Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Saved from boredom [Dominic Shiro]

Neli couldn't help but notice the sheer size of his teeth when he yawned. Sometimes, some creatures, were just too karking big. She was an unusual one, which perhaps helped with why her fear had vanished again already. It really only seemed to show up when she was truly only a moment away from potential death. That was perhaps just another thing she had in common with her mother. She chuckled when the wolf shook his head at her question of his understanding. "Ha ha" she said sarcastically, though clearly amused.

She glanced over, as he did, watching people below. Running off. She thought about calling out to them, but reconsidered. She didn't need to endanger the loth-wolf anymore then she'd already done. That thought brought with it a concern as well, an uncertainty on her actions, however he seemed to have a plan. She watched the wolf preform his...magic? That word did not belong here. It felt natural. Too instinctive to be a craft, yet complex enough to be. She watched with fascination as the routes seemed to change and move, showing them a new way.

He smiled at her, though given his size...and the size of the mouth, it was ever so slightly intimidating since she remembered the chance he could have eaten her. However she pushed that aside and smiled back, clapping her hands behind her back and getting on her tip toes for a second before plopping her feet back down. Not that those few inches actually made any difference.
"Well, guess you're in charge huh?" she said, stepping nearby so she could follow him if she needed, or hop on, whatever it seemed like he was going for.

The girl wasn't really quite certain where this was headed. But she knew it was an adventure, and one she wasn't going to miss out on by letting any sense of fear or hesitation get in her way. No! She was finally free from the limitations of having someone who wanted to protect her from everything. She was going to find a new path of her own.

Okami Okami

Okami sat with his head held high above the ground, feeling quite proud of what he had just accomplished, while also being overcome with feelings a relief and surprise. Having never done this before he was shocked he even managed to change one portal, let alone the sheer unimaginable amount he just effected. The portals finally stopped moving and revealed a few porthole like openings, showing quite a few different environments behind them, bustling cities and forest moons plus an expanse of desert terrain.

He heard the comment about him being in charge from the young one, to which he felt quite prideful about. But he didn't really feel in charge exactly, he just felt.... Well, he didn't really feel any different. In a strange way, he felt back home on Lothal. Like this place was somehow connected to the planet... Then he looked around at the portals again, spotting a large expanse of tall grass on the other side, with what appeared to be large white figures moving in between the blades of grass.

He quickly got up and ran toward the opening, though stopping about halfway to it, suddenly remembering his companion that he had left back in the spot he had just left. He ran back and used his head to flick Neli onto his back. After checking that she was holding on tight, he took off back toward the portal. He leapt through the opening, his markings glowing as the pair passed through, and emerged into a strange world. One with a large expanse of forest and grassland...

The wolf pouted as he thought the white figures he had seen through the portal, were loth-wolves like him, which could hopefully take him back home, but alas, this place was not lothal, which only begged the question...

Where the bloody hell is it?

Neli Neli

Last edited:
Neli had no clue about the truth behind Okami Okami 's accomplishments. She knew all this was incredible, at least to her. But she didn't truly understand what it meant to someone who actually understood it. The extents behind it. He seemed almost at peace, in some way. No maybe that wasn't the right word. He seemed comfortable. Yes that seemed better. Familiar with this. He rushed off towards one of the portals and she hurredly took after him, though doing so wasn't the easiest thing. And she was honestly afraid to try and leap. Imagine if she missed?! Thank goodness he turned around to get her.

She smiled gratefully as he helped her on his back where she held on, "Thought you might leave me behind for a moment there!" she said, if only semi-joking. If he had, she wouldn't have known what to do. Neli was rarely afraid, but today was a day with plenty of concern. However, as they went through the portal, her relief changed again. While she was glad to be back on solid ground. She had no clue where they were. Well, it wasn't bespin. So that removed one option. The girl looked at him, leaning to the side to get a better look at his face. "Uh...don't suppose you have a plan from here? Gonna be honest. I was just trying to get off world. But...uh. I'm not exactly trained to just...survive in the wild."

The markings on his body began to dim after leaving the world between worlds, it seems he could only keep up this feat of his for a short while. He looked around... Not really spotting anything, some woods, a stream, the occasional fly. There wasn't really anything they could do other than just find a place to camp until they could either find a way back off world or wait for Okami's dimension hopping ability to recharge. He turned back the kid, who had mentioned she wasn't exactly cut out for this.... Did he have a plan though?

Well.... Okami.... Hadn't really thought that far ahead...

But this was some kind of plant rich world, which suggested there was some kind of wildlife somewhere around. He was atleast familiar with the hunting, so he could find the kid some food if it came to that. They still had to figure out some kind of shelter though.... And seeing as the sun was starting to set, what better place to look than a dense forest. Okami started on a slow stroll toward the woods, all the while his ears being bombarded with the leaves waving up above and the birds whistling to one another. Hopefully there was a cave or something that they could stay in over night.

Neli Neli

Neli noticed the dimming of the markings. It vaguely reminded her of how when her mother was really using the force, her eyes had a way of glowing yellow, but once she was done, they'd go right back to normal. So it was the force, she thought, but how was he able to use it like this? It really was incredible. Though, that didn't explain where they were. And he didn't really answer the question she posed.

Not like she had a plan either though. She smiled as he moved at a stroll, breathing in. This was finally happening, she was on her own. Well, obviously not. But she wasn't stuck on Bespin with her mother. It wasn't that she didn't love her mother, or that she was mistreated. But she always felt something was wrong with her. She just wanted to take it all in.

"Been dreaming of this for years." She said quietly, just loud enough to hear over the sound of them moving, "It was nice and all, where I was. But there was no freedom. I guess you knew that better than I would. Maybe I shouldn't complain. I just wanted to go somewhere on my own. I think mom must have thought I was more delicate then my sister. They were all just so much better at fighting and stuff."

She sighed, "Meanwhile the only thing I was able to enjoy was playing music. I know you might not talk back much, just felt like sharing. I'm sure we'll figure out some way to talk more. I mean, assuming you aren't just...not talkative. "

Okami Okami

Okami started to relax on his stroll, all the while taking note of anything he could, he wanted to at least try and keep an idea of what was here and there. All the while listening in on Neli's words. He almost smiled again, after hearing her wish to be free. It brought back memories of his pack, how they would all run wherever they wanted whenever they wanted. The kid never seemed to have that though, maybe they could go for more journeys like this in future. At least if they got bored then she might be able to bring a guitar along or something.

He stopped and started digging his claw into the ground, spelling out the words 'Name' and 'Okami' before turning back to Neli, treating this as a proper form of introduction. This would more than likely be the most effective way that the wolf could speak to Neli or anyone else for that matter. Well at least in the real world.

He turned his head back to the woods, heading further in. With all kinds of sound surrounding them. Yet there was on thing that stood out to him. An odd whistle coming from some way away. Maybe it was a wind tunnel in a cave. With any luck they might be able to get a fire going as well. And with the sun setting fast, they might be needing it soon. As the two closed in on the center of the forest, the light only grew more faint, this wasn't much of a problem for Okami, as his eyes were adapted to see in low light, but he wondered what Neli might mistake for a threat. So to try and ease the issue of light, he summoned what strength he could and illuminated some of his markings again... Casting a light red glow over the surrounding area.

Neli Neli

Neli looked around pretty contentedly. Though, her mind was somewhat whirring. What next? Where to go, what to do...oh right what to eat, that was going to be an odd problem. She didn't really know how to survive in the wild, she could steal if she needed to. But not out here. And she didn't have a really good hunting rifle for this. He stopped and starting doing something in the dirt, she leaned over to get a better look, repeating the words quietly as he did. "Okami. Well it's a pleasure to meet you!" she said happily, "I am Neli Marai V'Trechen. Mostly a handful, probably never gonna say it again because I don't want moms people to start coming to find me. She's nice just...don't feel like going back right now."

He turned his head, she hadn't heard the whistle as well as he had. But it was clear he noticed something. They started moving towards a forest, light was getting dark. She wasn't exactly afraid of the dark, but she was absolutely appreciative when she noticed he began to glow red, it cast a fascinating light onto the surroundings. Not like a fire, and not like the glow of a torch, it had its own glow.

She spoke quietly, almost as if she'd be interrupting something if she was loud, "I kind of wonder how anyone even caught you, I mean. You're huge, and you...did whatever you did. Must've really snuck up on ya huh. Or maybe overwhelmed you. Mom always said that when you can't beat someone with skill beat them with pure bullcrap and overwhelm them. No such thing as a fair fight if one side is losing...I didn't really have many other people to talk to so I do kind of talk about her a lot. Her and Zepher, hope he's ok. He got hit with one of those ION grenades, that's how I managed to run. He's a droid, but he's pretty smart. And loyal. Sorry, hopefully you didn't need to listen. I'll shut up."

Okami Okami

Okami took a liking to listening to this Neli ramble on about whatever she could. It sort of brought a bit of joy to this otherwise quite dangerous situation. He thought about what he had already been through, how he was captured and how what was left of his pack were getting on. He hadn't been snuck up on back on Lothal, in fact the group that attacked his pack tried a frontal assault, capturing a number of the wolves with those damn shock traps. When this happened Okami tried to escape with the rest of the wolves, through the world between worlds... But for whatever reason he couldn't enter. And was subsequently caught.

He finally noticed an opening in the landscape, a small cave that looked just deep enough to cover the pair. Okami came close, sniffing around the entrance, trying to determine if anything else had already made it their home. Thankfully, the opening seemed to lack any kind of scent. Okami breathed a sigh of relief as he strolled inside and lead down. By now the sun was only just visible over he horizon. He kept his markings glowing, though at a slightly dimmer lighting. He turned to Neli and tried to smile again, hoping to gain some kind of friendship between them.

Neli Neli

Neli looked at the cave as they came across it, and watched Okami sniff it. What on earth he could possibly be sniffing for, she had no idea. But he could already teleport for goodness sake so what else he might be able to do she had no idea. It was getting real dark, but he was still glowing. She looked a little closer at the markings with interest before he looked back at her and smiled. At least this time she recognized it, it was still a bit intimidating with teeth that massive, but at least she knew it was friendly. So she gave a bright smile in return.

The girl, looked through the cave, wondering if there was anyone else on this planet. And if there were, would they be friends, or problems. Well, they could be both. That was a possibility. She looked deeper into the caves, and then leaned forwards so she was partially laying on top of Okami instead of just sitting upright. "You ever seen someone die Okami? I mean, I'm sure you've seen animals die. But I mean people. Like you or me. Someone who can think and communicate, who can truly feel not just desire or fear or hunger. Stuff that goes beyond instincts."

She looked blankly at the walls, "You probably have. Mom doesn't like bringing us dangerous places. And she doesn't let powerful enemies near us. But I've still watched her when she works. I know I'm not quite a normal person, I can count on my fingers the number of times I've been actually afraid in my life. One of them was today. Are you ever afraid? I don't mean mild concern, or irritated. I mean actually afraid."

Okami Okami

Okami looked out into the distance, watching the sun eventually disappear over the planet's curve, all the while taking in what Neli was saying. Has he ever seen someone die? Okami might have never seen another humanoid die, but he liked to think of those of his pack who had been killed during the raid on the group, died as people. He had watched as some we're gunned down and others we're captured. So in response to that first question, he simply nodded in a slow manor.

The kid seemed to be a strange one, in that she mentioned how she hadn't been afraid that many times, over the course of her life. In truth Okami had also only been afraid a few times. When his mother first took him to the world between worlds, the hunting of his pack, the makeshift sky diving earlier on. Yet throughout all of those instances, the feeling was quickly replaced with some other sense of wonder, hatred or something.

Yet the time when he felt the most fear he ever felt before, was right in this moment. The two were stranded on a planet that likely neither of the two had ever been to, out in some uninhabited part of the planet that might not even be colonized in the first place. Nevertheless, the wolf perched his head upon and gave another nod in response to her question, then followed it up by making whatever sound he could while moving his mouth to mimic Neli's continuous talk. Of course he couldn't actually speak so what he was actually trying to say was up to Neli to decide...

Neli Neli

Neli didn't really see much difference between the loth-wolves, if they were sentient the same way she was, and people. If they had that same level of thought and emotion, what did it matter they looked like regular canines. After all she was quite sure she'd met people who were much more stupid than a canine and should really not be allowed to leave their homes.

He gave another nod to her question of fear. It was a strange thought, what could make something that big be afraid. Then again, someone had somehow managed to catch him. And of course, it was reasonable anyone could be afraid during the earlier time of falling from the skies. He then added a noise, one which she really couldn't understand but it didn't matter too much to her. He was saying something. She wondered, how well could they communicate. Maybe that's what he was saying, at least she chose to act as if he was trying to get out a specific set of information.

What if she could learn to better communicate with him? Maybe not like she did with people, but somehow. She knew she had a way of feeling out people sometimes. But that was a more emotional thing, not a thought thing. You couldn't translate those as easily as you'd like. "We really need to work on this language barrier." she said with a smile, "Clearly you can understand me. But I got like...you know so many more questions than yes or no. Do you have a language. Or is it kinda...more like just telepathy or something. You know something that can't really be made into words."

Okami Okami

Okami stopped mimicking Neli as she began to speak again, he turned his head back toward the open landscape in front of him. Noticing a few shadows moving along the ground. Probably some small rodent looking for scraps, this idea was further reinforced when he heard a few squeaks coming from the brush before him. Yet his attention seemed to only really be focused on what Neli was saying. Her voice seemed to ease the wolf. They did indeed have to work on the language barrier.

Okami turned his head back toward the kid, staring into her eyes. Shortly before inserting a few words into Neli's mind. "Mind... Speak.... Neli..." For now, that was all he was going to say. Mostly cause he didn't actually know what else to say. He led his head down on the ground, just resting his neck. He wondered what was actually out there on this planet. Maybe they would find out soon.

Neli Neli

Neli glanced up as the shadows moved, she couldn't see them as well as he could. She looked up more because Okami did. However the squeak was a sort of confirmation that it was nothing important. Though she would keep it in mind. He looked into her eyes and reached out. Only three words. She still had somewhat of an idea.

"Hmm, speak to the mind." she said aloud. She had always had a slight leaning towards feeling and thouchts of others, but was far what could be considered a true telepath or empath. Still....maybe, she could accomplish something. "I wanna test something." she said.

She stepped onto the ground, testing it with her feet. Then breathing in, as she did, she tried to feel the emotions and thoughts of Okami as if they were in the air. She tried, quite hard, to see if she could sense what he was thinking. There were issues with her application, plenty, there were issues with her experience of this. She rarely did more than simply "touch" so she was relying a great deal on the hope that the gap could be bridged, at least somewhat, with Okami's help.

Okami Okami

Okami lifted his head up once more to see what Neli was doing, which as it turns out wasn't anything really. She had gotten down off his back and was now stood there. He could feel the force around him, attempting to penetrate him. Was this her doing? Okami naturally had a somewhat strong force barrier around him, meaning few force related attacks, both physical and mental. Though, something compelled him to lower this defense, and let her do whatever it was she was attempting.

Upon dropping the barrier, he felt the force rush through his body and surround his soul and mind. She was trying to.... Connect their minds? Something like that. He wasn't really sure if he should allow her to continue, yet he couldn't bring himself to shut her out now. He could feel himself loosening and his mind beginning to form a bridge. In an effort to see if anything had worked he thought up some words and spoke to himself. Perhaps someone would be listening in.

"Bridge the gap? Making minds one? Difficult task. Have you accomplished it though?" He looked into the kid's eyes, waiting for some sort of indication that she had heard something. This was a technique he had seen very few times, and only by members of his own race. Maybe she was the first person he knew of to successfully bring two minds into contact.

Neli Neli

Neli tried her best, to find that spot between focus and flow. What she did learn from her mom could certianly be used to help found the way to further strength and skills. But, so often, it went without proper practice. Meaning even if she knew it by knowledge, she lacked the skill to apply it whenever she chose. She felt him letting her through and she had to resist the joy that was rising, to keep herself on task.

When she heard the words she nearly jumped up, and as a result nearly lost the connection, from the excitement. The smile was clear on her face, as was the fact she was trying her best not to get too excited. "Yes! I...think so." she...thought, trying to rely on the less verbal communication to ensure it dug in, and to make sure she both gave and recieved in the same manner. Speaking aloud was a risk, at least she assumed it was. "I couldn't stand not being able to talk to you. I mean, I get we can't do this all the time. But you know, sometimes. This sort of stuff is much more my cup of tea than all that fighting business."

she paused, uncertain. The thought of getting here was all she'd had. "So...what now. I know I say that a lot but I wasn't exactly expecting...most of today."

Okami Okami

Okami could sense the young one as she seemed to shudder in excitement as he spoke. It seemed that she did in fact hear what he spoke. She spoke of her desire to speak to him, in truth Okami had also wanted to speak to her. "You have a special ability, Neli. By chance, would this be a gift from your mother? "

Okami's markings finally began to dim uncontrollably. His light wasn't going to last for much longer. He heard Neli's voice once again, asking for a plan. "Rest, there is a chance we could be here for a while." He didn't know how long his... Dimension hopping ability, would take to recharge. He didn't know if the planet was even colonised.

Who knows how long it would take to get himself...
And more importantly...
Neli, back home...

Neli Neli

Neli bobbed her head side to side uncertainly in regards to his question, "Mom and dad are strong in the force. She taught me to use whatever I could. I can sometimes feel peoples emotions, or something like that. And I think I can touch them with music. But never like this." she barely realized that it was a compliment as well. She thought her mother special, but aside from being her mothers child, she didn't think she was.

She noticed the dimming of the lights. But she wasn't really afraid, she did hope he was ok. Something he might be able to feel. He said they should rest. She nodded her head, looking at the floor. It wasn't really a bed. That wasn't going to be great. But, hey, this was the journey she'd asked for.
"Yeah...I guess you're right." she laid down, adjusting what she had on her and pulling out the lightsaber. Running her hand down its hilt, she hoped to finish it, sometime. Not tonight. Right now...just rest. So much had happened.

Okami Okami

Okami too note or her mother and father being strong with the force. Perhaps he could meet then one day. Though maybe not while he was dragging their daughter across the galaxy. He did take note of something that he found quite interesting. She could 'touch people with music'.

He thought that it would be better to bring it up in the morning though.

Okami yawned as the night grew darker. He took his tail and threw it over Neli as she led down, trying to give her somekind of warmth through the night. He layed his head down and simply watched the wind blow the bushes around outside the cave.

Neli Neli

Neli put an arm over the tail, almost like a blanket, as she began to let herself try and drift off staring at the ceiling. It wasn't going to be a swift sleep. Nor would it be a solid one, too used to the comforts of home she'd sleep very lightly, staring at the ceiling as she did. What kind of life lay ahead? She still didn't know. The set of events that had just been put into motion were almost unpredictable for her. She was left with only what she knew she had, what was on her, and that Okami was with her. That was admittedly comforting.

But, still, there was that speck of doubt if this was actually the right choice. If what she'd done wasn't going to result in worse than what she'd had. It wasn't like life was awful...just somewhat sheltered, well, sheltered to her.

Okami Okami

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom