Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Returning Home

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna always seemed to be on the move, at Taam Moghul Taam Moghul was quick to figure out. Maybe it was old instincts, the want to keep out of the hands of the Empire. Either way, she was excited. Despite the fact they had just made it to Coruscant, Jonyna was already ready to leave.

But this wasn't some random trip. Jonyna had a destination that she knew would interest Taam.

Cathar.

A return to the homeland he had never seen. To show him not just her own home-tree, but the home-world.

Of course, first she'd have to show him her ship. To her, that was just as much home as anything else.

She led Taam to the temple hanger bay, and up to a massive corvette that sat in the hanger, painted in Cathar markings with a massive Rebel Alliance symbol across the top.

sienar_fleet_systems_scout_ship_by_adamkop_d6p2t7i-fullview.jpg

"There she is, the Reaper. My...second ship, technically. First is the Tenacity, but that's still in repairs. Turns out getting frozen for 900 years isn't good for the durasteel." She chuckled, "I'll get that thing up and running one of these days. Reaper is cool though. She's got a lounge, training room...a pool." She gave Taam a nudge, smiling.

66nuKk8.jpg

Taam had no qualms with Jonyna Si Jonyna Si 's eagerness to head out after their brief stay on Coruscant. He had been a wanderer for many years, and was as accustomed to being on the move as his Denik mate. The couple planned to visit Cathar, her homeworld and the origin of his bloodline. It would prove a significant visit for both. For Jonyna, it was a needed re-connection to home, and a chance to share it with Taam. For Taam, it meant learning about the place that shaped Jonyna, as well as the roots of his people, who left Cathar ages ago in time of war to become part of the Cathar diaspora in the galaxy.

In the temple hanger, Jonyna guided her mate to the Reaper. It was much larger than the Pride, his own ship, which had been moved to a short-term storage bay while the couple traveled together. Jonyna spoke proudly of her ship, boasting of its amenities, none of which his cramped armed courier possessed. Taam had lived a rather austere lifestyle during his time of wandering. But between the Jadeites and Jonyna, his inventory was growing with high-quality, updated items.

"Looks like we're going to travel in style." He quipped wryly, giving his mate a smirk. "Our flying honeymoon suite." He teased, nudging her back. A labor droid stood behind him with two hard cases of his possessions, he instructed the droid to load them aboard the Reaper.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Proposing already? How bold." Jonyna purred. "Not sure we're there yet though, <My King>" Her tail idly brushed up against his leg, as she led them into the ship. The first hatch opened to a small armory, Jonyna's weapons laid haplessly about, as well as a few that were clearly mementos from another time. Blaster Rifles that would probably do well in a museum, a stormtrooper helmet that looked to be as old as Jonyna was with a set of claw marks across the face that were definitely of her origin, and a sniper rifle that looked to be modified to all hell. Jonyna didn't seem to pay any of it mind, as she led them up a ladder, and into the lounge she spoke of.

Old leather couches sat in an L shape around a holo-vision that looked like it was much newer than the ship itself, a Pazaak table off to the side, next to the door of a small kitchenette that already smelled like cooking steak, Jonyna clearly having prepped for her mate's arrival. The smell of saltwater also lingered, a hall in the back of the lounge indeed leading to a pool, and a set of rooms. "I'll show you my room in a bit. First though, you hungry?"

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

66nuKk8.jpg

"Of course not... I'd find a much more romantic place to propose than at the gangway to your ship. Just saying... if." Taam replied with a laugh. It was a bold tease indeed. Both of them knew the significance of marriage in Cathar tradition. It was for life, and if your mate died, you didn't take another.

Taam followed Jonyna through the ship's armory, which contained more weapons than one woman could use. Some were models so old he wondered if they even operated. A smirk touched his muzzle when he saw the stormtrooper helmet. The claw marks across it were like a signature Taam could read. Those exact claw marks showed up in welts across his body from time to time. Jonyna's claws.

Up in the lounge, Taam found it homey and comfortable, less like a ship's lounge and more like a home. Maybe it was the delectable scent of cooking meat that made it feel so. The aroma saturated the typical recycled air found inside starships. "It smells like home." He commented. Taam's predator nose also detected the hint of saltwater too, learning it was from the pool down the passage.

Jonyna asked if he were hungry. The woman should have known by then that Taam was always hungry. "Feth yes, <my Queen>." He shot back with a wide grin, baring his large canines. She planned well for his arrival aboard. "You knew I would be...didn't you." Taam added with a wry gleam in his amber eyes as he moved closer, wrapped an arm around her waist and nuzzled her neck.

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Woman's intuition." She teased, leading them into the kitchenette. A pan was already cooking a set of bantha steaks, Jonyna grabbing it and flipping them. "I enjoy my steaks cooked medium rare. Makes it easy to chew. How bout you? Set these up just before I went to grab you. You can try out the couch too. Just look out for my pet. He's...around here somewhere."

The sound of skittering could be heard from somewhere in the area of the lounge. Clearly an animal...

66nuKk8.jpg

"Medium rare." Taam confirmed. "Not gonna complain if its more rare than medium." he added with a grin as he peered around Jonyna in the kitchenette to eye the searing steaks. Again his appetite was whetted.

At Jonyna's prompting, Taam returned to the sitting area. He had forgone robes, going for a pair of tan utility pants, brown tunic and a matching cloak. The cloak was stripped from his broad shoulders and set aside. Heeding his mate's warning, Taam looked for this 'pet'. He heard it moving about but didn't see it. inhaling, he detected its scent, but couldn't identify it. Carefully, he sat on one end of a couch. It proved comfortable and he sat back, spreading his arms across the back of it as he peered back into the kitchenette. "Comfy." He quipped.

"How often do you travel with your padawans?" Taam asked.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Pretty often, but right now they're doing some solo training. Ko is off on Dorin, his homeworld. Rayia is dealing with her own biological issues. She's a Felacatian, so she...turns into this big weretiger thing. I'm having her read up on it to try and figure out how to control it."

From the other end of the couch, a little head poked out. The Raycon sniffed the air, his little hands grabbing at the couch arm and pulling himself up. The little kit crawled over, sniffing the air before sniffing Taam himself. Jonyna followed a minute later, frowning at the sight. "There you are!" She held a pan in one hand, steaks still sizzling in it. "You can take yours, it's the left one." She sat down, scooping the animal under her off-hand. "You little bandit, come to mama." She snickered as the kit struggled, Jonyna blushing slightly. "This is Guffy by the way. He's someone I got as a present. He's harmless, just...a little rascal."

66nuKk8.jpg

Taam had yet to meet Ko, but he had met Rayia a couple times. She was a good-natured person, sweet even. But even in those few encounters, he could see a predator within her. Sometime just beneath the surface, adn definitely in her fanged smile. When he heard took the form of a large carnivore, he was doubly impressed. "I'd love to see that." He mused. But maybe not just yet. It sounded like the padawan needed to learn to manage her primal form first.

A movement seen from the corner of his eye drew Taam's attention. A small creature was peering at him from the other end of the couch. Remaining motionless, he patiently waited for the critter to draw closer, clearly curious. It crept close enough to sniff the stranger, then Jonyna appeared, skillet in hand. A large claw slid from Taam's forefinger and he speared the steak with it, lifting it from the pan. He watched his mate snatch up the creature and join him.

"Guffy, huh? Well, nice to meet you little guy." Taam mocked a formal greeting for Jonyna's squirming pet. "Its good to have a companion when you travel. All I have is very old D-1 droid. He's not much for conversation. He's older than even you." Taam quipped with a wink at Jonyna.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Oh! I have one too....that reminds me. Stay here!"

Jonyna rushed off down the hall, grinning as she did.

Guffy seemed to stare at the large cathar, blinking every so often. His eyes were very big, and eager to see the world. After a moment, he seemed to settle into Taam's lap, curling up with his little ring tail.

Jonyna came back a few minutes later, a zippered up coat bag with something inside in one hand, and a long box, almost as tall as she was, in the other. "I made you some things." She grinned, a skip in her step. "Some uh...presents, let's call them." Behind her, a droid of her own, the same model as Taam's. A D-1. "Oh! and this is Dice. He's uh...got a long life story."

66nuKk8.jpg

Glancing up and watching Jonyna prance down the hall, Taam continued to enjoy his steak, wondering at the her glee. Guffy, supposedly finding Taam safe, made himself comfortable on the big Cathar's lap. Taam paused to pet the creature for a moment. Soon enough, Jonyna returned with her arms full. Taam's brow furrowed in curiosity. He noted the D-1 behind her, a unit in better shape then K-4. It must have been destiny, that the two of them would both have the now scarce model of the almost ancient droids.

"Gifts?" Taam asked, a bit perplexed. Was it a special occasion he missed? It seemed a season of receiving gifts. Master Ike had given him several on Ahch-To as well. He was not used to it, and he found it very humbling that others, and Jonyna, would give him presents for no reason at all. "What did I do to deserved gifts?" He said with a boyish grin.

Last edited:
Um9wLtZ.png

"Be the boyfriend to the luckiest girl in the galaxy, who also happens to own a multi-billion credit company." She gave him a wink, offering the two. Inside the garment bag, a massive fur lined coat sat. "That one's to keep you safe. Shell-Spider Silk, lined with wood from my <Home-Tree>, little bit of cortosis weave in the stitch to ward off lightsabers, and it's lined with the fur from our first kill." She leaved over, giving Taam a peck. "And I imbued with my own energy. The Force will protect you, <Mate>" The word she spoke last meant a lot more than just mate, a word used by the Cathar to signify new love. Simple love. Love they hoped would last. She then handed over the box, letting him open it first.

66nuKk8.jpg

"Looks like I'm the lucky one!" Taam laughed as he watched Jonyna open the garment bag. She produced the heavy coat. Taking it in his hands, his large fingers traced the cortosis stitching, feeling the elements of wood within the durable silk fabric, caressing the fur lining. As he felt the fur, he remembered that panthac they killed on New Cov. It felt the same, though cleaner and softer.

Then, Taam paused a moment with the garment in his hands. Yes, he could feel it, the Force within the coat itself. It was an extraordinary gift, one made specifically for him out of love. His smile beamed with a humble gratitude. When Jonyna leaned in to kiss his cheek, Taam's hand lifted to brush lightly at her cheek. <Thank you , my Mate.> He repeated the same word his beloved had used.

Finally, he took the long box she offered. Opening it, revealed a large sword. Eagerly but carefully, Taam wrapped his hand around the hilt and lifted it from the box. It was a glorious weapon. Its relative lightness for its size and luminescent silver finish suggested it was forged of songsteel. Yet it had sufficient weight to deliver a devastating blow. He could feel the Force flow easily through the entire construction. To forge such a weapon would have been done at great cost and effort. Taam's gaze lifted to Jonyna, his muzzle open, as if in disbelief. But that was not all.

His amber gaze slid along the flawless blade. Etched upon it where Cathar runes. Kta Dom Lya... Blade of Light. He gripped the the leather-warpped hilt in both hands, holding it up, making small movements. Expertly balanced. "My queen...." Taam spoke, his voice a low rasp, almost a whisper. "...it is the most beautiful weapon I have ever seen." His elated gaze moved to Jonyna. "You will be my sword and shield, even when we are not together." It might have been a bit too poetic, but Taam was overwhelmed by the exquisite gifts Jonyna had made for him. He looked upon her with a whole new love and respect, for her skill and for the incredible labor of love.

Moving to face her, he held Kta Dom Lya in one hand and pulled Jonyna close with the other. With his strong arm wrapped around her waist, Taam kissed Jonyna passionately and unrestrained, pouring his gratitude and love into the oral embrace.

Um9wLtZ.png

To say the embrace was returned in kind was an understatement. Jonyna threw herself into the kiss with a heated passion, her tail wrapping around Taam's leg as she did, gripping it to show her true affections. They could do that later though. After a long quiet, the D-1 beeped, and Jonyna took a breath, her face now flush as the bot beeped once again.

"Yeah yeah. Let's get going. Come on, lemme show you the rest of the ship. Then we can get you...moved in." Her tail brushed once more against his leg, as she hopped to her feet. She led them into the back hall, passing idly by the massive swimming pool, and side hot tub that she had installed since rediscovering the ship. She made a mental note to make use of that later. For now though...

"This one's Rayia's room, make sure to knock first. This one is Ko's room, and uh....don't open it. He's a Kel Dor, so he's got his own atmosphere set up there. It's got it's own airlock for him, so we just ping him over the PA system when we need him. This one is..." She paused, a sly smile coming across her face as she blushed. "...my room. But uh...it can be our room if you want. There's also plenty of spare rooms if you want your own space." There was a skip in her step there, as she entered the cockpit. "And here's the cockpit. I know it looks a little stale, but Dice here is the one who actually flies. I used to have a pilot back in the day, but..." Jonyna stopped herself, letting out a deep breath. "...I've been considering hiring a crew, but ya know...it's not the same. Unless you wanna fly it." She blinked. "...are you good at piloting? You said you had a D-1, so I just assumed that you had him fly your ship...but...are you?"

The bot in question immediately rolled past the two, getting to work on getting the ship started for their journey.

66nuKk8.jpg

At the astromech's prompting, the Cathar couple broke off their ardent affections. "right, right." Taam added, giving Jonynya's upper arms a final caress before stepping back. The two knights resumed their composure. Taam returned the greatsword to its case and the coat to the garment bag. Then he followed Jonyna down the passageway. noting the padawan's rooms, and which was which.

As they paused before Jonyna's quarters, Taam pondered the offer to share. He had been alone a long time, and valued his privacy. But when it came to Jonyna, he would covet every moment he could with her. The subject could be brought up after the tour.

In the cockpit, he quickly took in the controls. "I can fly pretty well." Taam answered humbly. "K-4 usually takes the controls, but sometimes I like to take the seat." Taam did like to fly, but the Pride was a stock patrol courrier and not as fun to fly as a starfighter. He hadn't flown a one since he had begun his wandering. Having returned, the prodigal knight did look forward to the opportunity again.

Um9wLtZ.png

The roar of the engine filled the air as it came to life, Jonyna chuckling. "You'll have to get used to that. Still not sure what's wrong with it to make it so loud. I'll let you fly some time then. See if we can't do some loopdiloops." Jonyna tugged his arm, leading him over to a staricase into the upper deck. Taam could feel the ship come to life as they climbed the stairs, Jonyna paying it no mind. Instead, she led them to a room that sat dead center of the hall, a red cross atop the doorway. "This is our medical bay. I...don't know how to operate half the stuff in it, but Dice does!" She gave a naive smile, not wanting to admit that she didn't know how most of the ship worked. "Makes it easy to recover from a battle though. I had to spent a week in there after I got impaled by a sith."

66nuKk8.jpg

The tour continued and the couple kept close, not because the ship was cramped, but because they enjoyed the nearness. They paused at the med bay. The Pride was too small to house a med bay. The best it could boast was tight quarters for two. To know that such a facility was available, and that Dice was adept at using its tools, was an encouragement. It seemed it had already proved vital in saving Jonyna. Taam had a hunch the two of them would get themselves into situations where they would need the med bay in the future as well. Cathars were not ones to sit on the sidelines.

"Then I am very grateful to Dice." Taam commented with a smirk. "I hope you paid that Sith back for such an offense. I'd like to see that scar." Jonyna's mate insisted. To Taam, scars were not ugly, they were marks of character, of stories, and therefore attractive. He had come to know Jonyna's scars fairly intimately, though he did not know the story behind most of them.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Later, <My King>." She teased, "And yeah, I got him back. Stole his lightsaber, and turned it into this puppy." She pulled a blaster out from her coat, designed in the shape of the head of a Krayt Dragon. "Kyber Pistol. Called it Paul. Hits like a freighter to the face." She gave her mate a sly smirk, winking as she led them into a massive cargo bay, three speeder bikes sitting off to the side, while an X-wing sat in the middle. "This is our cargo bay. Roof opens up, so you can fly Sky Tiger here right out of the bay if we need to. Doorway in acts as a cargo bay. If you got any special toys you wanna store in here, go ahead. We got plenty of space. And, it doubles as a training room."

<Jump to Hyperspace, in 1 minute!> The bot called out, his binary translated over the PA system of the ship.

66nuKk8.jpg

There seemed to be no end to Jonyna's gadgets and creations. Taam eyed the kyber pistol. His mate was someone who put significance into everything. It was a Cathar thing, and even a Wookiee thing. Taking significant materials and items, like a defeated foes saber crystal, and making something useful and meaningful from them. Like his new coat and sword. Jonyna put into those things parts of herself. Wood from the homeworld, or the Force from her own body. It was a glimpse into Jonyna that only endeared her more to Taam. She was the pinnacle of life with meaning.

He also eyed her X-Wing, a fine looking craft. As a wanderer, he had nothing of significant size to take up room in the cargo hold. At least for the moment.

The droid announced the pending hyperspace jump, and Taam looked to Jonyna. "You have made this a home, haven't you?" Taam commented. Though he hadn't seen her quarters yet, the addition of a pool and hot tub proved his mate liked some comfort and recreation as she traveled. He could appreciate that.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Had to. This wasn't originally mine. Stole off the Imps back in the day when me and my crew got ambushed by the crew of this old bird. The quarters were just a bonus." She mused, thinking back to them. "Still feels a bit quiet compared to those days. Hoping to grow the crew back to how I had it someday. You saw the helmet back in the armory, yeah? That's from the former pilot. I like to keep it as a reminder." There was something grim about that thought, but Jonyna saw it more as a reminder of what era she came from. A reminder of her own origin, and her own philosophy. Some jedi would argue non-violence. Jonyna never could. To her, in-action was what led to the Empire. The Jedi becoming too embroiled with bureaucracy, and stuck too high on their own philosophical debates.

"Come on," She led them back downstairs, "I'll show you my room till we get there. Maybe we can...fool around a bit down there." She winked, never letting go of his hand.

koDnRX8.jpg

Back in the day. Taam was still working on wrapping his head around what that truly meant. When Jonyna said she did something back in the day, if usually didn't mean like several decades back, She meant several centuries. It only reminded him that his mate was from another time. Seeing how far she had come in the current time only proved her mettle. The kind of mettle that drew him to the strong, passionate woman.

Taam found nothing macabre or inappropriate about keeping the dead pilot's helmet. War trophies were more than objects to boast over, they were reminders of struggle and of triumph.

With the suggestion that he finally see her quarters, Taam grinned and squeezed her hand, following her lead back from the upper deck. He never needed more than a wink from Jonyna or a brush of her tail to stir his want for her. "Hmmmmmmmggggg." A deep, throaty growl was his only response, but Jonyna would know exactly what he meant.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom