Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Round Two

sith-red.png

The last time they'd met, there was quite the fight. Were they friends? Allies? Enemies? Just acquaintances? Alina truthfully wasn't sure. Her fractured memory was slowly coming together as she recovered from her resurrection. But there was no time to take it slow, take it easy. She needed to know where she stood with others. She needed allies and support. Especially in this new growing Empire under Empyrean. And, well, if she was honest; pirates were often the best to look to for missing artifacts.

And she had quite a few from her own family vault.

It was a trip across the galaxy. From Dromund Kaas all the way to Mustafar of all places, but that's where she learned the Cathar Sith she'd been seeking was setting up for her own endeavors. Ideal timing. It was always best to meet someone with something to offer. If, perhaps, they got to the talking point. A part of Alina was just eager to make sure they knew which of the two of them was the strongest. She didn't know herself, but she certainly had no intention of being the weaker.

"Remain with the ship, Vincent."

"Of course, my lady."

The older looking human bent his head in respect. Her ever faithful butler of a Sangnir, even dressed the part in truth. The ship landed, and Alina stepped down the ramp alone with a smile wide on her face. This was going to be a lot more fun than she'd honestly admit.

Khamesi Aivar Khamesi Aivar

Khamesi and a mass of her highest ranking officers were busy in a meeting when Alina and her ship first arrived. While Khamesi sent word that Alina was to be let in, she couldn't end the meeting early just for something unexpected as the arrival of an old...rival? Friend? Friendly Rival? Whatever Alina was. Instead she continued to stare at the projection of the icy world her scouts had managed to locate, seemingly a previously unscouted, and as such, untapped world right on the borders of the new Empire. If she captured and commanded this world, she could no longer be looked down upon as someone clinging to the edges of Sith space, though it was still only those that did not know her or fools that di so at this point.

At the center surrounding the table with her were her three commanders, Zhardev the massive, muscled Hutt that would be left in charge of the blockade and inital engagement of the planets paltry space defenses. Izirin the Pantoran who was the most important of the three to be at this meeting, as she had complied the scouting reports and other information and was presenting it to let everyone else formulate the plan. Finally was the Lepi named Latte, by far the least imposing figure currently in the room, but her cybernetic legs let her move at incredible speeds. Khamesi pointed to the main capital as she finished the briefing.

"...and once we have a full blockade, I will lead our most veteran soldiers to assualt their central assembly while Latte directs forces to hit every military location in the city at once. Remember, this is a decapitation strike, destroy the positions and move on, do not occupy, and do not engage civilians unless they engage you first."

The entire reason Mustafar had been chosen was because it was the nearest industrial world to their target, it's factories were partially being used to reinforce the typically lightly armed pirates with additional droids and vehicles to allow them to engage in proper ground warfare. Further they were still waiting for the most distant pieces of the Ash Dragons to arrive, and the last of the food and ammunition to be shipped to them. The rest of this meeting would just be going over contengincies and emergency situations, the bulk of the planning had been finished by the time Alina would even make it to the room,

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

sith-red.png

"You're certainly making waves now."

Alina smiled ever so faintly as she stepped into the room, looked about the various screens with a curious glint in her eyes. It was an assault, wasn't it? Not of something she knew, at least. What, she wasn't even sure of from a cursory glance. A pirate invading a world. Khamesi had certainly grown in the Sangnir's time away. She raised a hand in greeting, "How have you been. Khamesi?" Despite her friendly tone, there was still the unspoken eagerness in her voice.

Alina couldn't hide her love for a fight, even now after death had long tempered her soul.

Khamesi looked up as Alina finally made it to the room and backed away from the table, letting her commanders take over what was left of the briefing. She was after all no longer needed for such small details. Zhardev reflexivly reached for the massive axe he carried, but Khamesi stopped him which prompted Latte to put her pistols away as well. Both were always ready for a fight, even against Sith, it was part of why they had landed their positions under Khamesi.

"Well, now that I have the forces for some real prizes. What of you, Alina?"

Some of the officers in the room shuffled uncomfortably, putting distance between the two as Khamesi walked closer to Alina, the tension in the air becoming practically palpable. Khamesi knew Alina was unpredictable and wild, though they had had few real encounters. She knew rumors of what had happened since they had last met, but she'd been busy in that time herself. Especially now that she was Darth Tormenta, and had claimed the title of a Sith Lady.

sith-red.png

"Better, now that I can breathe real air." Death was, as always, a humbling equalizer. She kept a calm smile on her face, looked up towards the much taller woman as she walked closer. "Your followers are quite on edge. Their heartbeats are pounding. Gripping weapons. Is that anyway to treat a guest? It almost feels like they're expecting me to fight them. Should I be worried, Khamesi?"

"They are well acquainted with our last meeting Alina, and my best officers are always ready for a fight. The others are still to green when it comes to Sith, so they fear you being here."

It was natural to fear a Sith, most in this room feared Khamesi herself as much as they respected her. It was a fine balance to keep, but she managed it so far. Khamesi smiled.

"So yes, they're expecting a fight, but if one breaks out I don't expect them to get involved. I expec them to leave and regroup elsewhere while I do the fighting. Even if I die, they know what they must do."

sith-red.png

"You expect a fight with me, and to the death no less?"

That got a laugh. Khamesi was prepared for just about anything now. But, well. Alina wasn't here to kill her. She'd of come in far more violently if that was the case. Instead, she found herself a seat to calmly sit in, motioned for the Cathar to do the same.

"Later, for certain. I am eager to see how you've progressed. But I've come for business. And at a good time, no less." She turned her red eyes up towards the woman, letting her smile grow further.

"How would you like more ships?"

"Can you blame me? You're you, a Sith, and the last time we met, you threw fists almost immeditely. Besides, after the whole Tsis'kaar war, I fully expect not everyone is comfortable with me escaping from it without a price on my head. People that could send other Sith after me."

Khamesi grabbed a seat and got as comfortable as she could without being to relaxed. She didn't really trust Alina, but then they'd only really met the one time, and she hardly trusted anyone, except maybe her inner circle and Dima. The offer of ships however was one she was curious about, she narrowed her eyes at it though.

"How many, and what will it cost me and mine?"

Khamesi didn't seem to be the type to fit in with the Tsis'kaar, or Sith as a whoel really, given she was blunt and to the point, at least whenf meeting face to face. It was her management of her fleet, and her growing spy network that had shown her as having value beyond being a powerful Sith in her own right.

sith-red.png

"I'm not someone's hound, you know. If Lord Empyrean took issue with you, he'd send his Wrath. Or at least a fleet of some kind, who would just come here alone?"

Though, she wasn't necessarily alone. Sensors would go off as a fleet of ships would actually arrive, dropping from Hyperspace just above. Not many, only three cruisers, but given Alina's calm expression she had expected them.

"Depends on how much you have to offer. I am willing to sell the trio above for a substantial discount. They've quite the range. They'll support the rest of your ships rather easily. But this.. Invasion you have planned. Whatever the planet, when you take it I would like a portion of land large enough to build a facility for further development of these sorts of ships and technologies. Of course whatever is made you'll have first pick provided you buy them for their intended value." Another outpost for Aurora Industries would do well, especially if this world was one that was untapped by such companies. Asides, Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf had never turned down her expansion efforts yet.

"And, if you'd like more ships for whatever it is you have planned, I can arrange more to arrive. What's more, you're a pirate. And there are some.. Jobs I'd need done. Those jobs can also be used as payment if that is enticing."

Last edited:
Khamesi examined the readout on the ships coming into the system. Aurora Industries, much of her inital fleet had been bought with a loan from Aurora Industries, she knew the line well. Of course, they were a bit slow by her tastes, she tried to keep her fleet fast, suited for raiding, but that kind of firepower would always be useful for a planetary invasion, and defense. Plus, having heavier ships in her back pocket was never a bad thing. The issue came down to the land request.

"Land might be difficult, I was intending to preserve much of the natural beauty of the planet for personal reasons, and instead focus it's heavy industry in orbit or on one of it's twin moons. One of them has scarce natural resources of any kind, and thus has little reason to build anything there besides mining of common elements, or industrial applications. I can arrange for one or two of the building sectors to be earmarked for Aurora Industries, but land on the planet for anything beyond research is currently a no go."

She had other reasons for this of course, mostly not culture bombing the new species by suddenly planting outside populations and industries into their major cultural and population centers. The second was the numerous hot springs were, with development, perfect for resorts, and possibly even a military academy at some point, and she didn't want heavy industry to close to any of that.

"I had intended to begin work on a number of small orbital shipyards as well, we could also arrange one such area for Aurora use. However there is the possible issue of another company that has already put funding into this conquest, Fojanah Heavy Productions, I doubt they would mind competition, but what of AI?"

Khamesi conviently left out the part hwere she had near total control of FHP, though her name didn't appear anywhere on any of it's documents. That was one of the reasons for this invasion, she had wanted shipyards for FHP away from the prying eyes of hundreds if not thousands of other corporations and the political oversight of being so close to the capital.

"As for jobs, we're always open to jobs, if submitted through the right back channels. Course, me or my commanders can accept them directly as well, it just depends on the details."

sith-red.png

"I never said it had to be on world." Moons, space stations. Both worked fine. The more systems she could get built, the better in her mind. All so she could increase her Master's influence. And her own, of course. "Competition makes for a healthy economy. Though, research?"

Alina's smile widened as she leaned forward. That hadn't been in mind, if only because she didn't know the world in question. But to suggest research?

"Give us reseach rights. Preserving the world is something I can agree with."

Then, she shrugged. Leaned back rather comfortably. Relaxex.

"There are crime lords that took advantage of the fall of the Empire. They stole artifacts that I want returned."

"Always need somewheren to test new designs and weapons, long as it isn't on a large scale it's another envrioment to test them in. Planet is cold and wet, hard on equipment. Not as hard as a swamp or jungle, but survivng here is always a good start."

Khamesi narrowed her eyes at the mention of artificats. Sith, Jedi. or any other force tradition, artificats being in undescerning or uneducated hands typically led to disaster. Plus, if they got their hands on some artificats, chances are that others that aren't the targets could be found as well. It was one resource Khamesi was sorely lacking. They were monopolized by older, more powerful Sith or heirs of such bloodlines. It makes it difficult to get your hands on them, and Khamesi was no great sorcerer or alchemist, making one was beyond her without owing someone, and she disliked owing anyone.

"We could be persuaded to hunt crime lords, yes."

sith-red.png

"That would be the deal. You know as well as I that untrained hands should not have those artifacts. Return them to me so they might be used by the correct hands. Not mine, of course. I'm still learning how best to use them myself. But on Kaas, the Temple I've made, they will know not only how to use them, but replicate. That's my goal for now, the replication of artifacts for the betterment of the Order."

And to make money for her Master, but that was the purpose of the land and the ships.

"Whatever you bring, we give you the first replication. Or the original if it can't be replicated but it is something you can use. What do you say?"

Khamesi crossed her arms as she considered her options. She had few allies, but also few enemies at the moment. On the other hand she needed to give herself a stroner powerbase. Her connections in the underworld, between her pirates, smugglers, and her growing spy ring across the outer rim were one thing, but more resources to take and hold a world for herself was another. An entire planet, it's population serving her whims and desires before the rest of the Sith, now that...that would give her amuch more stable power base. Plus, she could even make them loyal to her first and the rest of the Sith second, and what Alina was offering would make this path easier, though she was certain she could already do it.

"Yes, it's a deal."

She answered finally. This would earn her enemies, but so would claiming a world for herself. Already there were plenty that didn't like that she had claimed the title of a Sith Lord, especially given few of them understood where her value to the Order even came from, only seeeing land and political power as currency. Soon they'd see why she was one to watch, and fear.

sith-red.png

"Perfect. The land rights will pay for the ships above. I assume you don't need anyone to pilot these ships from me, yes? Tell me where to have the current crew drop them off and they shall."

That would be the easiest solution. Alina stood, stepped over, extending a hand with the casual smile she always wore.

"To new alliances, mm? Perhaps something more than dealings for artifacts will be available in the future."

"They can have them join my fleet collecting in orbit, rounding up a crew won't take us long."

Khamesi said as she rose to her feet to shake Alina's hand. She didn't trust the vampire, but she needed allies and resources, and this was the first offer she'd gotten that wasn't just a thinly veiled insult or posturing, usually both. She didn't know what had killed Alina, or how she'd come back, but she'd have ot start digging now that they were dealing with each other again. Information was a power all it's own, and she needed some on enemy and ally alike, and soon.

"We'll see where things go after this, yes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom