Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Rose Goblins

Status
Not open for further replies.
vdPBDf.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To expand on the local fauna and lore of Endelaan.
  • Image Credit: X
  • Canon: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Links: n/a
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Rose Goblins
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient
  • Origins: Endelaan
  • Average Lifespan:
    • Domesticated Rose Goblin: +/- 20 years
    • Feral Rose Goblin: +/- 13 years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary
  • Description: Rose Goblings are flowery Sithspawn. They look like cats, but instead of fur, have a mass of little rose thorns and branches. Their teeth and claws are sharp (sharper than your average cat), and their big eyes do not glisten in the dark.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I - Breathable
  • Average height of adults:
    • Male: 20-25cm
    • Female: 23-27cm
  • Average length of adults:
    • Male: 30-35cm from head to butt, not including the tail
    • Female: 33-38cm from head to butt, not including the tail
    • Tail: tails can range between 15 to 35cm, regardless of the Rose Goblin's sex.
  • Skin color: No one has actually de-branched a Rose Goblin because that's just mean, but if some butthole tried, they would discover that what serves as skin for the Rose Goblins is in the color of wet mud.
  • Hair color: The thorns that make the "fur" of the Rose Goblins can include a plethora of hues of grays, browns, and greens.
  • Distinctions:
    • Thorny: Can be petted only in very specific ways, otherwise the thorns will bite.
    • Eyes come in the color of roses; pink, yellow, purple, white, red, etc.
  • Races: n/a
  • Force Sensitivity: All
STRENGTHS
  • Rose Goblins are Sithspawn, and have a limited ability to use the Force. These are the powers they can use:
  • Despite their thorns, they are so adorably cute!
  • Their thorns protect them from most natural predators.
WEAKNESSES
  • The Rose Goblins diet is very limited, as they can only eat very specific flowers that can only be found on Endelaan. Without their flowers, the Rose Goblins will dry out and die in a span of two weeks.
  • The Rose Goblins cannot survive space travel, as they are anchored to Endelaan itself. Attempts have been made. After five hours in space, they dry out and die.
  • The Rose Goblins require some humidity in the air, and cannot survive for long in arid climates.
  • Rose Goblins breed very slowly. A Rose Goblin couple has an average of 2.05 offspring.
  • Rose Goblins are extremely monogamous creatures. If one of the pair dies, the other one will wither and die shortly after.
  • Rose Goblins do not do well in urban areas. They need a lot of nature around them to be happy, even if they sleep in a human home.
  • The Rose Goblins' Phase is limited to 1.5 meters.
  • The Rose Goblins' Force Speed is limited to 20 seconds, after which they must wait at least 5 minutes before performing it again.
  • Since the Rose Goblins' fur is actually branches and thorns, they are highly flammable, especially when old and drying up. Keep away from fire.
  • The Rose Goblins can easily be detected by Force Users due to their Darkside aura. They do not enjoy games of hide and seek with FU's.
  • Rose Goblins tend become lethargic if they have been out of the sun for more than a few days.
  • A blast of Force Light can kill these lovely Rose Goblins. Please don't do that to them.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Rose Goblins can only eat a certain flower that can be found on Endelaan.
  • Communication: Rose Goblins communicate through a series of hisses, meow's, licks, nuzzling, rubbing on things, rubbing on each other, and leaving dead rodents and birds in unexpected places. Rose Goblins also mark territories with their scents.
  • Technology level: as tech-less as it comes
  • Religion/Beliefs: The Rose Goblins believe that they are gods. Why else are the humans taking such good care of them?
  • General behavior:
    • Social: Rose Goblins are very social creatures. They can often be found in pairs or more, or on the occasion that a Rose Goblin in alone, they will turn to humans to demand worship and attention.
    • Grooming: Rose Goblins spend quite a lot of time grooming themselves and each other, as little insects and dirt have a tendency to get stuck in their thorn-fur.
    • Demanding: What do you mean you're in the middle of cooking dinner? Pet me, feed me, groom me, play with me, NOW!
    • Territorial: While most Rose Goblins get along well with each other, they're very territorial against other non-human animal species.
    • Lullabies: They're suckers for the lullabies that are sung on Endelaan, and tend to get violent when someone attempts to sing them songs from different cultures. They can always tell the difference.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Rose Goblins were created by the Queen of Endelaan, Nessarose deWinter Nessarose deWinter , prior to the Gulag years. Nessarose had experienced much with Sith Alchemy, having created an Evil Droid of Candy Floss before as well as a species of miniature angels and demons (that have since died out since she forgot to give them reproductive abilities). When her other half, King Diomedes Antares asked her why, her only reply was “because I can make them so cute!”.

The first version of the Rose Goblins included less thorns, and actual roses that grew on of their fur. They were also much smaller, almost mouse-sized. However, these creatures were incredibly weak, and died because of various causes before a single season was over.

For the second version, Nessarose increased their size and attuned them closer to the Force, hoping that would increase their ability to survive. However, due to this or other miscalculation, every Rose Goblin decided to plant themselves after 21 days of living and turn into a sentient rose bush. These rose bushes became dangerous, attacking people on sight and trying to bring several structures down, and had to be completely eradicated. Fire was good for them.

The third version was the successful one. Out of ideas on what to do, Nessarose began to randomly toss things together, ending up with something that looked like a cat, had no flowers, but could actually survive without trying to kill humans or destroy cities. She even remembered to give the reproductive abilities this time around. Satisfied, the Queen nodded her head, and went to sleep the Gulag off together with her family.

The Rose Goblins on Endelaan were treated as a curious thing at first. The memory of the psycho-bushes was still new at the time, and most Rose Goblins had to learn how to live in the Endelaan wilds since no one wanted them as pets. The only place that kept domesticated Rose Goblins was the Forbidden Temple, as all creations of the Queen were held to on a near-sacred level there.

It took three generations before the local population began to see the Rose Goblins as potential house pets. They were good at keeping rodents out of food stocks, they purred delightfully, and although they didn’t sprout flowers of their own, the locals believed that having a Rose Goblin would increase the growth of their home crops and pretty plants (they don’t, but it’s a nice thing to let people hold on to their positive superstitions).

It’s been seven hundred years since the Rose Goblins were created. It’s rare to find a home on Endelaan that does not have at least two of them. The forests of Endelaan still have the feral Rose Goblins, but they generally live in harmony with the rest of the fauna, and don’t attack unless threatened. Due to the very good care they have received over the centuries, the Rose Goblins have come to see themselves as Gods, and expect to be fed and cuddled by everyone.

Last edited:
[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Hello there,

First, just to clarify these originally started out as felines that were spliced with plants?

These don't really read as sentient creatures. Seems like semi sentient would be more fitting.

On the Force powers. The phasing is too strong, and Force Sense is a Light Side ability (you could probably slot in something like general precognition, a similar ability). Force Speed might be okay if you can provide another significant weakness. Speaking of weaknesses, Force Light should be listed as one as these are Sith Spawn.

On the weakness related to space travel, do you mean through vacuums or on a vessel?

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Jyoti Nooran said:
First, just to clarify these originally started out as felines that were spliced with plants?
Didn't really think about that technical aspect, but yes, we could go with that one. Should I edit it in?

Jyoti Nooran said:
These don't really read as sentient creatures. Seems like semi sentient would be more fitting.
Done.

Jyoti Nooran said:
The phasing is too strong,
Added a limitation to it. I hope this will be good enough to keep the phasing in, I really love the idea of them spooking some people with it :)

Jyoti Nooran said:
Force Sense is a Light Side ability (you could probably slot in something like general precognition, a similar ability).
Force Sense being LS is a new thing to me. I checked the Wookie and of course you are right as per the new canon. I've looked into Precognition, but it's not exactly what I'm going for.

What I wanted to do was have these lovely Rose Goblins be attuned in such a way that they know when someone is working through the Force and generally be able to sense stuff through it, not just danger.

Would it be acceptable if I added (Legends) to the Force Sense mention, since this was not limited to LS there? If not, are there other options that could work?

Jyoti Nooran said:
Speaking of weaknesses, Force Light should be listed as one as these are Sith Spawn.
Done.

Jyoti Nooran said:
On the weakness related to space travel, do you mean through vacuums or on a vessel?
Vessel. No one has thought/attempted of vacuum.

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Scherezade deWinter said:
Force Sense being LS is a new thing to me. I checked the Wookie and of course you are right as per the new canon. I've looked into Precognition, but it's not exactly what I'm going for. What I wanted to do was have these lovely Rose Goblins be attuned in such a way that they know when someone is working through the Force and generally be able to sense stuff through it, not just danger. Would it be acceptable if I added (Legends) to the Force Sense mention, since this was not limited to LS there? If not, are there other options that could work?
Yes, this is fine.

Added a limitation to it. I hope this will be good enough to keep the phasing in, I really love the idea of them spooking some people with it
In addition to placing some limitations on the use of Force Phasing and Force Speed, I would like to see some new weaknesses offsetset the use of these abilities, particularly the phasing. You do have several weaknesses listed, but the problem is that there aren't very many that can be immediately exploited in an encounter with one of these critters.

Here's some example of some of the kinds of weaknesses I'm looking for. As it's partly plant-based, you could do something like making the creature flammable and/or weak in the face of heat, or lethargic while in the dark. Sithspawn usually have some kind of dark aura on them, maybe this becomes more easily detected during the active use of their abilities.

Vessel. No one has thought/attempted of vacuum.
Would you say this is a consequence of their method of creation as Sithspawn, anchored to the planet?

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Jyoti Nooran said:
In addition to placing some limitations on the use of Force Phasing and Force Speed, I would like to see some new weaknesses offsetset the use of these abilities, particularly the phasing. You do have several weaknesses listed, but the problem is that there aren't very many that can be immediately exploited in an encounter with one of these critters. Here's some example of some of the kinds of weaknesses I'm looking for. As it's partly plant-based, you could do something like making the creature flammable and/or weak in the face of heat, or lethargic while in the dark. Sithspawn usually have some kind of dark aura on them, maybe this becomes more easily detected during the active use of their abilities.
Added all of this into the weaknesses.

Jyoti Nooran said:
Would you say this is a consequence of their method of creation as Sithspawn, anchored to the planet?
Sure. Added this in as well.

:)

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

These guys are pretty cute, if only they could survive off the planet.

There are just a few things I need to bring to your attention before I can approve this submission.

1) Image Credit

The Image Link takes me to a store page, however I am unable to find the exact image which you used. Could you please link directly to the image's page in the store.

2) Force Sensitivity

You have missed out the force sensitivity field from the Physical Information, which is particularly important since you do mention in your strengths and weaknesses that the Rose Goblins are force sensitive. Could you please add that and complete that field.

Please tag me back when you have completed these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom