Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ringing in the New Year

qC8JFYe.png

On countless Planets, in countless Star Systems, across the known Galaxy, many have begun to celebrate the closing of the previous year and the opening of the new that waits patiently upon the horizon. For some, this marks the end of a rough year and perhaps the beginning of a new brighter future in the coming days, for others, the slough of existence continues as the hardships never seem to end. Some are not home during this time, removed from loved ones as they fight, yet for those that remain, the New Year brings new tidings and new Hope that things will change for the better; all of these emotions can be seen and felt in the heart of the Galactic Alliance, the Capital of Coruscant.

white.png

geshb.png

SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT

The clock is slowing ticking down as the old year slowly fades away and the new awaiting upon the horizon sees the dawn. For many, it is a time of celebration and revelry; and as the year comes to an end, old friends and acquaintances seem to meet once more to usher in the coming year. Dance with a new partner or embrace an old friend. Find a drink and raise a toast for the year prior and encourage good fortune and luck in the year to come. Find that special someone and share a kiss as the clock strikes midnight and the fireworks blaze above!

white.png

7493-0-a4135a00062e769903ee27b4b082bf88-lefaust_1.png

AND AULD LANG SYNE

The New Year is also a time to remember those lost and to commit to resolutions. Set aside from the festivities is a large marble wall with names etched into it in remembrance of those who were lost in protecting the Galactic Alliance. All along this wall have been left sheets of flimplast, both signed and left unadorned of names. This large wall is the perfect place to remember those who have fallen or perhaps you desire to leave behind a resolution of your own that you seek to hold yourself to in the coming year. For tonight is also a night in which we remember those days of old long ago!

white.png

qeTFh7a.png

BYOO

You are on Coruscant, the heart of the Galactic Alliance. Perhaps there is something of your own that you wish to accomplish. Or perhaps you merely want to explore the Capital during this festive time of Year!

geshb.png

Coruscant
Tags: Open

saria_divider.png

outfit

Alone on New Years. What a tragedy.

The streets of Coruscant were so full of life, friends and family all gathered together to celebrate the continuation of life another year around. Her family could not be present. Saria's adoptive father had grown ill and wound up bedridden on Corellia, and she hadn't had the time to plan a trip out to visit the old Herglic. So on the sleepless planet she remained, left to her lonesome. The Mirialan admittedly hadn't had the heart to contact anyone. Everyone she knew had someone important to be with around this time of year. She had only recently begun to make accquaintances.

And with that, there she was, perched on a balcony awaiting the comming of fireworks on her own. A sad sight, but not one that she would allow herself to feel pitty over. No, this was a chance to wipe the slate clean and start anew.

Or at least that was what she'd try to convince herself.

But the night was young. Perhaps if she could muster the strength to leave her perch and join the festivities, the young negotiator could make herself a friend. If she had the heart, anyways. Saria wasn't completely sure if she wanted to move at all. Maybe she just needed to work up to it.

Yeah. That was it. She just needed time to get moving.

Lucas Gracin

Excelsus of the Howlaw Court
geshb.png

SHOULD AULD ACQUAINTANCE BE FORGOT​

A deep breath before showtime. Having been dealing with the rigors of rebuilding infrastructure that had been collapsed for centuries, then integrating such policies into another, galaxy spanning faction, Lucas Gracin had been too busy to take up the public mantle of senator for his beloved home of Veradune. But with the new year would come new challenges and responsibilities. Veradune's presence had been felt in the battlefields and the halls of the jedi, courtesy of the Valde who had worked tirelessly to bring his people back to the galactic stage. But today, Vulpesen was with his family, celebrating the galactic new year with his parents and children. No better time for the Excelsus of the Howlaw court to make his entrance into polite society.

A glass of sparkling wine in his hand, Lucas strode across the terrace to peer down at the metropolis below. The speeder traffic was light, and on a thousand balconies and terraces just like the one he stood on, he could see hundreds of smaller parties cheering, toasting, and dancing the year away. The infectious joy was enough to ease away his homesickness and he swept his brush of a golden tail behind him before turning to lean against the balcony rail. "Even with war knocking at our door, there should always be time for joy. Here's to peace well earned, and wars well fought." He lifted his glass to his lips, taking a small sip to his own private toast.

Wearing: Interceptor Gear

Armed With: Nathan's Lightsaber

Nathan calmly poured a ladle of vegetable soup into a bowl and handed it to the scrawny old Twi'lek man covered in hand me down clothes, huddled under the free blanket, one of many he had brought with him on his ship to distribute to the homeless.

He had been here three hours in the Underworks, doing nothing but running a soup kitchen. Others were off celebrating.

Nathan didn't understand modern society and it's constant needs for festivities. There was work to be done, invasions to prepare for, and bases to fortify.

Or, in this case, suffering to ease.

He looked incredibly out of place, with his white chef's hat and apron, bowls of soup going constantly to waiting, hungry hands. His grim expression never left his face, and he said nothing to anyone he doled the soup out to. He simply continued until he was completely out, and then, without a word, packed up his equipment and flew his Bellhop Freighter out of the Underworks, the interior dark and silent.

Nathan was never off duty. Not really, there were simply moments where even he needed a little rest. But it was only a prelude to the next assignment.

Even now he somewhere else to be. That was how he preferred it. Never still.

He had lost track of Lynda since Ukatis, but the Force told him the simplest solution as to where she would be was the easiest and so he had piloted to where he knew her apartment was, a skyscraper on the upper levels. He tried hailing, but no response.

He landed on a dock pad attached to the bronze colored building went to the back and got two large cases with holes in them. He had been taking care of them since purchasing them. He carried them with him to her apartment number, aggressively ignoring all signs of celebration and merriment, his very presence seeming to generate an aura of buzz kill.

He knocked on the door, and he heard someone approach from behind and was not expecting the new face behind the door when it opened.

"L--Lynda?" He asked carefully of the Android known as Westenra Mina Westenra Mina .

"Nathan...I...I didn't expect you..." The Android spoke, wearing a deep blue gown that exposed her neck and shoulders.

"Come in."

"Your eyes...they aren't bloodshot..." Nathan remarked as he stepped in.

"Yes... about that..." The Android trailed as she closed and locked the door behind him.

"I freaked out drinking your thoughts at Ukatis. It...it did something to me...it caused some sort of reboot to my systems..." Lynda explained.

"Oh?" Nathan asked setting the boxes down.

She sighed. "I was in that form too long. My neural pathways suffered from memory loops. Programming got corrupted from psychological trauma. I'm...I'm still dealing with that..." Lynda spoke. "Whatever eating your thoughts did...I was forced out of that form. I've cordoned it off in my databases until I can figure out how to fix the errors associated with it."

She took a seat. "I'm afraid it may be a while before The Demon of Jedha shows again."

"Do you still hate Syd Celsius?" He asked.

Lynda glowered. "Always."

"Eh, you're not that broken." he muttered.

The Android fixed on his boxes. "What are those."

"I brought you a gift."

Lynda looked at him like he was insane.

"Are...are you feeling alright, Nate?" Nathan Bloodscrawl giving someone a gift seemed so outside his nature, she couldn't help but wonder if he was having some sort of episode.

"To the extent I am still capable of feeling anything, yes." he replied stoically, grim expression unchanged.

He opened the boxes and pulled out a small brown, baby rabbit and small baby turtle.

The Android paused, felt a lump in her throat.

She went over to the two creatures, soft hands caressing both pets.

"I..." she trailed, a bloody red tear sliding down her face, only to be reabsorbed by her skin.

She stood up, placing both pets in the transparent pens her old, long dead ones had used. She had always cleaned and maintained them, but had never summoned the will to get new pets on her own initiative. It would have been too painful for her to try.

"If only I had met you before meeting your daughter..." she lamented quietly to Nathan. "You... you're what I thought she was."

Her hand softly caressed the baby turtle's shell.

"If only I had been a better sister to her. If only...if only..." she said in an even quieter voice, more haunted by her failures as a person than ever.

She turned to him.

"You have my thanks..." she said sincerely.

Nathan shrugged. "I have to go. I just had to stop by and drop them off. Happy New Year."

"Wait..." she said, catching him by the arm. "Won't you reconsider and stay awhile? I...I could tell you about her. About Laertia. From my perspective."

"Talking about her is as painful for me as it is for you." he replied. "I have to go. Somewhere..."

Nathan began to head for the exit.

"...there is a crime happening..." he said as he opened the door and left. (For a Dollar: 700 XP)

Lynda was left with her new pets, and her memories, and her regret at being unable to help Nathan with his pain. She threw herself into the work of giving both food and water...

jeditemplebanner.png

Lishi quietly walked across the halls of the massive, stone building. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant was quite the sight to behold, whether one stood outside on the courtyard looking at it's imposing outer walls, or walked through the seemingly neverending corridors from the inside. Lishi preferred spending the New Year's Eve inside, still getting to know the building.

It hasn't been that long since they were moved here from their old, small Jedi monastery on a distant world, hence they had no one to spend the eve with, yet that didn't bother them that much. This time spent alone was peaceful. Serene, even. The only thing that broke the silence of the corridor Lishi walked was the sounds of their own footsteps. They were going back from the library, having borrowed a holocron on lightsaber forms, hoping for the knowledge within to keep them company and make the new year pass in silent contemplation of the aspect of being a jedi that came the hardest to them.

The young mirialan had finally reached their quarters, opening the door with her numb, stiff fingers, before closing them behind themselves. The room was quiet, the only sounds were the cheerful murmur of the distant crowd all across the city pouring in from the outside. But Lishi was alone. The thought stung, but they only pursed their lips and began reading the texts. It was peaceful, just how they liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom