Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Saud Dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
ukrEyJD.png

S a u d D i s
L3IrS8G.png
EUtXvom.png

d0OKm9q.png

• Name: Saud Dis
  • Designation: Non-sentient
  • Origins: Midwan, Yesmireen (Planet)
  • Average Lifespan: 17-20 years
  • Estimated Population: Rare (Approximately 1000 consisting of both adolescents and adults)
  • Description: The Saud Dis are a non-sentient feline species native to, and only found on, the planet Yesmireen. In particular, these rarely seen beasts, are most often found in the magma flows that surround Midwan or among the fiery calderas of the various volcanic summits that infrequently dot the planet's landscape. Though born small in stature, these beasts are hostile and aggressive from day one of their birth. Further, the Saud Dis has a seeming heat-proof hide and will even bathe in magma flows. Their tie to the unforgiving lands contributes heavily to their luminous appearance. It is not an uncommon for these creatures to swallow the molten rock or to display various pyro-kinetic abilities - most common among them being the ability to breath fire or release geysers of flame or steam from the millions of pores along their bodies.

These creatures have a most higher natural body temperature than most other species, and as such, it can be dangerous to touch a living specimen or risk being burn harshly. It can take days for a diseased Saud Dis to cool to the point externally where it would be safe to touch or handle without proper personal protective equipment.
As these beasts age and mature, they grow large incisors on the left and right of their upper row of teeth. It is often easy to spot the eldest in a group of Saud Dis, simply due to the size of these large fangs.
In rare circumstances, these creatures can play host to a form of symbiosis which in attained only through way of a Force Nexus present on the planet with which they hail. Because of the nature of its creation, those of the species that develop it attain minor connections with the Force and possess the ability to use such. When used, however, any abilities are raw and untrained, nearly always instinctual in nature.

K1vmICL.png

• Breathes: Type I | Type II
  • Average Height of Adults: 1.2 meters (Male) | 0.9 meters (Female)
  • Average Length of Adults: 3.2 meters (Male) | 2.5 meters (Female)
  • Average Weight of Adults: 180-240 kg (Male) | 130-190 kg (Female)
  • Skin Color: Various shades of grey and black
  • Hair Color: Various shades of black, brown, grey, red, and orange
  • Distinctions: The Saud Dis typically have darker, ashen colored further atop a thick, durable hide that glows from the internal heat of the beast. They are quadrupedal with long tails, enabling for enhanced balance. Their eyes also glow a bright red-orange color, further accentuating the fire that that burns within them. Two large incisors grow from their mouths; the size of these teeth can more often than not help to determine and adult Saud Dis' age in addition to the size of the beasts.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: Rare

D3Caojk.png

• Born of the Flame: These beasts have an affinity toward fire and as such, they are highly resistant, practically immune, to the typically hazardous effect of heat and its common sources.
  • Fire on the Tongue: Along with the notable resistance to fire and other sources of heat, these beasts have a particular ability to breath fire, or eject jets of intense heat from various pores covering their hide.
  • Touched by the Force: By the extremely unlikely chance a certain set of conditions are met, these beasts can develop a connection to the Force through a symbiotic relationship that is allowed to exist. As this symbiotic is created through the Force via the Dark Side Nexus of the planet they come from, this allows the beasts with effected by it the ability to connect with the Force on a minor and untrained level. Abilities used, if any, are instinctual in nature.
  • Apex Predator: The Saud Dis has very few, if any, natural predators. These beast possess a brute strength, powered by the dense musculature of their bodies.
  • Durability: The hide of the Saud Dis is highly durable in nature. Because of the organic makeup of this hide, combined with a unique relationship with the Dark Side Nexus of Yesmireen, Molgeth, the hide of these beasts possesses a certain resistance to both lightsabers and energized weaponry, such as blasters.

czCOwuf.png

• Extinguish the Flame: These beasts are very susceptible to drastic changes in temperature as it takes a lot of energy to maintain their body temperatures away from their natural habitats in along lava flows and in the molten summits of volcanic calderas. When away from these locations, the Saud Dis struggles to maintain its high body temperature. If the body temperature remains low for extended periods of time, it can create adverse and long lasting health effects on the creature and possible death.
  • Withering Numbers: The Saud Dis is on the brink of extinction due to the adverse conditions required for them to thrive as well as the result of unregulated hunting of their kind in search of symbiotic organism said to exist in 1 in 200 of the beasts. There are roughly 1000 Saud Dis living today.
  • A Sprint, Not a Marathon: The Saud Dis are good for short bursts of speed, but not over great distance. As such they are forced to be precise in their decisions to exert such tremendous amounts of energy when hunting pray.
  • Picky Eater: The Saud Dis has a very particular diet in which it must maintain to survive. This diet consist of a combination of volcanic rock, which it uses to assist in digestion, and a handful of fauna. Even eating the wrong prey can prove to be lethal to the feline beasts.

nl9t9oS.png

• Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Various vocalizations such as roars, growls, purrs and whines. Various forms of body language. No intelligent or sophisticated form of communication
  • Technology Level: None
  • Religion/Beliefs: None
  • General Behavior: Saud Dis are typically hostile to those outside of their family groups and wary of outside presences. In the cycle of "fight or flight," these beasts lean heavily to the "fight" side of things. They are apex predators in their own right, with very few natural predators of their own. Personality wise, one might think these beast violent and aggressive because of their ill temperament.

Family wise, these creatures tend to stay with their family groups their entire lives. The prides in which they reside are typically dominated by an Alpha male and an Alpha female. If another of the pride were to challenge to be the next Alpha, or replace the current one, the result is a fight to the death.

yP8oBtR.png

Yesmireen is home to a wide array of different creatures, many unique to just the planet itself. Among these is the Saud Dis, a large feline beast that makes its home amid lava flows and various other sources of immense heat. It was first discovered about a thousand years after the great Cataclysm that wracked the planet, even so much as splitting the large nexus of the planet into two. They thrived in larger numbers at the time, however, after the discovery of a particular rare trait was noticed amid them, the Sith that once occupied the planet, and constructed the ancient ruins of Midwan, nearly hunted the beasts to extinction all in the pursuit of the what one of these creatures might foster within. Even with only a chance of one in 200, it did not dissuade the zealots from their lusts for great power.
Though research is quite minimal on these creatures, it has been recorded now, that they carry a particular affinity for the planet's Dark Side Force Nexus, Molgeth, and perhaps it is because of this that the beasts harbor such a poor attitude and demeanor. But beyond that, the relationship between the beasts and the Nexus of Dark Side energy seems to have the rare occurrence to support the creation of a symbiotic relationship which has been noted to exist in the rare specimen. This revelation has been noted and little is none about what drives this to happen, but the one thing that is certain is that the Nexus plays a heavy role in the development.
Once a certain set of preset conditions are met, there is the potential for a certain symbiotic form of life - similar in appearance to a fungus - to form within the body of one of these beasts. What exactly causes this to occur is unknown, however when it does occur, it has been noted that the Saud Dis that harbors this symbiote develops a subdued sense of Force sensitivity, elevating the animal's natural strength and ferociousness and even their abilities to exude immense heat and fire from their bodies. It is the symbiote, and what the symbiote would become late, that creates this that nearly led the beasts to extinction at the hands of the Sith that once occupied this planet.
Beyond that relationship, the Saud Dis is a relatively normal predatory beast that might be found on a volcanic planet with a certain affinity for fire and heat. Forced to maintain a very high body temperature else face death.

Last edited:
Submission: Reason: Real life pulled me away from the site and I'd like to continue with this submission now

Moved to pre-codex per OP request.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi

What's the status on this sub? Would you like to have it moved to live judging or would you like more time to complete it and flesh it out?

If I don't hear anything back within a few days, this submission will be archived for inactivity. If you would like it pulled back out of the archives so that it can be worked on - Please make the request in the Submission-Modification Thread.

Hello Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi , I am your Codex Judge [In Training] for this submission. Very cute kitty, would pet if it wouldn't burn me.

A few orders of business:
  • Breathes:
    Considering this bathes in magma, I don't think that Type II breathability is going to cut it unless it holds its breathe the entire time its in the presence of exposed magma. There would be so many toxins being released from it I'd recommend a rating as high as even Type IV just due to the toxic nature of the air surrounding magma flows.
  • Average Weight of Adults:
    180-240 kg (Male) | 13-190 kg (Female)
    I am assuming that the 13 was just missing a zero and you intended to say 130 kg.
  • The Symbiote: The Force-granting (enhancing?) fungal-like symbiote that you describe in the history I think could use some additional references in the earlier portions of the sub to increase clarity. As I was reading it I was wondering what the symbiosis was until I got to the end.

Sort those out, and we'll be pending approval right quick!

Tagging my Handler John Locke John Locke

Fatty Fatty

First of all, thanks for taking the time to look of this submission and definitely appreciate your suggestions here.

For the atmosphere type, I had chosen Type II here as Mustafar is considered to only have a Type II atmosphere and it in itself is a volcanic planet covered in lava/magma flows. If I am mistaken here, I'll happily adjust.

I added a bit more in the strength related to the Force, but as it seemed fitting to elaborate there. For fear of making things overly redundant in context, I didn't add anymore elsewhere. If adding more elsewhere is necessary, please let me know, and I will jump right now that.

As always, please let me know if there is anything else you need or require with this submission. And thanks again for your time and effort in doing so.

Luca Donskoi Luca Donskoi I suppose that's fair enough an explanation for the Breathe section, though it wouldn't be my own personal preference. The rest is up to your discretion as well if that wasn't clear (other than the typo which you've helpfully corrected), though I think describing the symbiosis would be more appropriate in the description of the species but its fine where it is.

Fatty Fatty

Alright, I've also added a blurb about the symbiosis to the "Description" area. Further, I added one link I realized I missed before, linking to the bacteria sub that creates this symbiosis (Vriashta Serrisht) under the "Links" bullet point in OOC Information. Finally I swapped out the Submission section dividers for some that I made in order to further establish an aesthetic for the planet (included credit for making them as myself). No further content of the sub was changed beyond visual appearance that what I listed here.

Hope this is good for you now. Again, thanks for your time with this; I appreciate your help and suggestions to make this the absolute best it can be, even if you are trying to steal my cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom