Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Romund's Zossi Asteroid Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
C52T5s_XMAI8OpX.jpg

Exterior

47a6abcb89fc295bf133f7dddfdc555b.jpg

Interior

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Asteroid Base (Military station)
  • Length: 5,000 meters
  • Width: 1,000 mters
  • Height: 1,000 mters
  • Armament: Average
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Hangar Space: Low
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: 10 squadrons
    • Support Craft: 5 squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
  • Speed Rating: Very Low
  • Hyperdrive: Class 3 Hyperdrive
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • Simple Design and easy maintenance
  • Strong "Hull"
  • Self Sufficient
WEAKNESSES
  • Low Tech
  • Virtually Stationary in combat
DESCRIPTION
After joining the ranks of the Warlords of the Sith as a vassal for Siqsa Kun on the Faarlsun System Romund was given the reigns over parts of the Zossi Asteroid Belt in the solar system that separates the first two orbiting planets. From this Romund carved out one such well fitting asteroid. Hollowing it out cylindrically in the center to work and created an inhabited zone within the hollowed out inner walls of the asteroid. Through a series of tractor beams and engines the asteroid was made to rotate. Using the Force generated from the rotation of it as a simple yet efficient artificial gravity. Although the station does have extra artificial gravity generators those are incase of emergencies if the rotation stops. As the rotational force is considered more energy efficient on the asteroid base's systems.

The followed out inside as a healthy little temperate ecosystem inside of it. Made to be rather highly modular. Currently the station is to function not only as fairly self sufficient but also as a moderate agricultural hub for within the system it's in. Easily turning the internal land inside as a large cylindrical farm. Running thought he center of the inside of the base is a rather large fusion reactor meant to function as an artificial sun to help with climate control and plant growth. For additional production craft and launch from the base to harvest raw materials from the neighboring asteroids. Such as ice for water or even useful metals for trade.

Currently the base is really only operated by droids, AI and subservient, Non Force-Sensitive clones of Romund to aid in the functioning of the habitats farms and mechanical systems. For defense the base is equipped with several hangers in which starfighters, typical droid star fighters, can launch from in defense of the base. While several point defense batteries line the outside of the asteroid. The "Hull" if you can even all it that is many tens if not even hundreds of meters thick of asteroid rock. Considering that it uses the outer rock as a protective shell to not need to worry as much from assaults and even just micro impacts from other possibly asteroids if that were to occur. This gives the base a great deal of external protection while also being equipped with some very basic and rather weak shielding. Although designed with the possibility of combat in mind with some military grade hardware this is not really meant for battle. More so to fight off the petty pirate army if need be. All in all this a functionally a private base of operations for Romund Sro, a kingdom of one, considering most if not all other organics stationed there are clones of himself.

Last edited:
Romund Sro Romund Sro

I quite like the idea, but as it stands something will need to be done in regards to the length. As per the current Templates, military vessels may only be as large as seven kilometres if they are a Super Star Destroyer or Dreadnought, regulated in their own section of the Factory Rules. This clearly does not seem to be your intent (indeed, WOTS has access to neither at the moment). I have proposed several solutions below.​
  • You may lower the longest measurement (in this case the length) to five kilometres. As an added benefit this would also be acceptable for a Minor Faction or Company, allowing you to retain the station even should the Warlords go Minor at some point in the future.​
  • You may convert this into a civilian station, altering the Template appropriately (see Hangar Space) and removing all starfighters/armaments, with the possible exception of point defence cannons and the like, which are typically permitted.​
Once that is resolved, there are still some minor issues to look at.​
  • Your Hangar Space should have a rating and the Hangar Allocation should never hold more squadrons than the Hangar Space permits. How many are permitted will vary based on your decision in regards to the above - Civilian Stations may be kept quite vague, whereas Military ones should have a clear-cut rating. For a five-kilometre station, a rating of Very Low would give you up to 12, of which at least five must be Support Craft, as determined by the "Base" value. Since this submission is very underpowered you may easily raise this as high as 50.​
  • Since you are already making edits, I would suggest linking the Warlords of the Sith and your own bio in Manufacturer/Affiliation instead of the Links part. This is what is actually intended, but so long as the links are present I don't consider it an obstacle for approval.​
Once all of the above is looked at, I will happily approve this. To be clear, underbalanced submissions are not an issue - I often quite like them!​

AMCO AMCO

Hey, just got around to looking this over once more

You'd be right in saying that this was clearly not intended to be some kind of SSD or Dreadnought. More so to be designed as a particularly large military space station. And military more so in the sense that it's got military grade hardware on some aspects and can fend for itself in some regards.

Because of that I lowered the max length to 5 kilometers or 5,000 meters. That way as you said I could manage to keep in the case the faction goes minor which considering the lore I have in mind for this Would be the kind of thing Romund would plan for. I generally too don't care for making very powerful submissions. As part of this is more for standard RP rather than CRP, and to get it approved so that I can write out the lore in the codex afterwards. But on that case I did increase the squadron count by about 5 I think. Just so that I has more of a carrier aspect to it since I kind of like that for this.

Again I don't really mind this being underpowered since I don't really care about milking out it's power rating as a unique vessel. I more so just wanted a to make an interesting asteroid base with nomadic properties since I feel like those are under used in SW

Romund Sro Romund Sro

Excellent, thank you. Nothing whatsoever wrong with making an underbalanced submission - I fully support a focus on RP possibilities over trying one's darndest to appear as powerful as possible. A Low Hangar Space rating at this size would provide twenty squadrons, not fifteen, but there's nothing wrong with carrying less than that; I'll assume it's intentional since you could have raised it as high as fifty if you wished.​

Approved - looking forward to seeing it used, should make an interesting setting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom