Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reveal: Plans to Evolve

Matreya found himself ahead of a large table that held dozens of holoprojections, each depicting separate styles of information that he needed to complete the finality of a major project he had set into motion recently. Firstly, the acquisition of over two thousand kilograms of raw Phrikite. Second, the program SARRAH being made. Third, the merger between JAC and MSI, in order to obtain Droid making facilities. Then lastly, though accompanied with the just mentioned, the men that worked with Damien to learn Alchemy.

Any reader that could gather information, would likely by now figure at least a basic idea of what was on the holoarray.

Before him was examples of robotic designs, including body parts, circuitry arrangements, a list of requirements to make the final build, as well as lastly the alchemical necessities to build a permanent effect into these future assassin droids. The results to which would be, optimistically, an effect on the minds of those looking toward it: unless aware of what they saw, or Force adept, the droids would go unnoticed. It would not quite be true invisibility either, as a head on look would easily denote this ability, thus rendering them seen, as they could be found to be the droids they are.

Around him were advisors, engineers, and alchemists from his team built for this exact mission. They had broken into small groups and were each examining the detailed plans, attempting to debunk potential flaws. It was a hard working process, as they planned to make at least a thousand, and send them to any factions that wished to have them. Potentially this could be one of the major products that Merr-Sonn ever completed.

"Well, sir, I believe we have the final product as best we can achieve. Now we simply need the prototype built, enhanced, and set about a task to reexamine the flaws at that time." Terrence, his right hand man, said to him almost apprehensively.

"Sounds like a plan. Gimme a minute to settle, then we can head out. You all are free to do as you wish for now." Valashu said. Pulling forward his seat, he sat then relaxed, contemplating the enormity of his plans.

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Ashlyn awoke quickly and readied herself for the day. She dressed in dark clothes, deciding to wear her hair in a bun. Her wardrobe for the day had been easy to choose, as usual - dark, tight pants and shirt, and black knee high boots of a shiny leather. Grabbing a cloak and her saber, Ashlyn headed out the door.

While walking leisurely to the tower, she pondered over the last six years since she last saw her fiance, Zaiden. Following the night she last had seen him, Ashlyn had been kidnapped and had escaped, as well as avenged her parents murder.

: The details of her kidnapping still seemed vague and blurred, having been tortured, starved, and nearly killed over the course of almost a year. Her only clear memories of then were of after her escape, being found and taken in by a nice elderly couple who tended to her wounds and nursed her back to health.

Ashlyn also recalled leaving them, and finally going to avenge her parents deaths. Those details were clear and frequently visited - finding them on their home planet, stalking them, and finally killing their entire family - the memory made her smile. She had avenged them.

Seemingly only a moment after leaving her home, she looked up and saw the tower- or what she thought was the tower. "Has the name been changed?" She thought aloud, looking at the letters that should have read differently.

Rising from his position at the seat Matreya walked forward toward the exit to the chambers, Terrence following in quick pursuit. Donning his Lorn'iseth Jacket, Valashu yawned with barely held at bay exhaustion. Pushing the button on the wall nearest the elevator he approached, Val glanced back at Terrence.

The man, like he, seemed haggard with sleep deprivation.

Losing himself to the thoughts of what was to come, Matreya didn't even realize his body was moving itself until he was passing through the main lobby to the tower. Nodding to Serri as he passed, he muttered a brief cya soon. Next he knew, he nearly walked a woman with blue hair over.

At the last moment he moved to the side, narrowly hearing her mention the tower's name, which caused him to pause. The population of Val'hala knew of the changes to the site in recent months, so this must be a visitor that hdnt come in a time.

"Hello, sorry to both you," Valashu began, standing near the lady, "But I couldn't help overhearing your remark. JAC recently had a merger with Merr-Sonn Incorporated, hence the new name." Finally taking her in, he felt he might have known her doppleganger from his universe. Her garb and face seemed similar to one he knew..

"If you would like to know more, I am simply going to one of our factories nearby, your welcome to come." Val finished

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Ashlyn took in the mans appearance, and considered what he said about the tower. "Hello, my name is Ashlyn Hale. I will accompany you, but I have a few questions, if you don't mind."

As the stranger started walking, she joined him, while wondering who he was and where her fiance might be. Hoping this man would know where Zaiden was, she quickly followed him.

Matreya smiled, "Valashu. Valashu Bonkai. Folks call me Matreya though." Gesturing the direction of the factory he said, "The factory is this way. It is only a short walk." Reaching into his pocket, he withdrew his cigarette tin, placed one between his teeth then lit it before returning the case to its original position. Drawing in a deep puff, he slowly exhaled through his nose before continuing.

"Sure, I don't mind questions. I am the go to guy for the majority of knowledge pertaining to the recent history on Val'hala." Valashu stated, taking the cig between pointer and middle fingers.

"Terrence, contact the men and let them know to keep it visitor friendly. I believe Miss Hale will accompany us." He said, then gestured behind him, "By the way, this is my assistant, Terrence Bousman."

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Ashlyn nodded a greeting to Terrence, then turned back to Valashu. "Well, for starters I was wondering if you knew where I might find my fiance. His name is Zaiden, and he previously owned the tower. Which leads to my new question of whether he still has ownership or if he might have sold it."

As she spoke, she realized that Valashu looked vaguely familiar. She wondered idly whether she had met him previously, before she...left. Or possibly during her travels over the past few years.

Val chuckled, "Zaiden? Own the tower? Where have you been the past few years?" Gesturing behind them at the grandeur of the building he continued, "That thing was taken over by Damien Daemon several years ago, to be merged with my company a few months ago. I believe it was originally transferred to Damien upon Zaiden's death."

Realizing he might have revealed something that would scare the woman, he hastened to elaborate, "But of course, nothing can keep the God King down forever. He came back to find Damien had ownership, fought him over it for a time, but then receded and left him his best wishes. Because of Damien the company turned a mighty penny in the long run."

In but a few moments they had already crossed a dozen yards and neared a repulsorlift that they would ride up to the next level where the entrance to the factory was.

"To answer the other question, yes, I know of him of course. Also, where to find him." He smiled, "Keep me company for a bit and I will take you to him."

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

"Well," she started," I have no problem with keeping company. You seem friendly enough." Ashlyn quickly thought over the new information she had just been given. She was shocked, of course, but she recalled how strong and enduring her fiance had been. It didn't surprise her much to hear of his.. death.

"So you haven't been working there for long, then?" She asked, wondering where she might have seen him before. "I've been gone a long time, but I thought I may have met you before I left Val'hala."

"You might have." Val said, "Depending on when you were last here. Honestly? This universe isn't my natural. I was born in one nearly identical. Through accidents I managed to journey to this one, then to Val'hala to meet up with the Jensaarai. Found they were no where near those I knew before, so I left quickly." He said, stepping onto the lift, "I feel I may have met you once or twice as well. But for the life of me I have no idea where."

Once everyone was on board Val pressed the button for their destination, then looked over at Ashlyn, "So where did you meet Zaiden? Was he always such a prick?" He asked bluntly. It wasn't a dislike he felt for Zaiden, he really didn't mind the guy, its just the whole, 'I am better than thou' thing he hated.

Finally realizing he still held a burning cigarette, he took another drag then blew it out slowly. Then he realized he had been sort of rude, "Sorry, I didn't ask, do you smoke?" At that he held out his cigarette case.

"Oh, and I have to warn you, the factory is a legitimate place of construction. It won't be as safe as some places you might have been." He said, "But I doubt much will happen, its just a warning to be cautious."

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

"Oh yes, please," she nodded, accepting a cigarette. "Over the last few years I've been to a lot of different places, though I haven't left the universe but once." She fought back a shiver, recalling when she had left the universe.. Or rather, was taken from it.

"I prefer to stay closer to home. So, you travel a lot then?" Ashlyn asked, then lit her cigarette. "Also, I don't mind danger, but I'll be on the lookout anyway. Thanks for the warning," she said with a grin.

[member="Matreya"]

Valashu waited for the lift to open then stepped off and headed for the factory. He remained silent for a long moment, up until they were at the door. Opening it wide he gestured to the opposite wall where goggles and like protective gear lay, "Feel free to use the protective suits and goggles. Personally I have adapted by senses, and power, well enough to not be bothered much. Nor do I like the suits, I would rather use the protection of my coat."

Leading them to the left down the hall they found themselves, he stopped in a doorway to speak quietly with a man inside. The conversation was to soft to hear, but it was obviously just banter as there was no heated expressions or movements.

"Alright, this way. Terrence, jack into the coms, monitor the readings. Jeth here will guide us." Valashu said as a bald man switched places in their group with his assistant. The elder male was kindly looking, if not slightly on the heavy side, with a grin that spread ear to ear.

After he held his hand for Ashlyn to shake, he turned to Matreya, "Anyway, like I was saying, they're right now melting down the raw Phrikite for the casing. Lucky the plan was already in motion to make droids of a similar design, as we already have plenty of the tools needed to make the arms or legs."

[member="Ashlin Hale"] [member="Darth Vaildra"]

As they stepped off the lift, Ashlyn took in her new surroundings as she took a a drag of her cigarette. "I'll take a pair of goggles, thanks," she said as she approached the wall and reached for a pair.

As Valashu spoke to Terrence for the first time, Ashlyn realized she had forgotten he had been with them. As the bald man approached, she shook his hand and nodded a greeting. As she took in his appearance, she noted that he reminded her of the older gentlman that had found her after her escape almost 5 years before.

As she followed the men into the factory, she repressed the memory for the second time that morning. As a distraction, Ashlyn then listened to the machines in the background, as well as the conversations of the workers around her.
[member="Matreya"]

Val made sure she got the requested gear, then brought his attention back to Jeth, "Alright my man, what exactly are we looking at? Requirement wise I mean." He asked, finishing his cigarette he then dropped it then put it out with his boot.

"Well, per specifications, we need the muscle servos to mimic the speed and strength you requested. A power source to meet requirements, or to alter that a meager power that could be recharged at convenient locales." Jeth said as he rattled off the info on fingertips, "We already have the shafts and cranks, each will just need a refitting to properly meet requirements, but that isn't going to be hard. The Phrik needs to mixed, molded, then applied, which will take the longest.

"We also have the circuitry being pieced together, lucky us that you already have that ready to put in. So, basically the heavy moving and lifting, the installation, then lastly the alch you asked for. That will be the most arduous, if not just as long as the casings." Jeth finished then placed his hands on his hips in fist.

Val folded his arms mulling over the progress. It was already in motion, more than he could expect from a smaller organization. But it could still take hours. Not that time was an issue, but he did yearn to see the droid soon. The only things that needed to be decided currently would be staff with their jobs accordingly, aesthetics, and the issue of a power source. Which was a problem for Val: though he had knowledge of programming, when it came down to it he didn't know much about engineering.

"Huh. Well.." Val began before dragging a hand through his hair, "What do you think?" He asked with a glance to Ashlyn.

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Ashlyn thought for a second - there were a few different power sources she had known about, though she wasn't sure whether any of them would work for their needs. "Well, I think energy cells might work, with a solar converter. Or an over charged ion battery. Of course, the solar converter would only really work if you were somewhere with sufficient sunlight."

She looked at the two men, hoping her suggestion would be helpful for their plans of the droids they were working on. As she waited for them to think it over and reply, Ashlyn took a drag of her cigarette and slowly exhaled, blowing smoke rings as she did.
[member="Arok"]

Ultimatum was somewhat later than he had intended. It was an incredibly unprofessional act to not arrive later than he had said he would. For that there was shame, yet at the same time he had reason for being late. The last few days had been hectic. What with the droid plans he had begun to try and create, as well as beginning a search for a ship. The Sovereignty had proven something to him, that a ship thousands of years old could still be operational today. What did that mean? It meant that there could be other ancient ships, perhaps even older that was what he wanted to find. If there was a ship where more knowledge could be found then he would find it. It was important to collect everything about the past to better prepare his other plans for the eventuality of recreating cultures.

Of course this current event had little to do with that. It was a matter of helping an ally. Making better relations with a potential friend. After all he would need all the aid he could get once his plans came closer to their completion. Especially with keeping a particular droid off of his tail. His brother had become more active in recent months, it would only become more difficult to evade him later on.

His second hand man had called ahead letting [member="Matreya"] know that Ultimatum would be late, though the droid did not know that. Legion was good that way, seeing a need and being proactive about it. Ultimatum had arrived and was following the direction he had been given to where he could find Matreya.

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Matreya

While he mulled over the woman's words, he slowly nodded, "Yeah. Normal fuel cells will definitely be useful with a solar converter. The cells then can be replaced nearly anywhere if they are damaged, while maintaining a constant power source through the solar radiation." He rubbed his chin as he continued contemplating it, "But super charged ion batteries might be something worth looking into. They will burn hotter for longer which will make each movement or thought faster than otherwise."

Before he could choose, a voice from within the office they still stood next began. Listening in, Matreya tried to discern who or what was speaking with Terrence. But he was speaking quickly, and Val was just a bit to far into the hall, where the Factory sounds emanated to loud. Shrugging he gave up on it and went back to the info at hand.

"How about we choose super charged Ion cells for the prototype, then if need be we can change it down the road." He finally said to Jeth, who then nodded before writing that information down.

"Sir, Ultimatum will be arriving shortly." Terrence called from the office.

"Ah. Wonderful."

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Ashlin Hale"]

As they stood there talking, Ashlyn started getting a little bit anxious. The humming and other background noises were beginning to bother her. Beginning to pace, she looked over to where Matreya stood. "So I was just wondering, are these droids going to be used for any specific battles?"

Ashlyn tried to distract herself with small talk, while still pacing and smoking her cigarette. She didn't exactly know anyone here, though, and was hoping not to seem naive. Looking around, she watched the workers doing their jobs, wondering if she would soon get to see Zaiden. Surely Valashu wouldn't drag her around for very long?
[member="Matreya"]

Matreya

Matreya shrugged in reply to Ashlyn's comment, "Honestly? I don't know. As it is, the whole corporation is bent on growth, so this was an idea set into motion. Droids made that could be considered majorly powerful, sold to anyone with the currency, and made to present the adaptability of Merr-Sonn." He said as he watched her commence with pacing.

His mind immediately was sent to her predicament. She had stated that she wanted to see Zaiden, that she had minor yearning to see what would occur with the company her fiance had made. Only to have a man take her along, force questions she might not know onto her, and likely bore her to death.

His response was to dig deep into his power, conjuring the White Current to create an illusion. The image was himself standing before Zaiden, stating, "Your Highness, come to the droid factory. We have a surprise for you."

[member="Ashlin Hale"] [member="Ultimatum"]

"Matreya? Why are you here?" Zaiden said irritably, then sensing the Current, he corrected himself, "Or using illusions in my home." When the image said to come to the factory, he sighed, drawing power into himself. Envisioning the factory that he knew so well, he simply placed himself at its door.

The result was immediate. Space folded around him, and in an instant, the trek that would have taken hours, was over. He stood before the gleaming colossus. Opening the door silently, he stepped in then shouted, "Matreya here I am!"

Matreya

Valashu gestured over Ashlyn's shoulder, in the direction of the door, "Look there." For Zaiden had appeared behind her, but had not noticed her just yet. Turning his gaze back to Jeth he asked, "So what are our specs on speed slash strength?"

"Well your team chose the average of about a two times ratio. It will put them severely above the best of humanity, yet still weak to some species. This was my wondering." Jeth stated as he folded his arms, "These will probably be used as Jedi Killers in the long run. We might want to do more with it."

"Do you think three would cover the bases?" Val asked curiously.

"Maybe. We might want three point five, just to be safe. More might damage the shafts and the like, but it will give them the upperhand you're looking for."

[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom