Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Returning Home

Um9wLtZ.png

<I lost my second padawan. Before the Clone Wars kicked off proper, there was a...phony war, per say. Lots of posturing between the Confederacy and the Republic. I had taken on a boy, Junin Cel, a bright Twi'lek who saw the best in people. That didn't help him when we were trapped in a Confederate base. We were overrun, and the boy was killed.> Cici, despite not being able to touch Taam, put a hand on his shoulder. <Do not let it define you. A soul was lost, sure, but they are with the Force now. You did your best, surely. My first padawan did much better. Have you ever heard the name Shaak Ti?>

Tag: Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

koDnRX8.jpg

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Taam found an odd comfort learning that Cici had also lost a padawan, and even in the non-tangible gesture of her hand over his shoulder. He had learned to cope, with the help of others including Jonyna, and hearing again that Kalisha was with the Force reinforced his peace with it.

<Shaak Ti... yes, a master around the time of the Clone War and...> Order 66. Taam was suddenly very aware that both women, Jonyna and her mother who had gone on to the Force, had been there, in that time. <...Yes, I've heard of her.>

Um9wLtZ.png

<It brings me great pride to know I raised a padawan who one day joined the Council. Even if they fell later on, Ti was always a great student. I'd like to imagine in a better timeline, we could have worked alongside each other.> Slowly, the ghost seemed to fade, her hand disappearing into the ether. <Ah, I think my time is up for now. Taam, before I go, just remember. You'll never find peace in guilt. Find it in life.>

koDnRX8.jpg

Taam watched as Cici's form faded from view, her words ringing in his head. It was an encounter he did not expect, for to meet with a Force ghost was something significant in itself, but to meet Jonyna's mother was an honor and pleasure he would never forget.

Looking to Jonyna with a smile and an arm around her waist, he met her gaze. <Thank you for introducing me. I think I understand you a little bit more now!> Taam offered with a small squeeze. <I can only imagine what the two of you looked like defending this world together.> Well, he didn't have to try hard to imagine it, there was the mural commemorating it.

Um9wLtZ.png

A low purr filled the room. <You're welcome. I hope you can get to know her more later. She can only come out for a few minutes at a time.> Jonyna leaned into the touch, placing her head on his shoulder. <It was pretty cool, I think. Maybe not worth the mural they put up.> She let out a giggle, a hand reaching over and putting it down on his own. <I love you.>

Was it premature? To throw out the L word so casually? Jonyna didn't think so.

koDnRX8.jpg

The significance of the visit with Cici lingered even after she faded back into the Force. Taam grinned at Jonyna's modesty. From what he had heard, the mural was no exaggeration. He felt her hand on his, her soft purr declaring her affection. Taam did not shy away from the confession, but welcomed it.

<I love you too.> Taam echoed leaning in to nuzzler her neck with his muzzle. Cathar was admittedly not his home. That was Kashyyyk. But Cathar was his ancestral home, and with Jonyna, in her own home, made it his home too. <Thank you for bringing me home.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom