Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reuniting With The Rangers (Antar)

The question was to strike the pirates or go with the diplomats.

Ahh, the ties that bind. The past how it works so. Thoughts percolated behind the Iridonian's aquamarine eyes as she stood dressed in Voss Mystic robes.

Some things never change. Some do.

She would go with the diplomats.

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

"Follow me guys."

Without haste the GrandMaster made his way out of the conference room, all he managed was a curt bow to those heading in different directions. The echo of his boots against the durasteel was unmistakable as he walked with a warrior's confidence. His easy stride showed off his years of training, as he moved his massive chiseled form through the Teferi. Jedi and crew members were shuffling around as he and his team made their way to the hangar bay. Blue eyes found their shuttle, and a grin crossed his face. Jaxton is going to hate this...

As the assembled team made their way on the shuttle, the doors closed behind them and Darron began to brief them in full detail.

"Okay, so they have a floating fortress they have been using to destroy cities. Basically we are going to use the jumpsuits from the Cato Neimodia Mission and jump from the shuttle and deploy parachutes at the last second to board this monstrosity. Any questions?"

OOC: To the other Masters and Knights taking charge in this dominion. For the other assignments please have fun, and if you need story suggestions please PM me. :)

"When can we veto for a better mission controller?" Seroth quipped, sidling past Darron, dodging the canny swat aimed for the back of his impudent skull.

Together, striding in two rows of rustling shoulder-pads, they absconded from the domed briefing chamber and out of the almost ominous holo-glow of Antar. From orbital distance, caught gently in the gas giants' swollen gravity well, the boy swore there was an ever subtle 'tug' in his stride. Objects cast to the floor were belayed, swept to the side by just a few centimeters. Local pressure would possibly be chaotic across the lunar surfaces, the hyper-pull of Antar's primary planet perhaps effecting water flows to sweep in tidal waves... or just simply tug the rock and mantle up under foot. Regardless, whatever 'piracy' was being conducted across the moons needed intervention. ...Abrupt intervention.

They paced briskly along a corridor running adjacent to the outer hulling, navigating several switchback security checkpoints before finding themselves amidst spacious fitting chambers. Nestled centrally were iris-porticullis airlocks, titanium-white doors standing by on lockdown until cycled for vacuum entry. Seroth held no love for the void. In order to experience its weightless wonders and grand infinity, a physical shell required layers of insulated, protective gear. Even then, on a space-walk, there was only the sound of your own breathing, heartbeat, and the subtle blood-rush swirling inside your ears. Lining the walling were stainless lockers, digi-pads cycling through blinking patterns, demanding input. Seroth strolled off to his right, settled before a locker, then rapidly tapped in his clearance code with his calloused thumb-pad. The digi-pad strobed green and sounded with a droning pop. ...And again sat a size too large void-suit.

@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"] @[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]

"You mean we get to do the orbital launch again so soon?" Ben quipped as he began to put on his gear, not exactly thrilled about it, but in a way somewhat excited. The first time they had undertaken something like this he had hated it, but it worked well the first time, so why shouldn't it the second? That was his reasoning for putting the suit on and not fighting it. What happened to the days where all he did was go around and be a diplomat? Those days were long gone, now all it seemed they did was fight, determine the fate of out of control young Jedi, and fight some more. He had to admit, the little time he spent with Darron, Seroth, and Jaxton could be misconstrued into a sort of weird friendship full of thrill seekers.

"Hey Jax, I think this one is yours." He smirked as he pointed to a much larger suit, he had seen to it that he was tailored a more appropriate flight suit, as the last time he had worn one that was much too small for him.

The small hilt of the light saber bounced off of his thigh with each brisk step A'donari took to catch up with Ben but something in his heart told him not to follow. The force pulled at him and he knew it was right to listen. He felt his legs stop as if he no longer had control of them before speaking again telepathically to Ben, "May the Force be with you Ben." his words were spoken calmly but with a hidden meaning. He would not be following along like he had so many times in the past. The doors of the ship his Master had just boarded closed while simultaneously lifting off.

Turning on the balls of his feet A'donari felt his thick tentacles slap lightly against his chest before wrapping around his neck. He took off into a sprint down a corridor towards a hanger he had never been to but he knew it was there. What he felt would be waiting. Something was waiting. The cool climate controlled air moved past his face as he dodged the multitude of brown robes hustling to get to their own destination. The force that had been pulling on him grew with each step but A'donari focused his thoughts only on the light side that was leading him. A tug pulled at him telling him to enter through the metal doors marked with a large five. Slowing from his sprint he rounded off to the left through where the doors had just opened for him and he walked into the Massive metal hanger. Less than a hundred yards away sat a starfighter with two mechanics on top working on repairs and a astrotech droid moving around the floor beneath the ship. He knew it defied logic but the calling from the light side of the force was true. "How soon can she be ready for take off?" Adonari spoke loudly enough to get the attention of the men on top of the vessel. They looked at him with respect and straightened up quickly while replying. "She's ready now sir." they said without a hint of hesitation in their voice. A'donari nodded with a smile before easily jumping up onto one of the wings. "The sooner the better. I am to leave immediately." he said, his voice steady and without emotion.

The cockpit opened from the use of the force on the inside controls and A'donari climbed in closing the door behind him in the same manner. The mechanics had already cleared off of the starfighter and had begun loading the droid by the time the ships systems were running. Once on board he had the droid run a full diagnostics check on the craft giving him everything he needed to know about the ship he was now sitting in. It was as beautiful inside as it looked on the out while humming steadily in a low heavy rumble; the reverberations coming from the strength of the engine vibrating off of the ground. He felt out into the hanger once more for the two mechanics but they had removed themselves of the hanger. He flipped two nobs on his right and felt the four seat straps fit to his body and lock him into the seat before he pulled back on the steering handle in front of him. The ship lifted effortlessly from the hanger floor and spun in the air as A'donari guided the ship slowly for a few meters before accelerating out of the hanger.

Antar sat in the distance just outside the cockpit windows as the starfighter moved slowly through the vast emptiness that was space. The droid ran a second diagnostics check on the ship only to find the same results. She was running beautifully. Not a single doubt had crossed A'donari's mind as he checked the atmospheric life support readings. "Something tells me we're not the only side looking to make a surprise entrance."

Mairra Fehn

M
"I know, Threepeat. You've been telling me the coupling is lose for a long time. I can't fix it right now!"

The little droid beeped and whirred at her from his place in the E-wing. She looked up at him, a spanner in her hand, and stared. It kept beeping at her and she sighed in response. It didn't matter what she did, Threepeat was never happy about the fighter! And she wasn't a mechanic! It was all she could do to fix a loose bolt and hope that she didn't nick herself in the process.

"Alright. When we're done here I'll get a mechanic to fix it. Now would you PLEASE stop being annoying? I have work to do!"

She tugged on the lining of her space suit. She always wore one because it kept her safe in case of vacuum. She was also weird when it came to flying her fighter and liked to, at times, use it as a trap for unsuspecting enemies by vacating it and leaving it adrift. That and the suit kept her protected from cuts and the like. Simple EVA pilot suit, but it had its uses.

Climbing into the fighter, she powered it up and ran through her pre-flight checklist and then nodded her head.

"Okay, Threepeat. We wait for the other Jedi to leave in their suits, and then we follow at a distance to be fire support. No super fancy stuff. Pirates are dangerous. We can do this, though!"

"Chart coordinates to the capital city on Antar 5." A'donari said out loud to the droid. "Coming from the south side we'll need to stay low enough to the surface to go as unnoticed as possible. Connect with any Jedi vessels that are still in Hanger's one and two for support."

Beeps, came back into the cockpit signalling the droids compliance. Two moments later a pattern lit up on a holopad to his left showing the moon and entry point through the atmosphere he would be taking. Two small vessels appeared as dots above the city he would be approaching on the surface but he knew he could deal with one or two pirates if they got in his way. "Patch any other vessels through if they try to contact." He said before slamming the throttle down sending him faster towards the small moon that was growing rapidly in size in the distance in front of him.

Boo Beep Beep BEEP!, came from the droid outside before an ear splitting alarm sounded in the cockpit. A'donari had felt it a split second before the alarm had sounded. A pirate vessel had spotted him. How far away were they? Run or fight. Two otions sat in his mind for only a split second. No back up had responded and he knew the strength his vessel held. Running was his best option. All the thoughts went through his head as he slammed the throttle down further giving her everything she had. He was instantly pushed back into his seat from the force of the thruster. His hands moved on their own flipping switches next to him as he spoke quick simple reassurances to the craft and droid alike. "We're fine. I'm a professional." DEEP, DEEEEP, DEEEPPP the droid sounded back. "I'm a Jedi! I can't lie." A'donari said back in a joking tone using the light humar to clear his mind of his fear and connect with the light side force. His nerves subsided instantly as a calm sensation coursed through his body and he charted a new path next to him. He sent the ship through a series of barrel roles before yanking back on the throttle and steering handle sending the vessel into a backwards flip while stile barrel rolling right before throwing the handle forward sending him shooting out of his maneuver onto a new course completely.

His confidence in his abilities was beyond measure but he didn't know how many more vessels would be on his tail shortly.

Mairra Fehn

M
"What? What do you mean someone's in trouble already?"

Threepeat beeped incessantly.

"Right right. Launching. Sorry control. Emergency here."

She lifted the ship to a hover and then threw the throttle full forward, which sent the E-Wing flying out of the vessel's hangar and into space beyond. She could see flashes in the not so far away distance, so she pushed the ship to full. Threepeat beeped a warning that the coupling was rattling around and she sighed and wished Threepeat did more than cause trouble.

"Lock it down. We're live here."

The droid went to work and she pushed shields to full front while charging up the weapons. A friendly vessel was in distress. He had taken on some tails. Mairra focused and let the Force flow through and into her. In fact, she drew in so much that her eyes began to glow a vibrant white. She focused and opened fire, splashing one of the enemy vessels trailing @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="A'donari Cinn"], and then reached through the Force to another and clouded the vision of the pilot. Yeah, Sorceress up in here.

Threepeat whirred at her that the coupling was ok.

"Good. I've got more targets to take down."

Throttle down, "Slam to the left! Now Slam TO THE RIGHT! Come on little guy, I know you've heard the rest....." A'donari shouted while maneuvering his shuttle as if it could move in any direction at once. "CRISSSSSSssssss, ccccccccccRRRrrrrroooooSSSssssss" BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP, bbbbbbbbeeeeepppppp! the droids squalling matched the jarring of A'donari's body from the thrusters having been slammed from left to right. He could see the stabilizing panels flapping violently up and down as fast as possible trying to keep up with his commands. "OnNNnne mMmmoreeee tTttttimme..." he said through gritted teeth. "CRISSSS CROSSSSSS!" he shouted while slamming the throttle down and throwing his handle back to the left sending his ship in an immediate left hand turn so that he was now facing the pirate's vessel that had been tailing him. He used the force to lock onto the pirate vessel then fired two shots from the ships dual laser cannons connecting with his target. He brought the throttle back to a reasonable position while avoiding the wreckage and asking his droid for the ships diagnostics. Everything was still running smoothly. "Nothing like braking a used ship in, huh?" he said with a smile to the droid that hadn't stopped beeping at him outside on his right wing. Even though he had calmed himself with laughter he knew without the help from the fellow friendly vessel he would have had to of done twice as much to shake them from his tail.

"Hey. Quiet down and patch me through." A'donari said to the droid calmly. The droid beeped once and he knew that he was connected with the ally vessel. "This is Jedi Knight A'donari Cinn. Thanks for your assistance but as I'm sure you clearly saw, I had everything under control. I'm affriad I'm going to have to complain that you made it a little to easy for me."

It was then silently as he walked out the halls that without catching sight of her round. All but made Ronin wonder if this was nothing more than another test by them? Given the circumstances of his return Ronin knew all too well there were still those that question and still no doubt. His intention and commitment to the order ..... but none the less he was here and felt determine to prove them wrong.

And so once he'd exited the room.....faced with with two choice before him. One lead to follow the arbitrators while the other to the protector......at which time with his mind made up. Ronin made his choice and move off silently to one side.....and entering the shuttle that held those head to face off the pirates.

Mairra Fehn

M
"Oh shut up. I saved your rear. You'd be a cloud of space dust without me, you jerk!"

She flew over and inverted and wagged her fist at him, playfully. Darn Knights always thought they were the best. To be fair, she wasn't the best and she knew it, but she did love to fly for some reason. Maybe it was because she felt free when she did it. It was like a new breath of life, a fresh wind, pushing her sails. She knew, though, that without her help, the Knight would be toast.

"Jedi Padawan and Sorceress Mairra Fehn at your service, Knight Cinn. I'll be happy to save your rear when you get yourself into trouble."

She grinned and Threepeat whirred at her.

"Shut up, Threepeat! The coupling is fine!"

Laughing through his big grin A'donari spoke while looking down at his holopad, "Well since you're offering I need to get onto the south side of the capital city and land without being seen. If my gut is right then this battle is going to be won in that building but I need numbers once on the ground and I know of a vessel that is on it's way as we speak with at least two more Jedi. I don't know what rank or who they are but I don't doubt any Jedi when put into a battle around me. Speaking of that, from now on it's just A'donari. Ranks and titles don't mean squat except a reason to feel nervous. I need to know that every decision you make is with the confidence that the force is guiding you without a doubt and that nothing will stand in our way. Turn back now if you want. If not then follow me Mairra?" A'donarri said looking up and smiling at her vessel.

Mairra Fehn

M
"Fft.. follow you my rear!"

She pushed the throttle forward and shot out in front of him. She even did a little wiggle as if shaking her rear at him mockingly. Grinning from ear to ear, she pushed the ship down towards the planet. If he wanted them to not be seen, on the south side of the capital city, then Mairra would make sure that she wasn't seen. This would require some coordination with Threepeat, but she was sure she could do it. Or, at least, she thought she could.

"Threepeat, take over the controls. Fly us down to the city, south side, and find a secluded landing spot. Top of a tall building, perhaps. Alert me when we've landed."

The droid beeped an affirmative and Mairra closed her eyes. Her skills lied in sorcery. She was gifted in telekinetics, illusions, and the obscure talents of the Force. In this particular case, she reached to put an illusion around her fighter. Rather than trying to hide it completely, that would be very hard to do and she wasn't sure she could, she made it appear as if it were a simple bird, flying in to land. Even @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="A'donari Cinn"] might be impressed.

Cutting off the communication manually A'donari spoke to himself. "I'm in love.... Ben's going to kick my....." the rumble of his thrusters cut out the rest of his sentence as he slammed down the throttle and took off after Mairra. "What kind of cloaking devises does this ship have if any, Johny? That's your name now droid. Do you like Johny?" BEEEEEEEEEEP. "Of course you don't." he said in a 'how am I not surprised' tone.

"Okay so no cloaking, that's unfortunate. What about cloud cover?" he asked. The droid responded and he knew it meant no. "Gotta do everything yourself."

Letting go seemed like returning home he noticed mentally as he sunk into the force that was consuming him. He reached out away from his body feeling out for the life forms that were approaching as he dove towards the planets surface. To the minds of those around him A'donari would be nothing more than a strange are current sweeping down though without the clouds they wouldn't be able to recognize anything unusual besides possibly chalking it up to an anomaly of the planets strange weather always affected by Antar's gravity.

A'donari realesed his mind and felt checked hi holopad once more after feeling his landing gear connect with the surface. "Well done Johny. A'donari said while opening the cockpit and jumping out. Alright keep her running for me and don't take her for any joy rides." BEEP boop beeeeeeep. It responded making him laugh. He felt out and sensed Mairra's presence close by which he followed as cautiously as possible. In only a few minutes he had reached her shuttle and saw her close by. He walked up next to her and pointed in the distance to the building that towered above all of the others around it like a dagger in the sky. "That's where we're going."

Mairra Fehn

M
When they were landed, Threepeat beeped at her and she dropped the illusion and slumped a bit into her seat. She was going to have to work on that some more, because it was tiring. Maybe she just wasn't ready for such big endeavors. It would come with time, she supposed. Popping off her helmet, she popped the fighters cockpit open and climbed out, landing lightly on the ground.

Realizing she looked rather suspicious in her flight suit, she grabbed her robe from inside of the fighter and pulled it around her. That would make her seem slightly more normal. Then someone was running towards her and she scanned him, but recognized a lightside aura and so smirked when he drew up to her.

"You're slow. That bucket of bolts of yours is going to fall apart."

She clipped her lightsaber to her belt and Threepeat whirred and then beeped at her. She turned and put her hands on her hips as she looked at him.

"No. You will stay with the fighter and alert me if there are any problems. Someone has to watch it while I'm gone. That means you."

Turning back to A'donari, she followed his finger and looked at the building in the distance. Slightly far from them, but reachable. Now she wondered what, exactly, it was that they needed to do there.

"What are we going there for again?"

"Actually I need your droid to send out a message to the soon to be arriving ships that I vaguely contacted before. If I were a betting man, which I'm not but if I were, I would put credits on the hunch that the pirates are holed up at the top of the capital building in the Mayor's office. They would be able to see a threat coming from miles away and can bunker themselves away if need be. I know it's not a lot to go on but the Force is pulling me to the top of that building and that's where I'm going. Have squeaky send out the message and we'll leave in ten minutes. I know of one vessel already in route but beyond that I don't know. Once we move out that will be it. We'll be on our own so be ready for anything." he said in a long winded response.

Mairra Fehn

M
"You hear that?"

She looked at Threepeat again and pointed her finger at the R7 unit. It whirred in response and she wagged her finger at him in warning. The little droid had a way of mucking things up, usually on purpose, and she wasn't going to be having any of that! This was much too important of a situation for such a thing. Shenanigans had their time and place, and this wasn't it.

"So now we wait, I guess. And I'm ready for anything. Always am! Just have to be careful and not get caught. That could be problematic."

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
@[member="Ben Watts"] @[member="Darron Wraith"] @[member="Seroth Ur-Rahn"]

Jaxton looked at the team and the suits, then clenched his metal hand. The events of the World Devastator were too close in his mind. He couldn't trust himself after the accusations he made, the saber's he swung.

"Thanks Ben, but I don't think I can do this right now. I need to think things through for a while. I'll see you all on Antar 5." Jaxton said, and went over to a nearby Jedi Ship heading for the planet. It would take him a lot longer to arrive at the moon then it would for them, but he was okay with that. He honestly didn't want to see them anyways. He held no malice or anger against them, but he needed to sort things out himself, deal with the shame for a little while before looking at the comrads he rose arms against. The transport ship had a few Jedi on it, and he immediately recognized one of them. An Echani Knight by the name of @[member="Cai Sanis"].

"I'd guess this is right up your alley Cai." He casually began conversation. "Got any pointers?"

Cai looked at the newly minted Jedi Master and smiled. This wasn't Cai's first mission of this sort, indeed he hunted pirates near habitually, in addition before becoming a member of the Jedi order he had been part of the special forces for both the Echani and Republic. "They don't play fair," Cai finally managed to say flicking his Echani shield to life. "If intel is correct we need to be prepared for their to be hostages." The shuttle craft shook as it landed onto the moon. "If intel is correct," One of Cai's favorite terms, "then these pirates will be holed up in some old mines. That means close in fighting, which is to our advantage." And then the shuttle door opened and Cai exited. "Unless they are explosive obsessed nut jobs," he took a step off the shuttle, "some pirates are like explosives, and booby traps. It's cliche really."

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton noticed the Echani's familiarity with dealing with pirates. He was glad the Jedi had men like him. It wasn't the most glorious job, but it was one that needed doing and his experience was proving useful. Cai spoke of mines, hostages, close quarters, and explosions. Why did their always have to be tight spaces? Why couldn't a mission be in an open field, or somewhere with a high ceiling, but no. Space suits here, small mines there, stupid enclosed spaces. Jaxton walked off and got onto the planet, then ignited his lightsaber and deflected a bolt coming for his right.

"Looks like we have a welcoming party Cai." He said and sprang into action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom