Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Sal-Soren Saga

Disclaimer: Being willing to have your character die is not a requirement to be involved in the Sal-Soren Saga.

jtrViAp.png

Story themes
❂ grief
❂ love lost
❂ character death
❂ guilt
❂ bias
❂ prejudice
❂ meaningful beats
❂ hero's journey

❂ loss
❂ broken families
❂ tragedy
❂ finality

In 2012, an RP friend messaged me on MSN Messenger. Yeah. Old. Shush. “Hey, you wanna write the brother to the sister I will write with you? What are their names? What is their story?” We then spent hours spitballing ideas for names, faces and story arcs. You know, like you have done a million times as an RPer. I. Fell. In. Love. The characters we created became some of my favourites ever. We progressed quite well with Briana and Brandyn, but the inevitable happened, as so often does. OOC drama nipped the friends' excitement about the board we were on, and they fled to Chaos. I completely understood why, but Brandyn had just entered an amazing portion of his story which ultimately ended in OOC drama on the board burning me out on RP entirely. Fast forward to 2015. Another friend who had begun writing Briana and Brandyn's younger sibling on the other board (yay, Amz!), convinces me to come to Chaos finally. I decide that I am going to write this Sal-Soren story that I love, and it's going to be epic. BUT, I am going to start a generation earlier. Brave move. RL hit, I got busy, RP fell away, and frankly I was still wounded by what had happened previously (nothing to do with Amz btw, she is always the best).

Fast forward to 2020. I am back. Amz and I are polishing off the story for Teyla and Baros getting them together so they can make the babies that were the point of the story, and vavavoom, RP procreation takes place and we now have the Sal-Soren kids again. This time triplets, to speed up Blaire’s involvement in the story. Yes, a tad contrived. Liberties are needed to make this happen. I want to complete this story that was started in 2012 and restarted in 2015, and then again in 2020. I do not want to drag it out over a decade, or even five years. I would like to finish something I started.

I will essentially running this story like the Game Master, I will provide direction but not full control. My desire is that the characters involved will interact with plenty of people on the board so that there will be lots of repercussions for other characters to use for growth, or other not nice things in their own stories. Even if it does not become a meaningful thing to the board, it will be meaningful to me to accomplish this. And hopefully you will have fun, laugh, maybe cry and even more importantly fondly remember the story.

TL:dr - This story was born of a friend and I brainstorming one afternoon 9 years ago. 3 aborted attempts have been made to complete this story. It is the one thing in RP I want to do more than anything.

Using Character death to create meaningful emotional stakes for other characters.

Keeping each thread shorter, to the point, and leaving each with a sense of suspense, apprehension or emotional weight.

Shorter threads are more likely to be completed.
Completion of threads and arcs is the name of the game.

Tell micro-stories within the greater whole in 3-4 thread arcs, similar to the Clone Wars style of storytelling.

Setting the individual thread arcs in a structure of three ‘Episode’ arcs, each ending with one or more major character deaths.

The first arc being called Children of Shiraya.

This explores the rise of the Sal-Soren triplets, specifically focusing on Briana and Brandyn’s journey to becoming Jedi Knights, and heroes in their own right.
Arc ends with one character killing another character in order to save a third character...spoilers.

Explore complex emotions and relationships within the character's universe.

Have a definitive end point for the ‘Saga’ so that a sense of completion is created for the writers.

Understand that RL commitments are still priority and patience at all times is a virtue.

Ultimately leave characters with more rich and dramatic histories in the Saga’s wake.

Open communication about plotlines and directions, but keeping some of the bigger twists secret for the OOMF factor.

Flexibility in roles to allow the story to progress if one character is not able to continue, or be as consistent over a longer period of time.

TL:dr - RP writers are often too attached to their characters. I am keen to use character death as a tool to craft impactful narrative. Also, talk openly about plans so no one is surprised...with room for a little wow factor (with warning of impending wow).

Characters involved

Teylatest1.png

Teyla Ee’everwest (writer Amz)

Jedi, adopted into Ee’everwest clan, noblewoman, suvivor of horrific experiments, mother to the children
Barostest1.png

Baros Sal-Soren (writer HadionAla)

businessman, burgeoning politician, believe/organizer in The New Way, father of the children
Britest1.png

Briana Sal-Soren (writer Amz)

first born of the triplets, Force sensitive, headstrong, doesn’t want to be a Jedi but is more naturally gifted and will ultimately excel
nupbgq4.png

Brandyn Sal-Soren (writer HadionAla)

close second in birth, Force sensitive, Jedi fan boy, dreams of being a Jedi Knight when younger, is less naturally gifted, develops from awkward crushes to dramatic declarations of love.
nsizR2D.png

Blaire Sal-Soren (writer OPEN)

last born - delayed arrival but several minutes, not Force Sensitive, Daddy’s girl, loves Brandyn, clashes with Briana, will develop along unpredictable paths. May become antagonist.
RUSFKn9.png

Cybelle Elyance (writer Srina Talon)

grew up friends with Sal-Soren kids, became Jedi. Strained but ultimately affectionate relationship with Brandyn. Friends with Briana, but little in common with Blaire.

uYaiRMS.png

Eren Darkstar (writer Cas Tynan)

Burgeoning emotional connection with Briana over time. Activist zealot and all round stirrer of pots. Will likely clash with Baros, and meet the disapproving gaze of Teyla.
dMmvSMW.png

Jedi Master Valery Noble (writer Valery Noble)

Briana and Brandyn’s eventual Jedi Master. Patient, longsuffering, gentle and wise. All of this will be tested many, many times.
XzbgC9s.png

Velda Nar-Donna (writer Velda Nar-Donna)

child of former Glitterstim employee/dark side adept and a Dark Side obsessed noble, who both became obsessed with the Thistlebark Killer. They have trained and raised their daughter for a singular sinister purpose.
YOUR CHARACTER HERE

Happy to throw around ideas for to get your character into the pantheon of emotional turmoil

TL:dr - there are more character roles to fill, and some that will organically develop with interactions, but these grant a frame work to expand upon and push in a generally intended though losely arranged final destination.

CURRENT MAJOR PLOT DEVELOPMENT:
Establishing The New Way as an internal threat within CIS and potential threat elsewhere. [Note: this will not be a faction, just a narrative tool.]

TNW.png

What is The New Way?

It is the belief that non-Force User citizens of the galaxy have been trampled on for far too long by Force User types. The Sith enslave, and the Jedi are adored, but both feed a cycle of idolization and worship [hero worship and the other kind] that lead to 'the less blessed' being maimed, killed, imprisoned, abused and indoctrinated.

The New Way is a ground swell, an uprising of the 'Unblessed' that no longer want their destiny to be ruled by those fortunate enough in the genetic lottery to have a midi-chlorian count high enough to access a cosmic battery pack.

The current status of THE NEW WAY is a grassroots propoganda organisation. This will change.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. As part of your world building and writing, drop a mention of The New Way

2. Contact me about writing part of this story with me and the other writers involved.
3. Don't be afraid to write the end of your story.

My character is going to die if they are a part of this?
No. Unless you want them too? :) :D Please? Would you? I am doing it! It will be fun, honest!
Wait? So, aren't the kids babies right now?
Wobbly-wobbly-timey-wimey. You see nooooothing. Kids grow up SO fast these days. The pictures above are their adult selves. They will be written as older teens first.
Wait? So, you are old enough to have been RPing in 2012?
I love you. But I hate you.
Who are you?
I am just me. Not anyone particularly special.
Why should I care about this?
You don't have to.
So, this has nothing to do with the map game? I'm out!
See you later. I think you are just swell.
Is this all a shipping thing?
People have love lifes and relationships my friend. It is how babies happen. Well. In round about sorta way, but you know! This is not 'a shipping thing' but relationships are a part of it. But hell if they ain't gonna be twisted and mangled by the end of this.
Are you evil?
Most probably, yes.

Episode 1
Children of Shiraya

Infancy

Baptism of Fire
Childhood
So Echoes the Ghosts of the Past
A Day in the Life

Mid Teens
There's No War Here

Forbidden Knowledge
Then Buds the Ardor

Last edited:
Hello all.

This is an open invitation to anyone that would be interested in writing a member of the Sal-Soren trio. The writer that had planned to take on this role has come to the painful realization that their life's schedule does not allow for this at the moment.

The character in question is: Blaire Sal-Soren.

I am tempted to write her myself as the framework for her story lends itself to some really interesting and emotional moments.

Hit me up on Discord or DM if you are interested. I will send you the basic framework, you see if you can write within that, and offer me some ideas/significant indication that it is something you are willing to invest in, and we can get you on board!

<3

Cheers,
The Writer of Ala, Baros, Hadion, Rance and Brandyn

Hey there.

Just bumping this a little, and letting anyone that cares…(haha?)…know that I am back and looking to pursue this plot to completion still. Had a few things come up in my work life that meant I had to refocus for a while and just get the job at hand done. I have some more free time now though, and am hoping to focus primarily on this.

Seems like a few people that were to be involved in this have fallen away (no hard feelings at all, I totally get it). Let me know if you are interested assisting even with a single thread, or two…or something more significant.

Peace. Love. Hair Grease. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom