Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safety Pin

To boldly alchemize what no one alchemized before
"Yes, it can be cleaned. Just don't clean it with agents that can cause Force-light to be fired at it. There's nothing left to be done with the pin"

Now that Janick realizes that [member="Ra'a'mah"] can sense her emotions with next to no Force-energy expenditure, she knows it worked as intended. Also, Janick could sense that there were still some lingering questions about the frequency of the visits from food inspectors. They give no advance warning but the protective headgear, from Janick's standpoint, had to be worn only when working on the actual brewing. On planets that give advance warning prior to inspections, there were some of the more dishonest (or sometimes cash-strapped) manufacturers who would only keep the premises clean for the period of advance notice (or shorter if the facility is smaller and can be cleaned up in short order) but otherwise neglect maintenance or sanitation.

"Understandably, major producers get visits from food and sanitation inspectors more often than smaller ones, because they have a greater potential for public health problems. I have been visited once, but that was before the release of the Utai Ottegan Mead. You see, there are very, very limited productions of alchemized lum and mead so there are little risks I pose in the grand scheme of things. And inspections occur without any advance warning here on Utapau"

"Oh no, I wouldn't dream of cleaning with something like that!"

It was the first real show of emotion Ra gave to the woman. It didn't really extend beyond that of her voice, but the surprise Ra had at the suggestion would probably be clear to Janick. ​

"I feel some sanitary precautions should be taken within my own home, but since I wouldn't be selling items like you do, I don't think my facilities would be inspected."

This would imply she wasn't going to try to sell her services and instead use them for herself or for those she wanted to help.

"Can a non force user use these with similar effects?"

Ra didn't think so, but ​she didn't know.

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

"I believe NFUs can even use alchemized items that can enhance certain attributes, just that they shouldn't ask for attributes that have to do with consumption of Force-energy or directly enhance the Force-power rather than enhancing their effects without enhancing the power proper. A distinction needs to be drawn there"

There was a place for emotions, and there was a place for objectivity. At one point she had someone ask for an alchemical enhancement that allowed to reduce one's consumption of Force-energy, or to activate a turbo mode, whereby one's expenditure of Force-energy would be doubled when it is in use. [member="Ra'a'mah"] might have ulterior motives for even asking about the effects on NFUs, but the sanitary precautions Janick is taking are usually not asked of alchemists not doing food or pharmaceuticals, nor are health and sanitation inspections made on those people. Ra may have realized that Janick is subjected to more red tape than most alchemists, and that's precisely the sort of thing that befell Mirai Confectionery, which also dealt in alchemical foodstuffs.

"Any other questions?"

The question was answered and Ra nodded. It made perfect sense to the sith and now she knew how to perform alchemy, would be able to assist those she wanted to. Just a small start in a way to building a foundation to grow up from. The woman asked if Ra had any further questions, but she had none at the moment.

"I do not, Ms. Beauchamp. If I think of any though, I will certainly ask you or try to find the answer out on my own."

She would rather hear it from Janick herself, but sometimes communication would get delayed and if she needed an answer right away, she would have to look it up.

"Is there anything else you need from me?"

Ra meant beyond the payment for the services Janick provided she hoped the woman would understand.

[member="Janick Beauchamp"]

"Oh no, nothing beyond the payment"

Billing was a delicate topic. It was much more straightforward for the food products where there was a set price per bottle. But the level of customization required for talismanic objects is the main source of complication here. Even alchemized pins would be costing up to 10,000 credits, and Sith swords can even cost much more, because of the need to outsource the base blades: beskar ones need to be shipped in from Coruscant or Dxun (even though the beskar itself has to come from somewhere else). [member="Ra'a'mah"] will be a little surprised by the pin's bill, which Janick promptly hands over to Ra; she knew it was better not to talk about financing just yet. The maid was responsible for managing the clients that paid for their alchemical stuff using financing plans as well as keeping the castle in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom