Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salutations! I've no idea where to begin.

In my two decades of life, I have not once stumbled upon a roleplaying site. (A co-worker brought this obscure activity to my attention. He had some wonderful adventures to speak of; enough to provide sufficient curiosity to google it.) I've read over the rules and skimmed through some active boards, but I'm still a tad wary of blindly launching my character into the chaos. I understand that the use of existing characters in the SW universe is prohibited. However, I would presume that rule was established in regards to players wanting to use main roles. (Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, etc) Therefore, I would like to inquire as to whether or not minor (extremely minor) characters could be used as a basis for narrative. Characters that would otherwise be used as faceless fodder for the 'heroes' to slaughter mercilessly without the vaguest hint of remorse. Using this story context would help me establish a solid foundation for character development, and would enable me dive directly into the role instead of front-loading ludicrous backstory.

For Example...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/O.M.5
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/OOM-10
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_battle_droid
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TK-421

My only other question would be in regards to finding a topic for character introduction. Following my visit to the character creation forums, should I write alone at first to establish context and allow for character development, or jump into an existing narrative that best suits the location or premise I wish to participate in? I certainly do not want to be a burden or distract from any ongoing story, and I would prefer to avoid an abrupt entrance. At any rate, I would immensely appreciate some advice before I begin writing here.

Thank you very much for reading, I sincerely hope it wasn't too tedious; this is a site's focal point is writing after all.

[member="Glitch"]

No canon characters may be used. This timeline exists way beyond any of them being alive anyway.
As for creation, there is a template that you can write up your character on, submit it as a new thread and we veterans and even new writers will flock to welcome you and even invite you to stories. You don need any connection to characters to start writing with them, unless it's labeled Private or Faction and you aren't a member of said faction.

Welcome to Chaos, it's wonderful here. I've been here almost two years and have experienced so much fun exploring the Star Wars universe. Build your character however you want and develop him/her/it as you go. Gain new allies, enemies, gear, experience, etc. You are free to come and go to threads as you please, within reason of course, but all in all.

Find some new friends, join a battle, find a relic, fly some starships and blast some faces. If you have Ideas, post them to the Discussion Board and see what you get.

Yay new players are awesome!! Welcome Señor Glitch!

[member="Sergeant Glitch"] check this guy out!

[member=Glitch]

Welcome to the Chaos!

Glad to have you here. As for cannon fodder for your character, many "faceless" characters like droids, Stormtroopers, soldiers, police agents etc that aren't a single character pretty much can be used as you wish - to either attack you, or you attack them. As in the SW films, there will always be thousands of troopers and droids to go up against if and when your story presents it.

And much else has been covered by Miles!

Take your time to look around and get a feel for things, and keep the questions coming so we can help you out.

:)

Miles Varden said:
[member="Glitch"]

No canon characters may be used. This timeline exists way beyond any of them being alive anyway.
As for creation, there is a template that you can write up your character on, submit it as a new thread and we veterans and even new writers will flock to welcome you and even invite you to stories. You don need any connection to characters to start writing with them, unless it's labeled Private or Faction and you aren't a member of said faction.

Welcome to Chaos, it's wonderful here. I've been here almost two years and have experienced so much fun exploring the Star Wars universe. Build your character however you want and develop him/her/it as you go. Gain new allies, enemies, gear, experience, etc. You are free to come and go to threads as you please, within reason of course, but all in all.

Find some new friends, join a battle, find a relic, fly some starships and blast some faces. If you have Ideas, post them to the Discussion Board and see what you get.

Yay new players are awesome!! Welcome Señor Glitch!

[member="Sergeant Glitch"] check this guy out!
Understood. I can certainly start from scratch, it might take just a bit longer to write a backstory though.

How detailed can the Character Creation be? Can I provide a lengthy background narrative, or must I summarize all events that have taken place up till this point in the timeline?

I suppose I'll cross my fingers for an invite upon posting my character profile. I greatly appreciate that information you've provided thus far. Thank you, Miles.

Nobunaga said:
[member="Miles Varden"]

CCs are all dead, but idk if a canon droid would be dead too
Hm. I'm sure I'll be able to think of something to explain the existence of a B1 Battle Droid somehow. May I ask when this timeline takes place; how many years after the Clone Wars, specifically?

Connor Harrison said:
[member=Glitch]

Welcome to the Chaos!

Glad to have you here. As for cannon fodder for your character, many "faceless" characters like droids, Stormtroopers, soldiers, police agents etc that aren't a single character pretty much can be used as you wish - to either attack you, or you attack them. As in the SW films, there will always be thousands of troopers and droids to go up against if and when your story presents it.

And much else has been covered by Miles!

Take your time to look around and get a feel for things, and keep the questions coming so we can help you out.

:)
Excellent. Thank you for the reply, Connor. I'll be certain to post here again if I have any questions.

Glitch said:
Hm. I'm sure I'll be able to think of something to explain the existence of a B1 Battle Droid somehow. May I ask when this timeline takes place; how many years after the Clone Wars, specifically?
844 years, but a B1 is still active model usage

Awesome. Thanks to you, I've successfully joined a faction six posts into my account history. xD

I'll check out the faction discussion.

[member="Dashal Vance"]

Dun think about doing that to me or anyone in that faction... otherwise you'll end up with a big gaping hole from the gun I'll be using when it's even approved

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom