Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roleplay Discussion Forum Changes

I have removed the "Looking for Players" and "Looking for GM" prefixes, and they are no longer available. They were meant only for use when advertising Campaigns, but it's obvious that confusion ran rampant and caused misuse. As they were both aesthetically unpleasing to the eye when viewing the forum, they have been removed and will not see a return.

The Roleplay Discussion forum is a forum that I've long wanted to fix in terms of filtering content. We had an announcement a while back about filtering content to it's appropriate place on the forum, and the Staff team continues to have discussions on how to filter this content. It's our job to continue to make the community more efficient in filtering content, and it's our job to make this filter as un-intrusive as possible to your experience.

With that said, there will be some more changes in the future concerning this forum. If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions, as always, please post them in this thread.

This thread will be heavily moderated.

Well, Looking For Players is a nice thing to have for people making new open threads. Though I suppose anything being posted in here is likely by default "looking for players." So, change makes sense.

Looking For Players was meant for Gamemasters who were creating Campaigns, but over time it got misused and confused for the purpose you just stated.

If you're advertising a public role-play, you mark the discussion as "public", and if you want people to join you in a private roleplay, you mark the role-play private.

Darren Onyx

D
See but the confusion came from just that. When I see "Looking for Players" I automatically assume someone wants to RP. That is how I always think of it. "Public" makes me think like, ok this person wants to discuss something with everyone; "Private" being the opposite situation. It is just the fact of how people think. Or is it just me?

Public to me means the thread is open to all, without restrictions. Private means the thread is invite only.

That's what I interpret those tags as.

Now, is there a "semi-open" or "semi-closed" tag, or equivalent thereof? What I mean is a tag to indicate that the thread is open to anyone but the creator would like new people to ask first before joining because of a certain direction the creator would like to take the thread. Or something.

Darren Onyx

D
Asemir Lor'kora said:
Public to me means the thread is open to all, without restrictions. Private means the thread is invite only.
That is the point I just came across. I honestly think there is no point in having those old tags anyways. If you want someone to RP with you, whether it be a Campaign or just normal RP, you just post saying so.

Well, I think it’s a way to help people quickly identify which threads are open to join, or which threads are closed to their participation.

Hrm. I do wish we had a Semi-Open tag. Some threads I’d love to have people join but I’d still want them to inquire first because I’m looking for a certain type of character.

Asemir Lor'kora said:
Hrm. I do wish we had a Semi-Open tag. Some threads I’d love to have people join but I’d still want them to inquire first because I’m looking for a certain type of character.

Why couldn't you start a discussion before starting the role-play asking for your specific type of character? Or a discussion during the role-play asking for a specific type of character?

I appreciate new stuff just as much as the next guy, but this seems unnecessary to me at first glance.

Oh, I agree, it's probably unnecessary; it's more of a want. :p

The reason why I wouldn't post an OOC thread is I typically don't have something specific in mind. :p I just post a story, but while I don't necessarily know what I want in the thread, I do know that I don't want just a random anyone showing up. I suppose?

Darren Onyx

D
Well that is what tags are for. If you want Jedi or Republic people you put those tags. I don't know how much people pay attention to those... :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom