Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Returning Home

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna just let a giggle out as she led them back down the stairs, to the bedrooms. Once more, they stood in front of hers, and she poked at the door, the door sliding open to reveal a small couch that faced the door, leading into a large bedroom, a king sized bed with a blanket that looked to be handmade from Cathar plant-fiber, dark blue in color, and...quite a count of pillows up against the backboard. Two small nightstands sat on each end, while a Rebel Alliance flag flew over the back of the bed, clearly taken from somewhere authentic.

Facing the bed on the far wall, a holovision was set up under a desk that looked to be City-wood which looked to be covered in miscellaneous bits and bobs from over the years. An Imperial Cap from someone clearly important, a blaster mounted on a small stand, a data chip sealed in a small box. The walls had clearly been repainted at some point to a dark green artistic rendition of the jungles of their home-world, save for a wall off to the side that seemed to be painted like a savannah. As Jonyna led them in, she hung her own coat up on a small coat rack that was off to the side. immediately revealing a fresh scar dead center of her back, fur still slowly regrowing to cover it. "Here she is. My...our room. I'll let you know off the bat, left side of the bed is mine, and I will not share." Clearly she was teasing. "Bathroom is off to the left, and I'll be showing you that later~"

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

koDnRX8.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Taam was mildly surprised after they entered Jonyna's room. It was a room, a bedroom, more than a ship's quarters. Plain bulkheads had become painted walls with lovely murals of what must have been inspired by Cathar's landscape. A large, comfortable bed, an impressive desk and all the personal trappings of a true home lent to the comfort of the room.

"Luckily, I'm a right-sider." Taam responded cheekily. "I hope you don't mind that I sleep in the nude." He teased with waggling eyebrows. He was looking forward to what he would be shown 'later."

The large Cathar stalked around the room, peeking into the 'fresher and examining the momentos displayed on the desk. Like the imperial helmet in the armory, Taam knew each item on the desk must have had some connection to a significant event or person in the past.

Then he noticed the freshly healed scar on his mate's back. Moving closer, he reached to run a single finger lightly down the puckered scar tissue. "And what is this from?" He asked with sincere curiosity.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Like I said, I got impaled." Jonyna said softly, letting out a small grunt at the finger running over supple skin. "Darth Malum. I'm gonna get him back for it soon, I hope." A closer inspection of her showed quite a few more scars hidden under soft fur. A blaster bolt to the kidney, a knife wound to the shoulder, a sword cut to the right arm that rightfully should've taken the arm clean off, but...didn't. "And don't worry, I do too." She chuckled. "Then again, that's gonna be nothing new to us." She let out a knowing giggle. "Come on, lemme show you the bed at least." She led them over, sitting down on the edge of the mattress to show off her scar a bit more carefully. "Bastard got me from the back with a floating saber. Cheap trick, but at least I know not to go anywhere without my Guardian Armor anymore..."

The bed was probably the most expensive thing here, cloud like consistancy covered by an extra layer of silk padding, and a pair of sheets that looked to be right out of a mansion. Not that the bed was well maintained in appearance, Jonyna was very clearly not one to put in the effort to make her bed every night.

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam nodded, he hadn't known how recent her run-in with Malum had been. That Sith now had two Cathar looking to pay him back for the wound. "He will pay." Taam mumured, his tone dipping soberly.

He followed Jonyna to the bed, sitting next to her on the mattress. Her scars were not unfamilar to him, though many he had felt with his hands more than seen with his eyes. They were marks of a noble life.

Taam's had his scars too, but none as impressive as Jonyna's. The wounds that caused his were usually not as severe as those that adorned his mate's skin. Taam's talents lent to a strong defense, which meant fewer severe injuries. His newest was the fresh scar on his chest near the left shoulder. That was inflicted by the other woman in Taam's life, so to speak, Tigris. Ironically, she too was a woman from a lost era, a Seyugi assassin freed from carbonite. Taam fought her in the Outer Rim, where the skilled Darksider's vibroblade found it's mark. In the end, Taam defeated her. Happy ending though, as she turned from the Dark Side and was undergoing padawan training at the Jakku Enclave.

The mattress was unexpectedly comfortable, plush even, and the sheets so soft. She may have been a fierce warrior, but Jonyna didn't deny herself comfort. Taam was actually relieved to see that the bed was not perfectly made, nor the room spotless. He was not the tidiest person himself. "Very comfy," He commented, his large hand brushing over the blue blanket. "I assume it's sturdy enough?" He asked, his teasing continuing.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Gods I hope so." She teased back, pushing him down onto the bed. "But I guess there's only one way to find out..."

c6zR8TG.jpeg
Their arrival out of hyperspace was what finally forced Jonyna to crawl back out of bed. A low growl escaped her maw as she slipped back into decency, and out of the bedroom, poking her head out to look into the cockpit. "Are we there yet?"

<Arriving at Ran Dom Kuun in 3 minutes! Entering atmosphere now!> The PA translated. Jonyna made a note to teach Taam binary at some point.

"Alright sleepy head, wake up. We're home..." She picked up a small slipper, and tossed it lazily across the room at Taam's form.

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam awoke when he felt the warm form of his mate slip from the bed, but indulging in a comfort he had not known in a long time, the big Cathar remained happily still. Jonyna was the only one to ever truly match his stamina. In fact, she left him well worn. He could hear Jonyna checking on their progress from the D-1 droid. As much as he was looking forward to being planet-side on Cathar, he would not complain about having to wait a bit longer, if they could just stay in that big bed.

But it was not to be. When the slipper came at him. a thickly muscled arm shot up, snatching it with his firm grip. Taam chuckled under his breath. "Alright, alright." he answered, and slipped from the bed. He dressed, but not before moving to Jonyna, taking her in his arms and kissing her lovingly. His hum and his grin told her all she needed to know. He was a mate who was very, very satisfied. And now, he would make a monumental visit, to the home of his ancestors.

Um9wLtZ.png

As they entered the bridge, they could both see it as the ship entered the atmosphere. Endless savannah, and a jungle that acted as a ring around the equator.

<There she is.> Jonyna spoke in their native tongue. <Home. Our world.>

Slowly, they came down to the equator, to just north of it, to a massive tree. From above, it looked as if they were approaching a mountain, the massive trunk reaching up to the clouds as they entered into a small rainstorm, loud thumping hitting the glasteel window of the bridge as water poured down onto the tree. To Jonyna, it was a familiar sight. To Taam, surely it was a new experience. Jonyna looked to her mate to see his reaction, as they slowly came down to a branch that acted as a landing pad.

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam joined Jonyna in the cockpit. Her announcement, spoken in their native tongue and with a sense of reverence, introduced Taam to his true homeworld. He found it beautiful. But when he saw the home tree, Taam showed a rare expression of amazement. He grew up on Kashyyyk, so he was familiar with large trees and massive forests, and villages in the trees. But this was nothing like anything he'd ever seen.

They lost the visual as the Reaper descended into the low-hanging storm clouds, emerging well into the tree-city. The ship settled on a branch so big it was crafted into a landing pad.

Taam stood upright. turning to look at his mate. A sudden wide grin graced his maw. Already he felt a tight excitement in his stomach, eager to meet the land of his ancestors. "Show it to me." He crooned to Jonyna.

Um9wLtZ.png

<Try and keep up.> She spoke with a glee, leading him by the hand back down to the landing bay.

The moment they exited the ship, they were met by other Denik that seemed ready to check their ship.

<Hey Rala.> Jonyna greeted one of the male, who nodded to her.

<Normal check up, or you want the works, Sage Si?> The male spoke with a sense of reverence to her, and he paused as he looked to her new mate. <You're...Taam, aren't you?>

The rain never stopped, and all three of them were soaked. The sound of distant thunder filled the air, and the cry of animals within the tree rung through the branches of the city-tree.

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam had grabbed his cloak and lightsaber before leaving the ship. While he was eager to try both the coat and the weapon Jonyna had made for him, he felt neither were needed, and could prove threatening. The Cathar strode along at his mate's side. It was apparent that he was not Denik, lacking any of the striping of their kind. The more observant could also note that his tail moved with less animation that a Denik's.

The rain hindered neither the couple nor the crew that met them on the pad. Jonyna knew the pad officer, it seemed. There was no mistaking the respect in his tone as he addressed his mate. When Rala addressed him, Taam nodded. "I am." He had no idea how this man knew of him, and his eyes glanced over at Jonyna questioningly.

Um9wLtZ.png

<Ah...> The male spoke, looking to Jonyna. <Glad to finally meet you.>

Jonyna let out a cough. <Taam, I'm my tribe's sage, so...everyone knows all my hot gossip.> She probably should've mentioned that, but, now the cat's out of the bag, it seems. <This is Rala Gowasi, he's the brother of my lead designer.>

<And Sage Si's personal mechanic.> He smiled. <Jonyna mentioned you last time I fixed up her ship.>

<Downside of growing up in a tree, everyone knows everyone.>

koDnRX8.jpg

Soon, Taam realized that Rala was not just a landing officer checking them in. The prodigal Cathar grinned but shot Jonyna another sidelong glance. How did this stranger know of him. Well, his mate finally began to fill him in on some details she had held close. While Jonyna had hinted at some notoriety at home, she understated her role. She was the tribal Sage. Blast, that woman was constantly pulling out surprises.

<"Well met, Rala. I suppose you are responsible for how well she hums..."> Taam added, jabbing a thumb over his shoulder at the Reaper. His dialect of Catharese had subtle differences than the Denik of Cathar. Taam's Catharese developing on Kashyyyk after a millenium, but surprisingly mirrored the original in most ways.

Turning to Jonyna, Taam smirked. <"Can I expect more of these little surprises today?"> He teased, somehow not really shocked that his larger-than-life mate held such a popular position in her tribe.

Um9wLtZ.png

<I did mention when we first met that I already had my own mural on the tree. We'll see that in a bit. For now, how's your climbing skill?>

The light tease caused her to blush, but it wasn't unearned. She knew most of her position was earned, but not in her heart. She still felt a bit of unease to her position as Sage.

As she led them deeper into the branch that held the starport, it became clear very quickly to Taam. Jonyna knew every face in this tree. Everyone treated her with a level of respect, and yet she knew every name that passed them. Even if it was a small wave and a hello, she held every soul in the canopy at heart.

koDnRX8.jpg

<So you did, my love.> Taam replied with a light laugh.

As they made their way further into the interior, new revelation hit him. He had known Jonyna in many places, New Cov, Alderaan, Coruscant, even aboard her ship. But looking back, Taam realized she treated none of them like home. Only now did he realize the significance of her homeworld. It was not just a word that described where she was from. It was truly home, and he could see it in every face that lit up at the sight of her, in every greeting that was jovial but laced with respect. It was clear in the brilliant gleam in Jonyna's gaze, home meant all the world to her.

Taam tried not to feel like an outsider. He was Cathar, and this was the world of Cathars. But he had never been there, and certainly not among the Denik. But he didn't let that dampen his mood, nor mar Jonyna's. He felt a swell of pride to call this revered woman his mate, and it showed on his face.
<It is good to see that I am not the only one who sees how truly magnificent you are.> Taam crooned in her ear as they walked. <I could not be more proud to be the mate at your side.>

Um9wLtZ.png

<Oh, pssssh.> She let out a low, embarrassed growl. He really did have the ability to make her blush at the drop of a hat. <I'll need to show you how to tree-surf soon. For now, let's just use the long way. Hope you got a good grip.>

With that, she leapt down to a near branch, her claws digging into the bark, and clearly she wasn't the first. The bark of the tree was well worn, generations of Denik having leapt and climbed through these branches. She looked up, ready for him to join her. <Come on! I wanna show off my house.>

koDnRX8.jpg

Jonyna's playfulness drew Taam from his musings. <Of course I can climb!> While Taam didn't grow up among the city-trees of Cathar, his tribe dwelt in the giant wroshyr trees of Kashyyyk. In a feat of agility that belied his heavily muscled frame, Taam dug his large claws into the tree and swung down to land lightly beside Jonyna. His face was alight with a pleased smile. It felt good to move among giant trees again. His tail wasn't prehensile like the Deniks, but it was part of what helped the big Cathar move with excellent balance along the limbs of the collosal city-tree.

With the promise of seeing her house, Taam reminded her of another promise. <Don't forget to show me your tree-mural too!>

Um9wLtZ.png

<Oh trust me, we'll see it.> Jonyna smiled as she led them down. Finally having someone just as athletic as her alongside her in her own tree was thrilling to the Denik. Sure, he wasn't tree-surfing alongside her, but that could come in time. Branches and canopy were now a playground for the two, Jonyna leaping down from branch to branch, showing off her acrobatic prowess more often than not purely for stylistic flair to her mate made her feel like the two of them were teens just showing off once more. It was yet another case of him making her feel young. She loved it.

She loved him.

Finally, they made it to a stop. A small cabin, carved right into the trunk of the tree. Jonyna smiled and couldn't help but lean lightly onto the side of Taam as looked onto it. There was one more surprise she had for him, but that would come in time. For now though, she pointed up, above the cabin. There it was, a mural painted across the generations.

A stylistic representation. A denik with a ruby blade, standing side by side with another, that same ruby blade held in the others hand, both standing opposed to a platoon of stormtroopers, a star destroyer looming overhead.

<...we held them off. Me and Mom.> She said with a bit of reverence in her voice.
<While my team took down the star destroyer, me and mom took down their army. Cici and Jonyna Si, Master Shadow, and Rebel Knight, two generations standing up against a seemingly unstoppable force.>

koDnRX8.jpg
Taam would have to admit it took a lot of effort to keep up with Jonyna. Her superior agility aside, he wondered if the elation of being home also drove his Denik mate to make her way through the city-tree with such speed and skill. Regardless, Taam wasn't far behind when she finally lighted upon a giant branch. Before them was a home carved into the massive trunk. Above it Taam saw the mural.

Taam drew closer to Jonyna, his amber gaze lifted to study the artwork. It was sort of surreal to see the heroic depiction of his mate, especially with the second figure that bore such a resemblance to Jonyna. It was an epic story told in a single image. But Taam knew it was much more than a story, it was history.

<That would have been a sight to see.> Taam breathed under his breath, sharing the reverent moment. His gaze fell again to Jonyna. <It's not everyone who gets to come back and see the legacy they left.> He mused. It was no wonder she was made the Sage and carried such respect among her tribe.

Um9wLtZ.png

<Messes with my head.> Jonyna admits. <Seeing what the world remembered me as. What my family remembered me as. If you had asked me before I went into the ice, would've told you it's all I could've ever asked for. And yet...I dunno, it doesn't feel like I earned it yet. Ya know?>

Her posture slumped as she talked, the confidence draining from her as her charisma faded in favor of an honest vulnerability.

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam could see a glimpse of the weight of expectation upon Jonyna's shoulders. Over the centuries, a hero's actions could grow into legend. Returning to that must carry some burden. <Whether or not you believe you deserve it, they do.> He nodded up at the mural. <It's just as admirable to be humble, which you are.> Taam offered, placing a caring hand around her.

<Now, let me see if you keep your home as tidy as your ship.> He teased, his tone lifting and nudging her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom