Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Santhe Challenger, Sport Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Santhe

Majority Share Holder, Santhe Corporation
neeb_cruiser_r04_by_pinarci-d6reikb.jpg

Image Credit: [x]
Intent: To create a sporty personal transport craft.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems
Model: Santhe Challenger Sport Edition
Affiliation: Sienar Fleet Systems & Open Market
Modularity: Yes
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel and other standard starship materials
Description:
The Santhe Challenger Sports Edition is the speedy version of the Challenger Luxury Editionhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/34246-santhe-challenger/. The Challenger Sport removed much of the frills of the Luxury edition in return for a boost of speed and additional gear. The Challenger Sport by Santhe retains much of the same features of the Luxury model including a single occupancy sleeping compartment for the owner, full refresher, and four internal storage compartments (closets) but has had its cargo bay reduced by half to make up for the extra large engine. The secondary sleeping compartment has also been reduced to hold only two beds for occupants. The cockpit has four seats for the Pilot and his passengers and the vehicle comes with extra weapon options for those hunters of big game such as space slugs.

In addition to its internal components the Santhe Challenger Sport also has several outward upgrades. stabilizer fins have been added to the flanks and keel of the vessel along with two more non retractable fins at the top. Each fin contains delicate instruments designed to help stabilize the craft at high speeds and also provide support in atmosphere.
Options Include:

• Choice of cloth or leather leather interior

• Choice of weapons include two Laser Cannons or two Ion Cannons with a single missile launcher.

• Choice of Super Charged Engine (Speed 2.5)or an additional two weapons (Ion Cannons or Laser Cannons), or choice of SLAM Overdrive System.

• Optional polished brylark wood interior paneling.

• Optional Server Droid and bar (taking up 2 closets)

• Optional Vehicle storage, replaces portions of the cargo bay (1 ton) with proper storage racks for a speeder bike and 2 RedEye Probe Droids.

• Optional extended two year warranty
No matter what options are installed the Santhe Challenger Sport commands the highest respect from buyers across the galaxy.

Classification:
Role: Personal Sport Cruiser
Height: 8 meters
Width: 12 meters
Length: 24 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: 3 I-f4b Solar Ionization Reactors
Hyperdrive Rating:
Class-1.5
Backup Class-12
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew: 1
Armaments:

• 2 Laser Cannons

• 1 Concussion Missile Launcher (4 Missiles)
or

• 2 Ion Cannons

• 1 Concussion Missile Launcher (4 Missiles)
Hangar:
Up to;
Non-Combative Attachments:

• Communications Array

• Encryption Network

• Escape Pod

• Holonet Transceiver

• Standard Deflector Shield Generator

• Standard Life Support Systems

• Standard Navigational Systems

• Standard Sensor Array

• Standard Targeting Systems

Passenger Capacity: 3
Cargo Capacity: 5 Metric Tonnes
Consumables: 1 Month
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class-2.5 (Base) Class-2 (Super Charged Engine)

Looks nice, just a few quick things.
  • Your description ends mid-sentence. I think you meant to come back but forgot.
  • I'm not comfortable giving a ship a whole rank up in speed with no dev thread when comparing it to the luxury version or extensive reasoning why in the description. If you made the supercharger standard and the reason this version gets the 2.5 speed it'd be reasonable. (I know this has half the guns of a fighter but it's shuttle-sized)
  • Remove SLAM/maneuvering thrusters option, same reasoning as above, it's already plenty fast and stacking a slam onto that would put this near interceptor speeds.
And just to explain why I'm so resistant to a ship this size going fighter speed, is that they're high performance for military grade stuff and often that means they have edges most other ships wouldn't on top of a huge mass to thrust ratio. But I do like that someone else has finally put superchargers on ship engines. Props for that.

[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Sasha Santhe

[member="Domino"]

Uhg I actually did finish that sentence in the sub, but I was having errors copying and pasting so I made a new doc and must of somehow screwed up copy and pasting again. Anyways the site ate the entry three times.

As for the speed its the same as other ships have been in cannon, slave one for instance which is comparable in size can dogfight with fighters as can the scimitar which is a bit larger than this if I'm not mistaken. In addition Sienar fleet system makes a number of system ships in canon that can match speeds with fighters. In addition the blastboat (also made by Sienar) is the same relative speed with 25 tons of cargo and waayyyyy more weapons. Sienar specializes in small craft and I'm trying to show that in the submissions. The idea behind this craft was it was made specificaly for speeds, its a sportscar. I'd like to somehow keep the speeds as is (or close). Would a minor production run instead make it more appropriate? Maybe limiting it so only the non supercharger gets a SLAM system? Thats how I initially had it and decided to try to push the bounds because meh why not? I mean at the end of the day its literal going in the market place for players and players only and will have 0 wide scale application for fleeting or whatnot.

Anyways when you respond I'll edit appropriately.

Slave I and the Scimitar are both unique prototype ships crammed full of the latest technology. Fett was shown to be constantly updating his in several books. And dogfighting with doesn't mean a ship has the same agility or speed and anything can go as fast as a fighter with enough acceleration time. Switching it to MP and making it slam or supercharger would work, I like the idea of a choice between a constant mild boost or a short big one.
[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Sasha Santhe

[member="Domino"]

Edited. Been having some problems recently, the other day it said I edited something and showed it as edited on my screen and didn't edit for anyone else. So right now its showing I've edited, but it also took me like 4 tries to not get a message about not having permission to edit.... so yeah if it didn't go through just tell me.

Sasha Santhe

You weren't confusing. I'm having a hard time editing so I was editing one at a time the various things and seeing what went through. I had it as minor production, it showed up as minor production, and now its not minor production. Its weird. I let my sister borrow my computer for a week and she DLed a terabyte of torrents and other crap. Or more she filled up my terabyte external harddrive. Since then my computer is barely working and I keep getting weird forum errors here. Editing is one of them. It takes me like 3 tries to edit something in and sometimes the edits don't go through. Othertime there is like a cookie error where it shows me the edits go through but apparently the edits never made it to the site.... so weird.

Anyways thanks [member="Domino"] for being patient.

It's cool, I'm the one taking a day to get back to you, it's approved pending secondary.
I'd also suggest you run an anti-virus and mal-ware scan.
[member="Sasha Santhe"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom