Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough draft of Ranks & Promotions Rules

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A Trust System?: & Probing the Peanut Gallery

The Faction Leader - To simplify with the Devil's own tongue. The Faction with the most Rank 3 Characters wins. Thus it is in the Faction Leaders best interest to promote everybody. Do you trust the Faction Leader to put the community first and use good sense?

The Mentor - The mentor might never turn another characters name in for approval. Or decide that another character is never ready. Someone might get the silent treatment. Or they might just be so chummy that the mentor puts the promotion forward immediately. Do you trust the Mentor to put the community first and use good sense?

The Roleplay Judge - Appointed by the Administration to put the community first and use good sense. Do you trust that you made the right decision?

___

So? Did you notice who the intended audience was here? Was it you? Mmm. Or, was it the Administration? ...Haha. Another question. Is basing the first draft of the promotion system on Trust really the best way to go? Hmm. I wonder? ...Well then. I'll ask.

You. Reader! ...Yes you! Behind the screen. Well? Out with it! ...What do you think?

Yes to all of the applicable questions, and I specifically stated that the community is the audience intended.

This has been thought through and is close to being finalized. If you oppose it, Karen, others reading... This is your only chance to say so before the rules are implemented.

And if you do oppose it, please supply your suggestion for how it could be better implemented. The Roleplay Judges & I are taking notes. ;)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Teferi Efreet said:
Yes to all of the applicable questions,
Haha. Well there you have it folks! After a grueling and deeply personal interview with the Administration, we have the answers. The Administration trusts you! Haha. Isn't that awesome! Way to go people. You've earned it. :D

And I have got to say? It is so hard to find staff that likes and enjoys the people they write with, let alone trusts them. It is such a blessing to see such a fine group of Mods and Administrators. Willing to put a little faith back in the people. Heck yeah! Way to go. Man... I can't say it enough. You guys rock!

So yeah? I approve. Not only of letting the promotions be based on trust and cooperation, but also of even thinking that such an insane idea would ever be possible on the Internet. Wow! Seriously. This is such a special place. Thanks Teferi for being brave.

Thanks for trusting, us.

I promise! We won't let you down! Yippee! :D :) :D :)

In the event that there are not enough active Masters or Knights to train IC and assess the readiness of potential Knights within a Faction, does the administration have another avenue in mind for the Apprentice's reviewing? A key example would be the current status of the Jedi Order, where we have three Jedi Masters: one whom is woefully inactive, one who owns and operates this wonderful site, and one who has just returned from hiatus. We also have only two Knights, with only one of them being active (as opposed to TSE's vast assortment of Masters :) )

In a situation like this, does the administration have an alternative process by which the Apprentices' names can be submitted and reviewed? (My own personal thought is that, it falls upon the faction leadership's shoulders to keep an eye on the progress of the members within said faction and that person would have a decent idea of where each candidate stands. As such, in an event like this, it falls upon the faction head to submit the name to an RPJ for reviewing, since we can't have biased picks or anything like that, and then the candidate can be promoted. I'm not saying that the respective faction leaders would make biased picks of course, at present, but in the future more factions may arise where the selections will be based upon popularity and not an honest concern for the wellbeing of the Faction and the site as a whole.)

Anyways, that's my two cents.

The idea was to make the avenue easier for promotion to Knight, with less checks and balances.

"Role-play Judges can stand in for Faction Leaders" will be written into the Apprentice to Knight rules, but only if your Faction Leader is unavailable/inactive.

The idea is for this community to keep itself honest. There is no harm in quietly reporting suspicion of foul play/corruption to the Roleplay Judges and myself. In the event that a FL begins to abuse his or her powers, warnings will be issued, and punishments dealt. This is a bit extreme to say this early, but when you create a Faction here, it stops being your idea when you hit that button and becomes the community's. Faction Leaders will notice they can't just delete their Factions - it requires approval. They'll also realize that we can remove them from power in the event of breaking rules here at the site. If we have that happen at a more popular faction, I'll ask the member base to vote on a new Faction Leader.

Again, extreme, but I just wanted to point out how much a Faction Leader has to lose if he/she abuses the system we've put forth.

In the case of the Jedi, Jor, I have been trying to get involved with as many of the members as possible to try and get some people promoted. Now I am not saying I am just going to go around and hand out promotions, but we are obviously at a disadvantage when compared to TSE, and we need to get our numbers up a little bit just so we can compete. In my head, with the state of the Jedi, promotions would be a bit easier and make more sense IC wise to give out a few at a time like this. So I am trying to step up and help out.

I hate to take a hard line against this, but these rules are going to become considerably more strict if you guys continue to focus on competition, and not the writer's skill level or maturity when Roleplaying, as a reason to promote.

This isn't a game you win by getting more Knights on the chess board. Train, both OOC and IC, if you want to be a competitive Faction Leader. Train, train, train.

That is what I meant by getting involved with as many characters as possible. I am not saying I am going to hand out promotions like candy. What I meant was that, IC, promotions would be easier because of the lack of members. I understand what you are saying and I just worded it a bit wrong is all.

Yeah, it's understandable, but you're not the only one feeling a little competitive. It's all good to BE competitive, but Faction Leaders will be held to a higher level of responsibility with these new rules regarding competition and ranks. We should remember we're here to write stories and have fun, not win a game. It's a fine line, I know, and hard to balance the idea as we go about roleplaying.

So I can't advance as a neutral knight without a master ? That ruins me as a hired lightsaber ;(
What if I participate in a lot of threads and candidate myself for a Knight to a RJ who would then decide if I am approved or denied ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom