Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Returning Home

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna let out a scoff, giving her mate a coy smirk. <Cheeky little cat.>

She led them inside, the first thing hitting Taam was the smell of homecooked stew. Nothing seemed to be cooking, but the smell permeated through the air. It was the wood, the walls made still out of the same tree as everything else, so small things stuck around. The smell of stew and home cooking. The smell of old memories, of rain of centuries past, of old blankets and smoldering fires in the fire place.

The immediate lobby was a small mud room, a coatrack off the side, before leading into an open living room. Old red leather couches, quilts probably older than Jonyna was laid across them. A table sat, made of the same furnished wood as everything else. A fire place sat across from it all, the only stone in the whole house's walls, lining a small fire that allowed the house some warmth. Off to the side, picture frames lined the walls, going back...well before Jonyna. The Si Family never seemed to throw a memory away.

Jonyna smiled, looking to Taam with a pep in her step once more, <Come on! The couch is nice and the table has a new holo-projector built in. Custom order.>

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

koDnRX8.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

The first impression Taam had when entering Jonyna's home was that it smelled like the delicious meals she cooked for him on the Reaper. But it was more than home-cooked food, it smelled of...home, it looked like home. Comfortable furniture, old family photos, well work blanket.s He had not had a permanent home for more than six years, and to be immersed in such a place of comfort reminded him of what he had missed during his wandering.

It was simple, as expected. Cathar were not materialistic, finding more pleasure in the things of nature adorning their homes. Not that they didn't take advantage of technology, like his mate's new holo-projector. The couches did look so inviting.

Just as he did on her ship, Taam gave the couches a try. Reclining on one, he grinned <Ahhh... I could get used to this.> The big Cathar crooned, leaning back. <How long has this house been in your family, or was it one that you had made?>

Um9wLtZ.png

<Since long before I was born.> She nodded, pulling her lightsaber out and placing it on the table. It was preparation for what came next. What came after. For now, though... <The Si Family was one of the few remaining families that survived the Mandalorian purge of the planet. We fled into the Jungle, the thousand survivors. They planted Scar of Kuun, and rebuilt. This house was one of the first ones built into the tree...>

TAg: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

koDnRX8.jpg

Watching Jonyna lay her lightsaber on the table, he retrieved his own and set it next to hers. As she spoke, he studied the room, his eyes falling again to the pictures.

<My ancestors left with most of the others during the Purge. Our tribe settled on Kashyyyk. The forests were much like the jungles here, with big trees. When the others returned, we stayed on Kashyyyk. Over time, our tribe had become almost symbiotic with the local Wookiee tribes. It had become home.> Taam replied, shrugging. He never faulted his forefathers and mothers for not returning to Cathar. Kashyyyk was the only home he had known and was happy with it. But to finally see the world of his people, to sit in a home-tree, was a bit surreal.

<It seems the Si name is an integral part of this place.> Taam added thoughtfully.

koDnRX8.jpg

<I'd love to show you my tribe's home. You'd love swinging through the wroshry trees.> Taam replied with a happy grin. Jonyna had shown him so much, in a lot of ways. He would like to show her something about it too. Soon, he hoped.

<Yes, I'll indulge you all you want. I am here to see as much as I can.> The big Cathar nuzzled Jonyna as she leaned on him, reaching to take her hand. <Show me.>

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna let out a breath, reaching out with the Force and disassembling her saber, revealing a bright ruby crystal. <Alright Mom, come out.> She had mentioned to Taam her mother lived in her crystal, now she wanted to show it.

The ruby crystal shined, and suddenly floated into the air, before a female form, clad in robes much older than either of them, appeared out of the ether.

9JyzBtg.png

<Ah, I see you're finally introducing me Daughter.>

Last edited:

koDnRX8.jpg

Curious, Taam watched as Jonyna deftly disassembled her saber, until she retrieved a bright crimson crystal. As the gem seemed to take a life of its own, floating and growing brghter, Taam sat up straighter on the couch. Then, she appeared.

Taam stood, partially out of respect, partly because he didn't expect it. Yes, Jonyna had said her mother was in the crystal, but that could mean a lot of things, from figuratively to metaphysical, to literally. And Because of what he had already learned about CiCi Ci, and the power it took to continue on as a Force ghost, Taam already held the woman in great honor. He bowed.

<Master Si, Taam Moghul.> He offered, seeing the resemblence in the 1,000 year old ghost to his own mate.

Um9wLtZ.png

The woman looked the Cathar up and down, pursing her lips.

<A knight...Do not call me Master. My padawans called me Master. I had long retired from the order, before even she was born. Just call me Cici. I will not judge you as a jedi. But...as a mother...> She gave the man a sly smirk.
<I take it my daughter has found comfort in you?>

koDnRX8.jpg

If the Force ghost of Jonyna's mother put him off by her rather direct question, the Cathar male didn't show it. Taam only sported a small smile and a tilt of his head. <Cici, then.> He confirmed her request. While a well-traveled Jedi Knight, this was is first visit with a long-gone Jedi.

Taam looked over at Jonyna and almost giggled. <You would have to ask her if I give her comfort, but I promise I do try.> He explained, using some of his more diplomatic skills. <And she has been more than good to me.> Taam added.

koDnRX8.jpg

<I can hunt, yes.> Taam replied with a nod. <A Cathar isn't worth his weight if he can't hunt.> He added with a grin. <Though I learned to hunt on Kashyyyk. I am from the Kashyyk Tribe, that settled there after the Mandalorians and the Purge.>

Taam wondered if that would work against him in gaining favor with his mate's mother. He could see where some Cathar purists would look down on the tribes that didn't return to Cathar.

koDnRX8.jpg

So Cici Was familiar with his people, and she took her compliments with a small smile. <I hope to show Jonyna my tribal home on Kashyyyk.> Taam commented. When his mate's mother asked about his largest take-down, he laughed a bit, remembering the harrowing experience. <The biggest and worst was an acklay on Vendaxa.> He admitted. Taam had been a bit younger, and intentionally tracked the creature as it left the water to stalk the plains on it' own hunt. He still had two of it's teeth on his ship stored away on Coruscant.

Um9wLtZ.png

<An Acklay?> Cici looked to her daughter, sitting next to her. <Oooo, 'Nyna I think this one's a catch.>

<Moooom....> Jonyna whined, earning a chuckle from both of them.

<So then tell me, young male, what draws you to my daughter? It's her butt, isn't it?>

<MOM!>

Cici devolved into giggles, giving Taam a knowing smirk.

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam could then see where Jonyna got her spark. Cici was a live wire, even beyond the grave. Her antics had Taam chuckling and his mate back on her heels. The male smiled sidelong at Jonyna. Cici wasn't wrong, Jonyna was a glorious example of a female Denik, her build powerful and fit but still womanly.

<Well, I mean... look at her, can you blame me?>
Taam teased, playing along with Cici in taunting Jonyna. <But honestly, she is remarkable, in so many ways.> He added, giving Jonyna a loving grin.

koDnRX8.jpg

Cici was putting both Taam and her daughter on the spot, and seemed to be enjoying it. The male chuckled, glancing again at Jonyna. <This one, she is a free-spirit, spunky and funny. I love her inner strength, her bravery and loyalty. She is generous, and I have to admit, I find her tendency to go against the grain, even of the Order, very attractive.> Taam replied, his grin widening to a smile.

There was a sincere gleam in his eye as he looked to Jonyna, reaching to rest hand at the small of his mate's back.

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna blushed a deep red, unable to hide behind her fur.

<She gets a lot of that from her father.> Cici nods. <He was always one to push back against the elders. Believed that Cathar should be a home to all, not just Cathar. It was a big deal back during out era. The Elders believed that we should stay out of galactic politics.>

<Kinda funny...considering...>

<Yes, well, my leanings didn't always line up with your fathers. I believed it was not a jedi's duty to be a general. The Clone Wars were a conflict I happily sat out, and worried for the safety of my new family.> The ghost looked to Taam, frowning slightly. <So, tell me, what caused you to become a wanderer? I've seen a few jedi in my time go down that path, and it's never without a bit of trauma.>

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam remained quiet during the short exchange between his mate and her mother. it seemed that Jonyna's strong convictions came from both of her parents, even though the convictions between her mother and father were not always shared.

Cici turned her attention again to Taam, who should not have been surprised by the Force ghost's question, given how direct Cici had already been. The male felt no reason to share, he had already great respect for the woman. He did glance at Jonyna, his face becoming more sober.

<My padawan and I were on a mission, during the war. She was killed. It was on a battlefield. She was not a soldier and I should not have had her there.> Taam knew Cici would be perceptive enough to extrapolate what followed next. Guilt was a powerful emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom