Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Rituals of the Past

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze was drawn once more to the mystical allure of the crystal cave, his anticipation heightened by the presence of his friend Zaiya, whom he was eager to introduce to the cave's enchanting mysteries. Their journey began on a path that wound its way down a cliffside, surrounded by a breathtaking palette of nature's beauty. The foliage along the path shimmered in hues of pink and gold, each leaf and petal glistening under the soft sunlight. Below, the waters mirrored the sky, creating a tranquil backdrop to their descent towards the cave's mouth.

Upon reaching the vicinity of the cave, Braze led Zaiya to meet Teresa, whose ship was parked nearby. Teresa, the nice lady who had gifted Braze a fancy feather, was already familiar with the cave's exterior beautybut had not yet aquiered a crystal from with in. "I don't think Teresa has found one before," Braze shared with an air of excitement. He recounted their previous adventure, "Last time we ere here we discovered a piece of jewelry and witnessed a vision of an ancient ritual involving the feeding of fish. I brought along some rice paper this time, so we can try that again," Braze said, his voice full of assurance.

"There's also neat little poem signs outside the entrance and the big fancy 'gate'. But," he added, a note of caution in his voice, "there were also scary spirits inside who don't seem to like it if you just take things. They didn't seem all that harmful though. " He warned.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

RbGZRiU.png
Zaiya's excitement was palpable, but there was a thread of caution running through her demeanor as she followed alongside Braze, every step causing her burnished bronze jewelry to jingle with melodious notes. Her mottled spots and markings shimmered with a mix of curiosity and joy, yet there were hints of hesitance, reflected in the cautious glints of pale yellow among the vibrant hues of teal and citrine. After her previous encounter with Braze, she approached the idea of companionship and learning about the Force with a mixture of anticipation and wariness.

As Braze shared his findings with his friend Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax , Zaiya's apprehension gradually melted away. She trusted Braze Braze , trusting that Braze wouldn't lead her astray. After all, he was Aris Noble Aris Noble 's friend, and they were both training in the Jedi Order, right?

However, when Braze mentioned encountering spirits, rituals, and visons, Zaiya's demeanor shifted. Her iridescent blue eyes widened with surprise, and a touch of uncertainty tinged her rosy gold skin with dark orange hues.

"Spirits? Like ghosts?" Zaiya's voice held a note of incredulity as she processed this new information. The concept seemed fantastical and slightly unsettling to her. "Wait... they're real?" She couldn't help but feel a mixture of fascination and unease at the thought of encountering supernatural entities.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

The enormous Valkyrie walked down the ramp of the Light freighter yawning and stretching her wings out wide, both arms also reaching upwards and a light lean to the side. By no means was Teresa morning person by any shot, however it Komi was able to stay on watch at night. Though now she slept after helping Teresa get ready for the days adventure back to the cave. An order had finally came through when her retainer met up with Teresa last night, something that would work more for what plans were laid out in the future.

As one foot touched the floor there was a crip almost bushing sound as her foot stepped on thick short grass. On her hip was each of her lightsabers either hanging from clips or inside their Lightsaber Axillaries that was slotted through and clipped to the brown leather shash. Her hair had been tied back into a neat bun with the length in the back draping down. When Teresa's eyes opened after the stretch she set sights on two young faces. One familiar one not so much. Though it was too late to metamorph now as she could be seen.

"Morrrrrrning Braze." She said still in a sleepy tone. Golden orange orbs turned to the young woman besides him with wonderful glowing hues emanating from her skin. "My, my aren't you just a cutie," Teresa referring to her natural beauty. "Oh I would love to learn what it is that does that." The Blackened Valkyrie spoke with lots of curiosity fascinated.

The Valkyrie approached closer to the two as her wings black wings with red primary feathers folded against her back. "Who's your friend here Braze?" Teresa wondered looking down and more closely. "I'm, Teresa... Pellax."
OIedQlc.gif

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

To say that Zaiya was taken aback would be an understatement. Standing before her was Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax , a towering figure resembling a rare magnificent Shyyyo bird with darkened wings flecked with crimson. Zaiya couldn't help but be awestruck by Teresa's presence, her curiosity and wonder shimmering in the amber and bright citrine hues of her markings.

Despite her initial surprise, Zaiya greeted Teresa with a warm smile, though she couldn't help but blush with embarrassment at being called a cutie. It wasn't out of the ordinary that she received compliments about her appearance or her color shifting, especially since she had ventured beyond the confines of the university, she could tell the compliment was genuine and not treated as if she were a specimen under scrutiny.

"Thank you," Zaiya replied earnestly, the markings over her rosy golden skin flushing a deeper shade of pink. "Your wings are truly beautiful."

As Teresa expressed curiosity about her species, Zaiya explained shyly, "I'm a Lovalla. My markings and skin change color based on my emotions... I can't control it, it just happens."

With a nervous giggle, Zaiya extended her hand in greeting. "I'm Zaiya. It's nice to meet you, Teresa!"

Braze Braze

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:
———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa looked at the hand a moment before realizing this is a custom some did though which one? Was this the slap one or the shake one. It felt like a fifty fifty gamble and opted for the almost high five action. Her palm struck with a little sting but the size different made a might loud and near perfect sound. "t's a pleasure Zaiya."

"And thank you very much little one." Her tone carried pride in her gratitude, especially since Komi groomed them so well for her regularly. "Also its very interesting that its emotionally affected, I wonder if the different chemicals that your body sets out plays the part." Teresa said out loud with much curiosity.

"I will have to see if our archives have anything about your kind. I have an interest of learning about species. I love things that glow, I think glowing things are pretty and I hope to someday fill a special place I can relax with all kinds of plants that do." She said sharing a little of her interests as it was a topic of interest. It perhaps the only area she sounded a little smart longs as the large words where avoided.

Before she forgot the Blackened Valkyrie turned her attention to the hyperactive Kid. "Braze, got something for you. Specially made and delivered last night by Komi." Waiting for his attention to turn her way she would slip off a velvet bag from her hip containing matching amulet of the one she was wearing currently. With a little speed levitated it close to him stopping it before it made contact. "The instructions are inside, so make sure to have lots of fun with it."
OIedQlc.gif

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya couldn't help but laugh at how Braze Braze ran about in a circle super excited. He was thrumming with energy, not just physically, but in a way, Zaiya was slowly starting to notice more and more. Awareness of the Force and her sensitivity to it was gradually increasing, inch by inch, with each encounter she had with anyone else with Force sensitivity.

In contrast, Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax emitted a unique blend of auras that piqued Zaiya's curiosity. While it wasn't as palatable as Aris's crystal, the Lovalla could sense it. However, her curiosity, peering into what it was, was quickly distracted when the winged tall woman attempted to give the young Lovalla a high five. Unsure if that is how she should say greetings, Zaiya attempted to meet Teresa's hand -- only to fall short because she was precisely that -- short.

With determination etched on her features, she made another attempt, managing to awkwardly connect with Teresa's hand. The brief contact sparked a flurry of shadowed hues that briefly dimmed Zaiya's vibrant colors before returning to normal.

Oh, that was interesting, Zaiya mused while doing her best to answer Teresa's question.

"What little research has revealed is that it is hormonal as well as emotional...but not really sure." Zaiya explained while another thought came to mind. Zaiya was still too young to go through her quarterly red days. By all accounts, she wouldn't be considered an adult until then. That whole experience was something she wasn't too keen on experiencing. From her research, it just seemed to be an overwhelming, terrible affair.

"Lovalla are so rare that there is very little data on us...I haven't seen another one since my parents passed, and even before then, I only knew of them. If you can find anything, I'd be interested in seeing what you find!"

Thinking about how the Force worked was a better mental topic. Was it the Force once again at play with how she resonated with Teresa? Did it react differently to each individual? Questions swirled in Zaiya's mind as Teresa presented Braze Braze with a gift, drawing her attention away from her musings and reigniting her curiosity. The sight of the hovering velvet bag sparked a wave of bright orange hues, signaling Zaiya's eagerness to unravel its mysteries.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

Braze paused in his jaunty scampering and caught the small bag mid-air, giving Teresa a curious look before opening it and extracting a fancy-looking pendant. He remembered a similar one from his last visit when Teresa had placed it around his neck. Intrigued and smiling, he admired it. "Oh wow... this is beautiful. Thank you, Teresa." He hadn't glanced at the instructions yet, but carefully wrapped the velvet back around the pendant and slipped it into an inside pocket of his outer overcoat. "I'm sorry I don't have anything as nice to give you in return," Braze offered, then smirked at Zaiya. "Hey, Zaiya~ Bet I'll win if we race down to the cave~" His voice carried a playful, giddy energy. He seemed to brim with even more energy than usual, his giddiness radiating outward like an aura.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png
Her Aura was unhidden and flowed freely, it was heavy and dark in nature. There was a certain strength in there that came from training her skills as a warrior but that was not all, it felt like a weighted blanket trapping one inside a void both comfortable and violent. Enveloped in this arua was a second too, though faint, a flicker, a spark something simply... new.

Teresa chuckled at the trying and success off the girl's high five back. "Sure if I learn anything, I'll not only let you know but I wanna see if I can create something similar over my body." Of course this stemmed from her fascination of the possibilities of Metamorphosis, to expand the scopes of what was possible. However as in her nature, always do the fun things that she desired.

Hearing Braze enjoying the little gift Teresa felt pleased. "No need to worry about it. It's a joy to simply know how you may use or misuse it." She could not resist the light chuckle. Hearing Braze's challenge to his friend, she missed having the boundless energy she had weeks ago. Now it was just hard to go an afternoon without a pleasant nap.

"I could be willing to just carry 'n' fly you both over, will be quicker, you just can't riggle about. However, you get the fun views." After all it would not be her first time carrying passengers. She did it all the time while studying amongst ten year olds and the teens on panatha, each afternoon taking it in turns of flying high, dropping and catching them before the splat. Though she did not have the current confidence to do the last one right now.

OIedQlc.gif

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Since Zaiya wasn't used to the Force or its variations across the spectrum when she felt that brief, heavy press of Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax aura, Zaiya wasn't sure what to make of it. It certainly wasn't the dark, seething, putrid pool of miasma she had felt back on Tython with the Twi'lek determined to fight Braze. Not to mention, there was another faint flicker there. Bright. New. Braze seemed to trust her and she seemed nice.

Before Zaiya could contemplate it further, Braze Braze challenged her to a run. Those fluttering thoughts regarding what she felt and their differences within the Force were filed away for later. Maybe she can ask Braze or Aris Noble Aris Noble about it? It was still so new.

"Alright, but no using the Force to cheat. I can't keep up with your speed or agility," she teased Braze, her grin wide as vibrant cerulean hues danced over her skin in delight.

Though the idea of flying was alluring, Zaiya hesitated. Blushing faintly, she politely declined, "Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll stick to racing Braze for now."

As tempting as it was to soar through the skies, feeling the rush of wind against her face and through her hair, the thought also stirred a hint of apprehension within her. She was still navigating her abilities with the Force, and at the moment, making friends and expanding her knowledge took precedence.

With a mischievous gleam in her iridescent blue eyes, Zaiya suddenly cried out to Braze in glee, "Race you!" With a burst of vivid cobalt, magenta, and aqua bioluminescence, she darted forward, racing down toward the cavern as fast as her legs could carry her.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

With a devious grin lighting up his features, Braze allowed her a full six-second head start, observing with amusement as she darted away down the cliff's winding path. The thrill of the chase sparkled in his eyes, a playful challenge set into motion amidst the rugged beauty of their surroundings. He turned to Teresa, sharing a knowing smirk before raising his brows playfully conveying the revelry he garnered from even small rivalries.

Then, with a sudden burst of energy, Braze sprang into action, his feet carrying him swiftly after Zaiya. The distance between them closed with each stride! He would be quickly gaining on her heels.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa simply shrugged at the turn down of her offer. "See you both down there." She said to braze who turned with a smirk on his face. The womans hands came down to cradle her belly some. As he ran off the Valkyries wings beat once, twice, thrices and with a soft hop she began to lift off. Each flap gained her height and forward momentum. Golden orange eyes could just make out the two running below in the wider gaps of the canopy.

Seeing the sights from the tops of the tree's was breathtaking like always. Something about being able to see into the horizon with nothing getting in the way was a beauty that was hers any time. The low morning sun washed its warm heat over her back as it illuminated the brilliant shades of sky blue. Unlike popular and well visited worlds, ugly trails that reached across was not present, just whisply and fluffy clouds.

While up hear she pushed out into the force expanding her senses to their limits like it was just simple exercise. There was much she could feel on the lush forest floor below. Both life and decay was clearly present in its endless cycle and even the aura of the two below. Slowly the range was pulled back to what she normally as she began to hum a tune to the point of getting really into it.

Galactic Dreamer

"We'll break on through the speed of light and sing to reach youuuuuu!
And let our dreams right oooout!
Doo doo na na na
Come on and shout it ouuuuut! Don't care what side you're oooonnn!
Nooooo clue, where do we go from here?! They'll be NO more words! Only laughter!"

Teresa pelted out with her best singing voice as she glided on the wind slowly dropping altitude at a gradual pace before eventually softly touching down on the familiar spot she stood with braze when they first found this place. Once more Teresa pushed out in the force this time with reason as she felt for anyone with a dark aura like hears nearby. Though nothing stood out or felt in the force. The Valkyrie could relax and enjoy her morning with fun observations and the possibility of gaining a crystal.

OIedQlc.gif

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya's laughter would echo as she ran down, breaths ragged, and every now and then, she would give a slight "Whoa" in surprise as she tried to avoid stumbling. The last thing she needed was to trip and collapse in a glowing, embarrassed mess.

Her colourful hair streamed behind her, and her arms pumped at her side, legs stretching as far as she could go to gain speed and distance. Behind her, she could hear the approaching thunder of Braze's feet as he quickly began to cut the distance between them.

To a degree, Zaiya knew that she likely couldn't beat Braze in a run. While slight, Braze was training physically and likely had the endurance and speed to over take her if he wanted - which he wanted to of course. Zaiya spent the bulk of her childhood at the university, and her studies didn't require her to be too physical, as she was already less robust and physically weak than other near humans.

It didn't stop her, however, from getting that steely determination to try to win. Dark orange flecked with teal and edged with a brief flash of blue fluorescence began to form over her markings in growing determination.

At least until she started to hear singing. Wait, who was singing?

A lover of music, Zaiya couldn't help but slow her ears perking towards the direction of the singing. It took a second to realize it was above her. Coming from Theresa.

"Ohh..."

Unfortunately, that also meant Zaiya lost precious seconds and Braze caught up.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze did catch up to her with relative ease as he paused briefly beside her before taking a few steps ahead having barely brushed up against he as he passed as a playful tease. He intended to push her to her limits and try to arrive at the same time she did if not a step or two a head of her. He slid to a stop outside the cave and looked up to the tall statues and the large tori Gate.

He padded over to the plaque and showed it to Zaiya.

"In caverns deep, where shadows play,
The Ashlanti's secrets lay.
Young souls seek the crystal's might,
Underneath a moonless night.
Here, where silence breathes and waits,
Fate entwines with those it baits.
With each step towards the darkened gleam,
They awaken more than just a dream."

He then showed her the inscription on the Tori Gate.

"Where light and shadow intertwine, Seekers at the gate, take heed this sign. Give as you take, respect the bond, For what is taken, must respond.

Honor the spirits, the crystal kin, Earn their respect, let your journey begin. In balance with them, your path shall weave, Only in giving, shall you receive."

"We came across the gate one second... I think it means we need to sacrifice something precious... "

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa hopped from the ledge letting her wings gradually glide her down. As Braze showed the two inscriptions to his friend the Blackened Valkyrie moved over to the mouth of the cave. Taking a flask from her waist the woman opened it with a small stream of steam rose. It was no drink nor really propper food. Rather it was filled with hot custard with caramelized sugar mixed in. As if it was normal she'd slurp a little to satisfy the craving of sweet things.

She gave the thing thought and really there was nothing more precious than her own life and the life of the one inside her growing. The woman also had no intention to leave a lightsaber behind being the only other thing that was somewhat precious. Komi was simply invaluable to be used as sacrifice. Anything else she did not have with her and was an unimaginable distance away. Within her feathers one stood out more than the rest and slowly altered over the night with some care to the process. This one feather caught the sun hitting a gem. Light refracted in the fine crystallin red and smokey black translucent vanes.
OIedQlc.gif

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya shot Braze Braze a silly look as he passed her, aware of his antics. She didn't mind though. It was just fun being about to hang out with him and Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax . Catching her breath, with beads of sweat shimmering over her brow, the Lovalla took a step closer to the plaque to study it.

"It could also mean that one must provide the same amount of input as you take out. They mention a bond. I know I felt Aris's bond with his Kyber crystal. Would it mean perhaps resonating with them and respecting that bond?" Zaiya wasn't sure; this was all new to her, so she was trying to approach it from the logical scientific viewpoint and bonds perspective Lovalla had.

"What did you do last time?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze cocked his head to the side, observing what Teresa was sipping from, and briefly frowned, wondering about the contents of her drink. The sight of weird, glowing fish in the water made him reconsider the safety of drinking from it. Perhaps she had a point – maybe water inhabited by strange luminescent fish wasn't the wisest choice for consumption.

"It could also mean that one must provide the same amount of input as you take out. They mention a bond. I know I felt Aris's bond with his Kyber crystal. Would it mean perhaps resonating with them and respecting that bond?"
"You might be onto something..." He shifted his gaze from Zaiya to Teresa. "We do that... it's like forging a friendship with the crystal," Braze offered thoughtfully.

"The last time we were here, Teresa collected some moss, and some eerie shadow creatures chased her for it... But we hadn't really engaged in any of the rituals we learned about from the psychometric reading of that pendant," he added softly, recalling their previous encounter with a tone of reflection.

"What would you two ladies like to do first?" Braze asked defering to the gentler beings to decide what should be done first. "We could feed the fish or we could do the little... sacrafice ceremony and try to fidn soem crystals. "

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png
She looked contented with that delicious sweet taste that made her let out a satisfied little hum. Attempting some restraint Teresa screwed the cap back on, otherwise Komi would be going on an adventure run again. As Braze spoke at the Valkyrie, her attention shifted to him. "I still don't get what you mean by that, given I only know my way of making connections with crystals. Though I remember how that made your brow furrow."

Teresa stepped away from the cave entrance again away from her floral glowy secondary objective. "However, one that is unconditionally mine from the beginning. It's different." What ever trivial trial she had to do, it would not stop her eventually having what she wanted. "By chased he means they surrounded me very quickly, some are quite vicious looking too." Exactly why she was going to get the moss on the way out, not just a small sample, but a sizeable roll of it.

"I am fine with whichever order I will be fun either way, you kids should have fun. Longs as you both let me get my nap in the afternoon for an hour if it takes that long." How the Valkyrie missed not needing naps. Golden orange eyes wrapped in black danced around the topography of the area still finding this space pleasant.
OIedQlc.gif

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

“A what reading of a pendant?”
That was the first bewilder question Zaiya had.

Then Braze mentioned feeding the fish? “Wait, feeding of the fish? What do fish have to do with the crystals?”

The Lovalla’s markings swirled with gray’s in her bewilderment with flecks of amber introspection.

Blinking for a few moments, as the choice was up in the air, Zaiya suggested the following,” Why don’t we try and see if we can resonate and offer our emotions to see if that will work?” It both made sense but didn’t, because Zaiya’s mind wasn’t thinking of actually sacrificing a life or an item.

More of being respectful to what may be within the caves.

“Or maybe … it’s like a memory. Offering a precious memory?”

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze glanced over at Teresa, his expression furrowing with concern. "Uh... yeah, stop being mean to them," he interjected, his voice carrying a hint of urgency. "They are 100% better if you're not mean to them..."

He paused, collecting his thoughts before continuing. "See, crystals, they're... they're sensitive. They're alive in a way, you know? They resonate with the Force, and if you treat them well, they'll respond in kind. But if you're rough with them, if you force them to bend to your will, they'll resist. They'll resist fiercely, and that's when they start to... well, bleed, as you put it."

Braze's eyes softened as he spoke, his tone earnest. "I've seen it happen. Crystals that were vibrant and full of energy, turning dark and lifeless because they were mistreated. But when they're cared for, when they're treated with respect and compassion, they shine brighter than you can imagine. So please, let's not make them suffer needlessly."
He thought about Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru and how she had taken his tiny crystal and bled it, bringing a frown to his features.

Braze just about pleaded Teresa briefly befo relooking back to Zaiya.

"Well... I don't think giving up memories is very good," Braze trailed softly, his thoughts drifting to the vampires he had encountered.

"A psychometry reading... sometimes you can touch an item and see its past in fragments or visions... kind of like watching a holo-vid... imagine if the Force could imprint its own memory or an echo of something that once happened upon an item... sometimes we can see what happened. We found a necklace here and saw two rituals from the past... One of them, they fed the fish colorful rice paper creations... I think it may have been more for novelty or fun though... the other, we saw someone give up that pendant as an offering," Braze offered, his tone reflective.

"We could try just being respectful and asking, I suppose... if you wanna 'give' them your respects, I guess?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom