Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving the Common Man

Orrico nearly held up a middle finger at the light shining through the window. He didn't. But he almost did. He pushed back from the controls. "Captain, Take the controls. They send us a hail, put them through to me." He pointed out the window at the shuttle floating past, and the Death Troopers latched to the side. "I may be out of the game for a while, but I know a Death Trooper when I see one. And they don't send those Karkers out unless they know it's about to hit the fan." He began pulling on his armored coat, plucking it from its perch on the navigator's seat. "Whatever your plan is, Captain, it'd better work under fire. These people are gonna be watching your every move just looking for a reason to take you in. Not to mention the fact we got one of em sitting down in the cargo hold. Someone had to squeal about this whole operation, and he's the only one that hasn't given me a straight answer since he got on this ship."

He didn't know it for sure, all just assumptions and guesswork, but he still didn't trust this "Xavier" person. So, till proven otherwise, he was making the assumption that was keeping him alive the longest. He turned and left the bridge, stepping down to the cargo bay. He shot [member="Luther Ando"] a dirty look as he walked past towards his bunk. Orrico wouldn't say this to the rest of the crew, but he didn't see a way out of this one. If [member="Loreena Arenais"] wanted to follow through with this mission, he'd do it. But at best she was looking at a long stint as a political prisoner of the First Order, as well as a new pilot once he was formally retired from the security bureau. He grabbed his pistols and his bandoleer from his bunk and strapped them on. He wasn't gonna fight, not unless they shot first. But he was gonna let these karkers know that they weren't the only ones willing to make thinly veiled threats...

@Dayia [member="Gray Venasir"]

Allies: [member="The Major"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"]
Probable Enemies Of The State: [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]
Objective: Assert Dominance

Music: I'm Coming, Sam & Dave (x)

"Whatever you say," Dominic casually dismissed, "Freak." He added as a mutter under his breath. He'd worked with Death Troopers before, on Dagobah, and in the Tingel Arm. Galactic Empire issue, sure, but they were somewhat more compliant and quiet than the braggarts whom the First Order had cultivated. The Agent took a sharp breathe of air as the Death Trooper exited into the void. As soon as she was gone, the lander docked with the mysterious craft, and unsealed the airlock and into the docking ramp. "Alright boys, lets move."

The stormtroopers stormed out, and began taking point, securing corners, and generally looking around. Craig strode through after them, and listened as Command patched through a new signal, reiterating the shoot second policy, and adding there were to be prisoners. "Roger that command." Craig informed his superiors as he entered the cargo bay, passing through, "Alright," he gestured to a squad of stormtroopers, "Start running through inventory, and make sure you check everything." he paused and approached a crate, cleaving a crowbar from its top, and threw it to one of the soldiers, "Pry away the panelling." He added, it was an tried and true smugglers trick, "Make sure there aren't any compartments they don't want us looking through."

Dominic's attention turned to the rest, "Follow me, and stay sharp, we could run into an ambush." Pressing forward, he cupped his hands across his mouth, and began, "Listen up assholes, I'm only going to say this once!" He barked, his voice echoing throughout the ship. "This here Shabbucket, for the duration of my stay aboard it, is mine!" He asserted, "And as such, I demand that each and every one of you crew, passengers or otherwise, make yourselves known, or I will have your arses launched out the airlock!"

"Have I made myself abundantly clear?!" He bellowed, before pausing, "You have twenty seconds, starting now."

Lori quietly made her way back to the pilot's chair after [member="Orrico Wayke"] had tolder her to take the controls. Her movements were slow, much like those of a kid in trouble. This whole mission had been a shambles since before they even left Commenor. And now? Now there was the very real threat that they could all be put in prison for a long time, or even killed. And it would be all her fault. Was she even fit to be a Captain? Or was her inexperience just too much? To her it was beginning to become apparent that she'd be unable to pay off her debt to [member="Kaine Australis"] . And she'd just lose it all.

"Be careful...."

Her eyes soon looked to [member="Zarha DT-313"] as the Death Trooper stared them down from the otherside of the transparasteel barrier between them. Slowly Lori placed the headset on her head, and then with equally slow movements, she cut the engines so that the Jaster's Sparrow merely drifted in space.

Had one of their crew REALLY been a spy? More than likely Orrico was referring to [member="Luther Ando"]s . No one had really gotten a chance to know eachother yet and Xavier was the only one that she didn't interview beforehand. So it had to be.

As the young man yelped during his fall down the stairs, Lori took it as a sign that the boarders had arrived.

The voice of [member="Dominic Craig"] was soon echoing through the ship, confirming her suspicions. Lori let out a sigh, turning to [member="Daiya"] , Tawroo and [member="Gray Venasir"] . "You guys should go downstairs too. Don't get them mad. We have no items to hide, nothing that's illegal. Just let that bellowing jerkface know that I'm up here to ensure that we don't crash into anything. Okay?"

At least there was only Commenori brandy, fabrics, chrysopaz gemstones and food on board. Outside of everyone's personal belongings, that is. Nothing that she would think would be illegal for the First Order at any rate.

Unless of course Xavier really was a spy and had planted something on board to ensure their siezure. Right now anything was possible.

[member="The Major"]

This was the reason Gray had stayed away from the First Order for most of his life. Things did not look good, and it showed on the faces of the others that they thought the same. The only one that didn't seem too afflicted by the situation was @Daiya. But it might just have been how she reacted in tense situations.

Then [member="Orrico Wayke"] accused Xavier once more. Gray didn't like it, but some of what he said could make sense. "I'll keep watch over him, Wayke, okay?" Xavier hadn't shown anything particular that made him seem like a traitor. The only thing that could be considered suspicous was the scream he stopped when he woke up. It was not enough evidence to Call him a traitor, but it could be something. Or it could be Gray's paranios kicking in.

Then came the boarders, heard by the voice of [member="Dominic Craig"]. "Yeah, we'll go Down. Come on" As they walked towards the stairs, he looked Down on Daiya and said in a low voice "And Daiya, no shooting. At least not before me. And I'll do the talking, okay"

As they got Down, Gray could see Luther sitting in his seat. He eyed him suspicously for a moment, before turning his attention towards the man shouting orders. "Good day, sir. Or rather morning, isn't it?" Gray walked over to the man. "There is no need to use the airlock. I'm Gray" He proceeded to put his elbow on the shoulder of the man, then he pointed at the others. "That is Daiya, Tawrro and..." He looked around, andcouldn't see Wayke. Then he pointed at the sitting man. "Xavier. The captain is upstairs. I see you're familiar With smuggler tricks, eh? Well, I will not stop you, but I can asure you that we have not hidden anything. But I have to say, you're doing a good job, my friend. Your leaders should really give you a promotion." Gray stood for a moment, thinking, before begining again. "Oh, where are my maners. Would you like something to drink? Water, a coffee… Maybe something stronger?"

The reason Gray acted like this, was an old 'smuggler' strategy. One would try to easen up the person of authority, so they would og easier on them. Or make it seem like Gray was somewhat wierd. It worked far from every time, but it was Worth a try.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"]

Allies: [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"]
Probable Enemies: [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"]
Objective: Get Answers
Music: Sympathy for the Devil, Rolling Stones (x)

They were an insolent group. He'd give them back, and seemingly insufferable to boot. Special Agent Craig watched them file toward him, and upon the approach of the wookie, gestured to his men, "Two men on him at all times." He quietly ordered. Two stormtroopers, armed with heavier weapons acquiesced, and aimed their weapons at the wookie. Craig was about to ask who would do the talking, when a man, with a distinctive scar on his face took the lead. Dominic eyed the man cautiously, and began to visibly smile at him. While he began to list of names, the FOSB agent nodded, and took mental note, all the while lighting another cigar. Taking long drags, he waited until his rambling was over. It was an admirable play, one Dominic had tried back when he'd been caught by the First Order himself.

"I appreciate the glad-handing Mister Gray." Dominic offered, with a smirk, "But you're a rookie, me and my folks used to pull that sort of smile and wave bantha poodoo when we did the Kessel Run as a kid." He took another drag, and approached, "But given you're all here, commanding officer aside," The Agent began, pacing before the group, he gestured to the stairs, "Get a guy on him, make sure the captain doesn't try anything." He barked, breaking out of conversation with this motley crew, "I'll begin right here, and right now." He stopped right before Orrico, and slid the cigar in his mouth, a look of recognition seemingly having come across his face. Dominic for a moment lost his cool, callous demeanour, as he tired to pin Wayke somewhere. Still, that was besides the point, he blew out a cloud of smoke, deliberately in Wayke's face. "I don't buy the shab you're peddling." Craig announced, after a beat of silence.

"I don't understand destined for diplomatic service would look as bad as it is," He then gestured to the crew, and Xavier, whom he thought looked particularly shabby, "You don't dress like diplomats, and you certainly don't look like them." His eyes turned to the wookie, "To me, you look like some kind of smugglers," He would allow his reasoning to be heard aloud, "Or pirates, or someone, who wants on Dosuun for some reason that is not particularly above board." He then chuckled. "So, while my men tear your fine ship apart, I'm going to be conducting some interviews." He then paused, and turned to one of the stormtroopers on guard, "Get me a crate." The trooper crisply saluted and then pressed forward, "Interviews." He began, seemingly again at will, "Where if I find out you're lying to me, I will make sure, that you don't leave a First Order penitentiary for the next three decades." He then cackled, and watched as a trooper dragged a crate toward him, "Please drop your weapons in here, and then we'll begin with....." His voice carried off into the distance, and his eyes narrowed as he looked at the group.

"With you." he pointed at Wayke, "You and me, over there." He commanded, pointing toward the crew quarter, "Come on, fast game is a good game."

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
He was feeling better. Much better actually, which was surprising considering he could barely walk a moment ago. The pain in his legs had eased and the throbbing in his head was reduced to a minor pulse. He watched impassively as the First Order entered the ship, and he placed his blaster on the floor to show that he was no threat.

The crew began the standard procedure, stripping away surfaces to find hidden panels, searching boxes. Luther wasn’t interested in them, but he was intrigued by the man leading them. Blonde, blue-eyed and only two-inches shorter than Luther, he had one of those faces that made you think you knew him. Or did Luther actually know him? The man could have very well been a part of the bureau; however Luther was having trouble recalling faces at the moment.

His spirit was lifted. The sight of the shiny white armour was a beacon of comfort, something familiar. But he knew he was not out of the woods yet. He had to consider the mission, to resist giving in to the prospect of safety. Who knows what might happen if he botched things up now?

He just needed to keep his mind off what was going on, at least until it was his time for an interview. He busied himself by running over the list of symptoms associated with missing his medicine, so he knew what to expect. He tried to remember what Kyli had said about the post-augmentation medication. ‘Muscle pain’ he thought. ‘Photosensitivity and…’

“Psychosis” Kyli whispered next to him.

Luther spun around but, of course, no one was there. He shivered and let out a nervous chuckle. He wasn’t that far, surely. His mind was just playing tricks on him. “Tsk. Tsk” Jan Ando said. He froze. “I raised you better than this, Luther”. He turned to find a squat old woman sitting to his left, her hands clutching a familiar red purse. “You’re looking well, Mother” Luther muttered, his blood turned to ice. Very well indeed, for someone who had been dead for years.

The apparition, whether a memory or delusion, stared at him with a critical eye. He had forgotten that look, a chastising gaze that made him feel like a kid again. “These are good people, boy. Far better than the ilk you normally associate with” She pulled a packet of mints from her bag, her favourite brand from a store that no longer exists. “They don’t deserve this, especially not the kid”. She had perfected that matter-of-fact tone long ago.

“I have to” Luther muttered, his words and thoughts blending together. “The Order is all I have, ever since you and Father…” “Hey!”

Luther head snapped up, his eyes staring straight into the blank mask of a stormtrooper. “Shut it, save it for the interview”. The man raised the butt of his weapon wardingly, but Luther raised his hands in acquiescence. The man grunted and walked off.

The blond man was confronting Orrico now, a thick cigar sticking out of his mouth. Luther looked to his left, finding nothing but an empty seat. His headache was returning, as was the pain in his legs, but that was preferable if it came with reality. He let out a shaky sigh and pinched his arm.

| [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Dominic Craig"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"] |

Zarha DT-313
Jaster's Sparrow Hull, Dosuun System
First Imperial Assets: [member="The Major"], [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Dominic Craig"]
Suspects: [member="Loreena Arenais"], [member="Gray Venasir"], [member="Orrico Wayke"], [member="Daiya"]

Zarha's eyes note the departure of man and arrival of a young woman who seems to anxiously slide a communication headset over head. Zarha's ears listen to the unpleasant bellowing and answered it with a silent smile, she thought the man and herself shared a certain ferocity in common, inappropriate to be certain but then again the young Death Trooper hadn't gotten this far in her life caring too much about what others thought about her atleast that's the ostensible appearance of things. The truth is much sadder with Zarha craving the attention and approval of those who held authority above her, for commendation and respect from such figures had been a rare thing all throughout Zarha's relatively short existence.

The Death Trooper DT-313 who now seemed to stare at Loreena through the transparisteel canopy remained silent although in truth Zarha's deep blue spheres studied the Sparrow's hull rather intrigued by the design along with its' weapons. "Security Bureau will want to track their movements I guess I'll be a good girl.....This time." Zarha remarks to herself releasing a mischief-filled chuckle before walking a few paces forward along the Sparrow's dorsal surface above and out of Loreena's sight. Digging around in one of the myriad black pouches, Zar with a gentle clasp wraps fingers around the singular edge of a sphere shaped device before planting a knee against the Sparrow's Durasteel plating before leaning down and securing the object against the 'diplomatic' craft.

Examining a electromagnetic-spectrum bandwidth display graphic within helmet Zarha's eyes examine the activity of that tracking device now secured in a firm position against hull. "Device active, let's see what stories this little birdie tell us." Sliding back visibly above the glass canopy, dragging the bottom of magnetically-sealed boots flush with the sprarrow, Zarha arrives at her previous position with a certain smugness concealed beneath the Darksabre Powered Assault Armour within which she stands entombed. 'When are we going to exfil our asset?' Zarha wondered in an uncharacteristic total silence, not even moving her lips and tongue to pronounce those words. One of the Death Trooper's many qualities is an insolence and while looking at Loreena it took a great deal of active resistance on her part not to contact Dominic and demand he 'hurry up' with the 'Interview' she could hear the Stormtroopers talking about over their TEAMCOMM.

No fighting? No shooting?

Wasn't this crew going to defend themselves? The government was muscling in on their property, you were supposed to grab your blaster and fend them off. This was a private ship owned by a private citizen, not a public lawn that everyone could go traipsing over. Daiya stared at Lori, and then Gray in turn, amazed by the sheer apathy they displayed against the impending invasion. What she wouldn't have liked to whip out her holdout blaster and march downstairs to—

Which is what she had been doing when her left arm held her back, clasped in the grip of Tawrro's strong fingers. It held her holdout blaster, she had taken it out of her pocket at some point, and his other hand was deftly prying it from her fingers. Daiya didn't even have time to protest, all she could do was watch as the hulking Wookiee handled the blaster, looking like a toy in his massive hands, and put it down on the console behind him.

"Tawrro, I was—" A sharp bark from his mouth silenced her, and the girl turned back towards the rest of the ship, away from him. When he started downstairs with the rest, she found herself walking along, pulled gently by Tawrro's firm grip. When she planted her feet and tried to resist, he simply turned around, walked behind her and planted his furry hands on her shoulders to steer her from behind. At least that allowed the girl to fold her arms in front of her in protest.

Downstairs, the militant First Order cop was as sharp in his actions as he had been in words, and pretty quickly two trooper jackboots had their weapons aimed on Tawrro. "Hey! What the feth do you think you're —ow!" she shouted, turning to a cry as the hands on her shoulders squeezed painfully. She glared up into her guardian's eyes, trying to read there what he was trying to tell her. Even if no one else was going to mount a defense, she was going to. Why didn't he care enough to act?

Meanwhile, Gray and the schmier were talking. And then he turned to address the rest of the crew, and the bile coming out of his mouth was so disgusting that it made Daiya want to take a shower. Smugglers? Pirates? How dare he bandy about such profane terms in accusation? He had the audacity to accuse a princess of running that kind of crew on her ship? Who did he think he was? Clearly nobody good, Daiya thought as she stared at the back of the man's head, his attention on Orrico now. She hoped the pilot would give the First Order thug what he deserved once they were alone, a swift kick in the nether regions.

Or something equally painful, she wasn't picky.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Dominic Craig"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"]​

Orrico had stepped out of the crew quarters, arms folded over his chest. He looked Dominic square in the face as the man lit a Cigar and prattled on about interviews and the like. Orrico was well familiar with this. He didn't move as Dominic moved closer to the crew quarters, and subsequently, him. As the man drew closer and pointed towards the crew quarters, Orrico moved. Quick, precise, planned. The back of Orrico's hand impacted Dominic's face hard enough to fling the Cigar across the cargo hold. The raw impact was audible through the cargo hold, and probably elsewhere in the ship.

"YOU IDIOT!"

That one was audible. And whatever blaster hadn't been trained on him from the start, it probably was now. "What part of 'Vintage-heart' did you not understand!?" Orrico pressed the advantage, keeping Dominic between him and the stormtroopers behind him, so they didn't have a clear shot. "Or did you dumb bastards not even read my message? We're trying to keep a low profile here before you blow our cover." Orrico stepped back, drawing his blaster and aiming it at Dominic's head. "Should have known you bastards would abandon me. Leave me to die. Well I got news for you." He held up a data chit. "I got five more of these hidden around the galaxy. Only I know where they are. You kill me, they dump every detail I've ever known. Safehouses, contacts, spies, you name it. You kill anyone in my crew, same outcome. Now. You're gonna get the hell off my ship, and turn a blind eye like my clearance code told you to, or you're gonna be responsible for the biggest First Order security leak of all time."

There was a gleam in his eye as his mouth curled into a smirk. Was he bluffing? Sure didn't look like it. It was anyone's guess what was on those datachips. If anything at all. Question was now, was someone willing to take the risk?

@Daiya @Gray Venasir [member="Loreena Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom