Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Salar's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a holy site of the Ashlan religion and a place for an important historic event
  • Image Credit:
  • Canon: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Links: n/a
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Astronomical Location Name: Salar's Rest
  • Classification: Moon
20210601-184412.jpg

• Rotational Period: around 18 standard hours
  • Orbital Period: 200 local days around its planet
  • Size: Small
  • Affiliation: no government but considered holy to Ashlan Crusade
  • Population: Insignificant
    • small number of primitive tribes people
  • Demographics:
    • Local sentients are entirely humans descended from ancient settlers
  • Accessibility:
    • Difficult to find, the moon is in a planetary nebula and hard to detect externally unless you know it is there. Once located, there is no restrictions on access.
    • This place was intended as a beautiful resting place and no more. With little of material value present, once the the strength of the Ashlan faith waned and the original custodians passed, there was little effort to made maintain a guard or any connection to the place.
    • The local primitive tribes treat the tomb as holy, having had their culture influenced by the original ashlans, but have little way to defend the site from more advanced visitors.
    • The only permanent security measures are large stones in the hallways leading to the burial rooms that would make them impossible to move without the force, or digging the whole site up.
  • Description:
    • A jungle moon orbiting an unnamed gas giant planet within a nebula. Its climate is tropical and wet. The nebula provides beautiful night sky buy cannot be seen during the day. The moon has many beautiful locations such as waterfalls, rivers and mountains.
16d20e98-9cce-412d-bab0-08a9e7f15528-Maya-Mountains-Belize-misty-sunrise-jungle-ss-large.jpg

POINTS OF INTEREST
  • Tomb of Salar
    • The only large man made structure on the moon is the burial location of Saint Salar. It is a pyramidal structure that has begun to fall into ruin over years. The main burial site is a central pyramid and there is a complex of other structures around it including smaller burial chambers of her original hand maidens. A small amphitheatre structure built for her funeral and a large open area, originally planet with thousands of flowers that have long since vanished.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Saint Salar was one of the first priests of Ashla and the first one to be declared a Saint. She increased the faith tenfold and spread the word about the galaxy. She was credited with many miraculous interventions.

Upon her death it was decided that she deserved a resting place that matched the beauty of her soul. The sages of Ashla had visions of a jungle moon, clouded in a bright nebula, looking out of the galaxy toward the rest of the universe.

The wayfarers found this location and named it Salar's rest. A great burial temple was built and thousands flocked to the month long festival to mark her passage. When the mourners left a small band of warrior priests remained to guard and tend to the shrine.

Since then the moon has faded into obscurity, its guardians long passed and its very existence only know to the true faithful with any certainty.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Hello there, Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana ! Hope your day is going well so far. I love the idea behind your submission, however there are a few things we need to address before I can approve this:

OOC Information | Please add N/A to Canon, Permissions, and Links if they don't apply to your submission.
Image Credit | I can't seem to find a source for the second picture you have of a jungle. For Codex submissions, every image must be credited. If you cannot link a source, the image will have to be removed and/or replaced with an image that you can properly source. You can always use TinyEye, Google Image Search, or the Image Credit FAQ to help you out.
Location | Please add a description of the moon's location below the picture you've attached. Something similar to "Location in the hex above [existing planet name]".
Accessibility | I'd like to see this field fleshed out a bit more. Are there any warriors in place there now to guard it? How is it protected from the locals? Is the tomb trapped to prevent graverobbing or disturbing the late saint or her handmaidens?

If you have any questions, need/want to make clarifications, or just want to let me know that the edits are completed, give me a tag and I'll give it another read through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom