Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving the Common Man

Ex-Solider | Ex-Spy | Doctor
Luther grinned as Daiya took umbrage at Gray’s use of ‘young’, but the smile felt forced. Luther listened to Gray’s explanation of their true mission, and when he had finished, Luther opened his mouth to speak: “I can’t say-”

*CRASH*

He looked up startled, to find Daiya staring at the broken shards of her cup. The hot chocolate was spilled all over the floor, a brown lake slowly spreading in all directions. Daiya looked up wildly, glancing first at Luther then to the others. Moisture welled in her eyes and she struggled to undo her restraints.

“Hey, it’s okay-” Luther started, but the girl was already out of the room. Luther moved to follow but Tawrro, already out of his seat, gave a warning growl. The wookie moved off, presumably to find Daiya. Luther looked over at Gray in confusion, before shrugging. “Perhaps the battle on Commenor weighs heavily on her” Luther suggested. “To go on a rescue mission with so little time to mourn for the lost, that’s enough to break most people”. His faux sympathy left a bitter taste in his mouth. He knew these were good people, but his mind was already starting to see them as the enemy. His inner self was waging war with his training, his duty. Why on earth did they have to be messing with First Order? Didn’t they know how suicidal that was?

He unstrapped his restraints, pushing the thoughts to the back of his mind. He scooped up the pieces of the cup, thankful that it had broken into large fragments only. He breathed in and out slowly, re-entering a state of calm. He grabbed the cleaning equipment and, as he mopped, he calmly planned out what he would do next. He was horribly outnumbered, and much would rely on when they reached First Order space. For now, he would play along, and wait for the perfect opportunity.

He moved back into the seat, strapping himself back in. He glanced at his drink, feeling queasy. He didn’t think he could drink anything with the butterflies that were flying around his stomach. “Don’t tell the Captain this” Luther said to Gray. “But I’m not overly fond of her Caf. I’m going to try and get some shut-eye before we arrive”. He closed his eyes and settled back into the seat.

| [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] |

Hours later they were in. Lori felt a little rush of adrenalin as soon as she saw her Nav-Computer point out that they were in First Order space. No doubt their movements would soon be followed by Imperial warships. Hopefully their Commenori tags would be enough to see them through.

More time had passed before they were near enough to Dosuun that they'd be dropping out of hyperspace soon. What the rest of the crew were doing during this trip was anyone's guess. Lori only knew that [member="Orrico Wayke"] was sleeping. Perhaps the others were too. It had seemed awfully quiet down there. But then again, she also had her music going.

That was all finished with though. Lori sat up in her chair and then activated the ship's comms. ~Rise and shine everyone.
This is your Captain speaking. We're nearing Dosuun now and shall be exiting hyperspace momentarily. Please make sure all of your food trays and drinks are secure. Local weather looks to be...pleasant, all dry and sunny. Once we are cleared to break the atmosphere, we'll be heading to the Commenori Embassy. Local time there is currently...0700 hours. Everyone make sure to have your ID cards and thank you for flying with us!~
A familiar snicker was heard over the comms before she shut them off.

Watching the Nav-Computer, Lori waited till the last possible moment before she dropped them out of hyperspace. The lines of lights soon transitioned into the pinpricks of stars.

Now it was all a matter of whether or not their cover story would pass. The less of her crew that knew of her mission, the better.

[member="Daiya"] [member="Luther Ando"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

Orrico stepped onto the bridge of the ship mere moments after the broadcast had concluded. He was pulling his coat on, and adjusting the datapad sitting on his left sleeve. He stood by the empty pilot seat as he fiddled with his coat, before finally sitting down and pulling his headset on. He looked far too alert for having just been woken up. Chances were he'd already been awake when Lori had made the broadcast. "Now lil' lady, if this goes to sideways you let me do the talkin, y'hear?"

He glanced over at her for a moment, before turning his attention back towards the viewport. "Been a long time since I was here last. Doesn't look like she's changed much."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Luther Ando"] [member="Daiya"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

Apparantly, Gray had also fallen asleep in his seat. He was woken by the voice of Lori on the com, telling them they'd arrived on Dosuun. She spoke the way the droids on travel ships did, tellign them the time, and saying she thanking them for flying With this ship. Gray gave a little laugh, before strapping himself in the seat, preparing for landing.

While sitting there, he wondered how this would go Down. But regardless of how, he made sure his blasters were ready in case it was needed. What he thought was a bit curious was that the captain hadn't told them much about the mission. How would they then be able to execute it, as a crew? But he'd just have to trust that the captain knew what she was doing, even though she was Young. He checked his blasters one last time, making sure they had enough amunition. He hoped it wouldn't be any complications, but at least he wouldn't let himself be caught off guard. Now he sat, waiting for the ship to land.

[member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Daiya"]

Right on time. [member="Orrico Wayke"] was quick to get back to the bridge when she needed him. Lori gave him a little nod and a small smile before turning her head away to stifle a yawn. He may have gotten some sleep, but she didn't. Even though she could have dozed off, she just didn't dare to do so.

"Yeah. I'll try not to raise any alarms. We are just dropping off some brandy and supplies to our Embassy afterall." That was the cover story in any case. What she didn't add was that they were rescuing their diplomats from there as well. It wasn't safe for them until normal relations ensued between the two governments. At least that was her understanding of it.

In truth Lori's parents didn't know what she was up to. She had planned this mission on her own after overhearing her parents talk about it. Her Dad would have done it, wouldn't he? And with her mostly adult crew, she wasn't quite going into something that was too crazy. They'd of told her if she was, right?

At least she'd get to learn more about the First Order way of doing things, at any rate.

"Do you think they'd remember you?" Lori shifted her thoughts to that of Orrico. He used to work for the First Order a long time ago. That fact could either help them or deter them from completing this mission.

[member="Daiya"] [member="Luther Ando"] [member="Gray Venasir"]

Lori's bed was one far more comfortable than she'd ever slept in. It took a few times between opening her eyes, and rolling back over to sleep again, before the girl realized where she was. It came back to her slowly, the room, the ship, the crew. The vision. The rawness of the emotions had faded now, scabbing over like a day-old wound. She sat up, spying Tawrro seated in the corner of the room, alert and keeping watch over her, as was customary for him.

Even in the midst of change, he was always a constant.

For as much as Daiya argued with the Wookiee, he was her rock, grounding her in reality. He taught her, he comforted her, he protected her. Sometimes too much. Still, the girl would rather have an overprotective friend in Tawrro than embrace the vulnerability of being alone in the galaxy. Even a princess like Lori, who was just several years older than Daiya, had a crew behind her. A crew that Daiya was now a part of. A crew that, with their captain's announcement of arrival in First Order space, it was now time to rejoin.

"Yeah, much better," she said to the Wookiee's question as she swung her feet toward the edge of the bed. She had to scoot a few times to reach it, Daiya was used to sleeping on narrow cots and bunks, not this sea of a mattress. Her boots were on the floor, deftly removed by Tawrro, whose hulking Wookiee presence belied the grace and dexterity he could exhibit. Why no one in the galaxy chose to befriend more Wookiees was beyond her.

"But there's something off about that Xavier guy," the girl remarked as she pulled the boots onto her feet. Tawrro spoke, and she looked up at him with a furrowed brow. "Well, you saw the drawing, so you saw what I saw." Nevermind her marginal artistic abilities. "He's gonna get hurt, and it's gonna happen on this mission. And then he says Lori's name? What's up with that?"

The Wookiee didn't seem to have an answer for that. Neither did she.

Once her boots were on her feet, Daiya crossed the top deck of the ship, entering the cockpit with her shadow large and hairy behind her. The stars beyond the cockpit viewport were twinkling softly, and the girl felt the urge to yawn. She dropped into one of the seats behind the pilot's station, one leg tucked underneath her, glancing at the buttons on the console labeled with terms related to communications and electronic countermeasures. They meant little to her, so she ignored them, turning her attention instead to Lori and Orrico, who were seated up front.

"So," the girl asked, having caught the tail end of the pair's conversation, "This is just a milk run? Or, I guess, brandy run? Did the embassy run out just before cocktail hour or something?"

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Gray Venasir"]​

Orrico was quiet for a moment. A long moment. He glanced behind him as Daiya and the Wookiee entered the bridge. "Listen...Not...wild about saying this in front of the kid, but...It has to be said." He turned to look at [member="Loreena Arenais"] as he said this. "I wasn't just a pilot. I was First Order intelligence. Foreign agent, posted with one of their expedition forces. It was my job to keep an eye on both the destroyer I was aboard, and the galaxy as a whole. And there's three rules that the First Order followed then, and I'm fairly certain they haven't changed."

He held up an index finger. "Nobody works for Intelligence," He held up a second finger, "Intelligence doesn't exist," a third, "And no one retires from intelligence." He fell silent for a moment, letting that sink in. "I've done well to keep my tracks covered, but if one of them get a lead on me...I'm in deep, and I'm likely to drag each of you with me. As such...I'd intended to stay on the ship. Keep out of sight."

@Daiya [member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Luther Ando"]

Lori looked over as [member="Orrico Wayke"] did, spotting [member="Daiya"] and Tawrro in behind them. As she was about to answer the younger girl's question, Orrico spoke first to which she gave him her complete attention.

Her brows furrowed as he stressed out the three rules. They weren't good ones either, but they probably weren't meant to be. Once you're in, you can never get out again.

Lori swallowed. "Maybe if they find you, you could tell them that your mission was to keep an eye on me? And that the rest is above their pay grade, so you can't say anything else? That could work, couldn't it?" There could be some advantage here in regards to her letting her identity be known. But there could be a lot of disadvantages to that too. Right now she was trying to weigh out the pros and cons.

"We gotta finish our mission though. We gotta get to our Embassy. I don't want to end up failing..." She didn't want to fail her crew, nor her parents. She didn't want to be known among her family to be the one that could never get anything right. That'd be awful.

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Luther Ando"]

First, love.
Harsh, cold, strict love.

Upon their entry to the system it took all of an effective range of 12 seconds before the initial burst of security demands took place. Typically, all flights into and out of the capital world of the First Order were arranged and cleared prior to any vessel even lifting from their dock, nevermind blasting into the system without a preregistered flight plan. Luckily, those inbound were fortunate enough to arrive in something other than a warship, which would have been a most effective suicide.

Lines of broadcasted code bombarded the vessel in every form of communication. Not one asked for clearances or identifications. Dosuun was too important to the Order for confuddled half measures. Nay, the messages repeated ceaselessly until compliance was met.

!STOP!
::Halt. Do not move.::

Cold computers and dispassionate A.Is demanded for a complete stoppage of the travelling vessel. At the same time, sensors and remote hacking stations started their attempt to violate any and all databases upon the ship. Welcome to Dosuun, indeed. Levels of encryption and the group's level of cyberwarfare defenses would of course arouse further suspicion if they were anything above nil. Meanwhile, a comm channel opened and silently waited for the vessel to identify itself.

Now the group were under the microscope and tested, pitched to think quickly. How would they react?

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Daiya"]

Objective: Get ready for the greeting party
Allies: [member="The Major"] | [member="Luther Ando"]
Possible Enemies of the State: [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | @Daiya @Gray Venasir
Music: Folsom Prison | The Man In Black (x)

Alarm klaxons rung throughout the Gorgon as the rogue vessel entered Dosuun's space. The Imperial capitol was the gem of the First Order's crown. Metropolitan centre of its gargantuan military and political bureaucracy. And as such, the security presence around the system, since the unfortunate Ssi-Ruuk siege, had been magnified. The system received extensive military support. And as such, when the new vessel was picked up, its crew sprung to action.

"Hear that?" Dominic asked aloud to the stormtrooper squad, as he took another drag from his cigar. "That right there, is show time." The FOSB officer slid the cigar back between his teeth. This assignment had been boring. Special Agent Craig missed the rough and tumble of the Galactic Alliance War, of espionage in the Core. For the last year, he'd been performing routine interrogation and boarding procedure with troopers. The ordinary grunts he, like many of his agent colleagues, had been apart of.

As Dominic entered the greater hangar, he checked his equipment. Uniform, spotless. Pistol, check. Comms unit, set. Looking at his men, the officer nodded, and reached for his cap which sat atop a nearby crate of thermal detonators. He reached, and slid it atop of his head. Fixing it to sit still. "Alright ladies, get a move on." The stormtrooper unit scattered, and moved to their Atmospheric Assault Landers, the choice of ship used by the navy to conduct boardings. Craig strode in after them, beneath the oppressive howl of launching TIE fighters. "Gents, once we get launch clearance, I want weapons ready." He then dropped his cigarette, snuffing it out, "No half measures."

He slept fitfully; half dreaming, half remembering. He dreamed that he was running through Dagobah again, the artillery shells exploding around him. Only this time his team didn’t make it safety. The sky turned blood red and the stench of burning bodies filled the air. Kyli and Twigg are mown down by Galactic Alliance soldiers; just as the ground underneath him collapses. He falls into the mire and the mud seems to suck him in, holding him in place. He looks up as Rexus approaches, wearing his signature black armour, though he was not yet a Deathtrooper. The man smiles, reaching down to pull Luther out of the muck. The figure of a Jedi crawls out of the mud behind him and, with a flash of his lightsaber, separates the man’s head from his body. “Up and at them, Luther” Rexus says as his disembodied head flies through the air, still smiling. Now the Jedi was approaching Luther, his blade raised. “No half measures” Rexus mutters as the blade plunges towards Luther’s chest.

- - - - -

Luther woke up with a start, a scream caught in his throat. Let out a groan as pain flooded his system, his muscles cramping unnaturally. How appropriate that he’d dreamed of the Alpha squad, and of death. ‘I need my meds’ he thought, instinctively reaching for the pack he kept on his right thigh, a pack that wasn't there. It was then he remembered where he was, and why he wasn’t wearing his uniform.

He rose from his seat, grunting. He caught the end of Loreena’s announcement that they reached their destination. He steadied his breathing and forced his face to be still. This was a critical moment, he needed to be professional and reveal no weakness. “Bad cramps” he said to Gray, a faint smile on his face. “That’ll teach me to sleep in my seat”. He stretched, mostly for show. Nothing short of specialized medication would ease the pain in his limbs.

He sat back in his seat, strapping himself in to prepare for landing. ‘If we land at all’ he thought. In all likelihood, they had been detected as soon as they entered First Order space and an inspection vessel was already on the way. Landing on Dosuun was difficult enough for a First Order ship, let alone a foreigner.

It troubled him what would come next, and what he needed to do. His first thought was to reveal his identity to the Order, and have the crew arrested. But that wouldn’t do, he only knew a fragment of the true plan and that wasn’t enough evidence. No, he had to catch them in the act. His first priority should be contacting the First Order without alerting the crew.

His head pounded, marking the start of what was to be a severe headache.

| [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] |[member="The Major"] | [member="Dominic Craig"] |

"Oh crap..."

The words 'Stop! Halt. Do not move.' flashed across every screen in the cockpit. No doubt it was viewed elsewhere on the ship as well. The AI systems that hacked into her ship's databases and logs wouldn't find a whole lot. But that wasn't so much due to anything being hidden; and yes, there was some encryption to bypass; but it was moreso due to the fact that the ship was less than a year old and hadn't travelled too much. Logs indicated most of it's courses taking it in and out of Mandalorian space and of course, hanging around Commenor. It would also be noted of which company manufactured the ship and who financed it.

Lori looked to [member="Orrico Wayke"] , [member="Daiya"] and Tawrro after she brought the ship to a halt. Dosuun lay there in front of them, the planet snd the Embassy in such close reach. But it wasn't close enough just yet. "Don't worry. We'll play it cool. We're not their enemies and if they search us now, they won't find anything but our belongings and booze. We'll be fine." It was when they were ready to leave First Order space that she needed to worry about. And if what Orrico said was true about what could happen if they recognized him, well....that could be a problem too.

She cleared her throat. "I'll talk to them...You never know, they could go easy on us given that some of us are just kids...right?" Lori was also the Captain. This ship and her crew were her responsibilty. Yet she couldn't help but feel a little nervous. But at best they'd be told to turn around and go home. At worst, they'd all be in prison and she'd have to get her parents to try to bail them out. Neither [member="Veiere Arenais"] or [member="Lady Kay"] knew that she was even there.

Lori flicked the switch to the comms to the open channel that awaited them and tried to sound as professional as she could. ~This is Captain Lori of the Jaster's Sparrow. Sorry to come unannounced, but I'm just heading to the Commenorian Embassy with some crates of brandy now that the trade routes are safe and open again. We're not here for any trouble. Uh...Over.~ Inside she was cringing. No doubt the youthfulness in her voice just reaked of her naivity. But hopefully it was good enough to let them have access to the Embassy.

[member="Gray Venasir"] [member="Luther Ando"] [member="The Major"] [member="Dominic Craig"]

Orrico's fingers were dancing across the control surfaces, pulling the ship to a halt. "A distinct part of me wonders just what exactly has happened over the years to warrant this kind of response... And no, I wouldn't wager they'd go easy on children. Even though you hardly qualify." He glanced over at Lori as she...rather timidly hailed the other vessel. Orrico might have found it amusing, were they not preparing to face down a squadron of TIE fighters. With one hand on the control stick, he pulled his headset on. Lori was too inexperienced to know how to handle a situation like this. So, he took the reigns. "Unidentified First Order vessel, we're registering a complete and total computer protocol breach. Flight plan was submitted at 0400 hours this morning. I assume from the hostile response it was not received. I would offer to re-transmit, but we can both agree there's no point with your hands in our panty drawer. Be advised, manifest is cargo and personnel only on a resupply mission to the Commenori Embassy. Our venture is diplomatic in nature, and any unwarranted acts of aggression could cause a diplomatic incident with Commenor and her allies."

As Orrico said this, he was hurriedly writing a new flight plan into the ship's computer that would have been visible to the electronic intrusion suite mere moments after he finished speaking. He glanced at Lori. "Just...by the by, I hope no one had any intimate holos stashed away in the computer somewhere..."

[member="Loreena Arenais"] [member="Luther Ando"] [member="Dominic Craig"] [member="The Major"] @Daiya @Gray Venasir

Grey looked over at Xavier, who just woke up. It was a rather sudden awakening, and it looked like he was about to scream. Shortly after, he said it was just cramps from sleeping in a seat. It had never happened to Gray, but it could make sense. He decided to not think about it anymore. He decide to talk With him, to make the time go a little faster. "So, what do you think -"

He didn't manage to finish the sentance, as the monitor flikered to life With a messege saying 'Stop! Halt. Do not move!' He was starteled by it, and his hand instinctly went to his blaster. But he stopped before pulling it from it holster. "What the Blazes?" Had they been spotted already? Hadn't they just got into First Order Space? Gray didn't know that much about the First Order, but he thought it seemed wierd that they had this tight Security.

He looked around, and saw that he and Xavier was the only ones there. He rose from the seat, and went over to the stairs. Then he looked back at the other guy. "I'm going up to check what's going on. You comming too?" He didn't wait for an answer, and was halfway up the stairs when he finished the sentance. As he walked to the cockpit, he heard the voice of Wayke. It seemed he was talking to those who had caught them, so Gray stopped outside and remained quiet. He almost let a laugh burst out when Wayke said he hoped no one had any intimate photos on the computers.

Then he walked in, and saw that everyone except himself and Xavier was there. Well, now it was just Xavier. "What is going on here?" he asked at once. Normally, he might have started With something jokingly, but now it was not the time.

[member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Dominic Craig"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Daiya"]

So, not a milk run.

Daiya might often get dismissed for being a naive kid, but she wasn't really that naive. Not many kids her age had been privy to the inner workings of a crime lord, or faced off another in a fatal duel of cunning. She knew enough to read between the lines, and between what Orrico and Lori were talking about, this mission was about more than just cargo delivery. Not that she didn't already know, Gray had said something about a rescue, but she'd missed the explanation herself.

It made more sense to her now, though. A dangerous mission deep in the space of an oppressive empire, with a former intelligence agent who was still on the run and a princess from a world that had struggled out from under that regime's thumb. Two people who should probably not be anywhere near that nation's capital world, which was precisely where they were.

And then there was her vision, which surely fit in there somewhere.

Daiya was starting to wonder if Tawrro hadn't been right about this whole idea in the first place. She looked at him curiously, hoping to read some glimmer of assurance in the Wookiee's face, but it was guarded, giving her the same display of tepid concern he had shown since they stepped onboard. She was used to his stoicism and reservation to action, the same reservation that patiently abided her own desire to move forward and just jump into the action, but now it just felt discouraging.

She needn't have wondered long before the screen near her head came on, flashing an alert warning and reading out a stern message of STOP in several different ways. It continued ceaselessly, as other warnings and screens near her flashed with their own readouts. Whatever was happening besides the message, the ship knew it wasn't good. Nervous words were out of the girl's mouth before she knew it, "What's going on?"

Lori spoke up quickly, telling her not to worry and that they'd go easy on her for being a kid. Well, at least someone was being reassuring. She and Orrico replied to the First Order message in calm tones that made Daiya jealous. She wasn't that great under pressure like this. Which was evidenced by how quickly she blurted out, "I'm a good shot with a blaster, and I could—" she paused as Tawrro gave a growl, and said to him, "—yes, I am, Tawrro, you saw how well I put down that Ugnaught last year when you were busy with the Gammorrean thugs." The girl turned back to the others, "Aaaaand Tawrro's a real bruiser with his rifle, plus nobody wants to mess with a Wookiee. So, if they board us..."

The girl swiveled in her chair as she raised her hands together in a finger-loaded gun, and "fired" at the bulkhead behind them, adding the obligatory sound effects as she did so, and lifting her fingers to her mouth to blow off the imaginary exhaust gas.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Dominic Craig"]​

Allies: [member="The Major"] | [member="Luther Ando"]
Possible Enemies: [member="Daiya"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"]
Objective: Have A-Look-See At What Folk Are Doing
Theme: CCR, Fortunate Son (x)

Dominic waited silently in the lander, waiting for the order to come through. Whether it be a search and seizure, letting the vessel pass, or, his favourite, extermination. The wait was put to an end, when Special Agent Craig's earpiece buzzed, "Operative Krayt, this Horatio." A male voice barked. The term Horatio however was familiar. It was a term for FOSB Naval Intelligence, and its operators, "We have approved search of the vessel and to interrogate. I repeat, approved search and interrogation." Good, Craig thought. Plenty of room to flex his muscle. "However, vessel purports diplomatic credentials belonging to Commoner." Horatio continued. The observation came as something of a surprise. Diplomats, headed to Dosuun. "You are not to terminate any personnel, unless hostilities are initiated. Happy hunting Krayt. Horatio, over and out."

"Copy that Horatio." Craig smirked, and checked for his cigars in his uniform. He still had a few left. Leaning over, Dominic reached for the intra-lander comms unit. "Alright big boy," Dominic began, "Get us up in the air, and land this sucker on that ship." He barked, "Let 'em know we're coming for them." Turning the unit off, the FOSB Agent reached for a hand grip. and clasped onto it. The Atmospheric Assault Lander, then proceeded to take off, lurching somewhat as it did so.

"Unidentified vessel, this is First Order lander, KT-621." A transmission would be beamed onto the vessels comms computer. "In accordance with government protocol, we are a boarding team dispatched to your vessel." Three landers now streaked toward the vessel, flanked by two squadrons of ivory winged TIE fighters, howling into the void. "Any attempt to deny this team access, will result in immediate termination. Prepare for our arrival."

Inside the lander, Craig checked his pistol and then looked back at the stormtrooper captain accompanying him. "Alright boys and girls, this is going to be a quick and clean one." Dominic barked, "We're gonna go in there, show them whose boss, and make sure these assholes aren't hiding something. Pick apart the whole damned ship if we have to." He paused, "These are Commoneri. Meaning there could be a terrorist presence aboard." He added, "But that doesn't mean we get to go in, blasters blazing. It means, I shoot, you shoot. But don't shoot first." He eyed them off, behind the eyeless helms. The landers were now on final approach, and the clanking of landing gear deployment could be heard, "Now, lets see about cracking some heads together."

Jaster's Sparrow Interior
Jaster's Sparrow schematics
Just put these here for everyone's reference :) The sub for the ship is in my sig.

Okay, the cover story that [member="Orrico Wayke"] cooked up was far more convincing than her own. But he had a lot of experience with them, while hers was minimal, at best. No doubt she'll hear about it later on.

Now they just needed to wait for the response.

She smirked at his remark on the intimate holos. "No way!"

[member="Gray Venasir"] was the first person that she heard and it had nearly made her jump! Nearly. At least it was a friendly face instead of a white buckethead. "The welcoming party has arrived." Lori tried to keep it all lighthearted to hide away her anxiety. She was the Captain, afterall. She had to be the bravest of them and their leader.

[member="Daiya"] and Tawroo caught her attention next. Lori swiveled in her chair so that she could look at them without straining her neck. With Orrico at the controls, she had the freedom to do so. "I don't think that trying to fight our way out of this would work. They have us outnumbered by trillions to one! Err...I mean six. We can't say that we don't mean any harm by being violent. We just gotta...be cool..."
Yeah, that sounded about right.

Lori looked to the screens as a new message scrolled across them. "Unidentified? Weren't they listening to me? I identified us.." She cut herself off as she read the rest of it. Her jaw clentched as she went through all the crates and supplies in her head. Surely she didn't pack anything compromising, right? From what she could think of, there wasn't anything. Only what was on her supply list in her datapad which as far as she could tell, didn't have anything untoward.

Her attention was drawn to the TIE fighters buzzing them as the landers approached. She had seen one up close once, even met a girl nearly her age that piloted one. It was wicked! But also dangerous. The First Order were very strict. And now she was going to see first hand of just how strict they were.

"We're going to be boarded. Great...Let's just make this as quick and painless as possible.
We're just sending over supplies. No harm in that."
She turned to Orrico. "Did you want to stay here while I go down and meet them? Or should we all go down?" The only access point for the lander was through the cargo bay. No doubt they'd have some way to secure an airlock between the two vessels.

Lori was on her feet by now, not wanting to wait too long for an answer.

[member="Luther Ando"] [member="Dominic Craig"] [member="The Major"]

Zarha DT-313
FIV Gorgon, Dosuun System
First Imperial Assets: [member="The Major"], [member="Luther Ando"], [member="Dominic Craig"]
Suspects: [member="[/FONT]Loreena [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]Arenais"], [member="Daiya"], [member="Orrico Wayke"], [member="Gray Venasir"]

Behind the brass coloured visor Zarha's heavy and oft-dreaded gaze falls upon the security bureau agent aboard the Gorgon. "When are we going to stop pretending this is a random search in accordance with border policy, Agent?" Although she had not been briefed on the particulars of the Bureau's operation before being drafted as an asset the aggressive and bold Death Trooper thought it staggeringly overt amongst the Lander's atmosphere and the quiet composure of Stormtroopers that they'd all detected from Dominic and Zarha's presence alone this was no mere boarding action, no. The Security Bureau possessed some kind of interest in the vessel, an interest spurred on by incriminating evidence against the vessel's crew no doubt which was important enough that somebody within the Security Bureau thought it was worth sending one of their own agents and rudely demanding the presence of one of Special Warfare Division's "Death Troopers" Which would come as an unwelcome and dreadful surprise after they executed the boarding upon the small craft.

Taking a stop towards Dominic, in the direction of Lander's yet closed door with Zarha holding rifle across breastplate anchored to the floor with the magnetic strips on the bottom of her boots shifting not at all unlike the others with the subtle movements of the Lander from the inertial dampener she offered a warning in a tone that hints towards an underlying ferocity with a deep rumble that ripples through the hull from Zarha's throat. "Just remember to stay out of my way, Spook." Pausing for a moment Zarha's head inclines to the right slightly before brushing hand past the significantly shorter dominic's chin, permitting him to feel the cool and coarse details of the staggeringly heavy laminated duranium armour. Zarha's same fist presses against the boarding ramp's release, the void of space whisks the breathable atmosphere straight from the Lander's interior with violence that pulls on each passenger for a moment.

Examining the patrol craft, Zarha notes that the weapons aren't gymballed on rotating mounts but locked coaxially with the fore cannon in front of the Cockpit's canopy and not behind it, much like a fighter. Weapons on a diplomatic craft wasn't unusual and certainly so in the Rim where Dosuun is located though still, as typical of her as a person the young Death Trooper with their arrogant and aggressive tendencies dedicated that she would make a show of force, Death Troopers and their fearsome reputation as cultivated by "ALPHA Team" would be reason alone to comply. They did not take prisoners among those who dared to engage them. "This is Darkhawk-Alpha to all Callsigns, Message: I'm going to go keep the pilot company. Horatio, order the suspect craft to stop all engines and continue to drift on their current course. Continue with the boarding action, I will disable the craft's flight crew and propulsion systems should they attempt to resist." Zarha's voice fills the helmet's of the Stormtroopers and Dominic's ear canal. Splaying out limbs in the void of space the pair of Ion Thrusters on Zarha's Powered Assault Armour jet to life in two short aqua coloured cones.

Though the years where they had been a choreographer passed into history with their conscription into the First Imperial Navy years ago the young woman who had become DT-313 still retains their characteristic agility and dexterity looming above the vaguely triangle-shaped spacecraft with arms trailing behind yet held away from hips while ankles remain pressed together. Zarha's visor magnified the woman's already predatory augmented sight and spots bridge canopy with frightening speed. "Gotcha" Descending Zarha's boots latch onto the shuttle's dorsal surface, between its' wing-like thrusters, she begins confidently whistling within helmet and walking along the hull plating. Zarha pauses on the precipice of the cockpit's canopy before the crimson armoured juggernaut leaps over it and finds an anchor on the forward battery, placing one boot on the cannon's barrel and the other on the hull.

Smiling towards the Craft's pilot left-hand extends her long index finger and shifts wrists left to right steadily in an ancient arcane gesture rebuking their advance, the Death Trooper holds their Black Blaster Rifle across breastplate its' underslug attachment a particle beam launcher. Their crimson armour decorated with a plethora of black pouches full with power packs, ballistic ammunition and explosives. Zarha's blue orbs study the vessel's inert, silent thrusters shifting helmeted head left and right visibly before refocusing on the flight crew, offering an eerie wave in their direction. The Death Trooper's four helmet-mounted one-thousand lumen LED lights activate sending a nigh blinding beam of light into the canopy towards Orrico on the other side of transparent partition, illuminating the glass Zarha spots her own reflection with thoughts turned to herself and partially to vanity.

I used to think I wore it, but now I think it wears me. And damn, do I make it look good.

He pulled himself out of the seat, unable to hold back a quiet grunt as rose again so quickly. He followed Gray over to the monitor. He felt is stomach churn with a mixture of hope and apprehension as he saw what was on-screen. ‘Right on time’ he thought, remaining down stairs as Gray moved towards the cockpit. Today was perhaps the only day he would lament the quick response of the First Order Navy. More and more factors were starting to make his mission complicated.

He paused and pulled himself away from the monitor. When had he decided that this was his mission? Not that long ago he had been a survivor, desperately trying to flee Commenor. His side, which had been mostly forgotten in the wake of his other pain, was still painful to touch. The burned skin on his arms had started itching as it healed. When had it changed from healing, to investigation? When Gray had mentioned a rescue? ‘Perhaps even before that’ Luther thought. An Arenais travelling to Dosuun to deliver goods should have made him suspicious, but he was weak and sore. He didn’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Standard protocol for an unexpected vessel would be board the craft. Luther wondered how far away it was, would he be able to see it from one of the cameras? He made to move towards another monitor, one that would display the area behind the ship, when he was overcome with a terrific migraine. He gasped as stabbing pains racked his head, and he stumbled across the hold. He collided with the other wall, clutching at the monitor. After a moment, the pain subsided, and he loosened his grip on the screen.

He breathed slowly, in and out, and flicked a nearby switch. The screen came to life, showing an external view of the ship. He watched as several ships, emblazoned with the First Order logo, made a slow cruise towards them. He stood still, watching for a time, when his reverie was broken by a shape passing across the screen. ‘Was that a leg?’ he thought wildly, before dismissing it. He moved away from the monitor and started moving towards the stairs to the cockpit.

He was halfway up the stairs, thinking about how best to approach the subject about possible capture, when his legs gave out. He let out a yelp of surprise and tumbled down the stairs. His world tilted left, right and finally upside-down as he came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs. He groaned, feeling the worst pain yet. The cramping in his legs had only lasted a few seconds, but it had been enough to make him fall.

He was afraid now, an all-familiar feeling of mortality creeping into his very being. He pushed himself off the floor, his hands already starting to turn purple from multiple bruises. He managed to hobble to seat, fearing the onslaught of another bout of weakness. Breathing heavily, he strapped himself back in and attempted to mask his wounds. He pulled his hands into the sleeevs of his jacket but there was not much he could do about his lip, which was swollen and bleeding. He would just have to lie he supposed. Again.

He sat in his seat, steadied his breathing and waited for the inspection.

| [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="The Major"] | [member="Dominic Craig"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"] |

Behind the scenes the Security Bureau investigated the claims of the vessel's diplomatic mission while checking the credentials provided just in the nick of time. Unfortunately for the crew aboard, this information was quickly cross referenced in the interim with the Embassy upon Dosuun. Which they indicated had no record of up until a few minutes ago. While this would usually have spiked suspicions more than enough to justify the entire party being arrested and processed under charges of smuggling or any number of things that could be fabricated, there was the matter that they could actually be a diplomatic envoy that simply hadn't filed the massive forms properly in advance -which was exactly why they were made to be so long and complex: to add further complexities to the bureaucratic process and leave loopholes for the First Order to abuse.

As monstrous as this might seem such a thing wasn't to be used unless absolutely necessary. Incarcerating diplomats wasn't done unless the advantages far outweighed the risks associated with acting like a galactic bully.

Choosing to ere on the side of caution, a transmission came through to the first responders heading towards the patrol craft.

::All forward elements: respond. Lethal force under any circumstance is forbidden. Any resistance should be neutralized by non lethal means until identity of parties aboard target vessel are verified. Confirm you have received. Over.::

It would seem that the spooks of the First Order Security Bureau had something a little different in mind.

[member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Orrico Wayke"] | [member="Tirtus Vex"] | [member="Luther Ando"] | [member="Gray Venasir"] | [member="Daiya"] | [member="Dominic Craig"] | [member="Zarha DT-313"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom