, often allow members of the Shades to break their traditions of avoiding front-line combat should the situation call for it.
  • Protective Strengths: In most combat situations, the Darkclad boasts ample protection from physical and even elemental damages, offering a secure baseline armor set for the soldiers encased in its metallic carapace. The Darkclad's thick, layered metal plating provides very nice protection against kinetic damages, in particular, and those who wear it have found themselves undamaged by shrapnel even from nearly direct explosions.
WEAKNESSES
  • Damage Vulnerabilities: As with most armors in the galaxy, the Darkclad is vulnerable to the universally dangerous Lightsabers and most forms of Sonic weaponry despite its otherwise favorable physical defenses.
  • Lack of True Advantages: Due to its lack of special advantages for the members of the Shades, the Darkclad is seen as the most undesirable of the armor sets available. Thus, it goes on as the most underused set, worn only by recruits and truly deranged members who feel the need for the challenge presented to them.
DESCRIPTION
With the creation of the Shades of Stygan during the onset of the Warlords of the Sith's crusade upon Malachor V, Kascalion required an initial armor set for these elite warriors that could serve them dutifully until later models could be created - of which three more have been. Utilizing a basic, rushed construction out of duraplast and durasteel layered over a leather underarmor and a mesh underlay, the Devil found that the Darkclad was much too simplistic for the elite soldiers under his command. This, coupled with similar sentiments from the Shades themselves, saw the Darkclad become the go-to armor set for recruits and veterans who enjoy a challenge. However, to this day, it still serves its purpose and many who still wear it have found a sense of pride in their lack of overpowering advantages and success based on skill alone.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield

Hello! I'll be your judge today. Interesting armour, I fond of it, however I have some remarks:
  • First the values of the armour are unbalanced, quite underpowered (-4). If you think so, you can fix it. Do not have to; if you want, you can leave it that way.
    However, if you could fix it:
    • You can find the Technology Spreadsheet here. For it to work, copy it to your own drive and then you can use it.
  • Second, you use three high resistance value, you need to add them to the Strenghts, due the template said the "Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration".

That's all, if you fixed it, please let me know!

The Devil | Kavar Lok Kas'Oni
MANIAC MANIAC Hello! Thank you for pointing out it was underbalanced. I am not sure of the balancing numbers so went with what I thought was pretty baseline for the armor, but I think I made it a bit better now. Also added the strength as well. Thank you for letting me know and I hope it is all good now.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Kascalion Giedfield Kascalion Giedfield

Update on this? I have to move the thread to the Archive soon according to the Factory policy. I can give you afew more days if you need them, until Tuesday (2021.04.06), to to make the necessary edits or indicate that you are asking for a few extra days for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom