Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Reytha Without You | GA Dominion of Reytha and Terrijo

Eyes so dark they were nearly black narrowed a little at this statement of his about popping into places. Andromeda was skeptical. A man that size -- she realized as she allowed him to help her to her feet that he had at least a foot on her -- surely didn't just pop anywhere. A breeze blew her hair into her face and she batted away the glossy black tendrils before turning her head so that the wind blew the hair out behind her for a moment before dying down. An excellent first impression, she assumed.

Most people she encountered knew her to be a hayseed rube; being a clumsy fool would be an exciting new chapter in her personal development.

"Thank you," Andy said belatedly once she was on her feet again. She looked around him for the bird, but it was nowhere to be seen.

"You didn't -- that bird I was talk -- I mean, the bird that was on the railing. You didn't see where it went, did you?" Andy thought it would be ridiculous to explain to a stranger that she had thought the bird was leading her somewhere, so she regretted it as soon as she spoke. Instead, she cleared her throat and said: "I, uh, I'm here with the Jedi Order contingent. Who are you -- with?"

This last bit added to soften the inquiry. I really need to learn how to talk to people, she lamented internally.

Andromeda Demir Andromeda Demir

"A bird?"

He glanced around again, but didn't see any featherly friend or fiend around. It was currently helping itself to the buffet table. There was a plate with biscuits that was unattended and the birb certainly was taking advantage of the situation.

"Can't say that I do, lady, sorry." His time to apologize Reid reckoned as he took her in. Fancy dress. Must be some sort of noble- that stream of consciousness was immediately cut off by her assertion she was with the Jedi. That brightened his expression away from the neutral politeness. "Oh, you too?" Immediately tipping her off she was dealing with a fellow Jedi.

"I was recruited fresh out of Exegol." Reid stated quite proudly there, until he realized how that might have sounded. "Uh, I was a prisoner there, to be clear. The Maw grabbed me on Teta during their assault. Then a bunch of Jedi sprung us out of the jails aaaand here I am, I guess."

He spread his hands absently as he presented himself.

It was a bit of a silly tale even to Reid.

A thief on the streets of Empress Teta. A prisoner lucky enough not to be tortured just yet. Now a freshly-recruited Jedi.

It was all shades of weird really.

"So, you are also a Padawan?" Reid gestured for her to follow along, because while this conversation was nice and all... he was still hungry. So while they chatted the former thief would lead them to the dining table. Past people conversating, music happily playing in the background. It was all around a pretty nice time.

i11adaE.png

THE DAUGHTER OF DUTY
CATO NEIMOIDIA | IN THE SKIES | ON A SHIP OVER A BRIDGE

white.png

Now it was too much. Now it was just annoying. Master, master, master. Surely he was doing it on purpose — but Ishida would not budge on her stance. The honourific was required.

Castian dodged out of the way and to the area Ishida was most useless. The cockpit. Which was fine, because she was busy with the knight who’d armed himself and was swinging at her. Her sword glanced from his sabre for the first blow, and the second, and on the third she got the upper hand and, quite literally, took his.

The phalanges spiralled out of the hull, and Ishida dropped low to brace for the shudder that rolled through the transport when the controls were relinquished by its driver. Off-balance, the knight stumbled, tried to grab with his phantom hand at the hand-helds, and failed. Ishida kicked at his ankles and his fate was much like his companions.

“Turn it on the other Imperial ships.” Ishida shouted above the wind’s din. She was still clamped down on the ground, making sure she didn’t roll away like the others. When they righted, she scuttled to the leer by the pilot’s seat.

“Deny them entry, we’ll get them from below before they get the chance to arrive.”

Ishida and Castian had effectively taken out the nose of the dive the Imperials were making for one of the primary bridge cities, and with the time they could buy by splattering the front shields with unexpected friendly-fire, the other Alliance and Silik ships could close in from behind and stop the assault before it started on this bridge city.

Immediate tags: Castian Vero Castian Vero
Proximity tags: Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad | Zhea Nox Zhea Nox | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina

"Yes, Master! Right away!"

Nope. He was not doing it on purpose.

Okay, that was not true. He was doing it on purpose. Just not for the reasons she assumed. It was not born out of malice to piss her off. He was just trying to do his best to follow her orders! Word for word. If she knew this she might have rephrased her order in a different way. Because here was a little spoiler alert.

Castian was not a pilot either.

So he stared very long at the steering handle and the buttons. Scratched his head. Then he grabbed hold of the yoke and yanked at it into the direction of the Imperial convoy. With some intuition he managed to activate the firing buttons, the laser batteries starting to erupt in the general vicinity of the other Imperial ships.

That was not the issue though.

"Ship has been turned on the other Imperial ships, Master! Impact in... 15 seconds!"

He sounded very proud of it as he fixed the yoke so it would home at the other ships without interruption. It also meant the ship was basically locked into its trajectory.

"We should get out now, Master!"

Andy assumed she was dealing with a Knight, based on his apparent age, and was prepared to offer him the requisite deference, which she did in the form of a shallow bow from her neck. The story he told was apparently meant to bear some significance, from the way he spoke without context. She easily fell into step beside him, wrapping her arms around her slender frame for warmth against the breeze.

"What is -- eck-sa-gull?" she asked quietly, her lips and tongue awkward around the unfamiliar word. "Not a school, I gather, if you were a prisoner?" She grimaced and brushed a tendril of glossy black hair behind her ear. "Teta? I'm sorry; at the risk of making you want to sit with literally anyone else, I'm, uh, new. To the galaxy. It's a long story, but the short version is I'm not really up to speed on current events. Or historical events."

They found seats and she settled into a chair.

"Yes, I'm a -- did you say also?" Andy asked, her head jerking up from the menu to Reid. "I -- yes," she said with a thoughtful half-frown. "My name is Andromeda. I haven't been assigned to anyone yet. Did you say you were a prisoner?" Black brows furrowed with sympathetic concern. "You can call me Andy, by the way. Andromeda is a mouthful." A tight smile that she hoped was friendly and encouraging.

i11adaE.png

III - CATO'S CRADLE | CATO NEIMOIDIA

Bridge City

Ally Tag: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Enemy Tag: Open

"Keep a low profile while we search for allies and foes." Minerva answered the Jedi.

The state of things wasn't too surprising to the Mandalorian having fought in conflicts since she finished warrior training. From a certain point of view it made sense what Imps were doing. Denying resources to their foes by any means necessary. But to her this scorched earth act was pointless and reeked of desperation. It won't really stop the Alliance's eastern expansion anyway and unintentionally promote a rallying cry against themselves.

"Hostiles, coming south side!" Irni the sniper reported. Alarmed Minerva turned to her friend before the distance asking.

"How many Irni and where are they going?

Aimed down the sights for a few more seconds the Sullustan answered.

"Almost a dozen and all of them are stormies. They're advancing cautiously but haven't spotted us yet but they will be close enough soon. Probably investigating the crash site."

With her rangefinder Minerva saw them yards away. Just as her comrade confirmed they're taking it slowly heading to their general direction but uncertain. Immediately she issued her next order.

"I'll get their attention then you let them have it. Sergeant Gakot ready your grenade launcher. Irni target their NCO first, you know which one it is. Jasper cover us."

"Roger that boss." Gakot replied loading up grenades in his launcher.

It wasn't long before the stormtrooper squad edged toward the former food court. Minerva crept out of the fountain and stayed low as she headed to a heap of rubble meters away. Staying hidden as long as possible until she hears their footsteps getting closer. Seconds later she lifted up in the air via jetpack, firing three bolts, wounding a trooper in the side.

She made a hard left as the stormtroopers retaliated, blasting at her direction.

A sniper bolt, cutting through an Imperial sergeant's neck swiftly followed with a grenade flying overhead and exploded. Two more stormtroopers fell but the rest scattered for cover amongst the rubble and fallen tables just as her squad opened on them.

i11adaE.png

THE DAUGHTER OF DUTY

white.png
Red salvo erupted from the nose of their ship while their companion ships scrambled to redirect their shield capacity to the front. Their hijacked transport’s comm buzzed with confused demands for identification and demands to disengage. One expressed their condition was critical.

Ishida felt a short-lived bloom of satisfaction.

It disappeared quickly.

Their ship was practically vertical now. Ishida gripped on to the bloodied headrest of the pilots seat.

“Impact?”

That hadn’t been what she meant. She and Castian were entirely out of sync. It was nothing like her and Sardun’s first mission together.

It was all wrong.

“Not—“ The seconds became smaller and the oncoming ship became bigger. Her sharp eyes widened.

And Castian didn’t have a jetpack. And all they had was fifteen seconds before metal crunched into metal and burst into flame.

“Okay,” she yanked at Castian, who was already peeling from the seat and in a blur they were at the edge of the rapidly ascending ship. “We’re going to do the jump again. For there,” her finger pointed out to one of Cato’s famous bridge cities. Thus far it was untouched by Imperial assault. Walkers were climbing up the mountains nearby, the 222nd, to ensure that remained the case.

“Put this on.” She ransacked a parachute, shoved it out to him to take while half trying to loop it up over his arms (height, again, became an issue here). She paused, precious seconds, but remembered how much a little reinforcement had helped assure her.

Granted, she’d been a decade less than Castian was now, but..whatever. The sentiment prevailed.

“You didn’t die the first time.” That was a compliment. The assurance came next, “This is just in case.”

Leaning out the open hatchway, Ishida’s hair was a wild whirl of white. Her mind scrambled for something useful to say to Castian, to instruct him, but all she could hear was Inosuke Ashina Inosuke Ashina 's poetic lesson — "Preoccupied with just one leaf, you'll miss the tree. Concerned with only one tree, you won't see the forest."

She couldn’t see that being much use to Castian. It had been annoying even to her.

“I’ll be with you.” She said instead, and meant it. This time she knew (remembered) that he was trailing her, and with that level of awareness she could have more influence over his landing-slash-trajectory should she need to.

“Go for the tallest point. ” At the end of her pointed finger, a stretching communication radar pierced through the mist at the upside down part of Zarra’s bridge. It was a click or so away, but acceleration would make it feel like meters during the free fall.

“The Force will soften your landing.” She was having to raise her voice now, above the ship’s wailing klaxons, wind, and the weapons being fired. “To slow your descent, use the same technique you would to push something away from you.”

Ishida felt a sting at the nape of her neck.

Without warning she pushed Castian out of the ship just as the ear-splitting sound of metal crunching into metal roared, hissed, and groaned behind the flames that plumed out from the collision point.

Proximity tags: Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad | Zhea Nox Zhea Nox | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad | Hall Mannarra Hall Mannarra | Bayaz Bayaz | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Last edited:

Her reactions were strange, until they were no longer after explanation.

It was a reminder that this Galaxy was absolutely huge.

And that the concerns that seemed galactic often didn't actually reach all people all at once.

"Yes, indeed. I am a Padawan." She thought he was a Knight or a Master. This explained the bowing and politeness. It was something that Reid could also get used to. Respect was hard-earned on the street and often meant little more than not getting shivved in the back when you turned around. "Exegol... was a planet of evil." He was going to say 'Sith', but if she didn't hear of Teta nor Exegol, maybe she wouldn't know of the Sith either.

"And the nation we are in currently, that we have pledged to serve as Jedi, fought a war with those of Exegol. They freed me during their war and realized I had potential in the Force. Usually I'd be far too old to be allowed to join, but their casualties were many and they need the numbers."

It was pure pragmatism.

This was something that Reid could respect.

"So what brought you to the Jedi then? I am sensing a story there."

He poured himself some fizz drink and settled down opposite of her. Food was in reach... first something to drink, because he felt parched.

Clearly his ingenious tactic didn't gain favor with Ishida.

Apparently it wasn't what she had meant.

Oop.

Their first mission wasn't off to a great start. But he kept his expression carefully neutral. It was difficult since a grin was trying to creep its way to his mouth at every moment. This felt good. He felt more alive now than ever before. Perhaps it was the adrenaline coursing through his body that made him want to tap dance or do a hundred push-ups or-

A parachute was shoved in his arms.

"Sir, yes- Master, yes! Acknowledged." He quickly course-corrected there before calling her sir twice in the standard Imperial mannerism. It took a moment for him to realize, as they together strapped him in, that Ishida was trying to put him at ease.

Awkward considering he didn't need any ease to be put in.

"I am cool as a cucumber, Master Ish. We will be fine." Castian reached out and squeezed her shoulder. Sometimes people that were doing the consoling actually needed to be consoled. It might not be the case here, but Cast figured it was better to be safe than sorry. He was checking out the distance, acutely aware that their seconds were passing by, when Ishida suddenly shoved him out of there.

The scream that followed was like this:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But halfway through it became something more like this:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

In the excitement Castian mistimed the Force Push that Ishida told him to do. He made it too late. It was also too powerful. So instead of landing safely on his feet, buffeted by the Force, the sheer impulse launched him back into the air. Where his body rotated violently and then Castian ended up on his back.

Again.

All the wind out of his lungs as he groaned.

"Why does this keep happening to me?"

Andromeda poured herself a glass of water from the pitcher on the side of the table. "What brought me to the Jedi was a Corellian man named Captain Baig and his freighter. Before that, I lived on a world called Irvulix -- it's Irvulix V to everyone else, but most of the people who live on Irvulix have no idea there are seven planets in the system, or that there are thousands of systems more with people living in them, with spaceships going between them, with Galactic Alliances and Jedi Orders."

She paused a moment to take a drink of her water. "On Irvulix, if you're Force Sensitive, it's a death sentence. They say people -- like us -- caused a terrible ecological disaster, and so anyone who has the same thing -- the curse, we called it -- is put to death before they can do any more damage. Irvulix still hasn't recovered from the first one." Andy set her glass down, looked over at him, trying to see what his reaction was. Disbelief? Pity? Disdain? "Anyway, there was an accident in the mine where I worked, a collapse of the tunnel, and I -- I used the Force, thought I didn't know it at the time, or how I had done it. The mine chief in my village had an arrangement with Captain Baig to smuggle people like me out and to the Jedi Order."

Andy spread her hands as if to say there it is and sat back in her chair. "I'm still trying to learn about -- everything. It's been a bit of a challenge, between all the lessons and events like this," she said apologetically. "I tend to ask a lot of questions. Can you tell me more?"

Head tilt there.

"That's quite something." He murmured interested. "Empress Teta... is a complicated world. We have a history of dark practices and the Force has often been worshipped as something of the Gods. So... I suppose the exact opposite than it is on your planet." Neither of them were good and both of them were extreme on the opposite end.

Then again.

If you were a force-user on Teta you could accomplish a lot.

It was a shame that Reid found out about it so late in his life. Otherwise he might not have had to eat garbage and steal to survive. "Unsure what more I can tell you, Andromeda. Oh. Well, I suppose my name to start with."

Bemused there as he realized he had been quite rude.

Back on the streets the exchanging of names didn't often happen. Unless you counted 'Slackjaw' and 'Murderaxe' as real names. "I am Reid Brimarch." Which was a fancy kark name for a kid from the streets, no? Well, it was the name that Reid decided for himself and that was that. When you have to pick your own name... why not make it a fancy one?

He picked up a muffin for himself and chomped down on it.

Heavenly chocolate dip muffin, perfect.

"So you have a Master already? Or are they still trying to determine who you will be assigned to?"

Andromeda couldn't picture it. A world where people who could touch the Force were regarded positively was one thing, but where they commanded such respect as to be treated like gods -- that was something different. Her jaw hung loose for a moment until she realized it and forced herself to close her mouth.

"That sounds amazing," she enthused after a moment of consideration, her black eyes flashing with excitement. "But you were like me, hm? You didn't know you had it at first. I was reading in one of the texts at the temple -- on Coruscant, you know? -- that in a lot of places people are tested for it. They even can test your blood." Andy propped up her chin on her palm and tapped her fingertips on the tablecloth as she watched him, her dark eyes focusing in on his mouth as he tore into a muffin before darting back up to his face.

"A Master?" she echoed him. "Oh, no. I've only been here -- well, there -- for a few weeks. I guess I have some remedial things to take care of first."

Andy had just about managed to lock down a connection to the Force, to be able to call on it consistently, even if it wasn't second-nature yet. She could reliably levitate objects, push and pull sometimes, but there was still a lot to learn to get up to speed to a regular Jedi Padawan.

"They probably want to be sure I won't self-destruct or something before they put me with someone who knows what they're doing." The younger padawan hesitantly reached for one of the other pastries nearby, which she discovered to her peril was some kind of flaky confection when she bit into it and it dissolved into buttery flakes on her lips and chin, showering down onto the front of her dress. "Damn," she muttered around a mouthful of flaky pastry. She set it down on her plate and busied herself with her napkin, dusting flaky crumbs from her mouth and chin and décolletage, down to her lap.

"What was Exegol like?" she asked as she cleaned herself up, as much because she was curious as because she needed time to sort herself out.

"Depends on what kind of force-user you are, I reckon." If you were one of the good Jedi? Then yeah, most likely it wouldn't cause a lot of issues to look up to them and perhaps even glorify them. But Empress Teta had a dark history. It flirted more with Darksiders than the Light and it showed even now on its streets and the people living on them.

This was a bit much to put Andy through however.

Poor woman barely had a handle on her pastry. Much less galactic politics and local sovereignty laws. For that matter, Reid himself was barely looped into it, besides the old adage of 'the powerful will do whatever they want anyway'.

"Ah, I am sure you won't self-destruct, you seem... nice." His eyes briefly flickered to the mess she was making and back again. It was a bit difficult to imagine this girl would become a fully-fledged Jedi, but then again... he didn't think much of his own chances either. "Exegol is a horrible world. Poisonous and destructive. It was permanently clouded in lightning storms and not a blade of grass grew on its surface."

Was.

"I am not sure what exactly happened, but the world was destroyed in the aftermath of the Alliance invasion. Some say it was sabotage by the Maw, others say the Alliance orchestrated it themselves."

Reid shrugged.

"Good riddance regardless. It was a planet that only spawned horrors for the Galaxy." Then he smiled lightly. "So, have you made any friends in the last few weeks or are you mostly befriending birds?"

Her mouth once more hung slack at his description of what had happened to the planet of Exegol. She didn't know there was enough power, enough anything to destroy an entire planet. But from Reid's description of it, it seemed like a situation of good riddance to bad rubbish. "How fortunate for you that you got away in time," Andy said breathlessly, her eyes wide. What an adventure, she thought. Terrible, horrifying from the sounds of it, but still. What had I ever done? Ventured into the depths of a mine. Not terribly exciting.

She had finished putting herself back to right, discreetly folding the crumbly flakes of pastry into her napkin. Combined with her dull-as-dishwater backstory, Andromeda recognized, his experience and adventures made Reid rather a dashing figure. Being tall and broad didn't hurt that perception.

Was there something in his cool gaze that carried a touch of disdain, or was she simply projecting? Her cheeks colored faintly. He wishes he had a better dining companion, she thought grimly.

Quickly washing down her bite of pastry with another sip of water, she cleared her throat.

"Well -- I have a droid, back in my quarters," said Andy defensively. "And I'm -- friendly -- with others in my classes at the temple. They're a bit younger, though. I'm almost twenty summers old. And by the way, I didn't befriend that bird. I might have done, if someone hadn't popped into my path." She raised an eyebrow, smirking over the rim of her glass. An attendant came by, took her order. None of the items were things she was familiar with, so she glanced around at the other diners enjoying the feast, looking for something that caught her fancy.

"Can I have what they're having?" Andy asked, nodding subtly toward a diner a few tables over, who had a bowl of some kind of red-brown soup. "And a cup of caff, please?" The waiter marked her choices before turning to Reid.

i11adaE.png

THE DAUGHTER OF DUTY

white.png
Superheated flames ripped out from the collision, spreading through the sky. Shards of the ships bounced off the city's gossamer shield, harmlessly falling along the shape of the protective dome and down to the seas below.

Just a heartbeat behind him, Ishida was like an arrow. She extended her awareness past herself, and felt evolution from shock, to panic, to thrill, to enjoyment that ripped from Castian. That was all that came from him. No parachute.

His landing was clumsy and harsh.

Normally, Ishida looked graceful. Her landing, next to Castian, looked like otherworldly elegance.

Quickly, like a dancer, she moved from her point on the tower's top to Castian and looked down on him, hands on her hips. He was winded. While he groaned, she stole a glance upward. Through the eruption, other shapes appeared above the Imperial ships. Alliance atmospheric ships, closing around the Imperials and trapping their position. They would not advance, they could not retreat.

"Because," Ishida toed Castian's ribs before she offered a hand to help him up. "You're all wrapped up in emotion and you've got to work on relativity. Where you are versus where you mean to be is ever-changing. The Force is reacting, but you're not. Find your centre."

When he was standing, she took a step back. Very near the edge of the tower they'd landed on.

"Lucky for you, you get a third try today." And gestured to narrow streets of the city below. It was a significantly shorter drop than the first, or second, with less moving variables.

"Unless you want to find some stairs." Uncharacteristically, the corners of her mouth pulled up.

Proximity tags: Simon Meinrad Simon Meinrad | Zhea Nox Zhea Nox | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad | Hall Mannarra Hall Mannarra | Bayaz Bayaz | Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Last edited:

i11adaE.png
Allies: GA,
Enemies: Empire
Commanding: 425th Shock Battalion, Echo Company, First Platoon (

The Gunship swooped down over the city, dodging fire from below as it came to a stop nearly directly over an imperial position - the side doors flying open to release the platoon of jet-packed troopers right on top of the enemy. As her troops cleared a zone and fanned out below her, Selle immediately started to firing at the stormtroopers surrounding her, focusing on taking out their commanders and any that were carrying heavier weaponry. Holstering her blaster pistols, she launched herself with her jetpack towards a stormtrooper commander while freeing her vibroknife to cut through the air towards him.

i11adaE.png

The Empire
Quellor Sector, Cato Neimodia System, Cato Neimodia, Cato's Cradle

Primary Objective: Reduce the Bridge City to a burning rubble.
Secondary Objective: Provide armored support to friendly elements.
Friendlies: The Empire | N/A | Open
Hostiles: Local Planetary Defense Force | Galactic Alliance | N/A [Open For Tags]
Directly Engaging: N/A [Open For Tags]
Gear: In Bio

MOSHED-2022-3-31-0-4-33.gif
gYuI3OX.png

A certain tone of uneasiness settled in shortly after they moved to carry out their orders; the all too familiar apprehension before they inevitably took contact from the enemy.

It hadn’t gotten easier for them yet, as much as this was not their first combat mission.

The closer they got towards the frontline, the chatter between crewmen of the ‘332’ was eventually reduced to nothing but short and sharp commands from the young tank commander to his fellow subordinates, and the confirmation of their orders they received.

Karkin’ hell… Hall muttered to himself, frustration laden in the young man’s voice, as he swung his commander’s 360° panoramic sight from one side of the street to the other with sharp vigilance in search of hostile contacts.

He resented urban combat, through and through. Unlike open plains, it barred the freedom of maneuver for armored movement, and allowed defenders certain opportunities to sneak around their flanks and rear. Coordination with infantry elements and having their support was a must have for survival.

The fog of war had settled down onto the battered and debris strewn streets of the bridge city long ago; black, oily smoke and clouds of dust blanketed the alleyways and streets alike, and with the bright sunlight from the heavens above, coupled with the already uneasy nature of the crewmen, played tricks to the eye as they shined down upon the war torn urban landscape. The fog that moved with each gust of breeze, looked akin to that of a human-like silhouette, shifting and moving amongst the shadows and rubbles for the young Iron Sun recipient.

Expecting an assault from any direction at any time kept them on their toes at a heightened vigilance.

Only the thermal vision devices of their periscopes and sights offered clearer vision, and helped alleviate their apprehension to a certain extent.

It was not long after they switched to thermals, they began seeing streaks of blaster bolts roughly seventy yards or so in the distance amongst the fog of war. Like a hail, a flurry of bolts zipped from one side of the block to the other; out from windows, doorways and murder-holes alike. They were indistinguishable in color on thermal imaging, as each and every source of heat was highlighted in green, standing out from the colder backdrop, a darker shade of green and black in color depending on their coldness.

A heartbeat later, the IFF flickered to life above certain silhouettes on the young Tank Commander’s screen, sights and periscopes alike.

”Gather your courage, crew!” Hall’s voice rang sharp over the intercom in an effort to instill encouragement for the moments to come in their very near future. There was no place for apprehension now, as it begets uncertainty in its wake if left unchecked, and that could see them draw their last breath.

Kale, halt, HALT! At his command the armored behemoth came to a grinding halt, slightly lurching forward only to rock back and to a standstill after the Driver engaged the brakes.

Gunner, HEAT, infantry! Target that building, Hall began, his periscope looking at a high rise apartment building on the other side of the block, where heavy blaster fire rained down upon contacts marked as ‘FRIENDLY’ on their IFF.

The hydraulics of the turret growled as Litzke brought the dreaded L77A4 cannon to bear. ”Fourth storey, second window from the left!” the mechanical growling came to a halt with a sharp hydraulic squeal and whine soon after the young Sergeant’s order. On! he shouted, confirming the gunner had brought the gun to bear at their preferred target to engage.

"Identified!"

Fire, fire incendiary!

On the way!

With a clamorous metallic thump the gun breech of the 120mm cannon recoiled back in the fighting compartment, and spat out a spent brass shell casing into the metal basket underneath the breech at the pull of its trigger.

The ferroconcrete bursted, scattered and tore asunder onto the rubble strewn road a heartbeat after the fin stabilized explosive shell darted out the gun barrel.

Muzzles flashed no more from that point of contact thereafter.

Next target! Gunner, incendiary, infantry! Adjust right!

Wasting not a moment after the tank bellowed out a shell, Stege had quickly turned around and produced the selected shell type from the munitions rack behind him. Following a series of metallic clinks and clatter, the gun breech closed shut, with the new shell thrusted in. Incendiary uuuuuup!

Fire!

The gun roared another time at his command; Litzke, masterfully lobbing the shell through a large murder-hole, blanketed the interior of the building with white, burning phosphorus smoke. The incendiary fumes bellowed out of every crack and crevice possible, slowly seeping out and spilling onto the street.

It was not for long they saw silhouettes amongst the burning white mist, behind windows and murder-holes; gradually they began to spill out of the building, only to be gunned down by the friendly mechanized troops a few moments after they stepped foot on the street.

Some of them walked dazedly with a strange serenity in their motion, as if they lost the ability to make sense of their surroundings and hadn’t had the slightest care in the galaxy, as if certain death was an alien concept to them; and some, shouted and yelped in pain for dear life as they dropped onto the ground in haste. Thrashing, rolling around and about in a very much futile attempt to smother the flames that burned only deeper into their flesh with each passing second.

Dug in deep like ticks on flesh, they had no other choice but to burn them out of their entrenchments.

One shell at a time.

gYuI3OX.png

A laugh there.

"To be fair, I wasn't expecting a girl and a birb to show up out of nowhere in my path." Teasing her in return as he sipped from his tea and nodded at the waiter. "Fries and some bantha steak for me, thanks." He watched as the waiter retreated with their orders in hand and looked back at Andy. "I don't think I will ever get used to that. You are hungry, so you order whatever you want and it is brought to you!"

And you didn't need to threaten or steal for it either!

It was like a fairy tale.

"Well, I can't say I have made many friends myself, so why don't the two of us hang out, hm?" Reid smiled there as he sipped again from his tea and hummed in satisfaction.

"Then you don't have to try and make friends with kids either."

That was definitely a big issue.

Most of the people of his age were fully-fledged Knights. People who were a Jedi for years now. What the hell did they have in common? Practically nothing at all, that's what. "So, do you miss anything from your homeworld? Family you left behind?" It couldn't be easy. Be a hero one moment and then someone that had to be smuggled out the next.

A sigh there as he nodded, grabbing her hand and pulling himself up to his feet.

She was surprisingly sturdy for being a small little post.

"It's just... it feels good? I have been suppressing this part of myself for such a long time. Only allowing myself to feel the Force when I knew absolutely sure that nobody was around for miles." And now Castian was feeling the Force every moment of every day. Every breath he took tasted better, everything he saw shone brighter.

It was inconceivable to have been so blind for such a long time.

"But you are right, Master." Cast paused there as she gestured for the third jump. Then she challenged him. That much was clear from the track of her mouth and the subtle smile there.

"Please. I will see you down there."

And he unceremoniously walked up to the edge. Looked down at the streets below. Breathed in... and stepped off the ledge. The wind buffeted him, yanking at his robes, but he was calmer now. Nobody was shooting at him, exploding, nor was he chasing his Master to their target, because she had forgotten about his existence.

No, Cast had time now to figure it out.

His eyes closed and a new world burned into his mindview.

Two breaths later and his body steadied, until he landed on the ground on the tip of his toes. Beautifully graceful.

"Okay... okay, yeah, that was karking cool."

i11adaE.png

THE DAUGHTER OF DUTY
CATO NEIMOIDIA | ZARRA CITY

white.png
He was gone before he could see her tight smile.

She hadn’t known what to expect with him — but she found herself briefly feeling grateful for his eager bravery. Probably one of those characteristics that had seen him so successful in the Imperial’s army.

This time, she stayed above, and waited to either feel a stretch of pain through the empyrean, or warm pride. It was a happy bloom that she was aware of, and sequentially, she dropped too.

On the ground, Castian was the only one who was gleeful. The citizens of Zarra were anxiously looking up at their shield while The Alliance trapped the Imperial gunships overhead. They’d be boarding soon, and the stalemate would be over with The Alliance Navy’s victory.

Still, the citizens felt perturbed.

Thus Far, the streets were void of Imperial Knights or their stormtrooper detachments. Which was good. She hadn’t asked Castian how he might have felt confronting faces that had looked like his only a few months ago. Maybe she should have.

Ishida pulled a device from her hip that coordinated updates across the other cities. “The major cities are being secured. Let’s make sure Zarra’s ground is clear of The Empire’s forces too.”

As if to pass on the information, she angled the screen for Castian to see. She tilted her head, and took the opportunity to check-in. Where she’d neglected to before.

“If we run into stormtroopers…”

But how was she supposed to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom