Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salutations! I've no idea where to begin.

[member="Glitch"]

Welcome.

If you are new make a test character just to get a feel for how things work.
You can have as many characters that you like so do not be afraid to make one that is not as developed as you would prefer.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Thank you!

[member="Kei Amadis"]

I'm glad such variety exists here. Thanks for the greeting!

[member="Chashmona"]

I can imagine these forums live up to the name. Thank you.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

How does one go about creating multiple characters? Renaming the account or creating an alt, perhaps?

[member="Mark Sage"]

xD Thanks!

I'm actually rather ecstatic to hear that.

I hope I'll be able to characterize them appropriately.

[member="Chashmona"]

Aha! I found it, thank you.

That'll help a lot in the future.

Is this how NPC's are used on the forums?

[member="Glitch"]

There are three ways of handling NPC type characters. You can create an NPC freely to use in RP as and when you like on the fly, if you want a full NPC template the link above is the way to go, a template gives them some protection in roleplay from assumed autohits from others in posting, whereas none submitted NPCs you use in RP don't get the same protection. A third option is to just bring in minor alt PC characters that have their own bio if you want smaller parts done, as and when you like.

A tip I personally like is to do a few threads, and if an NPC survives them, then put up a template as you've spent time on them, but that is just my preference.

[member="Chashmona"]

Awesome, thanks! Do you know of any existing NPC lists? There are quite a few pages of Approved NPCs.

[member="Solariel Eldara"]

Thank you! It's certainly been wonderful thus far. Great community!

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Understood. I'm glad the submission of NPC templates isn't mandatory. Excellent advice, thank you very much for that.

Is there an established limit of sub-profiles? Say for example, if I wanted to write for a squad of 5 others, is that permitted?

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

I shall, this has been immensely informative so far. I very much appreciate all the help these members have given me.

How does one go about acquiring those titles? Such as 'Droid' 'Character' 'The Republic' 'Jedi Master' etc.

It seems I was given 'Writer' upon posting. Do you ask for them, or is the system automated?

Teryn Renoir

T
Writer is your Hub account. Everytime you log in, you do so as 'Writer'. However you can have 'Sub Accounts' or characters. These you switch to but can function similar to other profiles. Aka: Subscriptions, blogs, @mentions, etc. Each one is separate. Writer is just the 'top' and characters are just 'alts'.

Rank Titles are the 3 bars under your avatar. They require 50 posts per character and must be added by Administration. You can request them in the Character Creation Forum. Also, your signature can contain up to 4 more of them currently. Which is kinda a lot of Rank Titles. Lol.

Great questions [member="Glitch"]. :D

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Glitch"] ^ That is a character or 'Sub-Account' of mine. This is my HUB account or 'Writer'. Writer accounts are often characters themselves but sometimes people just use them as OOC or IRL accounts.

You can have as many characters as you want. :D

[member="Teryn Renoir"]

Wow, this site is really well-developed for role-playing. I've yet to find another like it. Incredible.

Is there an existing list of titles and their corresponding meanings anywhere on the forums?

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I just found the button on the profiles that displays all the user's sub-profiles. That's pretty handy.

You've got quite a few sub-accounts yourself. Neat. What does OOC stand for, specifically?

[member="Delila Castillon"]

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, ok. I've just checked the Timeline of Galactic History on Wookieepedia and discovered that it only goes up to 138 ABY.

If I'm not mistaken, the stories found on this site start as early as 844 ABY. Why was so much Star Wars history skipped?

And if I am in fact mistaken, at what point in canon history does Chaos deviate from the original SW universe timeline?

Glitch said:
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

How does one go about acquiring those titles? Such as 'Droid' 'Character' 'The Republic' 'Jedi Master' etc.
Some are simply requested e.g. Soldier, Droid

Some are allowed when you meet a simple requirement e.g. The Republic is available only to members of the Galactic Republic (all Factions operate this way)

Some are allowed when you meet more complex requirements e.g. Sith Knight, Jedi Master (as your character has to develop to reach a certain 'level')

Hope this helps

:)

IC = In Character (what your character is thinking, doing etc.)
OOC = Out of Character (what the writer of the character is thinking)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Glitch"]

All the Tech. All the Stories.

We skipped canon (and it's many wild variations) to provide ourselves with a wide open sandbox to explore. However, since all Star Wars technology is technically just fantasy-techo-babble? All canon technologies are also present in our timeline. Han Solo's blaster, R2 droids, Tie fighters, and X-Wings are all just as awesome in our timeline as they were 850 years ago. Therefore our timeline is less of a deviation from canon and rather an amalgamation of all it's many incarnations. To be brief, "everything goes".

Custom Tech too.

We even support the inclusion of custom technologies, species, and new sciences. These can be built in The Factory Forums with assistance from Factory Judges and Player Corporations. To note, The Factory is primarily designed as an optional experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom